Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Fated ❯ Explanations ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Fated: Part Thirteen

Explanations


"Diamond storm!"

SHK-BOOM!

Meramon was instantly sent flying into a nearby building! He... he didn't even notice this new threat approach him; he was too busy attempting to capture the 'creator.' A curse was uttered within the digimon's fiery head.

"Holy cow!" Let's just say... that the he was impressed. Well... actually, Takato's brown eyes were wider than soup bowls. What the heck was that? He knew the attack from somewhere, but.... With curious eyes, he looked toward the attacker. No... way! He opened his mouth and gaped for a second. "It's... it's...--"

"A Renamon...," Rika finished, mesmerized by the fox-like digimon. It... was like her dreams... only real-- in front of her.... It was breathing, for goodness sakes! And... and was it protecting them.... Yes-- it had to be! Oh, how she dreamed of meeting this creature.... How she dreamed....

While the two children were still stuck in a moment of awe, the fire digimon was shaking his confused head and standing back up! He... had not been paying attention. The Meramon swore that it would not let that creature gain the upper hand again. Grinning, Meramon stomped his foot, creating long cracks in the concrete! They rushed along the street... as if it had aimed the anger-filled pound toward something.

Almost like a volcano, spurts of fire flew from the ground as the cracks moved about! The worst part of it was... it only happened around the Renamon! In fact, it surrounded the digimon completely! In a matter of seconds... the flames died down, and the creature was gone.

It wasn't fair! Rika reached out toward the spot where their protector had last stood, tears of anger blinding her eyesight. She... she couldn't understand.... Why...? And now... it was gone-- the only thing she had ever wanted to meet.... With hatered and rage boiling inside, she shrieked, "NO!" Not fair-- no! The Renamon didn't have a chance!

What... was wrong with her? Was she insane?! If she went any closer, she'd get burnt to a crisp! Takato, ignoring the blush that wanted to spring onto his face, wrapped his arms around Rika's waist in order to keep her back. Why did she care THAT much? What made her think so irrationally? He remembered of her interest in the Sakuyamon card, then smiled weakly. Oh... yeah. He'd nearly forgotten 'bout that.

How pitiful could he be...?

"Now," the Meramon rasped with a pleased grin, "come with me, creator...." By collecting the creator, he would be rewarded greatly....

What? No! She couldn't have him leave her, too! First her father, then the Renamon... and now Takato? She... she just couldn't handle that! She couldn't handle losing all the things she cared most about! Turning around, Rika grasped the poor boy tightly and buried her head in his chest. No... she wouldn't let him go.... Not now... not ever. There was just something about him-- something that made her feel special-- and she needed to know what....

"Rika!" Takato gasped. What was she doing?! She... she was gonna get herself killed! He didn't want that! Not at all! He... he loved her too much to let her be so stubborn! "Let... me go."

Shaking her head, Rika retorted, "I won't lose you, too, Goggle-head!"

"Please...."

The way he said that.... His voice seemed so different... so mature.... Could that really have been... Takato? The redhead looked up; her eyes reached deep within his own. They... were trying to tell her something.... But what...? What... did he want to say...?

"Pyro-sphere!"

KASH-KRAK!

Once again, the creature was knocked off to the side! Of course, it wasn't defeated. It would take more than a few sneak attacks to knock it down for good.... The freaky thing was... the Meramon had been only inches from the kids! Ooh, my! And... what saved them this time, anyway?! Well....

"What IS it...?" Rika questioned as soon as she caught one glimpse of the red digimon. Now, she knew practically EVERY digimon-- even some of the 'never-heard-before-because-they're-so-rare' ones! And yet... she had never seen this one in her life! And that attack...! Astounding!

Takato, on the other hand.... "It's... Guilmon...," he managed to mumble, eyes growing even larger than before.

Yes... things were beginning to become quite interesting....

~*~

"What the heck is THAT?!"

"Duh, dude! It's a... a.... Well-- it's a digimon, for goodness sakes!"

Kenta laughed harshly and poked Kazu in the shoulder. What a riot! "You don't know either, eh?" Gee-- who was the 'best' now? It sure wasn't Kazu! Not even HENRY knew what that thing was... at least, he thought. Then again... they hadn't asked him, had they...? Darn... hard to be happy when you're busy making quick assumptions, huh...?

There they went again.... Henry shook his head and sighed. Wrong-- they never really stopped since they had begun the search.... How long had they been walking anyway? A while, to say the least. Weren't they ANY closer to the building yet?! With a glance... the blue haired boy noted that they were maybe an hour from the building. Well... an hour at their slow pace. If they were to jog or run....

Naw.... Kazu and Kenta would whine, and he didn't want to overwork Jeri. Yeah, he cared about her-- so what? Yeah... so he sorta liked her.... Okay! So he REALLY liked her! What was the big deal? It wasn't like she--

"Henry...?"

He felt a tug on his arm; he stopped almost immediately afterwards. What... was wrong? She sounded... she sounded scared. He turned... and felt his jaw drop to the dirt ground below (literally speaking, mind you).

A VERY ticked off Monochromon stood behind them; growls and snorts flew from the creature like steam coming from a chimney. Simply put-- ticked... as in overly angry.... Yes, it WAS quite frightening. The only thing that entered their minds at the moment was... was it going to attack...? Before Henry had time to guess what was wrong... the digimon screeched and made a beeline straight for them!

"RUN!!!"

No one needed to say that twice! All four of them practically flew toward that strange building! Think of it this way: when your life is threatened by an overly large creature that could possibly tear you to shreds in a matter of seconds... you can run REALLY fast....


~*~

They didn't have a lot of food, that was for sure! And to think... he was hungry! Really hungry! Almost starving, for cryin' out loud! "Yo, kiddos," he said slickly, "thanks for the food, but--"

Mako sniffed and ran out of the room in hopes to find some more food. It was hard for them, as small as they were, to find much, and yet.... When someone said 'but,' it usually meant something bad! He didn't want him to leave, so....

"We don't want you to go...!" Ai cried, clasping her hands in a silent plea. Okay... so they had just met this creature a little bit ago... but it felt like they were connected! All three of them... ya know? Yeah, yeah... it was silly to think something like that, but.... "Impmon... please--"

"I found more food!"

The boy whooshed into the room, a small basket of fruit in his hands. "Mama keeps this for Papa, but since you're our friend--"

"And you're still hungry," Ai added softly.

"-- I don't think they'd mind...."

So... they were disobeying their parents... for him? W-why...? Impmon shook his head violently. Ahh-- who cared? He just wanted to fill his gut! And besides, after seeing how they fought over that stuffed thing... what would they do to him?! He was a lot more alive than that! It wasn't like HE was made out of stuffing! "Whatever," he muttered, snatching a few apples and shoving them into his mouth. Without swallowing, he took a banana and, after peeling it, popped it in as well.

Just because they were nice to him didn't mean that he had to return the favor! At least... he was pretty sure he didn't have to.... After all, he WAS sorta new to all of this....

Once the purple digimon was full and happy, the kids cheered and begged him to play a game with them. He, of course... wanted to leave right then! Why should he play with them?! They were just puny, weak human children! He didn't have to care about them! But... their sacrifice struck some tiny chord in his heart-- however small it was-- and in the end... he agreed.

But he wasn't going to be nice-- got that?!

~*~

"What's... a Guilmon...?"

Man... he really wanted to answer her... but his words caught in his throat. 'I created it on a piece of notebook paper!' was what he longed to cry; instead... he merely nodded and took in a gulp of air. This... was all too much. If a digimon he had created was waltzing around-- literally standing right before him!-- then... what about others he had thought up...? Were they alive as well...?

Still... the only one he had truly gotten worked up about was the Guilmon....

With a grunt, the Meramon rose once more and launched itself straight for its new opponent! It would be an easy kill-- almost as easy as the Renamon! "You die!" he hissed, about to land on the dinosaur digimon. Like I said earlier: an easy kill.

Too easy.

"Forgetting about something...?"

What was that?! The creature turned, focusing its bright blue eyes at the voice. That voice... was one that it had heard before.... It... it couldn't be...! But... how...?

"Diamond storm!"

With a cry of anger and pain, the Meramon fell, wounded. It was not dead, though. Not by along shot.... It wouldn't give up! Never! Master needed the creator, and when Master needed something... everyone was trying to find it! The thing was... that the creator was right there! Right... before him.... Growling, he mumbled, "You'll pay...."

The fool! He wasn't paying attention! That would cost him! "Pyro-sphere!" Guilmon shot his blast straight at the confused digimon. At that same time, it also noted that Renamon had sent her attack in the same direction! With hopes high, they watched on....

KASHK-BOOM!!!

"NOOO! I... I can't lose!" He couldn't let... down Master.... He... he....

As the smoke cleared... only bits of data flew through the air. This was proof enough that they had truly defeated their enemy. And... the power they gained while absorbing the data was... well, it was grand. It felt as though they had been pumped back up! Once they finished their... 'feast,' as you could say, they turned to the children they had protected just minuets ago.

Okay... why were they looking at them that way...? Didn't they just... keep them safe...? Yeah.... They... they wouldn't hurt them... would they? With a nervous chuckle, Takato glanced to Rika. "What now...?" he whispered, receiving a strange glare from the redhead afterwards.

~*~

"Hewo...? Terwiermon...?" Susie stuck her head in the ally and shivered. It was scary... but she'd do it! She wanted to see Terriermon! Besides, she was a brave girl! "Where are you...?" she called weakly. Okay... she was brave, but scared!

After following that little black blob (Botamon)-- and losing it-- she found herself near some stores her daddy usually went to. That's right! She wasn't lost! She... she knew almost exactly where she was! It wasn't like she would get lost, anyway! Not only was she brave (and a little scared)... but she was also SMART too!

It was just that she didn't know where Terriermon was.... And the bad thing was... it could be--

CRASH!

Who... or what was that?! "W-who's there...?!" she demanded, trying to sound as tough as she could. The tougher... the better.... At that moment, though... she was wishing her brother, Henry, was there. He... he would protect her! He always did!

A small, scurrying sound echoed; it was followed by a whimper. Oh... it had to be a kitty. Yeah-- just a scared little kitty-cat! But... the noise sounded too big... to be a kitty.... Susie gulped and backed away from the darkened place. Too scary.... She wanted to be home! Why did she have to go after her Princess Pretty Pants...?! She... she wanted her mommy....

The child fell to her knees and began to bawl. That's all she wanted! She wanted her mommy! And maybe her daddy, too! A little girl, lost in the streets-- that's all she was right now! She was scared and tired and sore from walking! She... she wasn't brave, either! No-- she was a wimp! A big, scared wimpy-wimp!

A soft voice flowed out over her crying.... It was gentle and comforting. Said the voice: "Please don't cry.... I... I won't hurt you...."

Susie halted her tears almost immediately. With hope filled eyes, she questioned, "Terwiermon...?" Oh, she couldn't wait to meet the creature! She would take it home, and then she would have a real-life Princess Pretty Pants!

The voice laughed nervously. "Not... exactly...." As it finished stating that fact... the creature stepped out of the darkness....

The little girl gasped and giggled and clapped her hands happily.

~*~

"Are you... all right...?"

Okay... so they DID want to help them...! That... that was good. Yes... good. Now... as long as it wasn't some kind of trick.... "We're fine... right, Rika?" Takato glanced toward the redhead with a slightly concerned look. Fine... a VERY concerned look.

The girl nodded and crossed her arms gently. Right now... she wasn't in the best of moods. Yeah-- you guessed it. Her 'I-can't-believe-Renamon-is-protecting-me' phase had come... and gone. Now, she wanted to know what the HECK was going on! I mean, she had a right to know! That's all she wanted! She asked: "Why...?"

What was she saying? 'Why?' Why, what? The boy chuckled and waved his hands nervously. "Ignore her-- she gets a little temperamental at times! Besides--"

"We believe that what they are doing is wrong...," answered the fox-like creature. If only those children were strong enough to fight back.... Alas-- humans are weak creatures. Well... at least physically. Emotionally, they may be the most powerful beings in the universe....

That... was not exactly helpful.... What was so wrong...? Trying to capture Takato? "What... are they doing...?" Rika remembered what the Meramon had called her friend.... "Why are they after the 'creator?'" If they-- whoever THEY were-- had plans that involved hurting or killing her Goggle-head, she'd....

This time... Guilmon spoke. He sounded more like a child than a digimon, but.... "We aren't quite sure ourselves! Renamon says they're up to something bad, though!" The creature swished his tail. Friends! They could have friends! Maybe they could feed him and play with him and everything! Holding those thoughts for later, he went on: "Well... first of all, this really big fire bird digimon--"

"Zhuqiaomon," translated Renamon wearily. Not only did he sound like a child... he also talked like one at times.... At least the digimon could fight well.... That's all that mattered right now.

"-- has this idea that the creator has the power to control us!"

Takato took a step back in shock. He wasn't hearing things... was he? Did he just hear Guilmon say that he, a simple minded Goggle-head, could control digimon?! No... no way...! How could it... how could he...? Maybe all he had to do was concentrate REALLY hard...! Who knows? Anything's bound to happen!

Poor child. Renamon sighed as the boy's face turned a deep shade of red while jamming his eyes shut. Apparently... her partner had not explained it clearly enough. "What he means," she started, watching the girl smack the boy upside the head, "is that your life controls us. If you were to die-- or stop believing-- we would cease to exist."

"You mean to say... that Goggle-head is your key to survival?!" Rika rasped, shocked. If something were to happen to him.... But, why was the Meramon after him? If he died....

The dinosaur digimon looked toward Rika, shaking his head. "The fire bird digimon wants to capture the creator and find a way to preserve him so that death will never come!" From the surprised look on Renamon's face, he had said something smart! He felt so pleased! At least he was learning... right?

Keep him alive... forever...? "That's... not right," Takato mumbled. He... he wanted to grow up and grow old! If it could happen ('if' is the whole point of this sentence), he'd like to marry and have kids.... Yeah... marry Rika.... But that was only... if she cared for him as well.... If she didn't.... The brown haired boy stopped those thoughts instantly and focused on the present. Okay... he and Rika had been flown some distance from the building; after a while of walking, they were now pretty close to it again; they had been attacked by the same digimon from the building; they had been protected by Renamon and Guilmon; Takato had just learned that he might have to live FOREVER. Yup... that pretty much summed it up....

Hold up a sec! "What about the others?!"

Rika shot Takato a glace. What the heck did he mean? Then... it hit her like a ton of bricks.... She... she was supposed to meet them a while ago! A LOOONG while ago! Gulping, she said, "Oops...?"

"Oh, geeze! Rika-- we've gotta find them! If they were still looking when the digimon appeared...."

"They could get hurt!" she concluded. Things weren't sounding very good! Not good at all! And, knowing those idiots, they were looking for the both of them now! Heck-- they probably thought they were out somewhere having a grand old time!

The two digimon glanced at each other, nodded... then stepped forward. "We shall help," the yellow creature stated, offering a paw to Rika. They... would not be able to find their friends on their own. They would need help.

"Yeah! Let me help you, creator!" Guilmon piped in. It would be fun-- especially with his new friend!

Takato groaned heavily. Man-- what a crappy name.... Who came up with it?! If he ever found out, he'd.... With a small chortle, he said, "You can call me Takato...." There. That should help. Heh... who would want to be called 'creator,' anyway?

"Takato... mon...?"

"No, no! Just Takato!"

Laughing (for once), Rika turned toward the opposite direction of the building. They needed to split up... although she didn't want to. "I'll go this way, okay?" With both teams looking, the others would be found faster!

Splitting up...? But.... "Alright...," the boy muttered. He wouldn't fight with her.... He COULDN'T fight with her.... As she started off, he called out: "Be careful! When your done, head back to the building-- we'll meet up there!" Oh, how he wanted to yell out more... but as he watched her head bob in acceptance, he let the both of them go. No... he wouldn't worry.... In fact, he had to smile as he heard her shout out energetically:

"Let's go!"

Takato watched longingly as the girl he loved ran off with her new digimon friend by her side. It was so... scary, ya know...? I mean-- he knew that Renamon would protect her and all, but.... Well... he just wished he could be there with her....

"Takatomon...?" Guilmon sniffed his friend with curiosity. What was wrong with him...? Was he hungry or tired or something...? Maybe....

Huh...? Glancing down at the red, virus-type digimon, the boy chuckled. Poor thing...! He must've confused him pretty good! "I'm okay, pal...," he assured the dinosaur. But now... they had to find everyone else.... As far as he knew... they were still looking for him. If so, then they could be in a load of trouble!

He patted Guilmon on the back of the head gently; tilting his head in the opposite direction of where Rika and Renamon went, he said, "Ready to do a search, boy?!"

Yelping happily in response, the creature jogged off. Takato fell in behind his newfound friend, laughing and generally having some fun! This... was actually not that bad! And he had someone who would protect his butt as well!

At times... life was great!

~*~

"IS IT JUST ME, OR IS THAT THING CATCHING UP?!?"

"JUST RUN!!!"

Henry, who was practically dragging Jeri along with him, dared not look back. The two dingdongs could turn their heads all they wanted-- that would just slow THEM down. If they wanted to live, however....

"Terrier tornado!"

BOOM!

A loud screech was heard behind them. Almost like the digimon had been stopped.... Let's just say... that curiosity suddenly got the better of him, and Henry gazed behind him quickly. What the...? The... the Monochromon HAD halted...? It still looked mad, but... it wasn't chasing them now....

"Woah-- lookit!"

"Sweet, man!"

The blue haired boy slowed to a halt and followed Kazu and Kenta's bewildered gazes. What he saw surprised him greatly! As for Jeri... well, the confused girl only thought of one thing: CUTE!

~*~

A/N: YES!!! FF.net is back up! *sees the VERY angry faces* Okay... so it's been up for a couple days now.... Sorry! I've been busy with other things! I hope to get the next chapter out soon, though. In fact, it's almost done now! Woo-hoo! Sadly... this story is coming to an end. I have about three (maybe four-- it depends on how much I can fit in a chapter) chapters and an epilogue left. *sighs* You'd be surprised how long I wished for at least 100 reviews.... Oh, well.... I hope to see you all at the end! Also, this is dedicated to James Potter, the one who always tries to get me to post the chapters faster (and who blames himself for ff.net's downtime)! *laughs* I hope this is a good enough dosage for you! *hands story to Nurse Evans and thinks about the old Pointless Forum at PFFA* Ahh... the good old days with my asylum buddies. *clears throat* Heh....

Also, to those of you who like my ideas and writing style... do not fear! After 'Fated' is over, I have another story in the works! *laughs* You'll never guess how long I've been planning this story. What's worse is... I plan and write everything in my head first! I hate using paper-- I always write it wrong. By the time I go to type what's written... I am more or less REWRITING the whole thing! Anyway, the story is gonna be called 'The Darkness Within,' and it will take place after the ending of Tamers! Go to http://www.mediaminer.org/fanart/agal.php?id=2680 and click on the preview pic I drew for the story! Mwuahaha.... While you ponder what I have in store for the story... read the preview for the next chapter and REVIEW!!! Ja!- Angel-Chan *Terriermon runs past with Susie (who is holding a frilly dress) hot on his heels*

Fated: Part Fourteen

The Search

"Do you really think your friends are around here, Rika?"

The redhead smiled meekly and kept on running. Inside, she was almost positive that they weren't anywhere near there. But she still had a gut feeling... that they would find something. So... what was she going to do? Listen to her head... or follow her gut?

Take a wild guess.

As they ran... Rika pulled all that had happened within that short period of time into her thoughts. It was... happening so fast. From the disappearance of Takato... to the reappearance of her father.... And now, with just one quick look around... she could see just what her father's dream was turning into....

A massacre.

Building were toppled.... The streets had been cracked so bad that the cars parked on them were propped up in the air; they could've been turned into some grotesque-shaped slide.... What made it a true massacre, though... was the bodies. People-- not many, but it still counted-- were scattered about. The girl was unable to tell if they were alive... or dead. And soon... soon the army, with its guns and bombs, would come.... Then there would be even more bodies cluttering the streets.... But this time, they would be human AND digimon bodies....

Even if this was her dream at one time-- to have digimon in the real world-- she couldn't take it.... If any more bad came of this... and the way her father blamed Takato! She couldn't take that! How dare he make her goggle-head responsible for... for THAT! Why...? Why would he do it...? It was like he... he didn't care....

Like she had claimed earlier.... He was NOT her father.... At least... not the one she knew. Now, he was--

"My! What a surprise-- the Digimon Queen!"