Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Fighter ❯ Fighter (chapter three) ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fighter

By Marie Darkholme

Third Chapter

Taichi stood outside the apartment in the east side of Kyoto. It had white walls and the door was made of wood. He knocked on the door and waited for an answer. After a few seconds he could see movements behind the door and then the door opened it and a young blond man stood there with a smile on his face.

"Hey Taichi. Come in." Takeru said getting out of the way so Taichi could enter. He greeted the younger and entered the hallway. A soft food aroma was on the air. He took a deep breath and another smile spread across his face. Takeru smirked seeing his soon to be brother-in-law smiling. Taichi walked through the known house directly into the kitchen where his younger sister stood busy preparing dinner.

He entered and watched his sister running from one side to another with food and knives and stuff on her hands. "You didn't need to make my favourite food." Taichi smirked breaking the silence only interrupted by the pots sound warming on the stove. Hikari went to his brother and launched herself on him.

"I do everything for my brother." She said as she kissed his cheek. Taichi smiled seeing his sister happiness. He watched her as she put the plates over the table helped by Takeru. He loved them both. He admired Hikari's kindness and thoughtfully and he admired Takeru's sincerity and inner strength. They were the perfect couple. Once again, he caught himself thinking about having a couple's life. A life that most of his friend didn't think he cared about or liked but he did and he wanted a couple's life. He wanted a woman by his side supporting him all the time.

He was shook off his thoughts by Hikari's voice announcing dinner was ready. The three sat at the table. "I'm so happy that you came to have dinner with me." Hikari said as she put a piece of meet on her mouth. "Yup, but I bet T.K. wasn't that happy, right?" Taichi smirked. Takeru blushed deep red as he heard and stuck a too large quantity of food on his mouth which made him cough and spill it again into the plate.

Taichi and Hikari laughed at Takeru's behaviour and he too laughed. Taichi watched as the two love birds changed smiles and looks that only couples shared. He got caught again on his thoughts but this time about Sora. Yeah, she was a piece of woman, but she was also very disturbed by something. `Why doesn't he trust anyone?´ he thought and as he did he stared at the plate not really noticing Hikari watching him.

Dinner was quite good and Taichi ate as much as he could since he didn't know really how to cook so Hikari's cooks were like god's food to him. There was desert too, but not Hikari's desert. It was Takeru's speciality. Apple pie. He ate a big slice and joked about Takeru's cooking abilities. By the end of the dinner it was getting late. The family sat on the couch talking about work and stuff like that, but Hikari was noticing his brother's worried look and she could almost bet she knew the reason.

Knowing her brother would never tell her about his problems in front of Takeru, she got an excuse and send Takeru to get coffee to the cafeteria two blocks away. Understanding the message Takeru left and Hikari took the chance to wonder about her brother's problems.

"Are you okay Taichi?" she asked sitting next to him. He smirked. "I knew you didn't need coffee. Poor Takeru, going outside for nothing." He murmured. Hikari blushed and punched him playfully on his shoulder. "Okay, then tell me what is bothering you." She demanded. Taichi sighed. "Like you don't know already you smart ass." He joked.

"It's because of a girl, isn't it?" she questioned and sighed. Taichi nodded. "I don't think she worth it, Tai, sincerely. She has too many problems that you cannot solve. Why do you always pick the wrong ones?" she asked more to herself then to Taichi.

"Tell me about it. We don't tell our heart who to love." He sighed and stared to the ceiling lying on his sister's lap. She passed her fingers through his hair. "I phoned her today. She got suspended and I was worried. She told me she had been caught once and she wouldn't be caught twice. She said we were all the same. What do you think she meant?" he asked.

Hikari caressed his hair as she thought in those words. She knew exactly what Sora meant about guys being all the same, but being caught? She couldn't quite figure that one. "Maybe some guy hurt her pretty bad and she is afraid of being caught in that again." She concluded. Taichi looked into his sister's brown eyes. "Hurt?! You mean betray or something worst?" he questioned confused. Hikari shook her head. "I don't know. But something must have happened."

They remained there in a lovely brother sister picture with Taichi with his head lied on Hikari's lap and she caressing his hair. Hikari had been Taichi's help in every matter after their mom died when he was sixteen. Though Hikari was only thirteen by the time she was more developed then most girls and she helped him with the girls stuff and replaced his mother in advising.

A noise coming from the door made them both realise Takeru was back. He entered and closed the door behind him. He stared at the picture of the two brothers lying there and smiled. `I wish Yamato and me were like that.´ he thought. "Hey!! Tai that's not fair. That's my spot and you can't take over it while I'm gone." He joked. Taichi sat and looked to the younger. "You're right. I must overcome my need for my little sister's caresses." He stood up and kissed Hikari's forehead.

"See you tomorrow." He said. He shook hands with Takeru. "I'm still waiting for your report Takeru." He said and walked off their house.

The next day was a dark rainy day. The winter was rushing in with all his might. A red headed girl walked down to the police station. She sighed and entered. An officer immediately spotted her. He noticed her shoulder length reddish hair and her dark blue eyes the minute she stepped in. He walked towards her as he glared at her. She wore a pair of black pants and a top with a jacket over it.

"Can I help you?" he kindly asked. The girl smirked as she saw the young officer. "Yeah. I'm looking for officer Izumi." She replied a little coldly. The young man eyed her and motioned her to follow him. The red head girl followed him to an office on a corner next to the reunion room. Inside it was a spiky red haired boy over a table filled with tools and gadgets.

The younger officer knocked on the door and entered while the girl waited outside with a smirk on her face. "Yeah?" Officer Izumi replied from within his office. "There's a girl here wanting to talk to you." The younger officer said and exited the room motioning the girl to come in. `A girl?! Cool, this is really working.´ the girl thought to herself. She entered the room and eyed her friend.

"Did we meet before?" Izumi asked not really having a clue over the girl's identity. The girl smirked once more. "It's really working. Don't you recognize me, Koushiro?" she spoke in a cold authoritarian tone. Koushiro eyed the girl with a new look. He knew that voice from somewhere. "Sora?!" he asked still surprised. The girl smiled.

"What happened?... how…when…" he stuttered. "Shh!" Sora whispered putting her finger over her mouth motioning him to be quite. She then locked the door and shut the curtains closed. Koushiro watched her without really knowing what he should do. "I heard you got suspended." He said trying to pull the talk. "Yeah, and the stupid Yagami got ahead of me." She said angry.

Koushiro immediately decided to put the talk behind, noticing how pissed off she looked talking about Taichi. `Man, she must be really pissed with him.´ he thought but got interrupted by Sora pulling him to the chair. "Koushiro, I need your help." She said. "But you have to promise me you won't tell anyone about what is going on." She told him. Koushiro eyed her with curiosity. `Oh, no. She has a plan and he's going to get on me.´ he thought knowing perfectly how Sora's mind worked.

"Don't make that face, just promise." She asked. "Okay, I promise anyone." He said consumed by the curiosity. "Then my plan is this…" she started telling him her plan. Once and a while Koushiro would gasp or shout "What?" but he eventually shut up again and Sora continued explaining her idea. After a half hour, she had finally finished but Koushiro was the one out of breath. "You can't do that, you just can't. Is too dangerous." He said.

"Shut the fuck up. I'll do it, with or without you. Are you in or out?" she asked standing up and mirroring her friend. Koushiro thought about the pros and against arguments but he knew how stubborn Sora was since he knew her for much longer than Yamato did. "I'm in." he finally decided. Sora smiled with a triumph look on her face. "Just promise that if you get into trouble you'll tell me?" he asked her. Sora sighed. She also knew she needed Koushiro's help and he would not give it to her unless she promised so she did, but not really. Sora was no girl to ask for help. She would rather die than ask for help, especially coming from a man.

She exited the officer with a triumph look, but she eventually bumped into someone. "Sorry!" she said as she stood up very quickly. Only then she looked to the stranger. She almost gasped as she saw Taichi standing there. "I'm sorry." He said as he tried to help her with the bag she carried in her hands. She immediately got an hostile look on her dark blue lenses and took the bag from him as she walked away.

Yamato and Taichi ignored her and continued walking and talking. As she walked away she could get a piece of their conversation and that was enough to know they were talking about her. She stepped back a little as they had stopped in front of the elevator's door waiting for it and tried to catch the conversation. Her mind screamed her to get out of there but her curiosity was too high.

She stood against a doorway that led to the stairs next to the elevator. "I don't think she's okay." She heard Taichi's voice. "I mean, she got suspended and you saw I she got. Besides she's not the kind of girl to give up on what she wants, isn't she?" he asked. She heard Yamato laughing. "Are you in love with her?" he asked. Though she couldn't see it, this made Taichi blush slightly but not enough for Yamato to notice it. "Of course not." Taichi replied. "I'm just worried. You always confuse my crushes with my worries." He finished. By this time the elevator door opened and a bunch of cops got out and Taichi and Yamato along with other guys entered the elevator.

Sora sighed on her spot. She was feeling confused with Taichi but with herself too. She wasn't sure about what she felt anymore. But she was afraid and that feeling was stronger than any other within her. `But can fear be stronger than love?´ she thought. `I will eventually fall in love one day? But no, I can't. I must only feel hate for them. Men are all the same. Can't catch me twice. Not me, not again.´ and she got out from her spying spot and headed outside the police building.

Later that night the same red headed girl made her appearance on the suburbs of Tokyo. She walked around the place where drugged and prostitute worked. She spied their misery from besides her apparently indifference and coldness. Night bars opened their doors to dark businesses. Once and a while, voices shouting and yelling could be heard.

She watched as a sixteen years-old girl stuck a syringe to her skin, feeling better with herself almost the second after. Though her spirit cried in pain, the look in her face made people think she was happy. Sora understood how she felt. She too had been in the limits of pain. She touched her hands and even though they were covered by gloves, like always se could almost feel the scars but worst than that was the pain she felt. That was still too real, was still inside her and awoke her for reality. It seemed like it had only happened yesterday.

----Flashback----

A teen about eighteen entered her house with her graduation diploma. A smile crossed her face as she looked into the golden letters that declared her once more as one of the more intelligent girls in school. In that moment, as she stepped to the podium to get her diploma it was like all the pain and sadness of her life had disappeared. She just wished that her mom could have seen her there, but she knew that some place, where people's spirits go after their bodies die, her mother would be smiling to her.

She entered the house still in a dreaming state and went to her room, not realising the mess that was going on. Maybe if she had realised she could have been able to get out and the incident had never happened. Her ears only heard the applauses that she had gotten from the professors. Not really her friends cause she hadn't many.

In the living room a man stood drunk. He watched as the eighteen paced to her room and followed her. He just wanted to yell at her, tell her she was the reason of all his problems. He wanted her death, like her mother. He was glad that the bitch had died while giving birth. It was one less worry to him. He entered the girl's room and watched her and she lied on her bed, smiling.

That really made him furious. She couldn't smile. She had to be unhappy. She had to suffer. He picked a picture on the wall from his wife that his daughter had for so long. He stepped towards her in a drunken way. The girl acknowledged her father's presence but she only had time to put her hands over her head covering her face. The glass broke and got into her skin. She cried in pain as she saw her father picking another picture of her mother and hit her again.

"Bitch! Don't smile. You have to be unhappy. You ruined my life. You and your mother, that slut." He said as he stroke her with pictures and other stuff, making the broken pieces of glass deepening in the eighteen's skin. She cried as she didn't know what to do. She felt the blood dripping from her bruised hands as the glass got through her skin. She couldn't quite remember how long she kept cuddling on the corner of her bed, just wishing the guy that she called father disappeared from her life.

----End of Flashback----

It had passed some years since that but the scars had been left for her to remember the pain. The pain that was brought to her by all men. The pain that she didn't want to feel again. From that day, she made a promise, not to love, because love only caused her pain. And she had kept that promise. She never loved again and she would never love.

She shook her head as tears started rolling down her face, distracting her from the reason that had brought her there in the first place. Proves. She needed proves to put Hiroshi Nikawa in prison and she would get them, even if it was the last thing she'll do.

She walked in a bar. Without Koushiro's help, it couldn't have been almost impossible to get through with her plan, but now she only needed to act. It was filled with drunks, but on a corner a few known crooks played cards. She approached them and studied her target's moves.

Yamato and Taichi were on watch and patrolled the streets. Taichi was driving but he wasn't really paying attention to what he was doing as his mind only had one though. He could only guess what curse could someone had made him, to fall in love with the weirdest women he could imagine. Not that Megumi was weird, but he always ended up getting hurt in his love relationship. He envied his sister's luck, or better Takeru's luck cause he knew Hikari would never betrayed him. Why did he always have to be the one stabbed on the back?

Yamato watched concerned his friend as he had a great idea about what he was thinking. He knew how it felt like. Well not really being betray cause no girl had ever betray him, but he could understand pretty well, how Taichi felt falling in love with Sora. There was no way that girl will ever get a guy on her life, unless she spilt her pass to someone. Keeping things bottled inside is not good and Sora had just too many things to keep bottled. He didn't what, though, but he knew it had to be something very harsh to her.

"Are you okay?" Yamato asked. Taichi didn't reply for so lost he was in his thoughts. Yamato passed his hand in front of Taichi's eyes but still this didn't catch his attention, so he put his hand over his shoulder. Taichi moved slightly. "Sorry, did you say something?" he replied keeping his eyes on the road. "Boy, don't tell me you're thinking about a certain crimson eyed?" he asked. Taichi sighed.

"Forget about her. Look man, I know you've been through some hard stuff lately, and as your friend, I don't want you to get hurt again and believe Sora will hurt you more than you can ever imagine." Yamato replied. "You know. I kind of know that but still, I can't figure why she is so cold and distant. She lives for work, better she's the work. And that day I fought her…you should have seen her eyes Yama." Taichi murmured in a kind of inner loud talk. Yamato listened but remained quiet.

"Have you really no idea of what happened to her?" he asked. Yamato shook his head. "No. She doesn't talk about her pass and she gets pissed every time someone tries to ask her something. Mimi, our psychologist, she says Sora must had some problems with her father, but that only doesn't explain the fact that she is so aggressive towards the guys. That's was at least what she said in her last report." Yamato replied.

Taichi kept his eyes on the road. "Do you think he hit her or something?" he asked. These kind of thoughts had crossed his mind several times since he had met Sora. "Yeah, I think he might have but I think something besides her father happened." Yamato said. Taichi suddenly looked to his friend and pulled the police car next to the walk. "Are you trying to say she got rapped?" Taichi asked.

----Flashback----

Yamato had just entered to Kyoto's police department. He walked inside the large room for the first time in his life. He just loved the smell to coffee in the air, the ringing of the phones and the cop talk. Some of his new mates came to present themselves to him. Then a man with blue hair came in the room and took him to his office.

"I'm Jyou." The man said. "The chief." Yamato shook hands with him as he watched his surroundings. Jyou started talking about some rules in the department, and how to use the copy's machine and stuff. Yamato listened carefully until a brown haired girl came into his view. She had crimson eyes but her face was cold and show aggressiveness.

Jyou must have noticed the looks Yamato was giving to the girl and sighed. "Don't go that way boy." He replied. Yamato turned to him, shook from his thoughts. "Huh?!" he replied not really understanding what Jyou meant. "I said don't go that way. She is your partner but she is no easy girl." He said and accompanied Yamato to the door. "Hey, Takenouchi." Jyou called. Sora turned to see her boss along with a blond boy with blue eyes. Man, she hated blonds.

She went to meet them. "This is your new partner." Jyou said to her, Sora sighed. `I don't need a partner.´ she thought to herself. "Try to be nice to him, for exchange. I don't want another cop running away the city cause you kicked his ass." Jyou laughed. Yamato looked scared to the woman in front of him an then to his new boss. Jyou disappeared into his office, leaving the two partner alone to talk things through.

Yamato looked at the girl. `She's hot.´ but then his eyes met and to Yamato it was like an artic breeze had just stepped inside his spring body. She eyed him with so much hate. She extended her hand to him which he accepted and shook. "Takenouchi, Sora." She said. "Ishida, Yamato." He said. Presentations done, and Sora stormed off the place back to her office. Yamato could see glares from other cops as he stood there astonished. "Don't mess up with her." A red headed guy came and said to him. "Or she'll break your heart without you even notice."

----End Of Flashback----

"That's why you think she was rapped?" Taichi asked after Yamato told him how he had met Sora. "You didn't let me finish." Yamato said. They had continued the race and were now entering the suburbs where they could already see a bunch of sluts walking by there.

----Flashback----

Sora drove like a mad in pursued of a suspect. "Car 1726 in pursue of a black Honda in the suburbs area 15 calling back for reinforcements. Over." Yamato talked into the communicator. "Got it 1726. Over and out." A woman said from the other side. Yamato could barely see where he was going as Sora drove madly. The black Honda turned in a closed corner, but Sora didn't loose his track, she made a ninety degree turn and pursue the car.

Suddenly out of nowhere, two more police cars crossed in their path, bumping against Yamato's and Sora's patrol car, putting them out of race as the car turned upside down. "Damn." Yamato heard Sora cursing. He crawled out of the car as did she. While he was trying to catch his breath, he could hear someone punching on the car. "Dam, damn." Sora shouted angry. Yamato came to her. He was about to ask her to stop when he suddenly stepped in a wire on the street and knocked Sora too the ground lying on the top of her.

She pushed him off roughly. "You asshole. What are you trying to do. Don't you ever try that stunt again." She said raising her fists to him. He paced back with his hands in defensive position. Sora shot him a deathly glare and walked off.

----End Of Flashback----

Taichi eyed Yamato as he told him the events. "But still that doesn't mean she was rapped." He couldn't believe. No it couldn't be the case. Not Sora. She was a though woman. No one would ever get passed her, but still, her father's almost proved actions on her couldn't have possible result in her separation with the male part of the world. Could they?

Sora watched the crooks at the table playing cards. It was time for her little action. She approached in a casual way. Not seductive but not clumsy either. She had to show them she was in charge of something big, though it didn't look like since she was a woman. The men didn't notice her presence though she kept eyeing them really close. She approached a little more.

"I have to talk with Mister Nikawa." She said. She watched as the men turned their attention to her. Some of them smiled in a mischievous way that Sora didn't like, but she hold her ground and kept firm control over her will to ripped their hearts apart. She waited till one of them stood and eyed her. He smirked and once again Sora felt like punching him.

Hiroshi looked at the girl before his eyes. She was pretty hot and her short hair stood great with her blue eyes. He approached her, excusing himself from his playmates. They smirked and he took Sora's hand. "With who I have the pleasure of be talking with?" he said as he took her hand to his lips to kiss it. Sora knew his game and she liked to play it. She was an expert in fooling and breaking hearts whenever she wanted. She allowed him to take her head, but as he approached his lips she retrieved it. "Yori Katsumi." She replied. That was her cover identity.

He looked to her, surprised by her move, but quickly regained his composure and walk to her side as she walked off the bar. He watched her body as she moved. She had a pair of leather black pants and a crimson top that showed up just a little of her navel. Though she didn't like to wear that kind of clothes Koushiro had convinced her that was the best way to get Hiroshi's attention.

She went to a lightened place where some beggars were. She stood there waiting for Hiroshi. He quickly arrived and mirrored her from the top to the bottom. "So, what's up babe?" he asked her. Sora just glared at him. "I want to make a deal with you." She replied. He eyed her curious. "A deal?" he said as he approached her. Their bodies were inches from each other. Sora took a look to his features. He was the typical drug dealer. Half made beard, long black coat with his hands on his pockets and gun on the back of his belt. She looked into his eyes. They were blue as well, but his hair was black. In fact he was pretty handsome and had a great body.

He put his hands around her waist pulling her closer. Sora smirked, but inside she was burning like a volcano. `I hate playing this games.´ she thought as she took his hands off her. He looked surprised again. ´What the hell does she wants anyway? She doesn't seem like a hooker.´ "My deal is about a deliver that I need and a contact." She said. Hiroshi got interested. "How much are we talking about here?" he asked. Sora smiled. "What do you have?"

Taichi and Yamato were still on patrol. "You know what?" Taichi replied as he opened his mouth. "This is boring." "Well you wouldn't call it boring if Sora was here to kick some serious' asses over the neighbourhood." Yamato replied also yawning. Taichi hit him on his shoulder. "Shut up!" he said but then he turned his attention to a scene that was passing in a beggars place. "Look who's there, Yama?" he replied and smiled. Yamato looked and smirked. "If it isn't our little friend Hiroshi. Let's pay him a visitor." He said. "Wow, and he is accompanied also. Another hooker, I suppose." Taichi said disgusted and he watched Hiroshi put his hands around the girl's waist. But then something else happened.

"That's no hooker or she would refuse a little hug like that one did." Yamato said. "Let's check it out." Taichi said and pulled over the car. They both got out and closed the car. Police cars were the major targets of robbery in the neighbourhood. They walked towards the couple and were able to hear their last few words.

Hiroshi suddenly shut up as he saw the two cops approaching. Sora acknowledged someone's presence and turned back. She would had almost jumped from her place, if it wasn't for fear of blowing up her cover. "Hey there officers." He said as Yamato and Taichi approached. They smirked. Taichi looked to the woman but he didn't recognize her. He noticed the detail of her gloves, but he thought it as usual since hookers wore gloves. "So, what're you doing, Hiroshi? Checking on the merchandise?" Taichi said looking at Sora. `Merchandise?! You bastard, I tell you who the merchandise is.´ she though furious but remained quite. Hiroshi kind of took the moment and walked towards her. He put his hands around her a little to low for Sora's taste but she made a note to kick his ass afterwards for that.

"Just wanting to have fun, officer. Know what I mean?" Hiroshi blinked to him. Yamato eyed the girl confused. She looked like someone he knew but he couldn't remember who. `I must be messing up with the criminal files.´ he thought. Sora just eyed, pleased with her cover, that even Yamato hadn't been able to discover.

"We've got our eyes on you, Hiroshi." Taichi said as he walked away. Yamato followed him and both guys entered the car and drove away. Sora waited for them to be away and slapped Hiroshi across his face. He looked to her amazed. "Don't dare touch me again." She said. "It was a hid. Did you want them to know we are dealing here?" he said and pushed her against the wall. `Shit, I blew it.´ she thought. "I'm sorry. I overreacted. You're right." She replied swallowing up her pride, a lot of pride. He released her and smiled. "Sure. I like though girls you know?" he said. Sora controlled once more her will to make him swallow his tongue.

"So, what's the deal about?" he asked her.

Sora arrived pretty late home that day. In fact, it was early because it was six a.m. but who cares? She stepped into the house and lied on the couch half dead. "I'm tired." She replied to no one. Then a smiled crossed her face. The night had went pretty well. She was amazed how easy it had been to fool Hiroshi. `I thought he had more careful to the people who he made deals with.´ she thought and for the first time in a long time, she released a pleasant laugh.

She turned on the couch and picked up the phone. She dialled Koushiro's number. After a few seconds there was a reply from the other side. "Koushiro speaking." "Hey, it's Sora." She replied. She heard a sigh and her face dropped down a bit. "Did you managed what I asked you?" she asked excited. "Yup." An even more excited Koushiro replied from the other side. "It was hard but I managed. Hack into the FBI isn't a piece of cake you know? You can consider yourself as Yori Katsumi, a professional homicide searched in fifty countries including the United States and Europe." "You're great. Thank Koushiro. I own you one." She said. "You sure own, and don't forget your promise." He said. Sora smirked. "Don't worry, I won't." she said and hung off the phone.

`Promise. I can't keep that promise.´ she though to herself and lied on the couch again.

Back to the police department a very sleepy Yamato stepped in closed followed by a very sleepy Taichi. "Man, I'm out of here." Yamato said as he walked into his office and started filling up some reports. "Did Dr. Takeru called?" Taichi asked a fat lady that was sat by his and Yamato´s office. Sora's and Yamato's before.

"No, Yagami he didn't phone but your sister did. She told something about having the pictures ready. Taichi looked to the elder woman. "Okay, thanks." He said and turned his attention to the papers he had to fill along with Yamato. He started filling them, but something caught his attention.

He peeked off his office to Koushiro's kind of electronic lab. He could hear him talking. "It was hard but I managed…" Taichi heard. He couldn't quite understand every single word but he kept spying on him. "You ca consider yourself as …, a professional… in fifty countries including the United States and Europe." He heard him said. Then he saw Koushiro hanging off the phone and staring at it for a while. He seemed to have got lost in thoughts. Then he came back to the world. He shook his head and headed off the office.

Taichi sat back on his chair to see Yamato watching him. He grinned. "What are you doing Taichi?" "Nothing really." Taichi replied. Yamato turned back to his computer where a bunch of files appeared of female criminals.