Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Fighter ❯ Chapter eight ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fighter

By Marie Darkholme

Eighth Chapter

Taichi slowly opened one eye and then another. His vision was still a little blurred and he couldn't quite see where he was. He tried to sit on the bed where he lied but he immediately felt a strong pain in the back of his head. He put his hand over it and felt a bump. "What the hell?!" he asked himself at loud as he backed off in his head to the last thing he remembered, and that was Sora standing up and then falling as a guy hit her, then all blacked out.

He watched his surroundings to almost immediately acknowledge he was in a hospital. He saw Yamato talking to a nurse in a corner of the room he was. "Hey, Yama." He called his friend. Yamato turned and a smile appeared across his face as he slowly walked to meet his injured friend.

"How are you feeling?" he asked as he picked a nearby chair and sat by Taichi's bed side. The brown haired watched quietly. "Where's Sora?" he asked. Yamato looked confusedly at him. "Sora?!" he replied. "What do you mean? Sora must be at work by now."

Taichi felt immediately sick as he heard Yamato's words. He didn't know Sora had been there. But where could she be. Just then he remembered something. He remembered he was…"I was arresting a guy…" he started. Yamato looked at him still confused. `Maybe they hit him a little too hard.´ he thought. "…and suddenly someone jumped on me and we both felt to the ground. I heard a scream and just then Sora stood up." Taichi continued. Yamato raised an eyebrow. "She had saved me, but she got injured. The bullet hit her on her shoulder. Then Hiroshi appeared on the picture. He kicked Sora's gun and the other guy hit her. She fell. I was trying to stand up and then…all blacked out." He finished, staring at the ceiling.

Yamato looked very worried by that moment. "You mean she was there?" Taichi nodded. "Men, then she was the other body. They must have taken cause she was no longer there when I arrived." He replied and immediately stood up. But then he seemed to remember something and came back. "Look, I don't know how or why, but your sister was there." Yamato replied. Taichi's face immediately contracted in panic. He tried to get up but his head hurt too much.

"Don't worry, she's okay, just upset, but maybe you should go talk to her. Maybe she knows something." Yamato replied as he left the room to inform his superiors that a police was missing.

On the next room a very upset Hikari tried not to cry on her fiancée's lap. Takeru had come almost immediately as Yamato had called him. Hikari was okay, she hadn't bruises or anything but she was psychologically shaken. He had tried to make her talk several times but she just kept holding him tightly and crying like a new born baby.

Taichi slowly peeked into the room and then entered. Takeru watched him and his eyes showed pure concern, pleading to Taichi to help him. Taichi approached his sister and took her in his arms. Hikari looked at him and embraced him strongly. "I was so afraid Taichi." She cried into his lap. Takeru took the moment and left, leaving the two siblings to talk alone.

Outside he saw Mimi, the psychologist. She had a very sick look on her face. He knew his brother was dating her so he went to talk with her. "Hey, your Mimi right?" he asked extending his hand. She shook it with a confused look as she nodded. "Yeah, and you're…?" she asked. Takeru shook himself mentally. `Of course she doesn't know who you are Takeru.´ "I'm Takashi, Takeru. Ishida, Yamato's brother." He presented himself.

Mimi watched him carefully and smiled. He really had many resemblances with Yamato. He had his blue eyes and his blond hair. `…and his manners as well.´ she thought to herself as she stood in front of the young man. But just then she started feeling sick again. She excused herself and left running to the bathroom where she started throwing up again for the third time that morning.

In Hikari's room, Taichi still held his sister in his arms as she cried now softly. "Come on sis. You're strong. It's over now. I'm here." He said as he rocked her back and forward like a baby. She finally stopped crying and looked at her brother. "I got so scared. I thought I would loose you. If it wasn't for Sora…?" She replied as she wiped her tears.

Sora's name lightened a flame on Taichi's heart again. He had to know if Hikari knew what had happened to Sora. He looked to her in her eyes. "Sora was there wasn't she? Do you know what happened to her? And what were you doing down there?" he asked.

Hikari allowed herself to let go off her brother and looked down. "I'll tell you. But promise you won't be mad at me." She said to him. He sat back on her bed and watched her carefully. If she was afraid he would get mad, then she must have been doing something wrong. He sighed. "Okay, but tell me."

The brown haired girl took a deep breath and started telling her brother what she had been doing in the past six weeks. He stared unbelievably at her. But Hikari couldn't care less now. She too was worried about the woman that had saved her brother's life and she would do anything to help her now. She still remembered her care about her when she found her in the dumpster.

"… then he grabbed her by her hair and tried to kiss her, but she kicked him in the balls. The other guy then hit her on the head and she went unconscious. They were about to kill you but Yamato appeared and they picked her and left you there." Hikari finished telling her story.

Taichi searched in the story for clues about the place where she could be. "You said you were filming?" he asked. Hikari only nodded. "Do you filmed that?" he asked anxiety in his voice. She nodded once more. "I have the tapes there." She said as she pointed to a pack on the floor where her camera lied. He kissed her forehead.

"We talk about the following after, your silly sis." He said as he picked the tapes and ran out the hospital.

Yamato walked off the room where he had been phoning Jyou about the last events. He looked around trying to find Mimi, but he couldn't see her anywhere. He wanted her too see his soon to be sister I law. He walked near Hikari's room and saw Takeru standing next the door.

"Takeru?" he called. The younger blond turned to see his brother. "Have you seen Mimi around?" Takeru nodded. "Yeah, she ran to the bathroom about fifteen minutes ago." He replied. Yamato immediately went to the girls' bathroom and knocked. He could hear a faint sound of someone throwing up. "Mimi, is that you?" he asked.

Suddenly the door opened and Yamato peeked in to see is girlfriend sitting on the floor with a very sick look. He ran to her and held her next to him. "Are you feeling okay?" he asked. Mimi shook her head. "No! I'm having morning sickness." She replied. Yamato eyed her confused as certain thoughts haunted his troubled mind at the moment.

Mimi turned to him and held his face in both her hands. "I think I'm pregnant." She told him. Yamato felt sick and sat against the wall by her side. "You can't." he replied. She nodded. "Yes I can." Yamato looked at her. "But… but we wore protection!" he said still astonished. The truth was that he didn't know what to say. He didn't know if he should be happy or no. He closed his eyes and rubbed his tempers.

In a typical abandoned warehouse, a drop fell into the face of a girl. Then another followed. The girl slowly opened one of her eyes and then the other, but she couldn't see very well. She blinked a few times as her eyes adjusted to the few light inside the room she was. She felt another water drop fall through her back. She tried to turn to one side, but she had a major pain in her shoulder.

She looked around her to quickly figure what had happened. She was in a dark room. The only light came from the doorway and it couldn't illuminate the all room. There were no windows or any other thing where light could get through. She felt a liquid run down her forehead and tried to reach it and she noticed her hands were bounded strongly. She sat on the bed she was and looked over to her shoulder.

The bleeding had stopped and they seemed to have put some kind of cloth wrapped around it but it still hurt. She then felt a strong pain on the back of her head an as she reached with both her hands she noticed a bump was there. She sighed as she tried to figure a way to get out of there.

Once again she looked around. Besides the bed in the corner of the room, there were only a few buckets catching some rain drops. She quite for a while trying to hear something but the only thing she could hear was the rain dropping above the warehouse. She looked at the bed. It was an old iron bed. She kicked it and managed for one of the tubs of the old bed to come out.

Sora quickly tried to cut the rope with it. Suddenly she heard a noise and a sudden burst of light entered the room. Then a light was lightened by the person that had just entered. Sora covered her eyes as the bright lights stroke her. She then heard footsteps coming in her direction. She uncovered her eyes and for absolute hate, Hiroshi was standing there.

He walked towards her and grabbed the tub throwing it away with a laugh. "Trying to escape already?" he smirked as he sat besides her. Sora immediately stood up and walked to the other side of the room. He stood up and made a disappointed sound with tongue. "Come on Sora. We've know each other for quite a long time now, don't we?" he said still in the same place.

Sora didn't look at him or replied. "Do you remember the first time we met?" he smirked taking a step closer. Sora backed up. "You almost caught me with my pants down, if you know what I mean?" he laughed. "That was an easy catch, you know? She came to me, asking for cocaine, but the poor girl had no money. I don't like to leave a distress lady, so I purposed her a deal." He told her as he came near and near. Sora kept baking off.

"She felt good with until the moment I started taking her clothes." He trailed off. "Well, then she got really upset and she wanted to give up, but as you see, I was already in the idea of fucking her, so… I couldn't really get my mind of it." Sora heard in silence. In her head she imagined herself cutting the guy in pieces, making him scream, making him suffer.

"She screamed in the first times, but then…well, I guess she was exhausted. After all, she had only sixteen and I was really hungry. She was a nice…" Hiroshi continued, but he couldn't say another word as Sora threw herself on him, trying to kill him. "You fucking bastard." She shouted angry. He pushed her off of him, sending her to the floor. He then walked to her and picked her by her hair. Sora tried to fight back, but that was kind of difficult as her hands were bounded and he pulled her to the wall.

She winced as he squeezed her with his body against the wall, making her shoulder hurt. "You're so easy to annoy. You should get temper management." He replied as he pulled her hair, making her leave her neck exposed. He smelled it and looked into her eyes. He was inched from her. "I have a business to purpose you too." He replied. Sora eyed him carefully wondering the kind of dirty deal he wanted.

"It's like this: I don't let my buddies kill you, but you stay with me forever." He replied. Sora spit on his face, but he managed to avoid it. "I'd rather die than be your horn." She replied. He smiled. "That's kind of funny you know. I could have you right here right now if I wanted to." He replied. As he did he leaned forward and forced his mouth on hers. Sora bit his lips making him take a step backwards.

Hiroshi sighed annoyed and slapped her with all his strength, making her fall to the ground. She winced in pain as she met the hard floor with her injured shoulder. A thread of blood started to run down the corner of her mouth. "You die today, bitch." He said as he walked to her again. He pulled her hair and forced his lips against hers once more, but this time, she was just too stunned to fight back and she didn't have the strength to fight him as he forced his tongue into her mouth.

He smirked as he pulled apart and stared at her lying on the floor still stunned then he left the room. Sora managed to turn on her back, but she had no strengths to do anything else and her eyes closed quickly.

The police department was reunited in the common room to know news about Sora. Taichi and Yamato had found Koushiro and he told them he knew about a way to find Sora. Suddenly Jyou entered in the room. The circle that surrounded the guys opened for the chief. "Ishida, Yagami and Izumi in my office right now." He demanded. Then he left to his office.

Yamato and Taichi along with Koushiro changed confused looks and started heading towards the office. Jyou was sitting behind his desk like always. He motioned them to close the curtains and so they did. Jyou stood up. "What news we have on her?" the elder asked. He should be about ten years older than the presents since Taichi and Yamato were both twenty six and Koushiro was only a year younger. Jyou seemed to have about thirty seven or eight but his features would point to forty. He was a strong man though his appearance seemed weak and degraded by the years.

Taichi eyed him curiously wondering what type of relationship Jyou might have with Sora, but the fact was that he often treated her like she was his own daughter. Sora was twenty four years and was heading to for twenty five. In fact there would only be some months till her birthday.

Koushiro cleared his throat and prepared to speak. "We can know her location because she has a location devise with her. She asked me about three weeks ago to give to her while she worked undercover." Koushiro said. Jyou only nodded and headed out of his office. "Let's talk to the tactic room." He said as he walked off. The three followed him.

They were all sitting around a big square table. The lights were off and they were watching the images from Hikari's filming. Koushiro, meanwhile, was given some useful information that he along with Sora and now Hikari's film had managed to join. "We think he might have a deal with a terrorist. He was in the room when Sora entered as you might see." He said pointing to the screen were a imaged of a guy with his head covered with a scarf and wearing a tunic was. "This is Abu Saliz. He is the head of one of the most deathly societies in the Arabian territory." He continued.

The room was listening very carefully what Koushiro was saying. "This guy is not easy to catch and he won't be fooled by us. The moment he thinks he's in danger he disappears." Taichi tapped his foot impatiently. He was waiting for Jyou to give them green light to catch the bad guys and save Sora. He didn't know what they were going to do with her and besides she was injured. They would probably kill her and they were chatting around.

Taichi stood up and interrupted Koushiro. "I'm sorry, but we seem to have missed the point. Sora…I mean, officer Takenouchi is being held by them and she's probably walking to her death right now. What measures can we take?" he asked a little annoyed. Jyou watched Taichi carefully for a few seconds trying to figure the reason he was so worried, but it was kind of obvious. Deep inside he had pity from him, because he was certain that Sora would break his young heart, but in another perspective, maybe this was the one guy to her. Maybe he could break her icy heart.

He shook away those thoughts and got back to the reality they were living there right now. He was right, if they didn't take measures quickly, his beloved "adopted" daughter could be killed. "I think officer Yagami has a point." Jyou replied. "Do we have enough proves to lock up Kenshi and Hiroshi?" he asked. Koushiro looked to both Yamato and Taichi.

"We can have him arrested for kidnapping, drug dealing, weapon's traffic and attempt of murder, aggravating the fact he tried to resist arresting and tried to murder two cops." He said. Jyou looked to the trio and nodded. "You have orders to save officer Takenouchi and arrest Kenshi and Hiroshi along with any other that cross your way." He replied. "Now go, hurry."

Taichi and Yamato both stood up and ran out the door. Koushiro picked his tracing device and followed the two rushed men. Taichi entered his Subaru. "Koushiro lead the way." He said as the red headed guy entered the back of the car and put on the sit belt. Then he just pushed on the accelerator. The car winced and left a smoke cloud behind as Taichi drove off.

Hikari sat quietly on her bed. She thought about the things that had happened, but more important than that, she thought about Sora's sudden burst of kindness. The girl didn't want the younger to get hurt and was willing to sacrifice herself to save her brother. She knew for experience, that if Sora was as cold hearted as people thought she was she would never risk her life to save Taichi's.

"Maybe she does cares about him." She thought at loud. Maybe Sora did care about her brother. A smile spread along her face, knowing Taichi would be very happy to know that, but then the feeling that something was wrong shook her out of her happy thoughts. She remembered the older woman being beat up like she was nothing and the scream she let out as the bullet destined to her brother hit her in the shoulder. She remembered the two men taking her away and she worried. She was worried that she might never seen the girl again, cause she might be death by now. And deep inside, though she didn't want to believe it, something told her that she was very close to death.

Takeru suddenly entered the room carrying a board. Hikari smiled at her fiancée. "You're so sweet." She replied as he sat at her side. She glanced over to the board. In it, a cup of orange juice, her favourite, toasts and chocolate cake seemed to smile to her. "I can't believe you did this by yourself." She replied placing a kiss on his hand that slowly put the board on her lap. "It looks wonderful. But you know, you don't need to spoil me like this. I'm okay now." She said.

He shook his head and placed his head on hers. "You're my girl and I'll do anything to see you well." He replied. "Now eat up. I made the cake myself. I know it's your favourite." He said. Hikari smiled one truth caring and lovely smile that she had only for him, not for her brother, but for him only. She just loved him too much.

Taichi drove madly in the high way in the direction of the sign. Fortunately for them, Hiroshi and his goons had never thought that Sora's clothes could have a tracking device. They were approaching the river that was outside the city. The rain had started again. The car slid on the wet floor, but being a native driver Taichi managed to control it better than anyone else in the car. Koushiro though looked very frightened every time the car seemed to flee from Taichi's control.

The mind of the brown haired though, was very far from the driving or the place where he was. In his mind he tried to create a mental bond between he and Sora as he told her to hang on, because he was on his way to save her. He was trying hard not to think about the things they could be doing to her. He drove under Koushiro's orders as the red headed guy watched carefully the sign. Suddenly it stopped. "The sign stopped." He replied.

Yamato looked over to him. "What do you mean it stopped?" the blond asked. "It stopped by the edge of the river." He said. "But…wait, it's moving again. They are in the water." "The water?!" the blond shouted. "Oh, my god. They're going to drown her." He yelled as he got to the one possible conclusion they could get. Taichi pushed the accelerator harder as his thought only raced to the mind of the crimson eyed girl. `Hang on Sora.´

Sora slowly opened her eyes. There was light this time. Lots of it. She turned and looked around her. She quickly discovered she was in a boat as she heard the motor and felt the balance of the boat from one side to the other. She was on the ground, tied with her hands behind her back around the mast in the middle of the boat. Suddenly the rain started dropping again.

The light brown haired girl panicked as she thought about what they were going to with her, but she kept her hope that somehow she would get away from there. She waited for what it seemed hours thought it were only fifteen minutes. Then Hiroshi walked off the command cabin and over to her. He kneeled in front of her. "You can still change your mind." He said as he raised her chin with his thumb. Sora smirked and spit on his face. She watched in delight as the spit run down the man's face. She might be tied up but he would never submit her.

Hiroshi picked a scarf from his pocket and cleaned the spit. Then he turned over to her again. He looked into her eyed and pressed her throat making her stand up against the mast. His hand pressed her neck stronger and stronger and Sora started feeling the air failing her as he blocked her channel. She turned red from the lost of air as she desperately tried to breath. Hiroshi smirked and pressed his lips against hers. Then he hit her on the face, making another badly wound on her face that started bleeding.

Sora didn't felt to the ground because she was tied and simply sat back down on the same spot as she coughed trying to get air on her lungs. Suddenly the boat stopped. In that moment, Sora's heart just seemed to stop beating.

Taichi pulled over next to Hiroshi's car. Unfortunately, there were some off Hiroshi's guys around and Kenshi was there too. Kenshi eyed Taichi, his long hated enemy. "Hey Taichi, long time, no talk." He replied as he approached. Taichi looked from the river to him and then to the river again. `I really don't have time for this now.´ he thought to himself. Yamato and Koushiro already had their guns ready to strike. He looked over to his friends and then picked his gun quicker than a thunder and hit Kenshi.

"Call reinforcements and an ambulance." He replied as the other guy felt to the floor injured in his leg. He motioned to pick his gun but Yamato stopped him. "Stay still or the next one will be pointed to your head." He replied. He looked over to the other guys. They all had been caught out of guard and didn't had time to pick their guns. "Everybody to the ground with your hands behind your back." He ordered.

Taichi looked over to the river and saw a boat in the middle of both shores. He glanced around him searching for a boat. He ran to a place where a guy prepared his motor boat to sail. Yamato could only see him as he was already on the boat heading to the boat in the middle of the river. Koushiro had picked up his walkie-talkie and had already followed Taichi's orders.

Hiroshi walked to her again. He kneeled besides her and untied her hands from the mast but then tied them again in her back. He made her get up and pushed her to the edge of the boat. Sora glanced over to the clean waters. `I'm going to die.´ she thought. Suddenly she heard a shot from a distance. Her heart bumped frightened.

Hiroshi heard it too and went over to the other side of the boat to watch what was going on. He sighed as he saw a brown haired guy, along with a blond and a red headed on the shore. He quickly went back to her with a rope on his hands. Sora looked to it and then to the anchor at her feet. Acknowledging her faith, she started struggling with Hiroshi as he tried to grab her feet. He finally decided the best way to get along with it was hit her again and so he did.

This time Sora fell to the floor. Her head hurt her, her shoulder was killing her and her face was made up like a cake. She didn't have enough strength to get up again and she only sat and leaned against the side of the boat. Her vision was getting blur. Then she felt the cold water entering in contact with her skin. She struggled trying to get loose from the rope that was holding her to the anchor.

Taichi pulled over against the bigger boat and climbed on. He heard a splash and ran towards the place. He there faced Hiroshi. This one was a little surprised to see him there but he quickly recovered. "So, you came to seal your life debt?" he smirked evilly. "I'm afraid you're too late, because Sora is already down there with the fishes."

The brown haired guy picked his gun but Hiroshi kicked it off and it felt to the water. It was a hand to hand combat. For a few moments they just studied each other, but Taichi was in hurry and he attacked first. He tried to hit Hiroshi on the stomach but he failed as the dark haired avoided him and struck him in the face. Taichi took two steps back and went to charge again.

Hiroshi smiled and picked up a knife. "I think you're going down there too. To make her company." He teased as he held the knife. He stepped forward and tried to hit Taichi with the knife, but Taichi slid to his right side and grabbed Hiroshi's hand making him release the knife. Then he used the same trick Sora used on him the first time they met and used his body to project Hiroshi to the ground. Unfortunately for Hiroshi, he hit with his head and felt unconscious to the ground.

Underwater, Sora fought for her life. She tried once more to get her hands down to the rope that tied her to the anchor to release herself but she couldn't. She could feel her heart beating faster and faster trying to bomb inexistent oxygen to her cells. Her lungs claiming for air and her brain blowing with the lack of oxygen. Her vision got blurred again as the pain fought to keep her alert. She opened her mouth in the longing for air and a bunch of water got in her. She started to agony and conscious left her rather quickly.

Taichi searched in the surface of the river for a sign of Sora. He knew she was down there. Then a couple of air bubbles came to the surface. He immediately dived in search for her. The river wasn't very deep but with the recent rains it should have about seven metres deep. He swan deeper and deeper and saw a small figure. He rushed there and grabbed Sora's body in his arms.

He quickly untied her from the anchor and swam to the surface. He gasped for air and pulled Sora's body to the smaller boat he had brought. He lied her on the floor and untied her hands. He searched for her pulse, but with her gloves he couldn't feel anything so he quickly took them off. He gasped as he saw her hands, but he quickly returned to more important business.

He couldn't feel her pulse and she wasn't breathing either so he started doing CPR on her. Meanwhile another boat stopped by his side. Yamato climbed up to Taichi's boat. He started at his blank friend lying on the ground. He didn't ask questions as he saw Taichi giving her CPR. He quickly went to the steering wheel and drove the boat to the shore.

Taichi kept doing her CPR, but she wasn't responding. `Come one Sora.´ he thought and breath in her. `Don't give up.´ he gave her heart massage. `I love you. Don't do this to me.´ but still there was no response. Yamato pulled the boat over to the shore and called off the paramedics. They quickly came over and put her on the stretcher. "We take care of her from here." One of the paramedics said to him as she pulled him over so she could put Sora an oxygen mask.

They picked her and took her to the ambulance. Taichi followed them and entered the ambulance as well. "Sir, you should stay here and wait for the other ambulance." A female said to him. "You need to get those injuries treated." Taichi shook his head. "No, I'm coming with her." He motioned to Sora's direction. The woman sighed and let him in. Yamato and Koushiro along with some other policemen that were arresting the gang watched as the ambulance drove away.

Yamato looked over to Koushiro and saw him crying. He felt his own tears coming but he held them back. He placed a comfort arm around his friend's shoulder. "Don't worry. She'll survive." He said and headed for Taichi's car. "You guys take care from now on. I'm heading to the hospital." He said as he rushed in. Koushiro followed him.

In the ambulance, the paramedics fought against the death of their patient. They torn her wet clothes and cleaned her bare chest as they took off her other clothes covering her with the stretched sheets. "Clear." On of them shouted as he rubbed two pieces of the electric shock device. He put them over Sora's chest and her body bumped. "Still nothing." The woman said as she watched over the monitor. "Again. Up to three hundred and sixteen." The male paramedic said. "Clear." Once again Sora' body bumped.

Taichi watched in pure panic as he heart monitor kept a straight line. `Fight, you're a fighter, fight.´ he demanded her mentally. Suddenly the monitor started beeping. The paramedics looked surprised to each other and then started to take care of Sora again. She was still breathing through an oxygen bomb but at least now she was alive.

He watched them as they looked for other injuries and started to clean her wounded face. His attention turned once more to her hands. He could clearly said that that scars were deep ones. Was that she didn't want anyone to see? He glanced over to the paramedics as one of hem picked her hand. He raised an eyebrow.

"These are old scars." He said, talking to the female. "Maybe glass, don't you think?" the other nodded in agreement. She pulled Sora's quite form, so she could see if her head was injured. She gasped in shock. "Oh, my God."

The male paramedic went to his partner side to see what she was seeing and he too gasped.

In Taichi's car, Yamato drove behind the ambulance. He crossed his fingers for Sora to live. Meanwhile, Koushiro was trying to reach Daisuke with his mobile phone. "Hi, Daisuke here. I'm not available right now, but if you wish you might leave a message after the sign." Koushiro hang up the phone and sighed.

Yamato watched him. `Who is he trying to contact?´ he asked himself. He knew Koushiro and Sora had a special relationship, Taichi had told him, but did Sora had any other friend that they didn't know about. He then remembered to phone Mimi. He picked his phone and dialled her number.

"Mimi?!" he asked into the phone. "Yeah." "Where are you?" Yamato sighed as he looked to the other sit to Koushiro. "I'm at the hospital. I have news for you." She said. "Look, we're going down there now. We found Sora but they tried to drawn her, I don't know how she is." He replied. Mimi gasped from the other side. "Oh my, I hope she's okay. How's Taichi?" she asked, knowing about her friend's crush on Sora. "I really don't know, because he went in the ambulance with her." Yamato replied. "Okay, then I see you when you arrive." She said. And then both of them hang up.

Yamato looked extremely worried about something and Koushiro wasn't quite sure, if it was only about Sora. Something deep inside him told him, that Yamato had something else to worry about. He smirked as he imagined the one thing that he could be worried that had to do with him, Mimi and a hospital.

In Sora's house, the sound of her phone rang through the empty apartment, making an echo. Then, as no one was home to pick it up, the messages' recorder turned on. "I'm not home right now, but you can live a message." Her cold voice sounded in the house like a ghost haunting it. The a beep was heard. "Hello Sor. It's me. I hope you've been well through this… what eight years?" the voice from the other side talked in a sensual but still evilly tone. "I'll phone you later. Chiau baby." Then the beep was heard again. In the recording machine a green light was blinking. The light of one new message.