Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Fighter ❯ Fighter (chapter seven) ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fighter

By Marie Darkholme

Seventh Chapter

The crimson eyed sat at her computer. The only sound that could be heard was the sound of the keys as she pushed them and the click of the mouse. She glanced over to her watch. Almost two in the morning. She continued searching through the document. Her eyes were visibly tired as she remained glued to the screen. She pushed the keys as faster as she could in anxiety.

"Crap!" she took the disk and slammed against the nearest wall. "Shit. Six fucking weeks and still nothing." She shouted into nowhere. She turned off the computer and rubbed her eyes trying to keep them from hurting her. She was in the edge of crying, not for the failure that her plan was being but for how tired she was.

She had come back to action three weeks ago, but still, she kept her investigation to Hiroshi. She was a double person. At night her name was Yori Katsumi and she walked in the suburbs with the gangs of Kyoto while in the day she was Sora Takenouchi and patrolled the streets alone.

Yamato and Taichi still had the night watch and so she had to take the day watch and since no guy wanted to work with her she worked alone. Koushiro had volunteered himself to help her, but Jyou preferred that she was alone. He said he needed Koushiro in the department.

Because of assuming her double identity she was now tired then ever. She hadn't any time to sleep at all and the holes under her eyes were growing. Fortunately with a little makeup, no one could say she had that kind of problem, and she really couldn't afford to let the crooks find out about her double life, or make like, her spy life.

She leaned against the chair and yawned. She needed to sleep but she just couldn't. The nightmares were getting worse by the day, as Taichi and Yamato kept pressing her to go and talk with Mimi. And now even Jyou seemed to be pressing her. And if that wasn't the worse part of it, she had now a chaser as Hikari had continuously kept following her. Fortunately she always managed to escape from her, but it was getting harder everyday and the damn reporter was as stubborn as her brother.

Her brother. Sora couldn't still stop thinking about him. There was just something in his eyes that was different from most of the men. She could see he was different but how he was different she didn't want to found out. She remained closed with him, ignoring his attempts to get close to her or even make friendship. She just wanted him as far as she could get.

She searched for the disk in the floor and piled it along with the others she had already. "Crap!" she said as she saw how many disks she had. She could almost make a movie of all the bank transfer, schedule and other stuffs of Hiroshi, but that wasn't what she wanted. Of course, being a drug dealer, and washing money was a crime, but he would easily get out with a payment. She wanted to catch him for murder, kidnapping, and weapon's traffic, something that could really get him in jail for life.

She allowed herself to fall into the couch, completely driven by her fatigue. And it didn't take her long to fall asleep. It was a cold night outside and the wind whispered violently, shaking the trees.

Taichi and Yamato put their jackets more close to them as they entered a small building. There were graffiti everywhere and though they weren't even half their way to where they had been called they could already hear the screams. It was a typical case of attempt of murder under drug effect.

They quickened their pace as they climbed the stairs that led to the fourth floor. The screams got louder and louder. They were clearly from a woman. But they could also hear the cries of a apparently very disturbed teen. They stepped quickly into the house with their guns on their hands.

"This is the Kyoto police." Taichi shouted. "Come out with your hands on the air." There were several sounds but none of them could be understood. Taichi motioned Yamato to stay and he stepped in with his gun down. "Where here to help." He said quietly as he tried to get close to the aggressor. The victim was a young woman about twenty, twenty one with black curly hair and brown eyes. She had minor injuries in her leg that was bleeding but she was able to walk.

The aggressor was a man about eighteen years old. He was in possession of a gun and was under the clear effects of drugs. He pointed the gun to Taichi. "Who are you? Get out of my house!" the boy shouted still holding the gun to Taichi. He tried to approach but the boy shot into the air as sign he wasn't joking, so he backed off again. Meanwhile the girl had managed to stood up and was now leaning against the door to her room.

Taichi looked behind him to get a look at Yamato's position that was behind him at his left side. He motioned him with hands signs against his back. "What's your name?" Taichi asked the boy. He turned his attention to Taichi again and approached still with his gun on his hand. "What do you care what my name is?" the boy shouted.

Unfortunately for him, he had got too close and Taichi quickly grabbed his arm. The boy shot the gun, but Taichi had already got out of the way. He twisted the boy's arm around his back so he would drop the gun and so he did. Yamato picked the gun and handed Taichi the handcuffs with which Taichi handcuffed the boy. Yamato walked over to the girl.

"Are you okay?" he asked, but before he could say anything else the girl jumped to his arms and started kissing him on his cheek. "Oh, thank you, thank you…I'm so grateful for your help." She replied. Yamato got rid of the girl and Taichi started laughing as he took the boy down with him. He locked him up in the back sit of the patrol car and drove back to the police station as Yamato entered after getting rid of the girl and had called an ambulance.

Sora turned on the couch to one side and then to the other. The screams in her head were getting louder and louder as she approached the door of her old room. She was sweating. Suddenly her hands started burning and she noticed she was bleeding. Then the phone rang awaking her from another nightmare. She turned and picked the phone.

"Hello?!" she mumbled into the receiver. "Hey Sor. It's Koushiro." Koushiro replied from the other side of the line. "Did you found out something?" she asked him. He nodded and then replied yes to her. "Yeah and it might be big." He said as he took a more comfortable position in his seat. "Remember that guy you saw with him last week?" he continued. Sora mumbled. "Well, I checked his information and I discovered that our boy might be after a bigger stunt than just drugs, cause the guy I just spoke with said that the man with Hiroshi were Honk Kong terrorists. I have more information, but I would prefer to tell in first person." He replied.

Sora sat back on the couch. She glared at her watch. She had barely slept more than two hours, but two hours was all her brain needed though her body asked for more. "Yeah, I understand. I'll be right there." She replied with a yawn. "Wait Sora. You can still sleep for a few more hours. This information ain't going anywhere." Koushiro said as he heard his friend's tired voice.

"No, no, don't worry. I'll be there in a half hour. Let me just take a bath." She said. Koushiro was preparing to say something more but his words were cut in the middle as he heard the dial sound on the line. He hanged down the phone and put his elbows over his desk. He too was tired, but Sora was taking more chances than him by doing that. He just couldn't let her get hurt. He had promised it.

----Flashback----

Koushiro sighed as he stood outside a cafeteria, or more like a bar, but it didn't matter because he wasn't there to take drink. He took his hands off of his pockets. He was wearing a pair of brown pants with a plover and a coat over it. A short reddish coat.

He entered the bar and sat at the counter. It didn't take him long to recognize his old friend, Daisuke serving at one of the tables where early customers asked for early drinks. Daisuke saw him too. He got behind the counter and went to talk with a short old man that was serving some drinks. The old man smiled an Daisuke took off his working outfit that consisted in an apron, a black apron with the logotype of the bar in the right bottom corner of it.

He walked over to Koushiro and greeted him with a male handshake, then they both headed outside.

"You know…" Daisuke started as they walked through the park. "… we haven't talked for a while, but you're still on of my buddies." He replied hitting Koushiro playfully in the back. "I just… never had the guts to go talk to you after you left out house, you know? I'm really sorry for that, Koushiro." Daisuke continued. Koushiro stopped as he looked astonished to his friend. He had never though in his entire life that Daisuke might someday apologize to him.

"That's the pass now, men." He said as he too hit him on his back. "I think I … I was just childish." Daisuke looked over to his friend. He had completely forgotten how understandable Koushiro could be. He smiled at him. "Well, I'm glad that's all set up then… I'm just sorry we had to get to this situation." Daisuke replied lowering his head as he thought how ridiculous he had been about the apologise thing.

"Me too. So friends?" Koushiro said. Daisuke stopped and looked at him. "Yeah, sure." The two men shook their hands and started laughing. In less then two minutes, the tension that had been built between the two since almost three years disappeared. Right now, they were just two long time friends that hadn't seen each other for the longest time.

Eventually the chat led to their common friend, Sora Takenouchi, the girl that was tougher than a thunder, colder than ice and stone hearted. At least apparently because both of them knew the other Sora. The one that loved her two friends more than her life. The one that was comprehensive and loving. The one that had a heart full of love that she wanted to share.

"That's the reason why I called you here today." Daisuke said as they sat under a tree in the park. Though the grass was wet, none of them seemed to mind about it as they sat there. "I…I know you and her… I mean, she doesn't…" Daisuke started, tension rising in him again. Koushiro smiled as he saw his friend embarrassed. "You can say it, she doesn't trust me her deeper secrets. She trusts more in you, I know." He replied.

Daisuke nodded feeling a little guilty about that, but Koushiro simply shove it away. "No, it's the truth. And I can understand the reason." "You can?!" Daisuke surprised said. "Yeah, I mean. She only got to know me when we were in school and she has known you for her entire life. Of course she would trust you more." He said.

Both their gazes were turned to the skies as the thought about a distant past. "Sure, we were a trio, and we had a good friendship but in all bad times she would always ran to you. Figures, I still don't know what happened to her hands, but I'm not stupid and I know her father hit her, and I know something happened with that boyfriend she had." He said. Daisuke could almost feel the sorrow in his words and he couldn't help but to feel guilty.

"But don't worry; I don't blame you or her. I mean, she always trusts in me, she just doesn't feel comfortable telling me those kinds of things. Besides I can be by her side and like I said, we have a friendship she hasn't with anyone else besides you, so I'm happy with that." He finished and he looked to Daisuke.

"I'm sorry man." Daisuke said placing a hand on his shoulder. "So what was this call about?" Koushiro changed the subject. "Oh! Well about that. I need you to watch Sora more closely and be there for her anytime she needs. Don't wait for her to come to you, because she won't, go to her. Please you have to promise me, you won't let her get hurt." Daisuke pleaded. Koushiro eyed him surprised by his reply.

"Yeah, I mean I promise but why are you saying this now?" he asked confused. Daisuke stared at the clouds. "I've finally be gave wings to fly." He replied half dreaming. Koushiro remembered that look of him. He remembered it from a spring day under a tree after a soccer match between them and Sora. "You mean…?" he asked. Daisuke gave him the affirmative sign.

"That's great man. You're finally going to accomplish your dream." He smiled happily, but his smiled faded suddenly as he realised the dark compensation of Daisuke's accomplishment. "Have you told Sora?" Daisuke shook his head. "No, I know she'll be happy for me, but I know she's going to need someone for her now, and I kind of feel guilty that I can't be here. You understand me don't you?" Daisuke looked at Koushiro hope filling his pleading eyes.

"Yeah, I understand. After all it is your dream. When do you leave?" he asked. "Next week." The answer seemed to be hanged in the silence that felt between the two of them in the next few minutes. But though the silence wasn't a bad and suffocating silence it hurt them, as they knew it would hurt Sora when she knew.

But as always she put up her façade and pretended everything was okay. It was completely obvious how happy she was that Daisuke finally was accomplishing his dream, but it hurt her to see him leave to the United States. Koushiro could see it through her eyes.

----End Of Flashback----

In fact there were now a lot of things he could see just by looking at her eyes. It was like somehow the ability Daisuke had to read them two between the lines had passed to him and he could understand Sora's feelings even when she didn't. And the most immediate fact was that she was helplessly in love.

Taichi walked in the police station with the young delinquent in his hands. The boy had eventually calmed down and wasn't trying to resist him as he was in the beginning. Taichi looked at him with a mix of pity and anger. He wondered what kind of things did that boy went through that made him chose drugs as the way out.

He handed over the boy to another cop that started filling a formulary with him, while Taichi and Yamato went to fill their own documents. They looked to the hours. They would eventually had to leave again since there were still a few hours to the end of their shift.

Taichi sat over his desk with a cup of coffee in his hands when suddenly he saw a brown haired girl appearing in the police station. He immediately recognized Sora and went after her but too late since she locked herself in Koushiro's office with him. They closed the windows so no one could peek on what they were doing, and this got Taichi a little annoyed.

He picked a chair that was nearby and sat at the door. He was determined to talk to her again. They had had many talks lately, based on Sora sending Taichi for a walk and to leave her alone, but still, he wasn't a man to give up on what he wanted so easily and so he kept trying.

Sora yawned as she entered Koushiro's. He watched her concerned. "Are you getting enough sleep?" he asked, but before she could even reply he kept going. "You know, you become a danger even to yourself if you don't get enough sleep. Imagine you go meet …" "Easy Koushiro, easy. I can take care of myself." She said and smiled her perfect smile that no one besides her two friends knew.

"So what do you have for me?" she said as she went to his side to peek into the computer. "Remember Kenshi Yamamoto?" Koushiro asked her as a picture of the so called assassin appeared in the screen. Sora gasped. "No, I can't believe I was this closest to that guy and couldn't arrest him." She replied. "Yeah, too bad, but there's more. I think this time we're no talking about a drug business, cause this guy in here…" Koushiro continued as another image popped into the computer. "…is no drug dealer. He is a terrorist in Honk Kong and the secret police is searching for him. I think our mutual friend Hiroshi is up to major business in weapon's traffic. And that's why he needs a expert person as Kenshi and yourself as well."

Sora shook her head still not believing she had had so close to the guy and still hadn't the minus chance of getting him. She sat back in the chair in front of Koushiro's desk. He watched her. That undercover work was getting to damn dangerous and she knew it, but still he knew she wouldn't stop, but without the actually protection and knowledge of the police department she could get herself in troubles.

"Look Sora, I think that it might be for the best if you backed up now. We spread the new that you're arrested or something and…" Koushiro started but she shook her head. "No way, that would completely be out of question. No more than ever I must continue." She said as stubborn as ever.

Koushiro didn't found more arguments against it. "Sora, please be careful. You own me that and to Daisuke as well." He replied. Sora gave him a reassurance smile, that didn't reassure him of nothing except how stubborn she could be and left the room.

Outside Taichi immediately grabbed her and pulled her with him. He opened the door of one of the offices, or at least he thought so, but they accidentally ended up in a closet were the cleaning material was. Sora was about to protest but Taichi put a hand over her mouth. She tried to punch him in the stomach but too late because he was already too close to her.

He pressed her body against the wall with his. "Promise you won't yell?" he asked her. She simply nodded, thinking how stupid he could really be to believe her. "Okay, I'll let you go, but first I need to talk to you." He said. Sora thought for a while. `Talk?! Doesn't this guy ever give up?´

Taichi stared at her in her eyes and slowly let his hand slip from covering her mouth. "What is your idea?" she asked half whispering, half yelling. "You just didn't give me another option. Every time I try to talk to you, you simply run away." "Who said I was running?" she said crossing her arms in front of her chest and not looking at him.

"Oh, c'mon Sora. You're always running from something. By the way, why don't you take off your gloves? What do you have to hide?" he replied. Sora glared at him, but she simply couldn't put up a convinced annoyed face as she melt every time she looked into his eyes. `I can't believe you Sora. You can't fall for him.´ she demanded herself.

"See, you're always running from something." He said as he tried not to get carried by the moment and the position in which they were. He didn't want to get caught in her eyes like last time and make that sudden move again, but he found that extremely hard as all he wanted was to kiss her and who knows what else.

"Look, I wanted to apologize for that day, you see." He blushed intensely. Sora immediately knew what he was talking about and blushed too, but Taichi didn't saw that as he had looked to the other side. "It's okay, now, I really would like to spend more time with you the closet but I have things to do." She replied as she prepared herself to leave, but he managed to grab her again.

Sora sighed. "Please Sora. I don't know what happened when you were younger but I promise you I won't be like that. Give me a chance." Taichi said. She could see the pleading in her eyes and her heart really wanted to give him the chance, to give her the chance to trust and love again, but her mind didn't, and in Sora, the mind was stronger than the heart.

"Taichi…just… forget about me, okay?" she asked him as she looked away. Taichi could feel the unsure ness in her voice and in that moment he could feel that she loved him, but she was fighting that feeling. He pulled her next to him, holding her in his arms. Sora didn't fight, she wanted to, but she didn't as he carried her into a kiss. His lips were inches from hers, but she had already entered in nightmares.

"Please don't… don't touch me…stop, please." She pleaded as her eyes filled with tears. She couldn't stand it anymore. The pain of the memories was still more than she could stand. Taichi stopped as he looked into her eyes, to see her crying. He immediately let go, regretting what he was about to do.

"Sora… are you… look I'm sorry. Please don't cry." He pleaded and wiped her tears. Sora grabbed his hand and looked into his eyes. "I can't, you don't understand. You'll hurt me sooner or later." She said and walked off, leaving Taichi in the closet.

As Sora walked down town to her neighbourhood, her cell phone rang. She picked it as she yawned. "Hello?" she asked. Her face immediately contracted as she heard the voice from the other side. She let the phone fall to the ground in shock, but she quickly regained the strength to pick it back up and dialled it off.

Then she continued walking down as nothing had ever happened.

Hikari awoke in the middle of the night. She looked besides her to see her love still asleep, then she looked over to her watch. Almost six in the morning. She soon would have to awake. She yawned. Following Sora was definitely tiring since she always ended up losing her track. But today no. Today she would know exactly were Sora goes dressed up like a thief or something with those eye lenses and that fake hair.

She stared the ceiling, thinking about it. `Could Sora be working for bandits? Nah, she wouldn't do that. Maybe I should tell my brother? But then again, he would straight forbid me to follow her.´ she thought. She turned on her bed to try and get a little more sleep.

Suddenly she felt an arm around her body. She smiled and pretended she was asleep. Takeru kissed her neck softly as he pulled her closer to him. She could feel his cold body against hers and she shivered, but she continued to pretend she was asleep as she curled more in his arms.

"Hikari…!" Takeru called in a warm nice voice. "Are you awake?" she didn't replied, but then he smirked and started tickling her. "I know you're awake." He laughed. Hikari broke in laugh as well as he tickled her in the most sensitive zones. He knew everything about her. He knew were to touch in the right moments, what to say in the right moments, what to do. He was her angel fallen from heaven.

"Okay, okay. I'm awake." She giggled as she turned to meet his eyes staring at her. She smiled at how beautiful they were and they were only hers and no one else. That smiled, that light was only directed to her. "Have I ever told you how beautiful your eyes are?" she replied caressing his face. Takeru smiled.

"Every morning, but I still like to hear it, coming from such a lovely girl like my fiancée." He said. Hikari blushed as she always did when someone made her a complement. She kissed him in his lips and stood up. Takeru watched her. She had a beautiful body. She wasn't skeletal like some models, but wasn't fat either. She had all the right curves on the right places. But more than her body, he loved her personality, the way she walked, even the way she dressed. She was always so careful with all her movements that sometimes it looked like she was dancing when she dressed. And as she walked she gave small steps and it was like she was floating. She was graceful as a swan.

"Where do you go every morning?" he asked. Hikari smiled. "I go after my big story, but she always manages to loose me." She replied. Takeru watched her interested. "Her? You're following someone?" Hikari blinked to him. "I'll tell you if you promise not to tell my brother or yours either?" she said as she walked to the bed again and put her elbow on it looking straight into his eyes.

Takeru sighed. "Okay." "Well, then I'm following Sora Takenouchi. I know almost her everyday routine." Takeru was wide eyes. "I follow her since she goes out of her apartment. First she goes jogging, then on the days she has work, that are all except Saturday and Sunday, at nine o'clock, she enters the police department and goes do her watch. At four she's replaced. Now is when it changes. Sometimes she goes directly somewhere that I still didn't find where it is, since she sees me and looses me." Takeru was now completely confused. Hikari sighed. "Anyway, I'm following her because when she goes there, she changes, she dresses all black and puts on a fake crimson hair. And she also wears eye lenses to change her eye colour to blue. I think she's up to something so I have been following her." She finished.

Takeru eyed her still a bit confused. "But what about the newspaper?" he replied. "Oh, don't worry, I ask them to this particular job and they accepted as long as still managed to take care of the photos arrangement." She smiled. Takeru still wasn't much convinced. "Isn't dangerous to be following Sora? I mean she has an historical in violence against guys. Who knows, maybe she goes kick some buts."

Hikari shook her head and kissed his forehead. "Don't worry about me." She said. "I always carry me pepper spray." Hikari picked up her purse and showed him a cane of self defence. Takeru gasped. `I didn't know Hikari could be so thoughtful about that. A pepper spray? I'm surely I wouldn't want to take that.´ he thought to himself.

Sora lied on her couch. She had been awake for a while, but now she had finally got to sleep. Suddenly the phone rang taking Sora from another awful nightmare. She picked it. "Yeah?" she replied still sleepy. Her six senses got all alert as she heard Hiroshi's voice from the other side. "Yeah, okay." She replied as she hung up the phone.

She dressed herself as fast as she could as she tried to call Koushiro, but unfortunately he was out at the moment and he couldn't pick up the phone, so she gave up and headed towards the spot she had agreed with Hiroshi to meet. She was suspicious about that meeting. He usually only called her at night. For her lucky her watch only started in two hours so she had time to deal with him.

She entered the bar in the suburbs where the gang used to meet. It was kind of full that morning and that got Sora even more suspicious. She went to the table she was supposed to meet with Hiroshi and sat. Besides him were the other two guys that Sora recognized as Kenshi and the other guy Koushiro had told her about. Her heart started beating faster. `Could it be possible that they find my cover?´ she thought.

Hiroshi eyed the woman in front of him and as always she was pretty wearing a pair of black pants and a top along with a long black raincoat. He was starting to rain and the sun was nowhere to ne seen still.. She stared blankly waiting for his orders.

"Do you want to drink something, Yori?" he asked. Sora could notice his tone of voice and she saw some of the guys in the other tables preparing themselves, so she too got ready, ready to run. She knew they would kill her if they found her true identity. "No, I'm fine like this." She replied still coldly.

Hiroshi continued staring at her and stood up. He walked towards Sora and she too stood up. Then he slapped her. Sora didn't complain and simply stared at him, feeling her cheek burning. "Did you think you could fool us forever, Sora Takenouchi?" he replied. "I don't know what you're talking about." She strongly interposed. The others smirked and Hiroshi threw her some papers.

Sora picked them and started reading. She could clearly see what they implied. `Shit!´ she thought. She looked around and saw everyone preparing. Before Hiroshi could even speak again, she started running. "Catch her alive." He replied, and the men started running after Sora. She picked up her guns, one in each hand and shot one of the guys.

One of them managed to turn around and appeared in front of her. He pointed his gun to her legs but Sora jumped and kicked him in the face. `Shit, shit.´ she never thought Koushiro would fail her, but things happen so she decided to blame him later as she kept running. Some of the guys had opened fire, but as they couldn't kill her they were pointing at her legs but couldn't get a sharp target.

She turned in a dark corner. The rain had started dropping heavily and the sun hadn't still come up or if it had, the black clouds in the sky didn't allow him to shine. Suddenly come from nowhere, five guys stood in front of her. She immediately shot one in his leg, but the others made her drop her guns. She jumped and kicked two of them in their faces and as she felt her feet touching the ground again, she ducked to avoid a kick from the fourth guy and rolled to pick her guns. Then she started running again with one guy still following her.

Unfortunately the other three had got up again and run after her too. She hid behind a car and shot one of them in the arm.

Meanwhile, in a nearby place, Taichi yawned as he drove the car. "Let's get going to the station. This is getting boring." He replied. Almost immediately a voice was heard. "Shooting in the suburbs area 4b." the voice said. Yamato looked at Taichi that quickly nodded. "Car 1726 in the area and going to the place. Over." He said.

Taichi drove as fast as he could to the place. When he got there he simply stopped the car and left holding his gun as did Yamato. They walked side by side, following the sound of shots. Then they started following the injured bodies in the floor. "This is car 1726, we ask for medical support and reinforcements. Over." He replied. "They're on their way, 1726. Over and out."

Hikari was nearby the place. She had finally managed to get Sora but right now, she wished she had never seen Sora in her life. The brown haired girl was hid in a dumpster holding her camera. She had filmed every scene and it almost seemed like a movie. She could see Sora hid behind a car and the bandits trying to get closer.

Taichi motioned his partner for him to go the other way so they could get the disturbers from two angles. Yamato did as he was told and went the other side. Taichi remained on his path. There were blood marks everywhere as he walked.

Sora took off her eyes lenses and aimed her gun. She looked through the car mirror and saw a man approaching. She shot him on his leg and he immediately retrieved. She counted her bullets in the chargers. The crooks were still hidden but she could see them. There was no way they were getting her.

She crawled under the car and shot another one that was standing next to the dumpster. Hikari almost screamed in fear as she saw the man near the dumpster fall to the ground holding his leg. Sora looked around but there were no more crooks anywhere, so she crawled from under the car. Her fake hair was soaked and so she took it off too, realising her brown light hair.

Her rain coat was all dirty with mug and her clothes were wet. She ran to the dumpster. Hikari contained herself as she saw the crimson eyed running towards her hiding spot. Sora leaned against it. "Stay here until its safe to come out, okay?" she said. Hikari almost yelled. How could Sora have known she was there. "Okay." She replied timidly. "I would come to pick you myself but it might be dangerous if they're still following me, so you have to go when you see its safe." She continued. Then suddenly Sora looked into the dumpster where a dirty Hikari still held her camera.

"I don't want you to get hurt. Your brother wouldn't take it." Sora smiled. Hikari gasped as she saw how truly she was speaking. Then suddenly more shooting was heard. Sora ducked on the opposite wall of the dumpster. And then Taichi appeared in both of the girls view. He jumped into a guy and knocked him off.

"Shut the fuck up." Taichi shouted to the guys that simply put his hands on his head as he was told. Taichi held his gun from a safe distant and was taking the handcuffs from his belt. "Resisting arresting, shooting against a policeman. I sure hope you have a good lawyer." He smirked.

Sora watched carefully looking for Yamato. There was no way she could go help him. He would ask too many questions. She motioned Hikari to stay still as she tried to escape without Taichi knowledge. It was when she looked to the opposite street of Taichi's that she saw Hiroshi standing there. He had a gun and was pointing it to Taichi.

Sora's mind raced at speed light but her legs couldn't carry her at that speed. "Watch out!" she screamed as she jumped to the brown haired guy knocking him to the floor. Almost immediately she could feel the metal penetrating her skin and she screamed holding her shoulder. Taichi was still too shocked to acknowledge what happen next. Sora stood up quickly as she picked her gun, but too late.

Hiroshi kicked her gun. She stood in combat position. He smirked. "Do you really think you can fight me like that babe?" he smirked. Sora didn't pay attention to him and tried to punch him but he easily strayed from it and pushed her arm. Sora cried in pain holding her injured shoulder. By this time the other guy appeared from behind her and hit her with the back of his gun in her head. She felt to the ground.

Taichi tried to stand up to help her but the guy hit him harder and he felt unconscious to the ground, blood dripping from his head. Sora put herself on her knees and tried to get up. Hiroshi picked her by her hair and smiled. She managed to stand up but she was loosing too much blood and she was quickly losing her senses. She eyed him, her vision blurred by her tears and a thread of blood from a wound she got when she felt to the ground just above her right eye.

She saw Taichi lying unconscious on the ground. Hiroshi held her in his arms, with his hand still on her hand and approached her lips, but she kicked him in the balls and he let go of her. Unfortunately the guy behind her hit her and she felt to the floor. Her vision got even more blurred in a way she couldn't distinguish figures in front of her and then she blacked out.

Hiroshi smirked and pointed his gun to Taichi. Hikari covered her ears and closed her eyes, her tears rolling freely through her face, still hurt from the scene she had just seen. Hiroshi pointed and prepared to shoot until… "Taichi?" Yamato called his friend from the top of the same street. He saw the two men standing there and two bodies and he feared the worst. He started running.

Hiroshi turned to is partner. "Bring her. She knows too much." He ordered the other guy. With that he picked Sora's body over his shoulder and carried her. Yamato kept running but when he got there the two had disappeared. He leaned over Taichi's body to see if he was alive and sighed with relief as he felt a pulse. He then looked around as he heard footsteps. He picked his gun and turned to face a frightened Hikari.

"Hikari, what are you doing here?" he asked her as he put his gun back in its place, but the next second Hikari fainted to his arms. He held her hearing the coming sounds of the ambulance he had called for along with the reinforcements.