Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Fighter ❯ Chapter ten ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fighter

By Marie Darkholme

Tenth Chapter

Hikari slowly opened her eyes as the morning sun tried to make his way through the clouds that covered the skies, blackening the way. The rain still dropped, just like the night before leaving wet traces in her window as they fell through it. She yawned and stretched her arms in a catlike manner. Like she always did by the morning she glanced to her side, hoping to see the blond locks of her fiancée lying besides her, but this time they weren't there.

She was quite for a while, but then she managed to gain control over herself again. She looked around the room trying to figure where her soon to be husband had gone, but the blond man was nowhere to be seen. She decided to stand up and with bare feet she walked into the kitchen. There was a strange smell in the air. As she entered the hallway the smell got more and more clear. It smelled like pancakes. She stopped in the middle of the hallway.

Her hair fell to her shoulders in small light brown threads. Her auburn eyes closed as she allowed herself to take a deep breath and inhaled the fantastic smell that spread through the soft atmosphere of her house. She stepped towards the kitchen starting to regret her quickness and her inpatient for not bringing her slippers now that the cold tile entered in contact with her naked feet.

She peeked into the kitchen and saw a young man with a baby blue apron and a pan in his hands turning in the air what it seemed to be her favourite breakfast, vanilla pancakes with chocolate nuggets. She entered in the kitchen but Takeru didn't notice her presence so concentrated he was on his job of turning pancakes.

The brown haired girl approached her boyfriend. She let him put down the pan in the stove again, preventing any kind of domestic accident that scaring him with a hot pan in his hands might cause. Then she stuck her hands in front of his eyes. Takeru jumped frightened only to receive Hikari's hands, seconds later, with a sweet embrace. He kissed her lips as he turned to meet her eyes. She looked into his blue ocean orbs. No matter how many times she looked into them she still got amazed for its immensity of beauty and how they managed to captivate her attention.

Takeru turned his attention to the pancakes again. "You should be on the bed." He said as he turned off the stove and moved the pancakes to a plate that was previously put there for that same effect. Hikari grabbed him by his waist and leaned her head on his back. He kept working. "I was going to take you your favourite breakfast to the bed." He continued. Then he turned to meet her eyes again. "I thought I could compensate you for not being home when you needed me." His eyes pleaded her for forgiveness.

She stared at him for a while. She couldn't believe he was thinking like that. But still she thought that was sweet of him to take her breakfast to bed. She kissed his lips, forgiving him for whatever he thought he had made wrong. He embraced her in his arms and placed his chin over her shoulder looking behind her. He looked down and noticed her bare feet.

Hikari closed her eyes as she just took advantage of the caressing moment. She just let herself be droved by her emotions that began to pound uncontrollably. She felt herself being lifted, as Takeru picked her in his arms and carried her to their bedroom. He placed her in their bed. She kissed his lips, not letting go his neck. She wished for more in that moment. She pushed him to her and Takeru fell on the top of Hikari. She started kissing him. He replied to her kisses as the moment turned from a tenderness moment to a lustful moment.

"Let's make a baby." Hikari replied out of nothing. Takeru eyed her surprised. Never had he thought she would ask him something like that. They would be marrying in just a few weeks, but she wanted to make a baby with him now. That showed how much she loved him and he was glad for that but he didn't felt ready to have children, not before marriage at least. Of course she would give birth after they got marry but still, she would already be carrying the child and he couldn't allow that.

He broke the passion moment and stood from the top of her. Hikari eyed him surprised, but curious too. She wasn't angry though. She understood that he wanted to wait. "You just stay here." He said as he placed his finger over her mouth pressing it so she lied down again. "I had too much trouble getting your breakfast ready." He finished and left to the kitchen.

The brown haired girl smiled as she saw him head off to the kitchen. If he wasn't ready then they would wait. She didn't want to press him. She wanted her baby to be something natural, unexpected like all babied should be. She too was a little afraid, but she wanted the experience. She longed for the day she would carry a little child inside her. She wanted to know how it felt. She wasn't afraid of giving birth though. She thought of it as an enrichment experience. A life experience that every women should go through. But more than that, she wanted to hold the baby in her hands, feel his skin touching hers, watched him as he smiled.

Taichi stared into her beautiful crimson orbs. There weren't many times that he had the opportunity to do it, since she normally would turn her gaze, but not this time. She too was staring at his chocolate brown eyes, lost in their deepness, trying to figure if the eyes could really be the mirror to the soul. There were no words changed between them as they only were able to stare at each other. Words were lost in the deepest corner of their worlds that in that moment seemed to have become one.

He looked for the passion she had once shown to him. he looked for the hope he thought it was not lost, not yet. He looked for a chance of her to be his, because that was the only reason that kept him moving right now, that was the reason that had brought him there, to that room. As he stared in her eyes and she kept looking he could see that hint of what he was looking for. He could see this was nevertheless a girl and she wasn't cold as some might thought she was. In that moment she was just a woman that had received a great happiness and he had been the one to gave it to her and he was happy for that.

Sora stared into his eyes and she immediately felt her heart sank in the chocolate brown eyes that seemed to read her to her soul. She didn't care about anything that had happened how that could happen in the future. Right now, it was the present that mattered and the present was right in front of her, giving her an opportunity to be happy again, to live and scream again. But questions of insecurity kept her from throwing herself into his arms telling him all that she wanted him, that she needed him. Questions that she couldn't ignore. Yes, she wanted him to hold her in his arms and telling her that everything was okay. But she also was afraid to be hurt again, because the pass was not forgotten yet.

It passed only minutes but in their own world it seemed like centuries had rushed by leaving their unspoken words stuck in their dry throats. Sora was the one who tried to speak first. Her voice came in a whisper that even she could barely hear. She cleared her throat and repeated the words that she thought she would never say to a man again. "I…I…wanted to thank you for…saving me and, for the flowers too." She replied. She immediately felt her blood boil trying to reach her pale cold cheeks, but she remained calm and her blood remained under the point of ebullition.

Taichi heard her speak, but it still looked like a dream. Every word she spoke was like a sweet breeze washing away his doubts. Her soft but yet clear voice echoed in his mind with the words thank you. He wanted to speak but amazingly he couldn't as all he could think in the moment was her eyes that kept his mind completely filled. They were simply beautiful. He couldn't quite describe the feeling he had as her eyes just seemed to get into him and cross his heart like two flaming arrows.

She watched him as he just kept staring at her. In a normal occasion she would be cursing him for even dare looking at her like that, but that wasn't the occasion. Right then she wanted him to look at her like that. A part of her wanted him to stare like any men before a beautiful lady that they like. But the other tried to keep those thoughts away from her troubled mind.

He motioned to open his mouth several times but his guts seemed to have stayed outside that room or even outside the country. "Taichi, I…" she wanted to break that silence. She wanted him to say something, just a word any word cause the silence was really unbearable.

"Don't." he replied suddenly. It was his turn to talk. "I…I'm glad you liked the roses." he said nervously as he took a step forward. "Koushiro told me they were your favourite." He suddenly walked faster and sat by her side. He held her hand. In an instinctive way she would have retrieve it, but she controlled herself. She could feel now her blood going uncontrolled into ebullition as she shivered. "I don't know nothing about your past, in fact, I think no one really knows, but… just give a chance, to prove you… I would never ever, Sora, hurt you consciously. Please, don't push me away like that." He pleaded in a hurried nervous speech.

Sora remained silently for a while. Her heart wanted to say yes, she would give him a chance, but her body still felt the pain and suffering that men had brought her. But she also recalled Daisuke and Koushiro. They were her friends, no matter what they never hurt her. `I want to love again.´ she thought to herself.

"I… doctors allowed me to go home today." She said in one single and fast sentence realising her hand. She could feel the blood burning in her cheeks. "Would you… I mean… don't you mind to help carrying my stuff?" she asked raising her eyes to met his that immediately brightened, like a flash of light had just came through them.

Later that day, in the evening, Mimi and Yamato sat in a fancy restaurant. Mimi wore a long backless soft pink dress that tied behind her neck. She had also a scarf from the same tone of pink that was over her shoulders covering her back. Her hair was loose with two threads in the front, and a small hook in form of butterfly holding some o her front hair in the back.

Yamato wore a simple pair of ceremonial pants and a white chemise unbuttoned in the top. His blond hair was nicely combed with the straight to the right side. His hands trembled nervously under the table as he held a black velvet box. He had promise himself he would ask her that night, but as the dinner went calmly by he just got more and more nervous about the decision he was making but above it, about what Mimi would say to him.

Mimi thought wasn't taking that much attention to her boyfriend's actions. He even dropped his wine glass that fortunately only flooded his plate not falling to his pants or even the towel. She was too much into her own thought to think about whatever the father of her child could be going through. In that moment she was thinking in the child that she carried inside her. She didn't feel ready to have children. She had plans. She would first get a decent job in her own psychological cabinet and then she would be engaged and then she would marry. Only some years after the marriage would she think about having children. After all she was only twenty four and she had still many years to think about children.

She distraughtly got her glass and drank just one more bit of her red whine. She picked her silverwares and turned the food in her plate as she wanted to see a better side of it, but in fact she was only trying to see the better side of her own situation that in that moment didn't seem to exist. She picked a piece of meat and put it in her mouth. She chewed, not even caring what she was eating. She wasn't tasting the food at all. She was simply eating it. More she thought of it more irritated she got. How could she even have thought about having sex in her office was one of the first questions in her mind. If someone had entered it would be a very unpleasant situation, but then again, no one could really enter since she had locked the door. She sighed.

Yamato watched as Mimi turned the food in her plate and his thoughts rushed immediately to what she was thinking that he was sure it would be the same that he was thinking. That baby was just a very big mistake, but it was their mistake and they would have to hang with the consequences of it. He put down the fork and the knife in his plate. His hunger had amazingly decreased the last few days. `Before the dessert.´ he thought to himself. `I'll ask her before the dessert.´

The waitress came within a second after Mimi too put down her silverwares. He picked the dirty plates as another servant came with the dessert carts. Mimi picked one as the other was gently gave it to Yamato. He put down his cart as he just watched Mimi one last time before he asked the most important question of his life. There she was, beautiful as ever, her brown light hair hanging pretty to her shoulders, dressing like a real princess. He was sure he loved her and that was the only thing that mattered to him.

He picked the velvet box from his pocket and cleared his throat catching Mimi's attention. She peeked from above the cart and he slowly put down the cart. She watched his moves curiously. He put his hand over hers while he held the box in the other. He eyed her as he prepared for the reveal moment.

"I… I've known you for a few time now, and though we've been dating for only a year, not quite, but right now I'm sure you're the woman I want in my life. Would you marry me, Mimi Tachikawa?"

Night fell quickly over Hikari's and Takeru's house. She sat at her computer tipping away furiously that she still had to work, but at least this time she was making some interesting work. As she heard her cd from Nickleback, she could feel the words just flashing in her mind as her fingers travelled fast through the keys of her laptop. She yawned as the tiredness of being glued to the computer's screen almost all afternoon, with only some breaks for water cups, took over her body.

She glanced at the watch of her computer and sighed. She feared that once again Takeru had been stuck with another autopsy of somebody's death body and once again wouldn't be able to come for dinner. She turned her gaze to the computer screen again and started typing the end of her first article. She was so sure that was the opportunity to become a first hand reporter and end up with the photographer job, that wasn't as gratifying as having her name under a piece of work like that. Well, it had been tough, she had witness some nasty things but then again she had seen many nasty things through her life. Seeing a friend being beat up was the hardest, but it had been worth having that much troubles to have in the end an article that could possibly be her first report.

She typed the last sentence and sighed in relief. Now the only thing that was missing was taking that to the newspaper graphic. She smiled to herself as she printed the work and copied it to a disk that she put inside a case that she would take to the newspaper. She had already talked to her boss and he had told her that if it were as good as he thought it would be, since we're talking about Hikari, she would have it as main title in the first page. After all, she had witness the happenings in first hand, thing that no other journalist could be proud off. Besides, Hiroshi and Kenshi were two major wanted from the police and the newspapers were dying to get something on them and now she had it.

The night had suddenly become quite as the rain had stopped falling. After all it was December now and soon the snow would be spreading her whiteness through all Kyoto. Hikari loved the snow. She remembered the first snowman she had made. It was hers and Takeru's first snowman and it had become in her memory one of the happiest days of her life.

Hikari stood from her chair, after turning off the computer, and decided to make dinner. She put some frosted pizza in the microwave and waited for it to be ready. As she waited, the brown haired girl lied on the couch and flipped through the channels trying to find something interesting to see. It was almost half past eight and the news was on. She increased the sound as she acknowledged something important was being talked about.

In the television screen could be seen a familiar set for reporters like her. The police tried to keep the photographers away from the scene, as the ambulance picked the victim. It was death, since they took it in a bag. One of the reporters on set was trying to get some information about what had happened. Finally the camera managed to get a clear picture of the set. There was a large pool of dry blood on the floor accompanied by the usual police marks of the body. Then the camera suddenly turned to the high building that was by their side.

"It appears that the girl jumped from one of the floors of this building. It all points to suicide but the local authorities are still investigating the case." The reporter from news said. Then the beeping sound of the microwave was heard disturbing Hikari from her thoughts. She raised and went to turn it off and redrew the pizza from within it. Meanwhile the news had passed to another discover in the medicine area. It was a boring investigation about the effects of sleeping in people's weight.

Hikari picked a board were she put the pizza already cut in several slices. She watched as some scientists in white robs talked about how sleeping more than eight hours a day helped decreasing weight. The brown haired flipped through the channels again reaching MTV. "Yeah, right!" she mumbled as she put a slice of pizza in her mouth. She couldn't believe how some scientists wasted their time studying that kind of stuff when there were incurable diseases to find a cure for.

She ate another slice as she flipped through the channels again. There was really nothing interesting in the television so she just turned it off and went to the kitchen's table where she ate feeling very lonely. Her thoughts suddenly raced to her brother. She hadn't seen him since that morning in the hospital. She wondered how things were going with the stubborn cold hearted Sora. Yamato had told Takeru that had told her that Taichi had saved Sora and she was going to be okay. Hikari counted that the fact that her brother had saved Sora would contribute to an improvement in the girl's relationship with Taichi.

The door suddenly opened and a very tired Takeru entered the house. He put his keys in the piece of furniture next to the entering hall and walked towards the kitchen. "Hikari, I'm home." He called. She kept eating her pizza as she waited for him to come into the kitchen.

Takeru stopped by the bathroom where he put his shoes and in their room where he put his raincoat. He looked around trying to find his beloved fiancée. He then walked into the kitchen to see her quietly eating another slice of pizza. He walked towards her and wrapped her in his arms kissing her cheek.

Hikari put down the slice of pizza and turned to meet his lips. Takeru then sat in a chair near her and took a slice of pizza to himself. They both were quite, both lost in their own thoughts. Takeru was thinking of Hikari's sudden will to have a baby. Today's events weren't much into her advantage as Takeru had to go and make the autopsy of a sixteen years old girl that had thrown herself from the eighth floor of the building she lived. It wasn't his vision of her body's damages or the blood around the place where she had been found. As a forensic doctor he had learned to abstract himself of those sorts of things. He had seen shot cadavers, decapitated cadavers, mutilated, burned. They would eventually haunt him in hi worst nightmares, but those people had been murdered. They probably didn't want to die. He couldn't figure what someone could have against its own life to just give up the hope on it.

The blond let out a sigh that was heard by his fiancée. She was a little taken back because of that morning's happenings. She hoped Takeru wasn't worried about her will to have a baby. She would wait for him to be ready, she knew him too well to ever even think that he didn't want children. She knew he wanted them, but she also knew that they were young, only twenty two and they had many years in front of them.

She placed a protective arm over his shoulders. The blond looked into her eyes. "What are you thinking about?" she asked him concerned. He shook his head and smiled. "Work stuff. Don't want to bother you with that." He replied. Hikari, though, seemed offended by the state. She took her arm and crossed them both over her chest. "Takashi, Takeru, your job doesn't bore me. Besides we're suppose to share everything." She complained as she stood up and walked away.

Takeru followed her and wrapped his arms around her waist. "Forgive me. That's not what I meant, Hikari." He replied as he led her to the couch where they both lied. "Something happened today that… well, it made me think about life you know?" he explained. Hikari gazed into his blue ocean eyes. She sat cross legged in front of him. She extended her legs and motioned him to lie between her legs. Takeru placed his head over her abdominals and stared at the ceiling. The brown haired girl passed her fingers through his hair as he told her what was bothering him.

"A girl committed suicide today." He told her. "I know it was on the news." Hikari calmly notice. "Well, I was doing her autopsy and…" he paused trying to find the right words to explain what he was feeling. "… I guess, it kind of made me wonder about life. I don't get it why would someone kill himself." Hikari grabbed his hands that lied on the top of his chest and started playing with them. "I think… if people really feel desperate, you know, without any other choice to solve their problems, they might think about committing suicide." She replied.

Takeru was quite for a little and then he spoke again. This time he raised from her lap and still holding hands with her he told her what was really bothering him. "And what crept me the most was the face of that girl's parents." Hikari watched as his eyes turned to a dark worried blue. "The face of completely ignorance. They were in complete shock before theirs daughter's actions … and I can't stop thinking… what if it was our child?"

Taichi parked his dark blue Subaru in front of the building he already knew so well. He helped the incapacitated Sora out of the car opening the door. Fortunately it had stopped raining. She smiled a little uncomfortable before this all new experience. She trembled slightly as a cold breeze suddenly burst through the air. It was a rather cold night in fact. There were many clouds up in the sky, but now and then they would let the moon make a small appearance.

Sora stared at it for a while as Taichi walked to the backseat to take her only case. A small black trolley that was indeed very light. He gazed into her. It was as if the dark shine of the moon could make her even more mysterious, but in the other hand more interesting. The way it shone on her otherwise darkened features, illuminating her face, shining on her pretty hair and flashing on her eyes, it was simply beautiful cause that was the word that, even not fully, could describe her in that moment. But after all he was deeply in love with her, it was only normal he would see her like that, or perhaps the dark moon really made her mysteries even more attractive.

She walked to the opened door of the old building and both started walking upstairs to the weight floor where Sora lived. There were no the sound besides their steps that echoed through the apparently abandoned building. There were graffiti on the walls. Besides that they could also hear some faint sounds of televisions in some of the floors and in one of them they also heard the sound of a woman shouting pretty loud to her son.

They finally reached the eighth floor. Sora took her keys from the jeans she was wearing that Koushiro had had the kindness of picking up for her at her house during her short stay in the hospital. It were an old pair of dark blue jeans that even had a hole next to the right knee, but she liked them anyways. In fact, they were one of her favourites.

She pulled the keys and inserted them on the lock. A crack was heard as she turned the keys in the lock and pushed the holder in a simultaneous movement. The door opened. She smelled the air of her home as she entered. Everything was like she had left it the day before she got caught by Hiroshi. Taichi followed her footsteps still in complete silence. She was happy to be home. There weren't many time that she got so happy for actually being in the place she called home.

Taichi closed the door behind him and put down the trolley case. Sora turned to meet his gaze and in a few seconds everything was silence. That was her house but she thought she was feeling more uncomfortable that if they were actually in Taichi's house. She smiled disturbed as she searched in the deep corners of her mind what she should say or do. A flash of the last time and unique time Taichi had been in her house flashed through her head and along with it the first kiss they had shared.

That kiss had changed so many things. It had brought to her life a hurricane that had messed up everything. It had brought to her, her past again. She had awful dreams about it, but that kiss had made her think about thinks that she had take as granted in the past and that she was now doubting, like her promise to never fall in love again. She now kind of wondered how she had even thought of making such a ridiculous promise. She more than anyone else should know that we cannot control our heart or our feelings towards someone.

The words suddenly came out of her mouth like she was planning them for a long time. "Would you like to drink or eat something?" she asked, a blush creeping up to her cheeks. Taichi too felt something like a sudden burst of blood flooding to his cheeks. "Yeah. Beer please." He asked automatically. He knew that was one thing Sora always had in her house. She wasn't an alcoholic but that was especially because she had high tolerance to alcohol without getting drunk.

Sora rushed into the kitchen and took two canes of beer from the fridge that happened to be the last ones she had. She opened them and went to the living room again where Taichi had taken the license of seating in the couch already. "I hope you don't mind." He replied excusing himself for his bad manners. She shook her head relieving any questions he might have about her own manners.

They sat side by side, since Sora only had one couch directly in front of the television that was no on passing some kind of movie that none of them was interested in watch. They just sat there sipping in their beers. Then Sora suddenly noticed she was without her gloves. She had kind of forgot about the issue but somehow she didn't felt comfortable anymore without her gloves.

She stood up and walked towards her room. Taichi, though, didn't stop her thinking she was going to the bathroom or something. So he just kept drinking is beer and watching without any interest the movie. In fact, though his eyes were staring at the television, his mind was far from there. He drifted in a middle sleep into his thoughts.

Sora came back a couple of minutes later with her gloves on. She took her beer again and watched Taichi for a second. He seemed to be lost in his thoughts. A part of her wanted furiously to know what he was thinking but the other part of her wanted to say something though she didn't know what. Along all this years she had kind of lost her touch what it had to do with guys, mainly when she was having a crush on them, a thing that she thought it would never happen. As she thought of it, another flash came to her mind. A flash of a painful pass that was threatening to take over her life again.

Taichi broke out of his trance like state as he noted the crimson eyed presence by his side. He looked at her as she too seemed to be in a trance. He thought for a while about the best action to take but he couldn't really figure one as he was standing before an unpredictable person like Sora. He suddenly realised her hands were covered again and his movements came instinctually just like hers. As he touched, even if so slightly, her hands, she took them and stared at him with a hurt frightened face. He watched her surprised and puzzled.

Sora realised then that it was Taichi that was with her, the man that had promise her never to hurt her and she believe him. She really wanted to believe him, because in a way she needed to believe him. She was just so tired of being alone, of having horrible nightmares about a past that she wished she could forget. She looked at him. his eyes didn't showed anger for actions as she thought they would, only surprise. She was glad for that.

"I'm sorry… I was… thinking and you frightened me." She replied in a mumble, but only after she noticed that Taichi's eyes weren't fixed in her face, but in her hands as he took them in his again. He moved his fingers to her right wrist and unglued the two parts that pressed the gloves in the wrists. He then removed them as an astonished Sora just watched. She knew he would eventually do something like that. She also knew what was coming next.

"I think I own you an explanation, isn't it?" she stated with a sigh. "You did save my life." Taichi watched her. "You don't have to explain me anything unless you want to… and you saved my life too, so we're even. You don't own me nothing." He smiled. Sora opened her mouth to speak but before she could say a word, Taichi continued. "I just… don't cover your hands when you're with me. They are so… beautiful." He picked her hand and raised it. Sora felt the soft skin of his lips touching her hand as he bent down to kiss it.

There he was, with her in her house, completely alone and still… he wasn't trying anything but to make her comfortable, to make her smile. He could demand her to explain, but still… he remained in silence waiting that she was ready to tell him when she was ready. She was seeing him, she was hearing and touching him but she still couldn't believe he was for real. She thought if she was just falling into another trap, but he couldn't, deep down she knew this man could be trusted. She was no longer an impulsive young and crazy in need of care teenager. She was a woman now and she had learned with her mistakes. Her senses had become more selected and she was no longer a foolish girl that would let herself fall into the arms of the first Romeo that appeared.

She thought about the issue. Should she tell him about the origin of her scars? Was she ready? That was a question she would never be able to answer. In her opinion she would never be ready, but right now, she thought it was a moment just as good as any other could be. She was on the topic and she wanted to tell him. It was her first step into the path of trust someone again. She trusted Daisuke and Koushiro because she knew them since she was a little kid, but Taichi he was different. She trusted him because his eyes showed nothing but truth, confidence, courage.

"I'm ready to tell you. After all this moment would be as good as any other, right?" she joked letting out a small chuckle. She took a deep breath as she prepared herself to tell him the story of her life. He too prepared himself to hear her story that he knew somehow wouldn't be pretty and though he too had passed through some ruff times he could see that the pain that had caused this girl that was so sweet and lovely sitting besides him to turn into such a cold hearted as the Sora he used to know and that is the true Sora to most people that know her.

"Well… I think it all started before I was born. I really can't tell because I don't really know." She started as she stared at the ceiling. The television was still on, but the only sound that Taichi could hear now was the voice of the brown haired girl sitting by his side. "My mother died giving birth to me here in Kyoto. It is funny that I was actually born here. I was a premature with only seven months and so I had to stay here in the hospital. They didn't know where the rest of my family was cause my mother had arrived here alone and died before she could tell them anything useful. They really only knew her name and mine because she had written it in a paper that was on her wallet." She sighed. She could still remember the only photo she had been able to kept from her mother where she smiled. A tear rolled down her face.

"When I was able to get out of the hospital I went to an orphan centre, where I stayed until I was two years and half. By then they had found my father in Odaiba." She stopped cursing the fact they had found him. She wished several times that she could have stayed in that centre. Taichi heard everything in silence. He had a urge to grab her and embrace her, telling her that everything was okay now because he was there. He knew how she felt about her mother. He missed his mother too and he had lived with her for sixteen years.

"I can't remember the beginning of my life there, but I can't imagine how I make it through. I kind of think that Daisuke's mother was my secret saviour. Daisuke and me met when I went to Odaiba. He was my next door neighbour and I spent much of my time in his house. Then Koushiro moved next door too and we became a trio. We were always together. Though my father was already a drunk by then I really didn't mind because he usually only shouted with me. I had learned to live by myself. I made my own food, I studied by myself and went to play with my friends when I wanted too. My father didn't really cared when I was in home or out. But that was only until I made eleven." She paused again. "By then, my father outburst became more dangerous and now and then he hit me." Her voice cracked and Taichi grabbed her hand for emotional support.

"One day, when I went home he just started throwing things at me. That was when I got the scars on my back. I wanted to run away but I couldn't. I would just spent the less time I could at my house. I would spent much of my time with Dai and Koushiro." A smile crossed her face thinking about the only happy time she had spent in Odaiba with her dearest friends in the world.

"Well, I was getting used to be beaten up. In my graduation day, when I had already eighteen, I was so happy that day. I can perfectly remember. Daisuke's mom and dad and Koushiro's parents were at the graduation. I wished my mother be there too, but I kind of thought that wherever she was she was seeing me so I was happy. Though no one of my family was there, I had kisses, photos and congratulations from Dai's and Koushiro's parents. Dai's mostly threatened me like they own daughter. Later that day, when I arrived my house I was still happy. I stepped into my room without even caring by my father that was as usual drinking in the couch." Her voice cracked again. There were no tears falling from her eyes. She then raised her head. Taichi expected to see a great amount of pain but there wasn't all that he saw. He saw pure hate. A hate that he thought he could never see in her eyes.

Sora took her other glove and threw in into the ground. She raised her hands and showed them to Taichi with a hurt look. "These are the marks I got… because I was happy." She smiled faintly. Taichi was shocked. I could someone be punished for being happy? "He said I didn't deserve to be happy and he wanted me to die like my mother. I was just a worthless bitch and he didn't care a shit about me." She broke into tears. She had promise herself she wouldn't cry anymore but that was just another of her promises that she knew it was foolish to make.

At the time she didn't even think about the possibility of telling Taichi the other sword over her heart. She just allowed him to wrap her in his arms and stayed in his warm embrace sobbing quietly. "The next day I packed my stuff and ran away. I phoned Dai and Koushiro on the way and they arranged things to come study to Kyoto too. That's how I became this dark cold person that I am now." She finished.

Taichi just kept holding her, hoping his warmness and love could wash away her tears and heal her wounds. "That is a lie." He said quietly. "You're not worthless. You are the most amazing person I've met." He was glad that she had told him her story. At least now he knew why she was how she was and what she had been through. He just never thought someone could actually survive something like that.

The light of the lamp in the living room was turned off as Taichi felt Sora sleeping in his arms and he allowed himself to drive to sleep as well.

What they didn't know was that eight floor under them, in the cold streets were the clouds started to accumulate and turn into a soft snowy grey, a man watched every movement they made inside the house. He patted his foot on the hard ground as a cloud of vapour came out from his mouth. He brushed his hands against each other in an attempt to keep himself warm. The coat he was wearing covered him to his feet but it still wasn't enough warm for the cold night that had established. An evil spread across his darkened face as he walked away.