Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Fighter ❯ Chapter eleven ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fighter

By Marie Darkholme

Eleventh Chapter

Hikari stared wide eyed at Takeru. There he was, the all mighty forensic doctor and he was afraid that a child of his might be thinking about suicide. But that wasn't the thing that was really worrying Hikari. She was slightly shocked with the thoughts of her soon to be husband. If she didn't know him well, she would say he was getting an excuse for not having children, but she knew him better than that. That wasn't her Takeru. Maybe she had just freaked him out with the story of the baby.

She sighed and wrapped him in her arms like a little child that had just been beaten up by the bad guys from her school. He let himself be drive to her warm embrace. After all who wouldn't want to be in such a lovely and warm place like Hikari's arms? He knew a child would be very happy in her arms and he could just imagine her as a devoted mother giving milk to a little inoffensive and innocent child.

"I'm sorry Takeru." Hikari started. Takeru was a little taken back since he wasn't quite sure of what she was talking about, so he just allowed her to continue so he could figure the theme of the conversation. "I knew I shouldn't have forced you to it… I can wait. After all were sill young and have many years ahead of us, many years still to start a family. I knew I shouldn't have rushed you. I'm not ready either, please don't be sad." She apologized in a soft warm appeal.

Takeru frowned. She couldn't be thinking that he didn't want children or that he would ever possibly be angry with her for suggesting starting a family? But then again, he had been a little harsh; maybe she had understood it the wrong way. "Hikari, is nothing like that… I want a family with you." He kissed her lips, and hold her head between his hands making her look to him, right into his eyes. "I really want, I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong impression. I was just shocked that's all."

She was speechless. She should have known that he would never think like that about having a family. After all, he wished he could have his own family and that he could be more united than he's own family. She still remembered the rough past of Takeru. She should have known him better then that. She apologized her own way kissing him in a passionate way that only she knew how to awake in him.

She remembered. Her mother was still alive when it all happened. Takeru and her were about six and Taichi and Yamato were about nine. Takeru and Yamato came lots of times to play with her and her brother when they were little. They were the inseparable four, always together, but then Takeru's parents started having fights and one day Takeru was gone with his mother. Hikari had been inconsolable along with Yamato that had passed the night with the Yagami family. The weeks that followed were dark. Yamato spent all his time with the Yagami's since his father had gone to meet his mother to talk her into giving Takeru back. Eventually she agreed. Yamato and Takeru were hers in the summer vacation and in the Easter. But that was better than separating the two siblings.

They lied there still involved in the lustful atmosphere that had taken over them. Hikari was under Takeru's body and he pressed himself on her as he kissed her passionately in her mouth and then going down to her neck. She moaned in pleasure of having Takeru possessing her in such way that she thought he would never be able too. He had never showed himself as lustful as he was being now. In a way that scary her, but on the other hand she too was acting unusual from herself, behaving like an animal, following pure instincts, letting herself be drown in the pleasure nature of men kind as an animal.

Mimi stared wide eyed at her boyfriend. She blinked once and then again, and only after a third time, the brown haired psychologist had the dignity to close her mouth that was just like her eyes. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. Her whole world had been tuned upside down in less than five seconds just because of a little question that echoed in her troubled mind. Her heart had speeded to the maximum draining all her energy to stop. And though it only stopped for the few seconds that it usually stops, for her was like the time had passed to slow motion as the words came out from Yamato's mouth. She could swear that if she was drinking she would have spilled all the wine in Yamato's face.

He too was taken back, but not for his question of course because he was very sure he had done it. The fact was that he was shocked with Mimi's reaction. Normally he would have thought that she would let out a small happy scream and then throw herself into his arms announcing to the world she was the happiest woman in the world. But still, there she was, and the only thing she had managed to do the last couple of minutes was stare at him wide eyed. In fact it took her a whole minute to realise she was doing a fool of herself hanging her chin like that and after she had finally hidden her bowelses she had only be quite. She almost looked hypnotise.

Yamato cleared his throat and Mimi broke out of her trance. Her hands travelled to her throat and she bit her lip nervously. Now it was he's time to be wide eyed as he watched her with a puppy like look, pleading for an answer as his hand still hung over the table with the velvet box in it and in the velvet box, the small but amazingly beautiful ring. It was quite simple in fact. At a first look it would look like two rings but in fact it was only one, which was made of two different leagues curled in each other and over all the ring that was sapphire powder that made it shine with the thinnest light.

His heart started beating uncontrollably as he waited for her answer. He had never asked a girl to marry him but a no would certainly affect his future life. Mimi stared at Yamato unable to say not even a word. She knew what her mind told her to say. `Say yes, Mimi. You know you must say yes.´ but her heart; she wasn't quite sure if this was what her heart desired. Sure she loved him right now, but what about the next year, or in ten years. She didn't know if she was going to love him forever. But still… she was caring his child. She shouldn't forget that the marriage would be the best for him or her. A stable family. A happy home.

"Yes." The words came like a soft whisper that was not audible to Mimi herself. She closed her eyes and assured herself this was the right decision to make. When she opened them again she looked at Yamato's amazing ocean blue eyes and assured herself that was the man she wanted for the rest of her life. She cleared her throat and the word that the man before was waiting came out with an astonished confidence. She didn't tremble when she said it and she felt in fact like she had been carrying a heavy weight that had just been washed away.

The blonde's lips formed a smile that was directly pointed at her. He stood up and knelt in front of her. He took the ring from it's fluffy secure velvet box. Mimi extended her hand and allowed Yamato to slip the ring through her finger. It was in fact a beautiful ring. Not too corny, not too shining, not too low, just simple, just perfect. They shared a deep kiss and the other customers that had in the meantime watched the scene between the two lovers now fiancées applauded audibly, some giving loud whistles.

The rain had finally stopped to give time for the snow to take her turn. Now, small beautiful and fragile snow flakes fell to the ground covering everything with its white cloak. Sora looked outside the window of her car. She sighed as the weather made her melancholic, but at least it wasn't raining. She liked rain a lot but it also made her melancholic, more than snow that symbolized pureness and innocence for her.

Her shoulder had increased significantly better this last week, but she still had to be careful with it, not holding heavy weights or making sudden moves were the recommendations of the doctor, that though Sora wasn't quite used to follow she had too, because Taichi would go to her house everyday to check on her. She still couldn't work, doctor's orders too. He had said that knowing Sora she wouldn't be careful and would probably fall in some of her mad chases and damaged her shoulder again.

She pulled by the cafeteria were the cops usually hang out, Miyako's cafeteria. She glanced over to the back seat where the shops she had made lie spread on the seat. Mostly food, some canes of beer and other girls' health stuff. She believed that no one would think about robbing her car cause of food, especially being right in front of the cafeteria.

A snow flake fell to her hair as she stepped out of the car. She tightened her grip on her long black coat that covered her from head to feet and put her hood over her head, covering it from the snow that was starting to fall harder. She glanced over to the sky and watched as a million snow flakes made their ways down with the grace of a ballet dancer.

She entered the cafeteria were some other cops were talking at the tables. Shaking the snow off her coat she looked around and spotted Taichi, Yamato and Koushiro at one table in the corner of the room. She paced calmly towards them and sat besides Taichi. She shook hands with them, with her usual gloves on. She hadn't told the others about her past yet. She had made Taichi promise he would say. She wanted to tell them when she was ready to and Taichi agreed with her decision, he, in fact, thought it was a wise decision, since it wasn't him that should tell them.

Miyako immediately came to note what she wanted. She wore her usual uniform when she was working. Her eyes though showed something different from the last time she had saw her. She was happier, her eyes had a shine that they hadn't before. She glanced to the counter and there he was. The man that had caused one of her gender so much suffering, but he too, seemed different. His face was normally dark and his eyes usually saw nothing besides the tiles of the floor he stepped as his head was usually down in embarrassment for things he had done.

As the purple headed girl approached, Sora couldn't help to ask what was going on. Miyako smiled wide, as Sora had never seen her smile. Her hands flashed from her notebook to her belly and Sora along with the guys immediately acknowledged what had happened. "I'm four months pregnant." She informed with a hint of proud in her voice. Taichi and Koushiro immediately congratulated her. Sora just smiled, a not too happy smile but a true smile. Though she didn't think much about children because she also wasn't expecting to ever get marry or have a boyfriend again, she respected who wanted children so badly, and deep inside she too loved children. Maybe she was just too afraid that somehow they would go through the same things she went.

Yamato, though, had some different problems with this pregnant issue. He still was in doubt about the decision he had made in marry Mimi, but their wedding was already dated and there wasn't much he could do now. Nevertheless he too congratulated her after a small break.

Sora asked her coffee and the guys returned to their talk about a new wave of crimes that had been threatened Kyoto lately and though the subject was of Sora's interest she quickly drifted away as she glanced over the window to the snow falling outside. The top of her car along with the windshield were already filled with that dirty white flood like. Her thoughts travelled in a retrospective way to some days before, when she had listened that voice. The voice she had wished she would never hear again, that she desired to die and never come back, but still there it was in her call recorder, very alive.

----Flashback----

Sora accompanied Taichi to the door and allowed him a small kiss in cheek for goodbye. She had barely time to try hiding when she started blushing when he too gave her a kiss. Taichi too felt the blood rushing to his cheeks dirtying them with red colour.

She sighed as she heard his footsteps walking away. She leaned against the closed door and smacked her head against the door. `Stupid, stupid.´ she called mentally to herself as she recalled the events of yesterday's night. She still couldn't believe that after all that time hiding her pass she had in one weakness moment spilled everything to a man, that for worst, she thought she was falling in love with.

She walked over to the kitchen and served herself a cold cup of orange juice. She went to the living room again and just as she passed by her phone she saw a little green light blinking. She went to its side and sat on the couch. She sighed and clicked the button to hear the messages that had been left for her. She was completely sure that must have been Daisuke phoning to hear for himself if she really was okay and bingo. As she clicked the button it was heard a small pi and then "Hi, Sor. It's me Dai. Please phone me as soon as you can. Koushiro said you were okay but I must hear your voice to believe it. Anyway I told you you shouldn't go mess with those kind of people, but no… you are just too damn…" another pi was heard. "Small messages, huh. Anyway as I was saying you're just too damn stubborn to listen. Call me okay?"

Sora grinned hearing Daisuke's message. She knew him better then himself sometimes. She was about to live when the recorder made another pi and another message started being passed. She was up but as the voice started talking she collapsed to the couch again. Her breath stuck in her throat, her heart stopped, her blood froze on her veins and her face in complete panic.

"Hello Sor. It's me. I hope you've been well through this… what eight years? I'll phone you later. Chiau baby."

----End Of Flashback----

She hadn't heard any news about him since their sudden break up. She was afraid she might have to see him around at school, but for her luck he had moved to Tokyo with his parents. In a way she thought that he had been planning that a long time ago. She had never heard from him since then for her great happiness, but that morning hearing his voice again… Even after eight years it was still as she recalled, that sensual attractive tone, but now that was something else that she had only acknowledged in that cursed day. His voice was also devilish. If she had never met him before after that criminal psychology course she had taken by his tone of voice she would easily recognize him as a disturbed person. It was the kind of voice that a psychopath uses with his victims. She was just sorry that she had never realized that before.

Her gaze continued straight to the street outside. She was no longer hearing what Taichi or the others were saying. She was so deep in thoughts that she didn't even notice that Yamato was announcing his marriage with Mimi. But her deep thoughts didn't keep her from having her eyes wide open as she saw a familiar figure standing in the opposite street from the cafeteria in the alley, half hidden. Her eyes couldn't believe that she was really seeing him. He couldn't possible be following her, or could he?

Her fear increased and she could not hid it as her face turned into a very panicked one. Taichi eyed her concerned. Her eyes turning from a warm welcome crimson to a cold fearing blood tone as she eyes something in the streets. He tried to follow her gaze but as he looked he couldn't see anyone or anything for that matter. He placed a hand over her shoulder that made her turn her attention to him.

"Are you okay?" he asked. She tried to speak and her voice failed her as she spoke in a frightened tone that none of Koushiro or Yamato were used to hear for that matter. "Did you… did you saw someone out there in the alley?" she asked turning her gaze to meet his chocolate orbs. He shook his head and a wave of relief spread over Sora's face. `Oh good, it must have been an optic illusion.´ she thought. The friends though continued eyeing her until she returned to the them of their talk. "What were you saying anyway?" she asked pretending to be very interested. This, because deep inside her, she wasn't so sure about that being an optic illusion.

Mimi sat on her chair turned to the large window behind her desk that she had specified to have pink curtains, but still there were no curtains that could take the beauty of what for her was the best season of the year was. She just loved winter and what it carried along with it more properly, she loved to watch how the snow flakes, with the most amazing and beautiful shapes, along with the most original, fell and covered the dark Kyoto city with that white cloak.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door that shook her out of her thoughts. It was a young wannabe policeman that was taking psychological exams to apply to the police academy. She motioned him to sit down in the chair in front of her and she started taking her personal notes as the man talked and answered her decorated words that just slipped out of her mouth without she even giving a thought about it. It was just a normal thing for her to do that.

Her hands travelled fast through the paper as the guy spoke, but Mimi's attention, though, was turned inside her and some decisions she had been forced to make because of it. The guy eyed her confused as she suddenly stopped taking notes and simply stared at the white flakes falling outside. He called her a couple of times but Mimi was just too lost in her own world. He stood up and bent over her desk to slightly touch her in the shoulder. She only then broke from her kind of trance state. She looked at the boy, she could see the words coming out of his mouth but the truth was that she wasn't hearing anything. Then her own voice failed her and she began feeling dizzy as her vision got blurred.

The poor guy in the office only had time to hold her head before she fell off the chair and collapsed to the floor. He put down her head and called for someone. Mimi's secretary didn't take too long. They lied her on the couch of the office and tried to bring her to her senses. Her secretary then went to her purse and retrieved a very strong perfume. Just as she opened the bottle the guy put a hand over his nose, trying to protect himself from the strong smell.

The girl passed the open bottle in front of Mimi's nose a couple of times before she finally began opening her eyes. The secretary immediately put the bottle away again and turned to her superior. "Are you feeling okay?" she asked in her kind voice a little strident just like Mimi's.

Mimi looked around her as she remembered what had happened. She sat and held her head like she was having a major headache. "Yeah, I guess so." She replied still a little dizzy. Meanwhile, the guy had gone to pick a cup of water that he gave her. He also had gone to call Jyou. The chief arrived quite quickly in fact. He excused the secretary and told the young man to come by another time. He closed the office's door and went to Mimi's side.

He stared into her eyes as she stared into his own. "I'm okay, really." She assured him. Jyou simply shook his head. "You must be under a lot of stress lately because of the baby and Yamato…" he sighed and stood turning his gaze away. Mimi watched him. He could be an elder man, but he still was in perfect shape, in fact no one would say he has over ten years then her.

"Maybe you should take a time out, don't you think?" he turned to meet her gaze again. "I call for another psychologist and you take a little break." He said and prepared himself to leave the office. He turned the holder from the door, but just before he left, he turned to her. "That's an order." He informed her and left with his strong authoritarian pace. Mimi sighed in her couch. She was really under a lot of stress. Maybe a vacations would sound that bad.

She stood and picked her pink purse. Then with a sigh and a last look over her desk and then her window, she turned away and left. "Miyuki, cancel all my consults for today." She replied to the secretary. "I'll be away for a week or so." She finished and then walked off.

Yamato stared at Taichi, followed by Koushiro and then again to the subject of his question. "Well, I was kind of wondering if you do me the honour of be my godmother?" he asked a little unsure of what the reply would be. Sora was speechless. Never had she thought that someone might actually ask her something like that. Yamato waited for her answer anxiously, while Taichi and Koushiro watched her reaction.

Sora opened her mouth to speak, but the true was that she didn't know what to say. Well, maybe not quite, she knew she was suppose to say yes, thank you very much, but for more that she would like to say it, she couldn't. How could she possibly be a part of something that she didn't believe in, be a witness of major importance in a marriage. She couldn't, but how to tell Yamato that? She was just starting to be more open with them and she now had a better relationship with both him and Mimi, and she didn't want to ruin that.

She stared right into his eyes as she built the much elaborated speech she wanted to make in her mind. "Yama, I… can't." were the only words that she was able to articulate. He sighed as he looked down to the surface of the table. "I knew you would say no." he replied. Sora looked from him to both of the other to guys not knowing what to say.

"You must understand, Yamato, that I couldn't be a part of something that I don't believe." She replied. He shook his hand to her motioning to forget it. "I know, I know, you don't believe in marriage." He looked at her, his blue eyes trying to get another Sora out of the Sora sitting in front of him. "But think like this: it's just something that Mimi and I are going to do, and you're going to sign the papers and be happy for us to do it, like… I don't know…" he thought for a while, until something came to his mind. "Think of it as a graduation party. You're one of the teachers and you have to be there and give us the diplomas." He replied. Koushiro eyed him a little surprised by such comparison and Taichi smirked.

Sora, though, remained in her state. "I don't know… it would be betraying my believes. Let me think about it, okay?" she asked. Yamato nodded in agreement and the talk quickly turned to something else again, but still in the marriage issue, but now it was Hikari's and Takeru's marriage that was two weeks from now. Nevertheless, Sora didn't pay much attention to it, as she thought it wasn't her business, so she simply started looking out the window again.

The time rushed rather quickly to Sora's point of view and it was already time for the boys to go to work. They paid the bill to Miyako that wide smiled at them as she watched them leave, returning then to Ken's side to another passionate kiss from him.

Meanwhile, outside in the cold day, Sora stood by her car's side, pulling her coat closer to her. Taichi was by her side too and he also pulled his coat closer to him. Koushiro and Yamato said their goodbyes and walked away to Yamato's citröen Ibiza. Taichi watched them enter the car and drive away, like he had asked them and turned his attention to Sora. She was trying to keep her hands warm brushing them against one another.

"Do you want me to accompany home?" he asked sweetly. She smiled. "No, thanks. I would rather go with you, but Jyou is too much into following the doctor's rules." She replied a little upset. Taichi laughed at her statement. She was still the same addicted to the work. "Are you sure? You looked upset inside." He held her by her shoulders. Sora remembered the nightmare she thought it was over and turned her gaze to the alley again, that was as empty as she wished it had been by the time she first look at it, that afternoon.

"No, I'm fine." She replied smiling turning to meet his eyes again. "I think I'm going now. My hands are freezing." Taichi watched her. He wanted to kiss her right then, but he knew that would upset her and he didn't want to rush things, so he contained himself. "You know I will be there when you need to talk, okay?" he asked her more in a way to reassure her that he was by her side no matter what. He threw his arms around her and embraced her. Sora allowed him as she too was enjoying his body against her.

She then entered her car, a black citröen C3 pluriel and drove off. After she had left Taichi walked to his car. As he opened the door, he sighed.

A snow flake near the corner of the street were Miyako's cafeteria was placed, fell right into the hair of a man that stood there leaned against the wall watching as a dark blue Subaru drove away. He smirked mischievously as he picked his camera and took a picture of the car along with its driver. He then quietly placed the machine in a bag that he carried and walked away.

Yamato glared at the lady in the coffee shop's counter as she tried to convince him he had asked for three coffees instead of two, when he knew perfectly that he had only asked two. He was amazed by the old lady's behaviour even in front of a cop. He really considered the idea of putting her during the night in the jail just to teach her lesson, for disrespect for a police officer but he put those thoughts away. That was what Sora would probably do, but then he would have to fill in a lot of paper work and so he simply left the third coffee and walked away with the other two.

Inside the patrol car, Taichi taped his fingers on the steering wheel of impatience. He watched as Yamato walked to him in a very careful pace not to flow the contend of the two cups he carried. He opened him the door with a quick move of his wrist and Yamato finished opening it with his feet. He then sat in his seat and handled Taichi his coffee.

"Man, what took you so long?" Taichi asked slightly irritated. "It was the woman. She was driving me crazy. She stubbornly accused me of asking three coffees when I only asked two. She's crazy, man. Remind me to never come back here again." He complained and took a sip of his coffee. "Huh, and the coffee is bad as well." Taichi said as he opened the car's door and spited the coffee to the street, quickly accompanied by the rest of the coffee. "It's completely burned."

Yamato followed his example by opening the car's door and spit as well the content of his mouth. Just then the car's communicator started transmitting. "Central calls car 1726, come in, car 1726. Over." The man from the other side called. Taichi picked the communicator. "Car 1726 here, what's the situation? Over." "We have a dumped body, coordinates being sent to your GPS. Over." "Okay, we're on our way. Over and out." Taichi replied. He looked at Yamato and grinned. "Seems like we have action finally." He replied.

The blond looked at him with a disgusted look. "Action? You must be kidding. It's a death body." Yamato stated. "Man, you would make a better partner to Sora." He laughed mocking Taichi. The brown haired launched him a deathly look and resumed the conversation as he started driving to the coordinates.

"By the way, you two have been acting closer lately." Yamato playfully hit him in the shoulder. "Do you want to tell me anything?" he asked. Taichi simply ignored his question and continued driving cautiously but fast. The first hours were the most important in case of murder. The proves are fresh and there are less ways that they might be forged or disappear. Besides, the much time it passes, the much time the murder has to run away.

"Oh, c'mon, I know you since you were a little pissing brat." Yamato insisted. "And you and Sora weren't so good friends before you saved her." Taichi continued silent. "What happened? Did you sleep with her?" Taichi's cheeks turned red as he thought about sleeping, in the more perverted way, with her. Yamato caught it and he opened his mouth immediately taking the wrong conclusions. "You did. Oh man, that is truly a great advance." He replied. Taichi though couldn't let him think that, because the rumour would spread and eventually would get to Sora's ears and she would be mad as hell since that wasn't truth.

"No, you got it all wrong. I didn't sleep, sleep with her." He cleared the issue. "Than what happened?" Yamato curiosity was taking over him and he only noticed it too late. `Damn, I'm really starting to sound like Mimi.´ he alerted himself. "Well…" Taichi started. "I spent the night in her house, but we didn't do anything, not even kissed okay?" he turned to meet Yamato's eyes. The blond nodded in assurance that he had understood the tip. But then a naughty smile spread along his face.

"Not, that you didn't want something to happen, right?" he replied. Taichi stared at him, feeling his cheeks growing redder than a tomato. Yamato laughed giving him the look I knew it. The brown haired got slightly irritated. "Oh, stop it already. I'm a man, she's a woman… and a good looking one for that matter… of course I would like something else to happen but it didn't. And right now I'm happy to have her trust and friendship, so shut the fuck up already." He shouted. Yamato stayed quite but he couldn't help to smirk as he thought how cute Taichi and Sora would look together since they had pretty much look alike behaviour. In a word, they were meant to each other, what it led him to another question. Were he and Mimi destined to e with each other?

He didn't have much time to think about it, though, cause they had finally reached the place were the body was. He jumped out of the car and walked towards the body set, were several cops were already taking pictures and collecting proves. He looked around and spotted Takeru taking off his gloves and throwing them into his bag. "Hey Takeru?!" he called. The younger blond turned to see who was calling him and went to meet his brother and Taichi.

"So, what's up doc?" Taichi replied in a funny way, trying to copy bugs bunny. "Very nasty thing of you ask me." Takeru replied. "No doubt about being a murder, but it wasn't simple kill. The person who did it wanted to make his victim suffer and he knew just how. The rest, I think you can see for yourselves. The hour of the dead was approximately between twenty three and midnight. Anyway I would like to go home now, that guy over there has my report…" he motioned to an elder man reading some papers. "… and more details only…" "…after the autopsy." Both Taichi and Yamato completed.

Takeru yawned. "Well, then I'm going home." He walked off. Taichi walked to the body set while Yamato went to ask the report to the elder cop. Takeru was right about saying that had been a nasty thing. The floor was covered in blood like in most murders, but the body wasn't on the floor. A young girl about eighteen was tied by her wrists to the ceiling. Taichi watched the horror scene. Takeru was also right when he said that the victim had suffered. There were several cuts over her entire body. Her right foot had been torn all around and her finger had been cut. By Taichi's experience in murders and criminal psychology, he would make the wild guess that the criminal had left her to bleed to death.

"What do we know about this girl?" he asked for no one in particular. It was Yamato that replied him as he read from a sheet the data of the victim. "Sonoko Suzuki, nineteen years, single, student in the Arts University, born in Uji." He resumed. Taichi started making possible plots. Revenge and jealousy were two off the possible scenarios. They would have to investigate her friends, her parents, her relationships with them and all her personal life. But for another wild guess, he thought that that wasn't an isolated murder. It was just too professional. Maybe she was just a victim of the rage of someone that had nothing to do with her. Chosen by fortune.

He turned to Yamato that was also inspecting the set. It had nothing out of ordinary. It was just another abandoned building used for another murder. "What do you think?" the brown haired asked. Te blond thought for a while. "It looks too professional to be some angry boyfriend, but it shows much rage. Maybe she was just unlucky and was passing by the wrong place at the wrong time." He concluded. Taichi nodded in agreement. "That's exactly what I think."

The body was put down over the floor and Taichi took a pair of gloves and started searching for some vestiges. The girl had marks on her neck, but they weren't deep enough for a cause of death by asphyxiation. They might have been caused for an approximation from behind. He noticed that they were small though. He called Yamato and grabbed him by his neck. Then he watched as the marks made by his fingers disappeared. The blond just looked at him surprised. "Hmm, interesting." Yamato walked away again.

Taichi turned his attention back to the dead body of Sonoko. Her clothes were completely intact, covered with blood but intact. That is except for the back of her shirt that was torn in the back. In his logical mind he imagined someone grabbing the girl's neck from behind and pulling her shirt strongly so it torn. There was also a thread of dry blood that came from her forehead to the right side of her head, where a considerably severe wound was. Her wrist were, of course, marked with the rope that held her, but besides that there were also some ancient wounds caused also by a rope that indicated a more long stay that Taichi had thought in the beginning in the possession of the criminal.

"Hey, you there." Taichi called one of the younger cops. "Have you searched if she was in the list of missing people?" the boy shook his head. "No detective. Do you want us to do it now?" the boy asked. Taichi nodded and the boy quickly disappeared towards a computer in one of the police vans.

Yamato then came to Taichi with the reply and some more information. "She isn't in the missing list and her parents died in Uji last year. She has a brother Tatsuo Suzuki…" Yamato handed Taichi another sheet. "…we're trying to contact him, but it's two in the morning so…" he stated. The blond had a point there. "Well, I guess there's nothing more we can do here. Tomorrow we start investigating her friend and knowing." He replied and yawned. "Right now, I'll say we go back to our patrol and finish the shift."

With that last statement, both Taichi and Yamato left the murder set towards their patrol car and drove off.