Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ First Crush ❯ Heartbroken ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

First Crush Part 2

Heartbreak

Suzie was happy with everyone's opinions on the cookies. As she walked home, she remembered seeing Kazu, bare-chested, playing air guitar, singing in his hairbrush and jumping around on the sofa. She grinned lightly. What was it about Kazu? He was gorgeous, carefree and knew how to have a fun time. She shook her head.

'Why am I thinking about Kazu?' she demanded herself mentally, 'Sure he's cute and really cool, but I'm madly in love with Chip, for heaven's sakes!' Now thinking of chip, she smiled. 'Oh Chip…tomorrow…tomorrow.' Her hand located on the doorknob and she walked in, facing an angry Henry.

"Where've you been?" he demanded.

"I just told you, Henry," she said, brushing past him, "I went to all your friends so I can get their opinions on my cookies."

"I already told you they taste fine!" he shouted.

"And so did everyone else," she said and went to her room. "Thanks!" she fell upon her bed and reached her hands behind her head. "Tomorrow Chip," she whispered to herself. "Tomorrow."

When the rest of her family came and were seated for dinner, she passed around cookies for their opinions. Just like Henry's and his friends had said, they tasted fine, just like a cookie should taste like. This gave her the confidence she needed to hand them to Chip. After dinner, she dressed for bed and pulled the covers up to her chin. Lopmon jumped upon her bed and curled up at her feet. That night, Suzie dreamed a wonderful, sweet dream.

****

"Here Chip," Suzie said, trying not to let her voice waver as she held up the plate of cookies with the note attached to it, her hands a bit clammy. "I have these cookies for you."

"Oh, Suzie, you shouldn't have." Chip said with a small smile.

'He called me Suzie!' she cried in her head.

He read the note as he bit into a cookie. "These are good."

"Thank you."

When he finished the note, his hand shook and nearly dropped the plate.

"Chip what's the matter?" she asked.

Chip put the plate aside and came over to her, pointing to what she wrote. "Is this true?" he asked. "You really do have a crush on me?"

"Yes," she replied, feeling the warmth come to her cheeks.

"What a crazy coincidence," he said.

"What do you mean?" Suzie asked softly.

Chip chuckled and scratched his cheek, "Because, I uh, have a crush on you too."

"You do?"

"Yeah, I just, well, never got the nerve to tell you," he said shrugging, "and I'm so busy with soccer and everything."

Suzie blinked and came forward, "Oh, wonderful! Chip!"

"Suzie…"

Chip opened up his arms and Suzie walked into them. They sighed breathlessly. It seemed so real, that she could actually feel his fingers stroking her hair.

****

"Oh, Chip…I love you!" she mumbled in her sleep.

Lopmon reared her bunny digimon head, "what's she saying? Ohhh…"

Suzie's alarm woke her up and Lopmon. Lopmon jumped up and looked around.

"I hate that alarm," she muttered.

Suzie sat up straight in bed and stretched her arms. "Oh, I had such a wonderful dream, Lopmon!"

"I wouldn't doubt that," Lopmon said.

Suzie chuckled and picked up her digimon as she swung her around, "I have a good feeling that everything will work out just as I hoped. Otherwise, I wouldn't have had such a good dream! I'm so excited!" she squeezed Lopmon.

"I'm happy for you," Lopmon gasped, trying to breathe. "Can you please let me go?"

"Sorry, Lopmon," Suzie said, setting her down. "I'm just so excited!" she showered and got dressed quickly. She had a little fit trying to fix her magenta colored that was now chin length just how she wanted it. "Oh, dang…" she said, combing her hair, "not pretty enough!"

"It looks pretty to me," Lopmon said.

"I want to look perfect for Chip," she said, "That's why I'm wearing my best dress for school. See?" she flaunted her pretty pink dress. She sighed and looked in her mirror. "Now if I can only do something with my hair.

"How about that hair clip?" Lopmon suggested. "It sure is pretty."

"It is," Suzie said, taking the white clip and putting it on the left side of her head.

"Suzie, honey, breakfast," her mother said, opening the door. "Oh, don't you look pretty today!"

"Thanks, mom!" Suzie mumbled. "I'll be right there."

She closed the door and Suzie took another look in the mirror before going to eat her breakfast. "Hmm, Chip wouldn't be able to resist me," she whispered to her reflection. "No way."

She walked into the kitchen and ate her breakfast. Henry, wearing his school uniform and trying to fix his tie at the same time, walked out.

"Stupid tie…" he muttered, "Dad! Dad! I'm having trouble with my tie again!"

Suzie giggled in her toast.

"What's so funny?" Henry demanded, turning his head to his little sister. He gasped, "Suzie!! Why are you all dressed up for?"

"Well, I thought I'd take the advantage to wear whatever I want to school while I still can," Suzie grinned. "I'm so glad that I don't have to wear one of those silly outfits!" She continued to eat her toast.

"Just wait until you get into high school," Henry said, messing with his tie. "Dad!"

"Your father has already left for work, Henry," his mother said. "Here, let me help you." She started to tie his tie correctly. "I don't understand why you haven't had the hang of it yet and the school year is almost over."

Henry groaned, "I hate wearing ties."

"There now," she said, patting his tie. "Now eat your breakfast."

As Henry began his breakfast, Suzie finished and went to the bathroom. She stopped and looked over her shoulder. "Momentai Henry! Momentai!" She giggled as she the bathroom. Henry grumbled and nearly destroyed his toast.

Suzie brushed her teeth for about five minutes, eager to get all the plaque off her teeth and freshen her breath just in case Chip was going to give her a kiss. In fact, she was certain of it. She felt so good. No way was he going to let her down. The cookies were delicious, everyone who had one told her so. She wrote a heart-felt note and she was dressed her best. After brushing her teeth, she smiled in the mirror and put on some shiny lip-gloss. She went back in her room to grab her backpack and picked up the plate of cookies she planned to give to Chip. Her mom put her sack lunch in her backpack and kissed her forehead. Even as a preteen girl, she even treated her as a seven-year-old.

"Have fun, dear!"

"Thanks mom!" she chirped back. "Have a nice day!" She walked out of the door and Henry hurried out of his room.

"Hurry up, young man!" his mother said. "You'll be late! What is that you have on your face?"

"Mo-om!" Henry groaned. "Ohhhh."

****

'All right, I can do this,' Suzie thought, walking to school. 'Momentai, Suzie, momentaimementamomentamomentai!'

She took in a deep breath to calm herself. She had to keep her cool. She stopped at a corner and took the note from a small compartment in her backpack and taped it to the plastic wrap covering her plate. 'This has to work,' she told herself quietly, 'or I'll, or I'll just die!' Calming herself, she started to strut. "It will be all right." She told herself. "It will be just fine."

She continued her route to school and then she turned the corner and she heard voices. She saw him. But he wasn't alone. There behind the bleachers, Chip was with a girl from a different class. Some girl she didn't know, but she looked really pretty, way more pretty than Suzie. She was the cheerleader type and she was wearing a red and white cheerleading outfit.

"I'll be routing for you, Chip," the girl giggled. She had long, lustrous blond hair that fell around her bottom and big blue eyes. That wasn't the only part of her body that was big. She had a big chest and she shook it in front of Chip's face. She was probably just 13 and already she must be a 34D. She had on a lot of makeup and her lips were deep read. She had a perfect hourglass figure.

"Thanks, Millie," Chip said, leaning close to her. "Then after the game we can, you know, hang out." He winked at his girlfriend.

"Sounds wonderful, Chip," she said, grinning.

The flirting was making Suzie sick to her stomach, but she somehow couldn't bring herself to leave yet. She was still shocked and trying to figure it out. She looked down at her flat chest. No wonder Chip ever paid attention to her. She had nothing to flaunt. She didn't have long blond hair. She wasn't tall or a cheerleader. She was a petite, flat-chested, naïve little girl. Suzie, in her mind, was pathetic next to the other girl. Pathetic. There was no other word for it.

'No, it wasn't supposed to happen this way,' Suzie thought, watching Chip, her Chip, the one she loved more anything, now putting his arms around the girl's waist. 'No fair. It's not right. How come I haven't seen them together before?' Suzie thought she should interrupt, but what could she say? And what would it matter anyway? Suzie was absolutely nothing to Chip. Nothing. Suzie would just feel like a bigger fool than she already was.

"Have I ever told you how sexy you look?" Chip asked Millie, his hand dropping to her tight butt.

"Oh, I'm sure you have but you're welcome to remind me," Millie said, pulling her hands up on the inside of his shirt. "And you are so hot and--"

Finally Suzie got a hold of herself and left before anything else happened. "No, no," she mumbled to herself, feeling tears well up in her eyes. "It wasn't supposed to be this way!" She ripped the note, the note in which she poured her heart and soul into right in the trash but held onto the plate of cookies. She was disoriented but was able to find her class. One of her classmates noticed her looking upset and asked what was wrong.

"Suzie, are you okay?" she asked. "Are you sick?"

"I'll be okay." Suzie lied.

"What's with the cookies?"

"They're um, for Miss Kusanagi."

"Oh."

Suzie put down the plate of cookies originally for Chip down on Miss Kusanagi's desk. It just wasn't right. They were for Chip. He was supposed to be enjoying them now and reading that note. She was supposed be in his arms, not that bimbo, yet that beautiful, pre-developed bimbo.

'Why do I have to be so plain? So homely? So ugly?' Suzie thought pathetically as she got to her desk. 'How come Chip never noticed me?' she looked around the room as the other students walked in. 'And the other boys? None of them care of No-Chest-Suzie'

Miss Kusanagi walked in and saw the plate of cookies on her desk. "Ah, who are the cookies from?"

Suzie left her moment of melancholy for a moment. "I did, ma'am."

"Oh, who, thank you, Suzie." She said. "How nice of you."

Suzie smiled a fake smile and looked at her desk. 'Yeah, I'm nice and sweet but guys don't care about that, do they? All they care about is a girl's chest. They care more about their looks than their brains. It doesn't add up.'

Suzie just wanted to crawl in a hole and die. She wanted to cry her eyes out. She wanted to yell at Chip or give that bimbo girlfriend of his a piece of her mind.

Chip strutted in as if he were all that. He sat down in his seat, his shirt ruffled and a dark red lip print on his cheek.

Now looking at him, Suzie wanted to throw up. She didn't want to daydream nice thoughts about him; she just couldn't anymore. She once was able to sit and stare at him hours on end. It hurt to see him. She just couldn't stand it any longer.

'He thinks he's all that,' Suzie thought. 'He makes me sick!'

Sitting through class was torture but she got through okay. For once she focused on the lesson and not on Chip's head. When class was over, she left quickly, not without giving Chip the most deadly, unforgiving glare imaginable. Chip looked back at her, somewhat confused. Suzie never thought she'd have to use this glare on anyone, especially Chip.

When lunchtime came, Suzie had no desire to eat. She sat in the cafeteria, with her lunch sack sitting in front of her and as she reached in, she stopped. She wasn't hungry. She wasn't feeling hunger right now. She was feeling resentment, anger, and self-pity. What was the point to eating? There was no way she could eat now. If she was hungry, she wasn't hungry for food, but for attention. Attention from Chip--attention he'd never give her. No boy would pay attention to her now, not the way she was. She just wasn't 'perfect' enough. Suzie grabbed her lunch and threw it away.

She shook her head and walked through the halls and away from the school.

"Why, Chip?" she muttered to herself, "Why? How could you do this to me when all I ever did was love you?"

Suzie walked down the sidewalk and she saw someone familiar riding a bike. It was Jeri. She had on a backpack and she too was on her way home from High School. Jeri hurried on her way home from the High School to the Junior High School to see Suzie. She didn't even hang around to talk to Takato.

"Hi, Suzie!"

"Jeri, uh, hey." Suzie groaned. She wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone. Even Jeri.

Jeri however rode along aside her.

"So, how did it go?" Jeri asked, "I'm dying to know."

"What?"

"You know, the cookies, your crush--"

"Oh, wouldn't you like to know," Suzie muttered.

"Excuse me?" Jeri stopped her bike. "You okay?"

"No, I'm not okay."

"Suzie, what's wrong?"

"Chip has a girlfriend, all right?" Suzie snapped. "I saw him with another girl, so get off my back!"

Jeri frowned, "Oh, Suzie, I'm so sorry."

"Oh, shove it," Suzie hissed.

"What?"

"Don't act like you're sorry," Suzie said. "When you're really not."

"But I am sorry."

"No you're not! You don't have any idea how I feel!"

"Sure I do," Jeri whispered.

"You lie! Your crush likes you back!"

"I don't understand."

"OH, don't play dumb with me, Jeri," Suzie yelled. "I'm talking about Takato. He likes you, even if you are flat!"

"What?!" Jeri cried, putting her arms in front of her. "Now hold on for a minute!"

"But your chest is bigger than mine," Suzie said, "I'm flat as a pancake!"

"I'm 3 years older than you, Suzie, of course you're flat. But what does this have to do with anything?"

"The girl I saw Chip with is…very pretty! She looks like a model!"

"And you're mad at anyone with a chest?" Jeri asked. "But I'm your friend, Suzie. You can talk to me."

"Oh, leave me alone!" Suzie yelled. "I don't want to talk to you. My crush doesn't even know I exist, but yours does! So why don't you go find Takato and go have some fun? I know that you're just dying to!"

"What are you talking about?" Jeri asked, "I don't have a crush on Takato."

"Don't lie to me! I know you do!"

"Takato and I are good friends," Jeri said, "That's all."

"Oh, give me a break," Suzie rolled her eyes.

"I understand you're hurting but--" Jeri began.

"Shove it!" Suzie shouted. "Don't touch me! I know you're just going to try to make me feel better but it won't work, understand? I don't care what you or your stupid sock puppet has to say so just leave me alone!"

"But I donated that old sock puppet," Jeri said.

"Oh." Suzie groaned and walked away. Jeri sighed, watching her go.

Jeri looked at her hand, "She's not very happy, is she?"

Jeri moved her hand as if she still had on her sock puppet and said something out of the corner of her mouth, "She'll be okay!" Jeri shook her head and put both hands on the handlebars. 'I hope so…Poor Suzie.'

TBC