Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ First Crush ❯ Date This Way ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

First Crush 5

Date This Way

Disclaimer: I do not own Digimon.

"So, I heard you took Suzie on a date Saturday night," Kazu said to Kenta as he stopped at his locker. "Did you get her back by curfew?"

"Of course I did, Kazu," Kenta mumbled. "I had some homework to finish. I only went with her because Henry told me she got her feelings hurt from some guy named Chip."

"That stinks. I should talk to this guy."

"He was at the theatre on our date," Kenta said, closing his locker. "And he was making out with his girlfriend the whole time."

"Speaking of which," Kazu grinned, "did you get any sugar?"

"No and yes," Kenta said, "I didn't kiss her but I did have some ice cream. I gonna get you Kazu for telling Suzie I'm allergic to sugar!"

"Can't you take a joke?" Kazu questioned.

Kenta rolled his eyes, "anyway, I think Henry should've asked you to take Suzie out. I know I probably blew it."

"You're an amateur when it comes to girls." Kazu said, "I'm surprised Henry isn't showing you his kung fu.

"I don't think I was that bad."

"I'll show you how it's done," Kazu told him, "I'm the man."

"Quit bragging, Kazu," Kenta muttered.

"Not bragging. Just telling you how it is. Leave it to a pro. What did you guys do anyway? Saw a movie?"

"Yeah."

"What kind of movie?"

"It was a romantic comedy."

"You block head!" Kazu grunted, smacking him in the head. "If a girl got her feelings hurt, she wouldn't want to watch a romance!"

"Suzie said she wanted to watch it."

"Oh, baloney! She probably said that but that's not what she needs. You take them to a thriller so when she gets scared she takes your hand. If it was just comedy, then okay. Suzie needs to laugh at someone and you don't want to be the one! I bet the movie even made you cry."

"It did."

Kazu chuckled, "Gee, Chumly, she probably doesn't want to go on a date with you again."

"Well, maybe…"

"I'll ask Suzie out today and we'll have a blast."

"Where you going to take her?"

"I'm not sure yet, but I'm definitely not taking her to see a sappy love story movie!" Kazu crossed his arms. "Maybe we'll play miniature golf."

"Miniature golf? That's so boring!"

"Oh, you'd like to think that, don't you?" he asked, "Sure, it's boring when you play it yourself or with your parents, but when you have a girl with you, it can get pretty interesting."

"I hope Suzie knocks you out with her club!" Kenta asked.

"Oh, you want to make a bet then?"

"No way!" he asked, "I remember all too well about the last time I made a bet with you!"

"Fine, fine," Kazu said, "be that way. Talk to you later, chumly." Kazu turned and walked way.

****

Suzie put her head on her desk thinking back to her date with Kenta. He was sweet and tried to make her feel better. When Chip and Millie were making out in front of them and Kenta took her away from there, that was good of him. She wasn't sure if she could watch them any longer. He listened to her talk and brought her to a different environment to get her mind off of Chip and Millie. He seemed to like her, so why didn't he kiss her goodnight? Could he smell her breath? She was chewing gum so he wouldn't smell her vomit-breath after she threw up. She came prepared for a goodnight kiss. Maybe she was making too much of it. Some girls don't kiss on the first date and some girls go all the way. Suzie just wanted a little kiss. A peck on the cheek would've been fine. But all she got was--she sighed as her memory went back--to how they said goodnight.

"I appreciate you taking me out tonight, Kenta," Suzie said. "I had a good time."

"Me too, Suzie," Kenta said.

Suzie smiled and closed her eyes, expecting a kiss. But Kenta wanted to be a gentleman and he patted her shoulder. "Um, goodnight, Suzie."

"Huh?" she opened her eyes in surprise. "Oh, goodnight."

A pat on a shoulder was all she received. She looked at her shoulder. What kind of way of saying goodnight was that? He was trying to be a gentleman; he even stood up when she had to go to the bathroom. That was proper 'dinner' etiquette. Couldn't he at least do more to let her know she was special? She always thought Kenta was a nice guy and now he wasn't any better than Chip. Well maybe, now Suzie wasn't thinking straight. Kenta knew that Chip hurt her feelings; surely he would've done something.

"I hope I never go on a date again." She muttered and the last bell rang for the school day. "They only date I've got is with books." She stood up and sauntered to her locker, which she shared with Ai. When she opened the locker, she heard a scream. "What the?"

Ai came running to Suzie. "Suzie! Suzie! Guess what happened?"

Suzie bared her teeth in a sneer. Chip came to her mind. It was bad enough he broke her heart but if he injured her best friend, there would be hell to pay. Then she had a realization, Ai wasn't interested at all in Chip.

"Ai, what's the matter?" Suzie queried when Suzie came to her locker. "Everything okay?"

"Is everything okay? Is everything okay?!" Ai laughed. "Masahiko Katou asked me out tonight!"

"Oh, Jeri's younger half brother?" Suzie asked, "Wow, that's cool. I knew you've always had a thing for him."

"Maybe you and Kenta can come with us," Ai said. "We can make it a double date. I'm sure Masahiko won't mind."

"What are you talking about?" Suzie demanded, getting the rest of the books she needed for her homework. "Me and Kenta?"

"You said he took you the movies last weekend earlier today, remember?" Ai squatted down for her stuff.

"Oh, right," Suzie sighed. Her bulimia made her forgetful sometimes. All she really thought about was how much Chip hurt her and food. Suzie was obsessed. "But that doesn't mean we're together. He just asked me out. I don't think he likes me al that much."

"Oh? Then why would he ask you out?"

"Come on, Kenta? He's older than us and he doesn't date a lot. I'm not sure he dates at all. I think this date was some bet he made with Kazu."

"Kenta wouldn't do something like that," Ai said.

"Sure he would. He's a guy, isn't he? All guys are jerks. He didn't kiss me goodnight."

"So, it was the first date." Ai said, "and it's a gentlemanly thing to do not to kiss on the first date. And I know some guys are jerks, but they're not all like Chip. Kenta's really sweet."

"Oh yeah, just like Impmon?" Suzie cracked.

"Yeah, like Impmon," Ai said, folding her arms, "I'm sure there was a time when you did like Impmon. Just once!"

"He tried to kill the others and I in the digital world," Suzie grumbled.

"He wouldn't if I were there," Ai said. "I really should have too. But what about after that?"

Suzie sighed and remembered the time she saw Beezlemon and Calumon become sucked into the D-Reaper. She got scared for them and rushed to tell everyone about it. Suzie shrugged, "okay, maybe one time buut--"

"See, maybe Impmon was a jerk at one time, but people change you know. Digimon too." Ai closed the door. "Well, anyway, I think you should come with us anyway."

"And be the third wheel? No thanks."

"You can go with my brother Mako," Ai suggested, "I know he's a little bit of a--well, brat but--"

"It's okay, Ai," Suzie said as she put on her backpack. "You and Masahiko have a fun time. Later."

"Uh, bye," Ai whispered after her best friend. She felt a horrible feeling, as if Suzie was hiding something from her. But what? They were best friends. They told each other everything. Ai shrugged it off, thinking it was nothing. Suzie probably was just trying to get over Chip. It couldn't be anything serious. She stood there for a while until Mako came over to her.

"Hey, Ai, let's go!" he said. "I made a present for Impmon in wood class! I can't wait to show it to him."

"Okay!"

****

When Ai came home with her brother Mako, their digital partner welcomed them. "Hi guys!" Impmon greeted. "How as your day at the prison?"

Ai giggled. Impmon always asked that when they came home from school.

"Impmon, I made you something," Mako said and sat down on the sofa.

"Ah, you know you don't have to do that," Impmon said. He jumped up beside his partner, "what did you get me?"

Mako reached in his bag and pulled out a wooden Beezlemon. "Took me a while, but I got done. You can put it up with all your digivolution."

"Wow, Mako, now we've got the whole set!" Ai exclaimed.

"Thanks, Mako," Impmon said with a blush. "So what happened at school today?"

"Ai got asked out on a date," Mako blurted.

"What?!" Impmon exclaimed. "What does that mean?"

"Mako!" Ai screeched. "How did you find out?"

"Masahiko told me," he told her.

"A date?" Impmon's eyes grew concerned. "Exactly, what is a date?"

"Well, Impmon, a human boy, that's Masahiko, comes over here to see Ai and he takes her somewhere."

"Who is this guy?" Impmon demanded quickly. "Where does he live? I demand to know everything about him!"

Ai smiled, "oh my goodness, Impmon, are you jealous?"

"Jealous? No! Of course not!" he folded his arms and held his face up in an 'I-don't-care-manner'. "Why should I be jealous?"

"Don't worry, Impmon," Ai said, patting Impmon's head, "you'll always be my number one guy!"

"I'd better be!" Impmon muttered.

*****

There was a knock on the door at the Wong's residence and everyone seemed too preoccupied to open it. Sitting in the living room while watching TV and doing homework at the same time, Suzie was the only one close to it. She sighed and moseyed on to the door as there was another knock.

"Yeah, I'm coming, I'm coming," she opened the door, "What?"

"Do you answer the door this way all the time, Miss Wong?" asked a pony-tailed, sunglass wearing, sexy and hot, hot, Kazu. He pulled on his sunglasses and winked at her. Suzie gulped. He had the most gorgeous blue eyes. He was wearing a blue tucked in T-shirt with a pair of jeans.

"K-Kazu, I'm sorry," she said, "had a bad day."

"Well, I'm here to make it better."

"Oh?"

"Come on, babe," he said, "I'm going to treat you to some mini golf!"

"But I got homework and--"

"Would you rather spend the day doing boring homework," he asked, leaning forward, "or do something wild?"

"Playing mini golf?" she asked. "Wild?"

"It is when I play!" He winked.

Suzie turned to mush. "Just a moment," she went to the kitchen and left a message on the counter.

Everyone,

I'm at the mini golf course with Kazu. Be home soon. Suzie.

After writing her note, she went to her room to brush her hair, applied some lip gloss, change into a more flattering outfit, brush her teeth, grabbed some gum and met Kazu at the door again.

"'Kay, I'm ready."

Kazu took one look at her and wolf-whistled. "Hey, when did you get that little number?"

Suzie looked down at her black spandex pants and pink tank top. She looked like she was going on a run instead of out on a date. She recently purchased a water pushup bra to make her look more attractive.

"You like?"

"Heck yeah," he said, taking her hand. "Now let's go have some fun, huh?"

"Sure," Suzie breathed, closing the door behind her.

What was it about Kazu that made her so weak in the knees? She never felt this way about Chip. Kazu made her forget all about him. Was it his voice? His hot looks? His attitude? Whatever it was, it was making Suzie feel better. She forgot about her telling herself she hoped she'd never go on a date.

****

"Hi, Masahiko," Ai said as she came up to the door. She didn't know that Impmon was peeking around the corner.

"Hi, Ai," he said. "Ready to go?"

"So this is Masahiko," Impmon whispered.

"Yup, bye Mom, Dad!" Ai said.

"Bye honey," her mom said and her dad just nodded.

Ai and Masahiko walked out of the apartment. Impmon groaned. 'Why didn't Ai take her backpack with her? I could've hid inside it so she could take me to wherever she's going!' he went to Mako's room. "Mako, where's Ai going on her date?"

"Oh, they're going to the miniature golf course," Mako replied.

"Mini golf?"

"Yup."

"Can we come too?"

"No, Impmon. You can stay and help me do my homework!"

"Mako!" Impmon gasped.

"I'm kidding, I already did my homework." Mako said. "How about TV?"

"Okay."

"Just because Ai is out having fun doesn't mean we can't have fun too!" he turned on the television and there was a news program on.

"Another account of date rape--" the news reporter began.

"Uh, Mako, what's 'date rape?' Impmon asked.

"Well, Impmon, it's, uh, well," Mako began nervously.

"--The young woman is in hospital with minor injuries--"

"Date rape isn't a good thing, is it?" Impmon questioned.

"Well, date rape is when a girl and a guy go on a date and the guy tries to get the girl to do something she doesn't want to do."

"Mako! Ai is out on a date!" Impmon cried, "How could you let her go? What kind of brother are you! I got to go save her!" Impmon jumped up.

"No, Impmon! Date rape is just when a girl gets raped from someone she knows!"

"Ai could be in trouble!"

"Masahiko's not that kinda guy!" Mako insisted, "He's my best friend. Now let's just forget about this and watch a different program, okay?" He switched the channel to a funny sitcom. "Now this is better."

Impmon sat back down, maybe Mako was right, but Impmon felt rather uncomfortable staying when Ai was out on a date.

****

Suzie and Kazu arrived at the miniture golf course around the same time Masahiko and Ai did. As they finished paying for their passes and went to pick out their clubs and balls, Suzie noticed the couple in front of them.

"Ai?"

Ai turned around, "Suzie! Hey, what are you doing here?"

"Well, Kazu came over and--" she said.

"Mini golf's always been a little hobby of mine." Kazu said, "except for playing the card game and being an awesome tamer of course." He laughed, "too bad Gardmon isn't a good putter…"

"You want to hang with us?" Ai asked.

"Um…" Suzie said.

"Sure!" Kazu exclaimed. "Mini golf's always more fun when you're in a group."

"Yeah," Masahiko agreed with a smile as he pulled out a club and picked out a ball. "Maybe you can give me a few pointers." Masahiko nodded at Kazu and Kazu nodded back. Obviously, Masahiko wanted a little more than just pointers about miniature golf. He liked Ai but wasn't sure how to talk and act around her without sounding like a dork, perv or jerk or all of the above. Kazu was just so cool and knew what to say and when to say it.

As Suzie was trying to pick out a club, Kazu walked up behind her. "No, Suzie-baby, not that one."

"Huh?" She looked up at him in surprise. 'What did he just say?'

"It's too big," he said, taking the club away and getting a club two sizes smaller. "See, you need one big enough to swing." He held it in her hands while his palms rested over the back of her hands. "Isn't this one better?"

Suzie blushed big time. She wasn't sure what he was doing or how he was doing it, but she liked it. Grinning like a monkey, she picked up a pink ball.

"Thaaanks," she sighed.

Kazu picked up a club. "How about some golf?"

Suzie wouldn't consider mini golf a fun date, but if your date was Kazu, you could be sure it would be a lot of fun. She liked how he came up behind her and swung with her to give her the feel of the swing. He wasn't just gentle but also a little exciting. He smelt so good and Suzie almost melted everytime he came within a foot of her. There was nothing that could ruin this date, until--they came to the thirteenth hole and it was Ai's turn to putt. She was doing a pretty well job so far.

Ai planted her feet firmly on the ground and took a few glances at the hole.

"You can do it, Ai," Suzie said.

"Yeah, just…keep your eye on the ball." Masahiko mumbled and glanced at Kazu. Masahiko wasn't brave enough to 'teach' Ai the way Kazu taught Suzie.

Ai putted and her ball went through up the ramp, past the giant clowns mouth which had one of the teeth missing for the ball to go through and she heard a quite loud and painful

"OUCH!"

"Did you guys hear that?" Ai ran up to the hole and looked inside. "Hello?"

"Hi, Ai," said a quiet voice.

"Impmon?"

An Impmon with a bump on his head walked out of the hole with his eyes on the ground.

"Impmon, what are you doing here?" Ai questioned.

"I was…um…worried about you, that's all." Impmon mumbled.

"Worried, why?"

"I thought…something would happen tonight at your date…something you wouldn't want to happen and I just wanted to see if that something wouldn't happen."

Ai could've scolded her digimon for showing up and peaking through the holes. She could've told him to go right home. But instead, she picked him up in her arms and kissed the bump in his head.

"If that something was hitting your head with the golf ball," she began, "I didn't mean to do that."

Masahiko looked like he wasn't sure what to do. He stood still, holding his club. Finally he said, "Uh, you still wanna play?"

"Well," Ai said.

"I didn't mean to ruin your date, Ai," Impmon mumbled. "I'll just go home."

"Don't be silly."

Impmon jumped out of her arms and turned around. "I'll be waiting for you. Enjoy the rest of your date." Impmon slowly walked away.

Suzie stepped up next to her friend. "What was that all about?"

"Impmon was just being Impmon," she replied.

They continued the game and had some hot dogs and soda afterwards. After Suzie finished chewing down her food, she wasn't sure whether to throw up now or until she got home. She didn't want to miss a minute of Kazu. The way he talked to her, she almost didn't want to throw up. But if she wanted him to take her out again, she has to keep herself looking beautiful, or he wouldn't like her anymore.

After laughing at all his jokes and Masahiko already left to talk Ai home, Suzie decided to call it a night.

"I better get home," she said, "before I'm grounded. I'm surprised Lopmon didn't come see if I was okay too!"

"Yeah, the place is about to close," Kazu agreed, standing up and taking her arm. Suzie put a stick of gum in her mouth and offered Kazu a piece. He took it but didn't put it in his mouth. Half way to her home, Kazu decided to ask a personal matter. "Heard you and Kenta went to the movies Saturday."

"Yeah, we did," Suzie mumbled.

"Wasn't how you expected it, was it?" he asked.

"No, not really," she replied.

There was a silence. Kazu nudged her. "Well, care to share?"

"I didn't really want to go on a date. Didn't expect to because--"

"Of Chip?"

"How did you know?" she asked.

"Because Kenta told me that he was there at the movies. Had a crush on him and he didn't feel the same way, huh?"

"No. He's dating some Millie girl."

"Millie?" Kazu asked, he seemed surprised.

"You know her?" Suzie almost screamed.

"Yeah. I know her…a little. She was held back a grade, you know."

"Did she and you date much?"

"Well, I hung out with her at this game, but she was all looks and no personality. She has the most irritating, annoying laugh!"

Suzie nodded. She could remember all too well.

"Anyway, I think I know why Kenta asked me out anyway. It wasn't because he liked me."

"Oh?"

"You two made a bet, didn't you?" Suzie stopped, "and now you're taking me out. I had fun but, I don't think you asked me out today because you like me either, right?"

"Hold on a second, a bet?" Kazu asked, "Kenta has learned not to make bets with months ago!"

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah, he took you out because Henry called him and asked him to take you out on a date."

"What?"

"Uh-oh," Kazu mumbled.

"Henry asked Kenta to take me out? I don't' believe this!"

"He's only trying to make you happy," Kazu said. "He must've found out about Chip somehow."

"The only one I told was Lopmon and Ai."

"I think he heard it from Lopmon."

"Great, so you probably went out with me because Henry asked you too!"

"Seriously, Suzie, would Henry ask me?"

"Or Kenta didn't want to take me out again so he asked you! You know the guy didn't even kiss me goodnight? I swear guys are all--"

Kazu sighed; he didn't want her to ramble on about this anymore. He had to make her shut up without having to tell her too. He grabbed her, pulled her to him and kissed her fully on the mouth. Her eyes nearly popped out of her eye sockets. She wasn't sure how to react. Again, she melted in his grasp. The kiss was like nothing she expected.

'Good thing I didn't throw up,' she thought to herself, 'even if I do have gum.'

Kazu put lots of lip and even some tongue in the kiss. Some girls would've slapped him or pushed him away, but Suzie was too surprised to even react. Then she started to like it. Kazu let go of her and she stared up at him, blinking a few times.

"Well, you were saying something?"

Suzie blankly shook her head and stared. She was so out of breath but she somehow felt that Kazu breathed new life in her.

"Shall we?" he put his arm around her waist and he walked her back home. She still couldn't say anything at the doorstep.

'Did Kazu just kiss me? Or was it all just in my mind?'

"Well, goodnight, Suzie," he said, "I had fun, didn't you?"

Suzie nodded. Kazu chuckled. He wanted to make her breathless and that's exactly what he did. He pecked her lips and stepped back, "Later, Suzie."

"Bye," she breathed and stepped inside. Her parents were sitting in the family room waiting for her. "Oh, did you get my note?"

"Why didn't you come and tell us Kazu took you out on a date?" Her mother demanded.

"Don't you like Kazu?"

"A bit older than you, isn't he?"

"Yeah. Kenta is too but you let me go with him."

"Next time you go on a date," Mr. Wong said, "let us know? And at least let him come inside or something?"

"It wasn't really a date…we were just hanging out. I saw Ai and Masahiko there." She sighed, "I'm sorry, but Kazu came here and asked. He didn't call before hand."

"You shouldn't have gone."

"Maybe but…I…wanted too…"

"Go to bed," Her mother said. "I'm too tired to deal with this now."

Suzie picked up her homework and took it to her room. Maybe she shouldn't see Kazu anymore, after all, he was older and more experienced, so suave and smooth and oh-so-cool. But Suzie liked him. Being around him made her forget about Chip. She believed that there were cool and nice guys out there and not just jerks. After her parents went to bed and she put on her PJ's, she went to the bathroom and closed the door. She almost forgot to purge. Suzie knelt down in front of the toilet.

"I wish there were an easier way to be thin and beautiful," she whispered. She really didn't want to do it anymore. She thought again about Kazu's kiss. He was so cool and sexy. If she wanted him, she had to keep herself thin. Her esophagus has become almost raw because of it. She thought again about Kazu's kiss. He was so cool and sexy. If she wanted him, she had to keep herself thin. Suzie had become obsessed and she couldn't stop. She wanted to have that empty, clean, feeling she had after she threw up. Suzie groaned.

'Might as well get it over with,' she thought and induced vomiting. She got up and flushed and went to brush her teeth. Before she reached the sink, her peripheral vision went blurry for a split second. "Oh," she mumbled and shook her head. "Got up too fast." She brushed her teeth and got out. She sighed when no one came out. She didn't want to wake anyone up with her vomiting noises. Suzie climbed into bed and fell fast asleep.

TBC