Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ First Crush ❯ Hungry Feelings ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

First Crush 6

Feeling Hunger

Disclaimer: I do not own Digimon Tamers, except the jerk Chip and his hussy Millie. Two fan-made characters I'm not so fond of.

The next day, Suzie was feeling very tired and weak, but she pushed herself up anyway. Her stomach growled, though it was used not having anything in it more than a few hours. Suzie shuffled out of bed, dressed and sat at the counter.

"Good Morning, hon--" Mrs. Wong turned and her happy smile turned into a concerned frown when she saw how weak her daughter look. "Suzie, are you okay?"

Suzie opened her mind to speak but nothing came out. She merely nodded.

"You don't look so good."

Suzie cleared her throat, "I'm fine," she whispered. She felt sores in her mouth and her teeth were rough, like they were being worn away.

Mrs. Wong cocked her head, "Just what did you do on your date with Kazu last night?"

"We played mini golf." Suzie replied, "What, you think he tried to get me drunk? I know Kazu's a bit…well…wild, but he's not like that. He showed me how to have fun, even all I did was hit a pink ball into a hole."

"You look hungry," Mrs. Wong said, turning to the oven, "let me fix you some breakfast. Waffles almost ready."

Henry walked out of his room ready for school and made a double take. "Suzie, are you feeling okay?"

"I'm fine," Suzie grunted.

"I think you should stay home," Henry said, "I remember when I was in junior high--"

"Save it, Henry," Suzie muttered. "Don't wanna hear it."

"You sure you want to go to school?" Henry asked. "Maybe you should stay home."

Suzie thought about it. She didn't want to go to school and see Chip or Millie again, ever. If she wanted to, she would've stayed home every day since he saw her with her. But she didn't want to risk her education because of them. She'd have to ask Ai to bring her schoolwork to her everyday and because they were best friends, she didn't want to be a burden. Ai had other things to do. Besides, she liked school, except for the Millie and Chip part.

"I'll be fine," Suzie insisted and ate her breakfast.

Henry decided to change the subject. "So how was your date with Kazu?"

Suzie felt her lip muscles pull into a grin. "Wonderful. I got my first kiss."

Henry's eyes bulged. Mrs. Wong almost fainted.

"He kissed you?"

****

"You really went with Suzie yesterday?" Kenta asked Kazu when he closed his locker.

"Yeah, Ai and Masahiko were there too," Kazu said. "Turned out to be a double date." He leaned against the locker with his hands behind his head.

"Did that put a damper on your plans?" Kenta teased.

"'Course not," Kazu rolled his eyes. "It's fun to challenge with other people. I like to show off my skills."

Kenta sighed as they started walking. "You brag too much, Kazu."

"I kissed Suzie."

"What did I just say about bragging?" Kenta demaned.

"I'm not bragging," Kazu told him. "I kissed her."

"You what?" Kenta gasped. "You're not supposed to kiss a girl on the first date!"

"Oh, you didn't kiss her, did you?" Kazu grinned.

"No I didn't," Kenta said.

"That's probably why it went wrong."

"Wrong? I did everything a gentleman should do." Kenta said. "Picked her up, took her to a nice environment and when it wasn't so nice, I took her somewhere else, when she went to the bathroom, I stood up like a gentleman should do and stood up again when she came back and when I walked her to the door I didn't kiss her. That's proper first date etiquette.

"Well, that's something you would do if you were on a professional dinner date thing but not when you're with a girl that needs attention."

"Oh, and how would you know if she needs attention?"

"Why the heck do you think Henry asked you to take her to the movies, chumly?" Kazu demanded.

Kenta shrugged, "because he was worried about his sister? I don't think you helped the situation, Kazu."

"I believe I did," Kazu said.

"Why'd you kiss her anyway?"

"Well, tell you the truth, I wasn't planning too. But she was talking and it seemed like the thing to do to make her stop."

"You're supposed to listen to her, man!" Kenta growled.

"I did," Kazu muttered. "I'm not that shallow. But I wasn't sure what to say to make her stop talking about her problems, so I just took action and kissed her. It worked too."

"There's some consequences to that, you know?" Kenta said.

"Oh, like what?"

"KAZU!" A very angry Henry Wong shouted. He grabbed Kazu's shoulder, turned him around and punched him in the nose. Kazu fell back and Kenta didn't catch him, yet stand there with a grin on his face.

"Henry--" Kazu mumbled, wiping the blood from his nose.

"What's the big idea kissing my little sister?" Henry demanded.

Kenta leaned over Kazu, "That's one consequence right there."

"Oh, shut up," Kazu muttered.

Takato walked up to Takato with Jeri right behind him.

"What happened?" Jeri asked.

"Henry hit Kazu," he replied. "Hey, Henry, what's going on?"

"Kazu kissed my little sister!" he shouted.

Jeri and Takato exchanged glances and Jeri whispered into Takato's ear. "I'd hate to see what happens to Kazu if she kissed Rika."

"There'd be nothing left of Kazu if he did," Takato whispered back.

Kazu groaned and pull himself up, "I just took her out for some fun and I gave her a little kiss. If she dind't like it she would've told me." Kazu shrugged, "you should thank me, Henry."

"Thank you?"

"Yeah, Lopmon told you that Suzie got her feelings hurt from dude from her school, right?" Kazu asked, "well, I think she's over that now. In fact, I'm sure of it."

"Just stay away from my sister," Henry said.

"Why don't you leave that to her?" Kazu asked, "she's a big girl now, you know. She can take care of herself. If it bothers you that much, I won't take her out anymore. But hey, if she wants to see me, that's okay."

"Lighten up, Henry," Takato said. "He's got a point."

"I don't know why she'd have any interest in you anyway," Henry muttered. "She got her heart broken once and she doesn't need it again."

"What makes you think I'd do that?" Kazu demanded, "You think I'm that low? You think I'm that much of a jerk? I may be a bit of a wild child but I'd never intentially hurt a girl, like this, well, this Chip guy who ever he is. You saw him, didn't you, Kenta?"

"The guy has no manners," Kenta said, nodding.

"Suzie told me about him," Jeri said.

Everyone turned to Jeri and she blushed slightly. "Remember those cookies she brought us to try?"

"What cookies?" Ryo asked, walking up.

"Suzie made cookies and brought them for everyone to try," Henry explained offhandly.

"I didn't get one," Ryo mumbled.

"Don't feel bad," Kenta said, leaning to Ryo and glaring at Kazu, "I didn't either."

"Anyway, she told me she was going to give them to Chip," Jeri said. "She had a crush on him. The next day when I saw her she wasn't in a good mood. I don't think it went well."

"This Chip was interested in someone else," Kenta said. "A real airhead."

"I know," Kazu mumbled, "Millie. She was held back a year…man did she have annoying laugh."

"Bell's about to ring and I don't have time for this," Henry said, "but I'm warning you, Kazu, you do anything gto harm my sister and you'll pay the price, understand?"

"I got it," Kazu nodded, "but it won't be another punch in the face, will it?"

Henry groaned and walked away. Rika watched him walk by and sigh. She heard the whole thing and she had a gut feeling that her crush on Chip had a connection to why she was at her house to talk to her mom. Rika was at a loss to do. Maybe Suzie really wanted to learn about modeling, or maybe she just wanted to change every single thing about her.

****

Suzie walked to her desk as if she needed a cane to get there and she fell into it. She put a hand to her head and sighed. She had just purged and she was feeling awful. She didn't' feel like this after she purged before. Her mouth tasted awful because she forgot to bring gum. Ai leaned forward, "Suzie, you okay?" she asked. "Want me to walk you to the nurse?"

"I'm fine, Ai," Suzie said.

"You don't look fine."

"I said I'm fine." Suzie said at a higher octave. "So, how was your date with Masahiko? Did he kiss you goodnight?"

Ai smiled, "no. You're not supposed to kiss on the first date. It was just a friendly hug. Besides, I didn't want to make Impmon more jealous than he already was. He was peeping through the window."

"Did you see him?"

"No."

"Did how did you know?"

"I just do," Ai said. "But I talked to him and said everything was all right. Mako told me about this date rape thing they saw on the news yesterday and it scared Impmon. If you think about it, it's pretty sweet. He said he wouldn't follow me to my dates anymore, unless he wanted me too." She giggled, "Maybe I bring him and my digivice along just incase I'm in a dark alley. No one will think of hurting me once they see Impmon turn into Beelzemon! Hey…maybe I think I will. Then he can fly me to school and back. It's fun seeing the town from a sky view."

Suzie nodded when she remembered the piggy-back ride Antiramon gave her when they first met in the Digiworld. It was so much fun.

"So, how did your date with Kazu?" Ai asked.

"Well, I got a kiss," Suzie replied with a grin.

Ai laughed, "I'm not all that surprised."

"He's a good kisser too," Suzie nodded, "I hope he takes me out again some time."

"So, is it safe to assume that you're over Chip?" Ai questioned.

Suzie pondered for a while. Her feelings was still hurt and it would take a lot of tiem to get over him. She didn't want to give Ai bad news so she lied.

"Yeah," she said. "I feel great. I'm so over that low life."
"I'm glad to hear that."

"Ladies, if we can stop with the chit chat, can we start with class?"

"Y-yes," Ai said.

Suzie leaned back, 'I'm almost over Chip…if only I can get over bulimia.' Suzie could only think of one sulution. She had to stay around Kazu. He got her mind off of him and she was able to have fun. And to keep Kazu interested in her, she had no choice but to keep binging and purging.

She ate a heartier meal at lunch time in the cafeteria and didn't talk to Ai much about their dates or school. Ai tried to get her to stop eating so she could talk.

"Slow down, Suzie! Geez, you'll choke!" Ai cried. "Wow, you must be starving!"

"You have no idea," Suzie said, taking another bite of her sandwich.

"Well, you did look kinda pale this morning in class," Ai said. "Almost like you haven't eaten in days. They feed you at home?"

Suzie smiled.

"I wonder why you keep so thin," Ai said.

Suzie stopped, "Ai…"

"What?"

"You think, I'm thin?" she asked, her eyes shining.

"Well, yeah," Ai said, looking her friend over. "How much you weigh?"
Suzie stopped to think. Yesterday when she vomited she was so overcome from dizzieness that she forgot to weigh herself. Before she started her binging and purging regimin, she was about 106 lbs. She couldn't seem to remember right now, but she knew it was lower than that. Suzie decided to guess, "Uh, 94 I think."

"Ninety-two?" Ai gasped, "looks less than that."

Suzie shrugged, "can't really remember."

"You must have fast metabolism then," Ai said. "I've heard about that."

Suzie glanced at the ever-so-thin Millie flaunting herself. 'That's probably what she's got,' Suzie thought bitterly, taking another bite. 'Well, I'll show her. She won't be the thinnest, prettiest girl in this school. I'm better than her. I'll prove it to everyone.'

Suzie finished her lunch and stood up. "I'll see ya, Ai," Suzie said.

"Wait, I'll go with you," Ai said, "I'm almost finished."

"No, I've got to go to the library," Suzie said. "Gotta do some research. Later!" Suzie jogged to the bathroom and she felt her heart sink. She hated lying to her best friend about this. She wish she could tell her what she was doing to herself, but Ai wouldn't understand. She didn't have to worry about her crush liking another girl. All the guys she liked seemed to like her back. Suzie went to the stall and locked it. Her stomach was already feeling nauseous, ready for the purging. Suzie closed her eyes and stuck her finger into her throat and her food, before it had a chance to be digested and the must-needed nutrients went to her system, excaped her body in the same way it came. Tears stung her eyes during this, just as it had every time. It wasn't just the physical pain of her stomach heaving and pinching, but the emotional pain of her heart breaking. Her throat felt raw and her teeth, though she always brushed or chewed on gum afterwards, felt like it was being worn away. It was from the acid in her stomach. Soon, if she didn't stop, she'd damage her teeth and may need to wear dentures before she even graduated from high school.

But Suzie Wong couldn't' stop. She was addicted. She was addicted to becoming thin. Becoming beautiful. Becoming perfect.

****

After school, Suzie decided to take a detour and she went to Kazu's house. She knocked on the door and waited for an answer. Once again, like when she dropped the cookies at her his house, no one came. Suzie knocked again and still no answer. She paused. What if he was busy? She remembered the last time she came to his house. He was jumping around ont eh furniture and playing an imaginary guitar. He longed for one of his own and was saving his money. Suzie couldn't wait until he got one, then she could hear him play. He already knew how to play them. He practiced on them at music stores and would play until the store had to close. Suzie grinned and opened the door.

"Kazu, are you here?" she asked, knocking on the door.

Again, she heard music coming from his bedroom. She walked in and said his name again. She could hear him singing and he walked out singing into his airbrush wearing a robe. Suzie blushed and headed for the door.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" she exclaimed.

"Why don't you come in, Suzie?" Kazu asked before she could leave.

"I better not make a habit in coming into your house without someone answering," Suzie said.

"No, I shouldn't have a habit making the music so loud," he said, "but I did hear you knock this time." He grinned. "I was just about to answer the door."

"You were?" she asked, looking him over in his robe.

"Yeah…just got out of the shower." He said and sat down. "So, what's up?"

"Just wanted to thank you for taking me out yesterday," she said, "I had a great time."

"Good. That was my intention, you know."

"You seem to have that effect on me, I guess." She shrugged.

"I have that effect on a lot of girls," Kazu said, "I'm the man."

Suzie grinned and blushed. If she heard Chip say that, she'd probably induce vomiting in front of everyone. She knew he wasn't and he yet acted like it. But Kazu, he was the man. Chip didn't care about anyone but himself. Maybe Chip and Kazu had a few things in common, but Kazu actually cared about others. He didn't ask Suzie out to get something, or show he was better than anyone else. Suzie needed some time to get away and he did that. Even if it was a game of mini golf, it was the best day she had in her life.

"Can we hang out again some time?" she asked.

Kazu laughed. "You betcha. But don't let your brother know, okay? It'll be our little secret." He winked and she turned into mush.

"Oh?" she asked.

"Yeah."

"Did Henry say something?"

"More like did something."

Suzie groaned, "I thought he learned not to show his kung fu the first time he got someone hurt! Doesn't he ever listen to sensei?"

"Oh, don't blame the guy, Suzie," Kazu said. "He was just worried about his kid sister."

"But he should've punched out Chip, not you!" Suzie shouted. "You were just trying to cheer me up. Chip's the one who hurt my feelings."

"Tell me about this Chip," Kazu said.

"I'd rather not," Suzie shook her head.

"That bad, huh?"

"Uh-huh." She got dizzy and sat down in the chair across from him, quite awkwardly. Concerned, Kazu stood up and went to her side.

"Hey, you don't look so good," Kazu said, "are you coming down with something?"

"I'm okay." She whispered.

"Want some water or something?" he asked.

"Sure."

"I'll be right back," Kazu said and grinned as he walked to the kitchen, "now don't you go flying away from me!"

Suzie groaned; she wasn't sure what he meant by that. Kazu could remember the time Gaurdmon told Kazu that Suzie 'flew away'. A moment later, Kazu returned with a glass of water. Suzie mumbled her thanks and took it. Kazu watched her take a gulp of the water.

"You sure you're okay?" Kazu asked.

Suzie nodded as she finished the glass of water. It made her a little better though her body wanted more nutrients. 'Maybe I should take a vitamin after I throw up for now on.' She thought. She set it down on the coffee table and smiled at Kazu. "Last night was just what I needed. I'd like to see you again some time."

"Me too," Kazu said.

"I really like you, Kazu," Suzie confessed nervously, "You're not like Chip…or the other guys I know." She blushed, "oh…that came out wrong. I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about it," Kazu assured. "How about tomorrow? We can go Rollerblading."

"Rollerblading?"

"You never went Rollerblading before?"

"Well, I went roller skating once."

"Do you have roller blades?" he asked.

"No." She smiled, "do you? I bet you've got a lot of things on wheels."

"As a matter of fact, I do." Kazu replied. "Get yourself some roller blades and we'll go Rollerblading in the park tomorrow."

"Great," Suzie said, "Can't wait. I'll see you then." In a rush, Suzie got up and kissed Kazu on the cheek. Suzie stared and Kazu grinned.

"Later."

"Yeah," Suzie whispered and got out of the door, biting her lip. Kazu had some strange hold on Suzie. She liked it and at the same time, it confused her. A few weeks ago, she wanted nothing to do with guys. Now she seemed to be head over heals with Kazu. It was almost like Suzie was crushing on Kazu the way she crushed on Chip. The only difference was, Kazu was making time for her. When she got home, she asked her mom if they could go shopping for the roller blades. Mrs. Wong seemed surprised by this but Suzie didn't ask for much so they went out and purchased them. Suzie told her that she needed to get out more. Suzie couldn't wait to go Rollerblading with Kazu. However, her body didn't have the strength to do it, no matter how much her heart wanted to.

TBC