Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ First Crush ❯ Secret's Out ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

First Crush 7

Secret's Out

Disclaimer: I do not own Digimon.

Suzie couldn't wait for her next date with Kazu. Rollerblading sounded like so much fun. She'd be by his side and probably holding hands, skating in the park together. Her body was weak from bulimia but after she threw up for now on she took some vitamins and a glass of water. Sure, that wasn't enough to give her body the nutrients she needed, but she thought looking skinny and beautiful was more important. Suzie got dressed in a pair of black leggings and a yellow short sleeve shirt. Just as she was strapping her pads to her knees and elbows, there was a knock on the door.

"That must be Kazu," she whispered, walking to the door. Alas, it was him, in a pair of khakis shorts and a green top. He also had on pads and wore a helmet, though Suzie thought she didn't need them. He probably was the best in-line skater out there.

"Hey, ready to have some fun?" he asked with a grin.

Suzie smiled, "you bet I am." She put on her roller blades and joined him outside. She had some trouble keeping her balance but Kazu kept a firm hold on her hand. "I guess you have to get used to being on wheels, huh?"

"Don't worry, babe," he said, "you'll get the hang of it. We'll just go slow for now."

It was pure bliss skating next to Kazu. He cracked jokes and said the funniest things she ever did hear. The air was warm and fresh, yet it was cool and brisk. He never let go of her hand. Suzie just wanted to skate forever with Kazu through the park. Nothing could go wrong, until after fifteen minutes of skating, she got dizzy and almost fell onto the pavement.

"Whoa, Suzie!" he yelled in surprise. He grabbed her before she fell and held her up. "You okay?"

"I think…I'd better sit down," she mumbled. Her legs felt like jelly and they were about to give out again. The heat was making her lightheaded. She had to have something to eat.

"Yeah," he kept an arm around her waist and skated to the nearest bench. He helped her sit down and he looked her over. "I guess I can use a break too." Thinking it may help, he took the helmet off her head for her.

"You kidding?" She asked, out of breath. "You're….a…natural." She commented as she gasped for air. She had to fight to get each word out. "I bet…you can go…on for hours." She gave him a feeble smile and---feeling very lightheaded--leaned against him.

"You're sweating like a pig," Kazu said.

"Don't be silly," she told him, "girls don't sweat. They glisten."

"Well, you're glistening like a pig," Kazu rephrased, wiping sweat from her forehead. "You sure you're feeling all right? You weren't looking so well yesterday."

"I think…it's just the heat," she told him.

"Yeah. How about something to eat or drink?" he asked. "There's a snow cone stand here. I'll get you one. How does that sound?"

Suzie smiled. The taste of shaved ice drizzled with flavor made her mouth water. There wasn't much to it but it sounded wonderful. Throwing it up sounded hard, since it was just frozen water and flavoring. She'd just wait until she binged when she got home for dinner.

"That sounds great, Kazu," she replied.

"What flavor?" he questioned sweetly.

It was too hot for Suzie to think. She was too weak to use her brain. What was her favorite flavor? Was it cherry? Was it blue raspberry? Maybe strawberry.

"Suzie?" he asked.

Suzie came back from her moment of thinking. She shrugged, "surprise me."

"Okay, I'll be right back," he told her. "Sit tight and don't move."

"Don't worry, Kazu," she said, "I'm not gonna fly away."

Kazu chuckled and kissed her temple before skating off. Suzie leaned back on the bench. She felt so weak all over. How could she be feeling this way she started taking vitamins after she threw up? Maybe it was too soon. She'd have to wait a while until they kick in. Maybe she'll double the dose. Instead one vitamin, she'd take two. Maybe even four.

"My head's spinning," she said, putting her hands on the head. "So…hungry…"

She could faintly hear the rolling sound of someone's skates. It came closer and closer. Then, a snow cone with a mixture of green and pink was held out in front of her.

"Here. I got you kiwi strawberry," Kazu said, "same as me."

Suzie sighed and looked up at him, "Thanks, Kazu." She slowly took the snow cone, careful not to drop it since her hand was shaking. Kazu noticed and sat down.

"Hey, you're looking worse, Suze." He said.

"I'll feel fine." She said, biting into the ice. The kiwi strawberry mixture was divine. She couldn't remember when she tasted something so good. Then again, for the last week and a half, she didn't bother to taste her food. She just took a bite, chewed it, and swallowed it, very, very fast. Suzie ate her snow cone very slowly, wanting to savor each bite. It was probably better for her to take her time. If she hurried, then her stomach would think to throw it up.

Kazu watched her eat and started on his snow cone. "Good, huh?"

"It's the yummiest thing I ever had," she commented. "Thank you, Kazu."

"Sure thing, babe." He kissed her temple and put his arm around her. Suzie shivered.

Why was he showering her with kindness and…kisses? Maybe Kazu was like that with a bunch of girls--taking them out for Rollerblading in the park and buying them snow cones. Kazu was the funniest guy she knew and he was so cute and, reliable. When she got dizzy, he didn't make her 'skate it off' like a macho kind of dude would do. Instead, he took action and got her off her feet, out of the sun and provided her with something to snack on. Suzie now knew why all the girls loved him and--for a moment, felt kind of horrible. He was wasting all his time on her when he could be somewhere else, with a prettier girl, maybe a more athletic girl. He wanted to go Rollerblading, not sit on the bench with bulimic licking snow cones. If only Suzie was naturally thin and strong and durable. The girls liked him not just because he was hot and smooth talking or even funny, he was very nice and helpful. Kazu was being so nice to her and she didn't want to think what would happen to her if he weren't there anymore.

Suzie finished eating the ice of her snow cone and drank the melted ice and flavor. She felt better now that she got something in her system.

"Good snow cone," she whispered.

"Want another?" he asked, paused from eating his own snow cone.

She blushed, "no thanks."

"You sure? I wouldn't mind getting you one." He laughed, "we can try all the flavors if you want."

"Another time."

He shrugged and continued to eat his snow cone. Suzie sighed and smiled. Sitting down made her relax and her hand stopped shaking. She leaned against Kazu and her head fell on his shoulder. Kazu leaned his head against hers while nursing the rest of his snow cone. The joke-cracking, active young man had no idea he just saved the life of a girl with bulimia. If she didn't stop, she may have to rely on him again.

****

After the skating date in the park, Kazu and Suzie grew a little closer. They went window shopping some times, hung at each other's homes listening to music or watching TV. One day, Kazu finally saved enough money to get a guitar and brought Suzie along with him. He was skating on his skateboard there with Suzie walking along side of him. Suzie, however, got a little tired of the walking so Kazu stepped down from his skateboard, and put his hands on Suzie's waist.

"Here, you wanna try it?" he asked.

"Huh?"

"Sorry, maybe we should've rode our bikes," he said. "But then it will be hard to bring the guitar back, huh? Here, I'll let you use my skateboard over there. It's easier than roller blades, babe."

Suzie stepped on the skateboard, with Kazu's hands still on her waist. Kazu walked and Suzie gasped as the skateboard started moving.

"Don't worry, babe," he said, "I won't let you fall."

Suzie smiled and put her hands over his. She felt like she was floating or even flying. "This is much better, thanks, Kazu." She pecked him on the cheek as he continued to push her gently. Suzie held her arms out the side and closed her eyes. "I feel like I'm flying."

"Well, I never really thought about it that way," Kazu chuckled, "but I guess it's a bit like flying, huh?"

They got to the music store and the clerk groaned when he recognized Kazu. "Oh no, not you again."

"Don't worry, this time I'm going to buy something," Kazu said. He walked up to a red guitar. "I'll take this one. What do you think, Suzie?"

Suzie smiled. "I like it."

"You'll like it better when I play a song for you on it," he said, his hand falling on her shoulder.

Suzie gasped and blushed, "Kazu…"

After buying the guitar, Kazu and Suzie went to Kazu's home. Kazu set the guitar to an amp and checked to see it was in tune. Then he grinned and talked like a rock star. "I want to thank the little lady in front for coming today." He winked and Suzie and began to play. Suzie couldn't take her eyes of Kazu, even when they filled up with tears. It was so sweet what Kazu was doing. She never imagined that someone will take her out for mini golf, Rollerblading in the park and some snow cones, or even play a song for her. She totally forgot all about Chip and Millie. The heck with them. Suzie had a better guy now. But as wonderful as Kazu was, Suzie just couldn't stop the bulimia. She was trapped.

****

After lunch, Suzie got ready to go to the bathroom and throw up. Ai looked at her as she walked away. She got a strong feeling that something wasn't right with her best friend.

'Suzie always leaves in a hurry after lunch,' she thought, 'and she doesn't take time to taste her food. Something's not right here.' Ai got up and left the cafeteria. 'She said she always goes to the library, let's go and see.' Before Ai got to the library, she stopped at the girl's bathroom. Somehow, she felt compelled to go in there. Ai bit her lip. Already she knew what was going on but hoped it wouldn't' be true. 'No, Suzie's not like that. She's my best friend. She wouldn't.' Ai walked slowly in the bathroom and saw Suzie's feet in one of the stalls, leaning over the toilet. She heard her vomiting and her crying.

"Suzie," she whispered, "why?" Ai felt tears sting her eyes as she went up to the bathroom stall. Suzie was too distracted by her vomiting that she didn't notice someone was on the outside. She pulled on the toilet paper roll, wiped her eyes and blew her nose and threw it the toilet and flushed. She groaned and stood up slowly, opened the door and found her best friend standing in front of her with tear filled yes.

"Ai…" Suzie gasped.

"Suzie…"

The two stood there speechless. Suzie wasn't sure what to say. She knew she was caught. Ai couldn't' say anything. She was still trying to deny it. Finally, she spoke up.

"Why, Suzie?" she asked. "Why? You're not leaving to go to the library, instead you're--Suzie, why did you lie to me?"

"You wouldn't understand," Suzie mumbled.

"You're my best friend, Suzie!" Ai shouted. "Maybe I can understand. Why are you doing this to yourself? Does this have anything to do with Chip?"

Suzie didn't respond. Instead she walked to the sink to wash her hands.

"I knew it. It does have to do with Chip. I can't believe I never figured this out until now. You eat too much too fast then you mysteriously go to the library. You always look so tired and weak. I bet you lost at least twenty ponds. Suzie, you have any idea what you're doing to yourself? Bulimia isn't going to help!"

"I can't help it," Suzie said. "It started out as a way to become thin. I mean, that's why a lot of people do it."

"With bulimia? Suzie, you're just twelve years old and if you're concerned about your weight you can change your diet a little."

"I knew you wouldn't understand, Ai," Suzie muttered. "You have no idea what I'm going through! Some jerk you had a crush on didn't break your heart. I thought if I was to get Chip or any guy at all, I'd have to change everything about me…become like Millie. I felt so sick when I saw them the other day and it made me throw up. I felt so better after that, you know, that feeling you get after you throw up. You feel so empty inside. So relieved. So I kept doing it to get rid of all the bad feelings I had. It's not just about being thin."

"Suzie, you're dating Kazu now," Ai told her, "you can stop. You don't have to keep doing this. There's no reason too."

"Yes, I've got to keep doing it, don't you see? I've got Kazu now because I'm skinnier than I was. It's…the only way to keep him. I don't want to lose him."

"Kazu's not like that!" Ai shouted. "He doesn't care about what you look about the outside. He really cares for you, Suzie. He even told me that! He even took an overweight girl one time because no one would. Don't you see, Suzie? Kazu really cares!"

"Stop, it, Ai!" Suzie exclaimed. "I don't want to hear it. I can't stop. I can't. I'm addicted."

"Have you even tried stopping?"

Suzie frowned.

"Then try! You can stop, Suzie. I'll help you. Just eat a little slower and--"

"Please, Ai, be quiet!" Suzie exclaimed. "I can't stop! I can't stop! I know it's not healthy, I know that! You don't have to tell me I'm putting my heath in danger, but it's the only way. But it will get better."

"How?" she demanded.

"Now I'm taking vitamins after I throw up," she replied.

"Vitamins?" Ai gasped. She had to laugh, "that's not enough. You can't live on vitamins forever!"

"I can try."

"Suzie, look in the mirror. You're wasting away! Go on, do it. Look in the mirror." Ai pushed her friend to the mirror. "Open your mouth and look at your teeth, they're gonna waste a way soon." Suzie didn't want to open her mouth because she already saw the inside of her mouth. But Ai was persistent and forced her to open her mouth. "See those sores in you mouth? That's from the stomach acid. How long until you've been the dentist?"

"Six months."

"Well, you're due for a check up and he'll see that," Ai told her, "then he'll ask you if you are bulimic. Don't bother lying to him because he already knows." Ai let go of her friend's mouth. She knew about it because Ai wanted to become a dental hygienist when she grew up.

"I always brush my teeth after I throw up," Suzie said, taking out a tube and toothbrush. "Or chew gum. What's the deal?"

"That's not good enough. You can't make adjustments, Suzie. You have to quit doing this."

"Mind your own business, Ai," Suzie grumbled, brushing her teeth..

"Mind my own business? Mind my own business?" Ai echoed demandingly, "Suzie, you are my best friend! I'm making it my business. You have to stop this now!"

Suzie finished brushing her teeth and rinsed out her toothbrush. "I already told you, Ai, I can't stop! I can't keep anything down. My stomach wants to keep everything out. I can't stop eating and throwing up."

"You really are addicted," Ai whispered. "Don't worry, Suzie, I can help you! I'll help you stop. There are places you can go--"

"What? You mean, like those kinds of rehabilitation centers for drunks?" Suzie demanded and chuckled, "'Hi, I'm Suzie and I can't stop scarffing and barfing?' Forget it, Ai. No way."

"This isn't the way to solve your problem, Suzie."

"Just shut up!" Suzie shouted. "I don't wanna hear it. You can't make me stop, Ai. No one can. Hey, I got a kiss from Kazu after that double date, and you didn't get one from Masahiko. I don't think it was because Impmon was watching. Maybe he didn't want to kiss you because you're not thin."

"Suzie," Ai gasped, "don't talk like that. You're acting like Millie!"

"Throw up after a meal or two, maybe you'll get a second date from Masahiko."

"No, Suzie, please don't do this."

Suzie laughed, "You've got a better chance with Impmon than you have with Masahiko!"

Ai shook her head, "Suzie, stop! Don't talk like that. You're hurt and upset. You don't mean that."

"Why, because you know I'm right?" Suzie demanded.

"Please don't, Suzie," Ai begged, "we're best friends."

"Then be a best friend," Suzie snarled, "and MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!"

Ai burst into tears and ran out of the bathroom. Suzie laughed and then she groaned. Suzie didn't mean to hurt Ai that way. They were best friends. She shook her head and stepped out of the bathroom, meeting Millie. Suzie suspected she was coming to throw up too. She couldn't be thin without being bulimic. Suzie saw the amount of food she ate.

"Hi Suzie," Millie said.

Suzie gasped. Did Millie actually say 'hi' to her?"

"I saw your fat cow of a friend," Millie said.

Suzie narrowed her eyes. Ai probably wasn't as skinny as her or Millie but it didn't give her the right to call her a fat cow. Millie called any girl five pounds heavier than her a fat cow. And Ai wasn't that heavy anyway. She was actually pretty active.

"Don't call Ai a fat cow in front of me," Suzie grunted.

"Why, because you used to be one?" Millie demanded and giggled. "Let me guess, scarf and barf, right? That's what I do too. If you haven't yet, we can throw up together."

"Already have, thanks."

"Bummer. It's fun to have a scarf and barf buddy," Millie crossed her arms. "We can share hints. We can break bread together and then we can throw it up afterwards."

Suzie felt like throwing up again, even though her stomach was already empty. The thought of becoming best buddies with Millie was making her skin crawl. Millie acted like Suzie was nothing, so why was she warming up to her now that she was skinny? Were only skinny, bulimic girls good enough to be her friends? Did she have a bulimic clique?

"Excuse me, Millie," Suzie said, "I've got to get to class." Suzie walked passed her, but Millie wasn't done having her say.

"Oh, I hear you're dating Kazu. Hang on to him. He's a keeper. The guy thought he was too good for me but it's all right now, because I've found someone better."

Suzie tightened her fist. Chip better than Kazu? No way! Kazu was caring and sweet. He even knew how to tell a joke and was probably a better kisser too. Suzie glared at Millie over her shoulder and walked away.

"He was too good for you, bitch," Suzie grumbled, behind Millie's back, "and that jackass Chip is no way in hell better than Kazu!"

Suzie got to her locker and opened it. She grabbed for her vitamins and washed it down with a soda chaser.

Suzie was outraged. Millie insulted not just her, but her best friend and her new boyfriend. Suzie could not believe that she had stooped down to Millie's level. She wanted to become herself again, but it had been too long. She didn't want to be bulimic. She didn't want to be 'Little Miss Perfect' because she looked her in the eye and she was way less than perfect. After becoming like Millie, not just on the outside but also on the inside, Suzie was more disgusted with herself than she was before she became bulimic. If only there was a way to stop.

*****

Ai sobbed all the way home and Mako was too afraid to ask her what was wrong. Each time he tried to say something, she just cried harder. When they got home, Impmon became very concerned and looked at Mako.

"What did you do, Mako?" he demanded.

"What makes you think it was me?" he asked. "I didn't do anything, she was like this after school!"

Ai cried harder and headed for her bedroom. Impmon folded his arms.

"You swear you didn't hurt your sister's feelings?" he interrogated, "because if you did--"

"Impmon, I didn't make Ai cry," Mako insisted. "She wouldn't tell me what was wrong. She just said I wouldn't understand."

Impmon turned, "well, let's just home Ai says the same thing." He went to Ai's room and jumped to turn the knob. "Ai? Ah!" he crash-landed and rubbed his head. "Ai, are you okay? Did your good-for-nothing brother make you mad?"

"No," Ai replied in her sobs. "It's not that."

Impmon jumped on the bed next to her. "Good. So, what's the matter? Why are you crying?"
"You wouldn't understand," she whispered.

"Please, Ai?" he asked, "maybe I won't understand but I can listen."

Ai paused and spoke.

"My best friend is in trouble."

"Suzie?"

"Yeah."

"What kind of trouble?" he questioned.

"She's hurting herself," Ai replied, sitting up from her bed, "She's got bulimia."

"Bul-im-wha?"

"Bulimia. It's an eating disorder. People who have it eat a lot, then throw it up."

"What a waste of food," Impmon said. "Why's she doing this?"

"So she can become thin." She replied, "she wants to stop, but she can't. She'll make herself very sick if she continues. I don't know what to do, Impmon."

Impmon sighed; he didn't know what to do either. Digimon didn't have eating disorders.

"I'm sorry, Ai," he said. "I wish I could so something."

"She'll hurt herself if she won't stop," she explained, "I tired telling her that today. She wouldn't listen to me. She's addicted. She can't stop. Impmon, I'm scared!"

"I'm sure you will think of something, Ai," Impmon said. "You're a smart girl."

Ai sat on her bed, thinking of a solution. She had to tell someone but whom? Impmon stared, waiting for her to say something. Finally, Ai got off her bed and walked to her door.

"Ai, where're ya goin'?" Impmon questioned, going after her.

Ai paused at the door, "I'm going to tell Kazu. Maybe he can get through to her."

"Okay," Impmon said, "but…I know a faster way for you to get there."

"Oh?" Ai turned to her digimon, who was grinning. Ai's lips curled into a smile. "Yeah!"

Mako was watching TV when he heard commotion and saw a bright light coming from Ai's room. His eyes widened, knowing exactly what was happening. "Hey! Ai! It's my turn!" He got out his chair and ran to his sister's room just in time to see Beelzemon getting out of Ai's bedroom window, with her in his arms. "Ai! What are you doing? It's my turn for Beelzemon to fly me around the city!"

"Honesty, Mako, I thought you learned how to share with your sister by now," Beelzemon grinned over his shoulder and escaped from the window. Mako ran to the window.

"Beelzemon!" he shouted.

Beelzemon turned to the window, floating in front of it.

"Funny how people stay the same after they change," Ai commented.

"Come on, Ai," Mako said. "This isn't fair."

"But we're not doing this for fun," Ai said, "I got a job to do. We'll be back."

Mako made an unsatisfied face.

"Don't worry, Mako," Beelzemon said, "I'll make it up to you as soon as we'll get back. Just you and me, pal."

"You will?" Mako asked.

"I swear it," Beelzemon said.

"Oh, okay." Mako frowned. "But be sure to keep your promise."

"Hey, what kinda guy do ya take me for?" Beelzemon demanded, slightly miffed. "I'm hurt."

Mako laughed, "Okay…hurry back."

"Thanks," Ai said and Beelzemon took off into the sky. She held her arms tight around Beelzemon's neck. "Wheee! Faster, Beelzemon!"

Mako shuddered. He knew his sister was only doing that to make him mad. "It's my turn, dang it…"

*****

Beelzemon landed at Kazu's place and set Ai down. Ai ran to the door and knocked on it. "Hello? Kazu? Are you there? Open up!"

Kazu, however, could not hear her knocking. He was playing on his guitar.

"Kazu! Open up! It's important!" Ai shouted, banging on the door. "Oh great, he's playing on his guitar again."

Beelzemon reached for the gun behind his back.

"Beelzemon, no!" she shouted.

Beelzemon looked surprised, "what? I was going to shoot in the air!"

Ai scowled at her hotheaded digimon partner and knocked on Kazu's door again. "Kazu!" She looked at the doorbell and groaned, "oh duh, the doorbell!" she pressed it about a fifteen times. "Kazu! Let me in!"

Without Gaurdromon around, Kazu wouldn't' know someone was at the door. "Kazu, someone is at the door again."

Kazu kept playing.

"Kazu…quit playing that!" he shouted. "Someone is at the door!"

"Huh?" Kazu mumbled. "What the?" he stopped playing his guitar.

Gaurdomon sighed, "Someone really wants in. Can't you hear the doorbell?"

"Oh!" Kazu laughed, "Well, why didn't you say so!" Kazu went to the door to answer it. "Why, hey, Ai! If you're looking for Suzie, she's not here."

"I'm not hear to see Suzie," Ai said. "But this is about Suzie."

"What?"

"I've got to talk to you, Kazu," Ai said. "It's important."

Kazu stepped to the side and held his hand out. Ai looked at Beelzemon, and knowing what she meant, groaned and de-digivolved to Impmon. He scampered behind her and Kazu closed the door. She sat on the sofa and Impmon jumped onto her lap.

"Greetings, madam," Guardomon said.

"Uh, oh, hi, Guardomon," Ai mumbled.

"What's up, Ai?" Kazu questioned.

"It's Suzie. She's…bulimic."

"What?" Kazu gasped. "Are you sure?"

"Are you saying that Ai's a liar?" Impmon demanded.

"Impmon!" Ai scolded.

"Sorry," Impmon whispered.

"What do you mean, Suzie's bulimic?" Kazu questioned.

"She eats and throws up," Impmon replied, "that's what Ai told me."

"I know what it means!" Kazu shouted.

"I didn't know," Guardomon said. "But it doesn't sound good."

"Listen, Kazu, I know it's hard to believe," Ai explained, "but I saw her today. She eats a lot at lunch and then she goes to the bathroom. She told me that she was going to the library but…she lied. Today I followed her to the bathroom and I saw…and heard everything."

"Why's she doing this?" Kazu asked.

"It's because of Chip. She was to be thin and it makes her feel better. She wants to stop, I know she does," Ai went on, "I know because I heard her crying as she threw up today. The thing is, she can't stop. She's addicted to being thin. Haven't you noticed anything different about her? The way she dresses now? And acts? Like Millie sometimes. She's a lot thinner now too."

Kazu remembered about their Rollerblading date in the park. She nearly passed out and Kazu feared that Ai was right. She didn't get dizzy because of the heat.

"How long has she been doing this?" Kazu questioned.

"She started the day after she saw Chip with Millie," she replied, "about a month now. Kazu, if she doesn't stop, she could really hurt herself. I talked to her but it didn't work. I couldn't get through to her. I'm scared, Kazu."

"That sounds terrible," Guardromon said. "What are you going to do, Kazu?"

"I'll tell you what I'm going to do," Kazu stood up, "I'll get do the bottom of this. Tonight. Ai, thanks for telling me. Now go home. I'll take care of it."

"How?" she asked. "You still don't believe me, do you?"

Kazu sighed, "I guess it's a lot to take in. But after she got caught, maybe she'll quit. I'll find out for sure. Tonight I'll take her out for dinner and if she eats more than I do and says she has to go the bathroom, I'll know that you were right and she can't stop. Don't worry. It will end tonight."
Ai nodded. "Thanks Kazu."

"Now go on home. I'll let you know how it goes."

Ai got up, hugged Kazu and kissed him on the cheek, making him the only one that didn't turn red.

"Mako is probably waiting for his ride," Impmon muttered.

Ai chuckled and went to the door. "I appreciate it, Kazu."

Kazu nodded and she left. Kazu heard Impmon digivovle and Guardromon watched them fly away.

"I knew it was important," Guardromon said, "but I had no idea it was that important."

"Me neither," Kazu said, reaching for the phone. "But I'm going to fix this." He called Suzie and asked her for pizza.

"That sounds good, Kazu," she said. "Can't wait to see you."

"I'll be by your house in a couple of minutes," Kazu said. "Can you be ready by then?"

"You bet."

"See ya." Kazu hung up and grasped his hands. "Ai sounded so sure about Suzie being bulimic. I just hope that she was wrong."

"What if she isn't?" Guardromon asked.

"Then Suzie's not going to be bulimic anymore," Kazu said simply. "I'll see to that."

TBC