Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Forever in Destiny ❯ Ch 4 Through Magical Winds ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
HI again, installed OpenOffice so finally I have a spelling program again to keep my story correct. I am sorry it took so long, I am quite obstinate, but even so I had to find something. Couldn't get word for a weird reason... weird as I said.
Anyway, at the moment I am getting loads of Frontier information from the Internet. And, finally I can start making opinions about characters... pretty late huh? But, hopefully it will just help the writing. I have loads of plans for the characters... from all seasons to add.
Yep, this is a true digital fic. Special pairings, all YAOI... nothing original though... But I am not giving out more pairings then already shown. I have been spoiling too much fun in the past!
But something that can be said before we start. Yes, old Frontier attacks will appear from time to time, however not often. But, you will see some known and famous attacks appear.
Shitza

Ps: I surely hope Kouji doesn't sound too OOC, but having Kouji in love is hard to write, and make it sound naturally.

Chapter 4
Through Magical Winds
The magical world, the hidden planet. Nemorisa, home of many legendary creatures. A world nothing ever seemed quiet and if it started to calm down, there are always creatures to make new rackets. Take the kitsune for example, a fox demon that never takes a break from his deeds. The dragon, the real clumsy flying beast that can destroy villages and burn down towns. Elves are pretty known to trap hunters, since elves are creatures of the nature and therefor highly dislikes the hunt of other living creatures. They are also vegetarians, if there is any meat they would eat they can only eat fish.
But what is the worst and most hated of all these troublemakers? Actually, they are quite common within this world. We know them through cheap tricks and fake magic. They, the real magicians and artists in magic more would call themselves wizards and witches. They are a noble blood of creatures that have been disliked, almost everywhere they had appeared. Take our world for example, the little planet Earth... What didn't we do to these cheap conjurers: burned them, hanged them... killed them... The magical community fought years to find a way to pay back on the humans, but failed. Talk about luck... would you have wanted to see someone's head on a witch's wall.
So, what do witches and wizards say when a human will pop up in their world? Can you guess what will happen? How many hasn't longed for revenge, since witches, like many other creatures, have an unusually long life. (A witch normally dies around the age of 6-8 centuries.)
Why do you need to know? Maybe because another turn appear. And what does magic have to do with our four friends? Who knows. Could it be Takuya? Can he have something more then meets the eye?! Oh God... is he really just a human? What will this dragon have to tell of this matter? If this dragon, can stop licking his tongue, I mean.
000
“This is all of your faults! If you hadn't appeared then I could still be alive and fluttering!” the blond Aquila Izumi shouted at them, her father had let her be chained as well, but not for certain death but for punishment. If Kouji had been able to, he would have put his hands to his ears, but seeing as he was rather tied up at the moment he simply snorted back. Kouichi groaned, the ghost had been chained as well, by special made chains for already dead floating creatures. He was supposed to wait for the ghost community to get him.
“Will you shut up?” Takuya snapped trying to wriggle his hand from the collar. His hand twitched painfully and to his and all the others amazement his hand wriggled free.
“How did you do that?” Izumi asked amazed trying to wriggle out from her chains, but failed miserably. Takuya grinned, freeing his other hand. Then he proceeded to help both Kouji and Izumi on each side of him. He didn't dare remove the chains from his feet. It was a long way down.
“Shinya liked to lock my hand into various sort of objects, so one day I had to teach myself to escape those embarrassing moments. I mean, he used to stick my hand into the mail entrance of mailboxes and then lock and such. But I learned if your hand goes in, it can go out.”
(A/N: I have tested that various times, from our old mail box, which had this little entrance my hand could sneak through. Don't test, there have been close calls of getting your hand stuck. But I know it works. But like I said, don't test it out! I do not want to be responsible for eventual consequences.)
Izumi chirped as Takuya helped her to remove the chains upon her feet and the Aquila female broke free. She fluttered away several meters laughing. Kouji broke free as well and helped his brother. Kouichi seemed to be quite grateful to be able to stretch his bodiless form again. The vampire had transformed into some kind of half creature, being half vampire half bat. The vampire carried the brunette, bridal style. Takuya blushed slightly as Kouji gripped him flying up with the other two. (Yes, Kouichi can fly)
The dragon noticed them and chased after, ready for an early meal. The group split and the dragon first went after Kouichi. The oldest twin could be lucky he was already dead. The dragon flew right through him and Kouichi stumbled in the air. Ghosts aren't really meant to fly, however they can if they must. But they are not good fliers.
The dragon changed direction and went after Izumi. The female screamed and twirled away using a inhuman speed. Her eyes were wide and her hands clenched in tight fists.
Fire appeared and started to grow deep inside the dragon's mouth. This scaly creature looked ready to roast her in open fire. Izumi opened her hands and closed them over her chest. Her feet crossed over each other.
“Plasma Pods!”
Red light appeared n her hands and feet. She flew towards the dragon and hit it, full power. The dragon backed having lost interest in her. Izumi gave out a deep sigh, fluttering her wings lazily. It was a tiresome game to call upon ancient magic.
The dragon now started to chase after Kouji, together with Takuya. The vampire cursed softly, as Takuya occupied his arms he could not use his magic to attack. Kouichi tried to follow, but his brother seemed to have problems to stay aloft. It ended with the ghost falling down to ground again. Kouji cursed again. Takuya held his arms around the vampire's neck, nuzzling it. Kouji could feel the brunette's breath on his skin. He cursed again... why did he have to feel so soft? And why did he always end up with thinking about him, even in the worst kind of situations. It had been the same when they had been standing in front of the council, and he couldn't help but to blush thinking a certain forbidden thoughts that had entered his mind when he had been defending the brunette.
000
Kouichi had been talking, defending Takuya, risking his life since he knew what the Ghost community would do with him if they found out. His older brother was good at talking, it was a real bummer that his older twin had gotten on the bad side of the Head Man so long ago, just because his brother had a weakness that made him charm girls. His brother could look adorable, even so for being a vampire. His hair was slightly shorter then his, his body language and expression so much softer. While Kouji was the one who had since their childhood been the one to fight and get stuck into trouble, Kouichi reminded him so much about their mother. The calmness and the constant smile. If he had been a bit more like his brother he would probably have a fan club after his heels. But as it seemed, he did not, and he did not feel bad for it. His brother had, by this time, charmed almost every single royal or rich maiden that could be found.
The Head Man said some really nasty things to his brother, making Kouji's blood boil. He opened his mouth and started to argue furiously, defending his brother and his friend. The Head Man started to get really angry as well. The argument seemed to lift the ceiling and break the marble on the floor. The vampire's hands were wet of his own blood.
"I could rip the very throats of everyone on this mountain, and then you will surely be able to punish him for something he did not do." Kouji said.
Whatever happened, he would make sure to protect the little he had left of his own brother. Not to mention, he had promised himself to look after this human, human or not. He knew, thanks to Takuya, that humans didn't need to be so bad. Even if he preferred them as lunch he still did not bite a neck, due to respect of the brunette. But why, why did he obey a simple human? He did not know.
"So you are saying you brought him to this world?" The Head Man asked.
'What should I say... I don't know anymore. Why did I even help saving this kid, a human, they all die. Like mum, and dad. Maybe I...'
Yes!” he started, but quickly shut up yet again.
I mean NO! By all the Blood in this World, why would I do that. I know the penalties for doing so."
"Kouichi has nothing to do with this!" Kouji said clearly, his blood boiling with rage.
"Then who did it, stinking blood creature!" The Head Man roared. "And why are you defending him!"
He couldn't believe his own thoughts, but the more he thought about it the more it seemed to be the answer. But horror reached his heart. This was even worse then the human being here. If a vampire fell in love, then the other had to become a soul mate. But would Takuya survive the rituals, the fight between the ten elements in your blood. The tradition was the same, wherever you went. A soul mate would have to suffer through the elements of Wind, Fire, Lightning, Ice, Light, Steel, Water, Earth, Wood and lastly Darkness.
He could not make Takuya feel the pain of hell. He loved the human, but whatever happened he would never tell. Never in a million years.
000
The dragon roared even higher and more flames appeared from his mouth. Kouji cursed himself. He could not see many ways out of this, and he needed time to think. Kouichi was making his way back up, floating. Izumi was too scared to move and had hidden in a bunch of clouds. It was just them. They were alone.
Maybe this was what Kouji deserved, having fallen in love with a human. And since he couldn't find a way to run, flying would be useless since he would never be able to escape. He didn't want to drop Takuya, he was tired of loosing people and still being there. The brunette's eyes met his, as if some sort of understanding. Takuya did not know why he did as he did. But he felt secure, with Kouji holding him. Something he had not felt for many years. And for this kind of security, it was different then anything else. He didn't want it to let go.
The fire caught them, engulfing them. But as the contact was made, the wind started speaking. It only spoke to them, who listened... the dragon stopped, listening as well. A ball of fire burned where the two teens had been.
Flares of love Deep in sorrow Fate of the World Rely on you
000
Darkness... everything was so dark. Kouji felt himself floating through a world so dark and cruel. Was this death? Was this the end? Where was Takuya? Was he here?
Kouji?”
He recognized that voice. Takuya, but where was he? Kouji blinked, he couldn't see anyone.
“Takuya!” he called.
Kouji, I am right here! Right here!” the gentle voice said. Kouji looked around frantically. Somewhere beneath him he thought himself hear a high cackle. He looked down and saw fire. The burning fires of hell.
'That explains it. The human goes to heaven, while the vampire goes to hell. We were never meant to be...'
Kouji closed his eyes, the flames swallowed him. But they did not burn, they were calming, comfortable. Kouji opened his eyes and...
Takuya sighed in relief seeing the vampire wake up. Izumi sat on the other side, a wet towel in her hand. They had been trying for ages to awake the unconscious vampire. Kouichi was guarding, keeping his eyes on a teenage boy not too far away. The boy had wings o his back, spiky dark brown hair, red brownish eyes and a childish grin on his face. He wore a brown robe, with flames painted at the bottom. His name was Daisuke, and he was a dragon. In fact, he was the dragon that had attacked them earlier. Right now however, the young dragon was trying, with all his might, to be as far from Takuya as possible. The human had told him what he was and indeed the dragon was frightened. Humans had killed more dragons then any other kind, just think about the stories you could pick up from the world of Earth.
Seeing that Kouji was awake Izumi lost interest and went over to Kouichi to help him guard. The Aquila had stolen a knife from her father years back, that she always carried with her. Dead useful in these situations.
Kouji couldn't believe his eyes when he saw that he was yet alive. To his shock and embarrassment he found himself blushing. Takuya looked down at him, his cheeks red as well. The two of them looked away from each other. Takuya sat with his back turned at Kouji, his cheeks still burning.
“Do you feel better? You really scared me, you looked so pale, you know.”
He could hear a snort coming from behind him. “You know, I am always pale. I'm a vampire remember!”
Takuya smiled, but his smile soon vanished. “I know, it's just... you made me worried. I was worried... that you, perhaps... no... it's foolish, literally you are, but still... died.”
Pearly tears trickled down the brunette's face. Kouji looked at him, he could taste a small stench of salt and he realized Takuya had to be crying. The vampire hesitated, this was really against his priorities, but his curiousness got hold of him. The vampire lifted his hand slowly and put it on the brunette's shoulder. The sudden change of emotion made time stop, for the two of them, and Takuya had to restrain himself from throwing himself into Kouji's arms to cry. He had been really worried.
Kouji moved his hand closer, to touch him. Back, upon Earth, he had never really made any bigger efforts to get to know Takuya, but now he suddenly found himself with new waves of thirst. To get to know him, to explore the inner side of this human. To taste him, to taste the blood...
The vampire swiftly retrieved his hand, his eyes wide in shock. To taste the blood, what was he thinking? He didn't want to hurt the brunette, no, he could never hurt him. But the bitter truth was that he knew one day it would happen. As a vampire, the nature for his creature was to live of blood. Normally he hunted for other creatures, mostly the ones who could put up a fight. But he also ate rodents, even if the taste was slightly more bitter.
Takuya slowly looked back. Kouji's expression softened and he choose to hide his fears for now. He did not want others to know his fears. The vampire got to his feet, first he swayed a little before he finally regained balance.
“I'll be fine, don't worry.” he said. Takuya nodded and followed him to face the dragon. Daisuke, who desperately tried everything to get away.
000
“Oh Great Lord of Dragons, show me mercy! Please, let me get away from here. I'll do anything to survive.”
The young dragon boy was crying out his pleas to the sky, without luck. Izumi, who stood close by grabbed her knife and moved it close to the dragons neck. “Shut up!” she yelled. “One more word and you will regret it!”
Kouichi saw the sudden outburst of action and decided to step between the two of them. The ghost calmly took the knife from the Aquila, who was currently shaking from anger. Right then, the rest of the group arrived. Takuya made some swift efforts to restrain Izumi, who stiffened at his hold. She still wasn't completely used by his human.
Kouji yanked the dragon down and started to ask several questions. For instance, what a dragon was doing this far south? What his intentions were? Was he spying for the communities? Daisuke ignored the questions, which made the vampire even angrier. Kouji grabbed the other man by the collar and by that developed a staring contest that soon ended in a draw. Both creatures looked away from the other.
Takuya slowly let go of Izumi, who seemed to calm enough to retrieve her dagger without throwing it at the dragon again. The brunette walked over to the dragon, who panicked seeing the human approach. He tried to escape, he actually managed to get to his feet without having Kouji dragging him back. But due to bad luck, he stumbled upon a tree root only a few meters away. Kouichi laughed while Kouji walked over to drag the dragon back. He still was not through with his questions.
Daisuke now desperately tried to get away. Takuya got curious of the wings, and proceeded to touch them. They were sort of leathery, but still there was something soft about them. Not as much scales as you would imagine, indeed they were covered with soft fur.
Daisuke had fainted. In the stories, if a human would touch a dragon then the dragon was dead. Those stories had been told centuries ago when the knights fancied dragon hunting in order to impress the princesses. Dragons had almost been extinct upon Earth, and luckily the last survivors had been able to return to tell the tales. And those tales where the horror stories you told chibi dragons today.
So, it is easy to understand why Daisuke was afraid, and the dragon was most surprised nothing happened to him. Instead he felt a warm hand stroking his wings, massaging them. The dragon boy started to purr, making Takuya smile as the human continued to scratch and stroke the creature's wings. Kouji watched them feeling slightly jealous, and to his brother's amazement and amusement, he could see the signs before he did.
Kouji had fallen in love!!!
The ghost started to giggle, and did his best to hide the laughter. Meanwhile Takuya had stopped his actions seeing how Kouji's face had darkened and he wondered if something was wrong. He could hear Kouichi rolling with laughter, but he presumed it had to do with Izumi or something at the moment.
Kouji shook awake from his trance feeling the human's hand on his. The vampire's dark thoughts immediately turned lighter and a light blush appeared on his cheeks as well. Takuya started teasing him about it, not noticing that he was blushing as well. But Daisuke noticed and his eyes went wide. The dragon got to his feet and dusted of his robe. His brain was deeply confused, but even so, he knew the signs and what they said.
All though, he wondered how the two of them would manage it?
000
The sun stood at its highest point and the five of them sat in a cave, enjoying some rest as well as the shade. The sun was burning hot outside, yet neither Takuya or Daisuke seemed to notice. Kouji seemed quite cool as well, his brother hid in his shadows and did not complain. It had been Izumi who had been picking on them to stop.
You cannot say the really trusted Daisuke yet, but during their walk they had learned a lot about him. For example, that he had gotten into a fight with some older dragons, who had thrown him out from their village and now he lived in exile until he could prove himself to be a worthy person again. Only two dragons had been against it, his cousins Taichi and Hikari, but so much could they do to help. He didn't have a home anymore.
“I am really sorry I started to hunt you guys, but the Aquilas are known for carrying good tasting meat. No offense Lady Izumi, my vision is harder when I am transformed then when I am like this. Guess why dragons destroy so much, we can't actually see sometimes what we are aiming at.”
Kouji shook his head. The vampire had gotten them some light, a light orb from his palm. Takuya was about to ask him how he did that. It was as unexpected as to what Kouichi had told him during their walk.
000
Flashback
The ghost had stopped him for a few seconds. Takuya had no idea why, but he did not protest.
Okay, Takuya, I know you are a human, but that leaves me a few questions. How did you and Kouji survive that fire? A dragon's fire is said to kill at the first touch.”
Takuya blinked. His memories raced back to the same moment Kouichi was talking about. He remembered feeling scared, and then some kind of warm heat emitting from his body, reflecting the dragon's fire.
The ghost blinked hearing this tale.
I wonder if you are able to hear this, but we can trash the human side in your blood. You are more then a human.”
000
Those words echoed in Takuya's mind. More then a human, but did he really have any other blood? He seriously doubted it, but who knew. Could that explain things like the fires that had started to emit from his body, especially whenever he was scared. Like why he resisted heat. Like, why he loved Kouji?
Takuya suddenly jerked awake. “Damn!” he whispered looking up to spot Kouji looking at him. The vampire looked away as soon as they made eye contact. Takuya sighed. Why him? Why on Earth did it have to be him?
000
Several days came and went. By that time, the five travelers took a careful journey, not to absorb too much attention. They were getting closer to the Magical lands and there no one knew what could happen. Generally, most magical creatures such as witches and wizards, were usually calm and friendly as long as you did not barge in. But now, traveling with a human and not to mention a dragon, who knew what could happen.
The witches and wizards guarded their boarders with magical threads, unseen to everyone except for themselves. Did it have to be such a coincident that Daisuke was the first to unmistakably cross that border, alerting them all.
Before they knew it, two wizards, one witch, and apprentice and unmistakable to their surprise, a kitsune fox, appeared before them. The witch had reddish brown hair, tied up in a spiky ponytail. She wore black robes, a black pointy hat and carried a thin wand in her hand. She had gloves, with a painted skull on each.
One of the wizards wore gray robes, no hat and his hair was short standing up. He also wore fingerless red gloves and carried a wand as well.
The second wizard had glasses, green robes tied with a belt. He had a pointy marine blue hat and wore white gloves that looked quite formal. He didn't, at least to their eye, carry a wand but instead he had thin staff with a diamond on top. The vampire, ghost and dragon knew what this meant. He was probably one of the most powerful of them, or the wiser.
The apprentice, for they could already see he was an apprentice due to his clothing. He wore a white tunic, loose pants and carried a thin sword that reminded Takuya about the Kendo swords. He also had a wand, all though it looked more like a tree root. His hair was brown and bowl cut.
The servant, slave or whatever you would call it, was a kitsune fox. He had shoulder length hair, wore simple rags that the wizards and witches had thrown to him. He looked at the five of them shyly, not daring to look his masters in the eye.
The witch eyed them suspiciously. Takuya could feel the heat around him. The heat rose... much to his surprise, and to everyone else.
TBC
000
Evil, ain't I? Hope you enjoyed, thanks for all wonderful reviews! Review responses can be found at my livejournal account.
Shitza