Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ HZ-7000 ❯ Final Part: The FINAL decision ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

On the last exciting episode of “HZ-7000”
 
Kari infiltrated Hypnoticmon's ship, and released Davis and his crew, but it was only moments after their escape that the alarm was sounded and the heroes ended up on the run.
 
After making a narrow escape, Hypnoticmon decided to take the battle tohis own hands. The army put up a valiant effort, but can fin no way to bring Hypnoticmon down, nor save the poor people of the world…
 
Don't miss the exiting conclusion todayon “HZ-7000”
 
….
 
FINAL ADVENTURE
 
(Final Part)
 
The slaves down below were really starting to lose their minds. Some were even considering of committing suicide as they just couldn't bare anymore pain and hard labor. Some of the Veterans Digimon were so weak from working non-stop; they didn't have the strength to Digivolve.
 
The slave drivers, they were all still under Hypnoticmon's spell. As long as Hypnoticmon's Digivice was in-tact, they would remain his Black-Belt army. “Ha, ha, ha… it's then of you humans!” Hypnoticmon sneered. “Perhaps next time you will think twice about attacking our homeland.”
 
Daizo gritted his teeth as he gazed down at the floor of his jet. “Sir…?” Nami asked over Radio, “Is what Hypnoticmon says true…?”
 
Daizo regretted to admit it, but it was true. He explained to those who hadn't heard the tale of back in Vietnam, when he got sucked into the Digital-World and, unwittingly, sent a rouge missile that blew up Hypnoticmon's village and started the war of the Black-Belt Brothers.
 
“Not a day goes by that I don't regret what I've done, Hypnoticmon.” He tried to persuade, “Believe me, if I had known--”
 
“Silence…!” growled Hypnoticmon, “All you humans are cruel to Digimon. Always have been and always will be! SHADOW-BALL…!” and he fired more shots. TK and Nelson's ships got hit, but were not down. HZ got hit too…
 
Veemon was starting to feel that Hypnoticmon was really certain about his beliefs. Somehow he just had to make him see that Digimon and humans could live together in peace… but how could he?
 
“Humans have attacked our kind before and again.” replied Hypnoticmon. “They are the true enemies! PSYCHIC-WAVE…!” The ships were all caught in a whirlwind. The two angels even collided into each other.
 
 
As Veemon continued to observe Hypnoticmon's ship, trying to figure a way to bring it down… Then suddenly he figured a way, but it was very risky, and he gazed up at Davis, who didn't notice him…
 
“Davish…!” he thought deeply. “I don't know if I can or should do thish…”
 
 
All the ships and the two angels tried attack Hypnoticmon all at once. Their attacks did nothing. “I have got to be dreaming…!” cried Angemon.
 
“Nothing's working anymore…!” added Kari.
 
“Ah… ha, ha…! Give I up, humans, while I still have some patience and I might let you live to serve me.”
 
“Fat chance of that, pal…!” snarled Davis. “We'll never give up, and even if we did do you really think we'd work for a psycho like you?”
 
“Wrong answer…!” growled Hypnoticmon… “SHADOW-BALL…!”
 
Davis pulled on the controls steering HZ out of the way, “Huh? Oh, no…!”, but he had left Angewomon. “LOOK OUT…!” but it was too late, she was hit! “Ow! Ugh…!”
 
“Angewomon…!” Kari and Angemon cried out at the same time. The poor angel was hovering awkwardly in midair. “My arm…! She groaned. Seeing the Digimon he once loved hurt like that, something inside Veemon snapped!
 
He let go of his steering controls with his fists clenched, and his eyes shut tight. “Davish…?” he suddenly said. “Quickly… you've got to Digivolve me.”
 
Davis gazed down at him, “Veemon? What can you do out there…? You won't be strong enough at the Champion-level.”
 
“Just Digivolve me…!” Veemon snapped. “That's' an order.”
 
Everyone gasped; Veemon had never spoken to Davis like that before. Davis would've snapped back at him, but seeing that Veemon was serious about this. “Okay…” and Davis activated his D3, which he had recovered.
 
“VEEMON… Digivolve too; EX-VEEMON…!”
 
Ex-Veemon then headed for the air-lock. Everyone questioned him along the way what he was going to do, even Daizo. Well, Ex-Veemon didn't answer, but he did have a queer look on his face… the kind that someone would only get if they were going to--
 
“He wouldn't…!” cried Kari.
 
Davis got the drift. “Oh no… he's not thinking…?”
 
Ex-Veemon left the ship, and flew in towards Hypnoticmon; crashing on the hood of his fighter. “What? What do you think you're doing? Get off of there!” he demanded, but Ex-Veemon just glared at him.
 
“Hypnoticmon… you may be stronger than all the rest of us, but that doesn't mean you still can't lose.”
 
Hypnoticmon's head throbbed in anger, “You are pathetic as the rest. PSYCHIC-WAVE…!” He tried to force Ex-Veemon off his jet, but Ex-Veemon was so determined, and so focused to finish what he started, he couldn't be shifted. “UGH…! Davis…!” he cried. “I'm sorry about this… but, you'll always be my friend. ALWAYS…!”
 
Davis realized what was going was really going to happen, “No! Ex-Veemon, don't…!”
 
“What's he doing…?” asked Angemon, and just then, Ex-Veemon fired his “VEE-LASER…!” directly into the cannons where the Psychic-Energy was coming from. Hypnoticmon gasped as the inside of his ship began to flare and spark, “BAH…?! NO--!”
 
“LOOK OUT…!” cried Daizo.
 
KABLAM…!
 
A huge explosion flared on Hypnoticmon's ship with such force, the ship started to go down and force HZ, the other jets, and the two angels with it. “WHOA…!”
 
“AAH…!”
 
“OHH…!”
 
“WE'RE GOING DOWN…!”
 
 
Everyone down below; the slaves and the slave-drivers. They all gazed up at the sky in the direction of the loud bang they heard, and then they could all see something falling form the sky towards them in flames.
 
“RUN FOR IT…!” cried Tai and everyone ran into a total muck of panic as they ran for the hills.
 
The five ships continued to spiral downward to the ground. Davis was barley able to touch down smoothly, but Daizo and his team wouldn't be able to land so well. “Bail out!” Daizo cried.
 
He, TK, and Nelson with the baby ejected, and pulled open their parachutes letting their ships hit the ground in huge explosions. Finally, Hypnoticmon himself bailed out, but had clumsily left his Digivice onboard…! “AAH… NO--!”
 
KAPOW!
 
His jet crashed and exploded, destroying the Digivice, and mortally wounding Ex-Veemon with it.
 
With Hypnoticmon's Digivice destroyed, his powers could no longer control the humans, which meant… every single human who was part of his gang had awoken from their spell, all confused and disoriented, and those onboard the large airship that was still in free-float, the vanished from their posts and repapered down below leaving the ship deserted.
 
The last ones to come down where the two angels, whom had De-Digivolved into Patamon, and Gatomon. Her arm was still very sore…
 
Once the dust had cleared, TK, Dazio and Lt. Nelson had apprehended Hypnoticmon, who was too weak to fight now; trying the villain up tightly, and the Digimon veterans gathered around with the Digimon to provide more support.
 
Matt rushed over to his brother, “TK…!”
 
Kari climbed out of the HZ-7000, coughing and hacking in all the smoke. Tai saw her, “Kari…?”
 
His sister looked up, “Tai…!”
 
The siblings rushed towards each other and collided into the biggest hug you'd ever see. “Kari, how did you do all this…?”
 
“Davis helped me…”
 
Tai and Jun's eyes lit up, “Davis…?” cried Jun, “He really is alive…?”
 
But before Kari could answer, they all heard the sound of Nami gasping, “Veemon…!”
 
Davis dashed out from the ship, “Veemon…?”
 
Jun and Tai gasped, and many people in the crowd exchanged mutters and concern that Davis was alive, but it all soon faded when everyone could see poor little Veemon, covered in blood, burns, and bruises, and lying on the ground near the wreckage of Hypnoticmon's jet.
 
Nami felt for his pulse, “It's no good… he's dying.” she said in half sob. Davis just reached them, and scooped up his poor little friend. “Veemon…? Veemon…? Can you hear me…?”
 
Veemon moaned softly and opened his eyes weakly. “Mmm…! Da-vish…” he pepped, “I… I did it.”
 
Davis smiled down at Veemon, but tears were starting to fall from his eyes for the first time in many years. “You'll be alright Veemon…” he sobbed softly, “You'll be alright…!”
 
Veemon smiled, “Davish…?” but then his eyes snapped shut, and he was digitized. Dais gazed down at his empty hands, “Veemon…!” he pepped, and he sagged down in deep sorrow, but he was far too upset to cry; Not to mention it was un-cool for a soldier to show that much emotion…
 
Almost everyone hung their heads low in shame, and sadness, and many of the Digimon had tears in their eyes, but none of them felt as bad as Gatomon; deep down she knew that Veemon had sacrificed himself as payment for Hypnoticmon hurting her arm.
 
Suddenly, the silence was broken by Hypnoticmon laughing. “Aww, isn't that too bad? Hah… ha, ha, ha…!” Everyone shot angry looks at the vile fiend, “How can you be so insensitive at a time like this?” snapped TK.
 
Hypnitcmon replied, “Hmm, mm, mm… what does it matter? We'll all be joining him soon in any case.”
 
Everyone became confused and concerned. So Hypnoticmon explained he had been prepared for this situation if he were to fail to conquer the Earth. “I can still however destroy all life on it…!”
 
He went on to explain that how his airship was still high in the air above, but there was more to it than that; the ship itself was nuclear-powered. All he had to do was activate the self-destruct system and the ship would explode, and release tons of toxic chemicals into the atmosphere, which would shortly kill all life and make the planet as baron as Mars.
 
Everyone gasped heavily while Hypnoticmon laughed maliciously. “You're world as you know it is OVER…!” and his eyes began to glow. “In twenty minutes…”
 
Aboard the ship, high above, a timer bean to countdown from twenty minutes to self-destruct. “Oh, and don't bother trying to intercept the ship with any missiles.” Hypnoticmon said. “That will still spread the chemicals, and it will still do that if it hits the water as well…”
 
Even Daizo was out of options now. “My God…! What do we do now?”
 
No one had any ideas. They couldn't blow up the ship. They couldn't crash it, and when the timer ran out they would all be doomed. “It looks like this is it for us…” cried Patamon.
 
TK's anger was spiking again. “You should've killed him while we had the chance…!” he growled at Daizo. “Because of your peaceful, non-violent solutions, this maniac of a mon just signed off all our death-warrants!”
 
“TK, stop that…!” cried Kari. “We didn't expect this… and it's not their fault. Yelling at them isn't going to help us.”
 
TK knew she was right, “But what can we do, there's only fifteen minutes left.”
 
Everyone looked up at the sky as air-raid sirens began to whirr. “Isn't there anything we can do Professor…?” cried Nami.
 
Mecha shook his head, “I'm afraid not, Nami.” He regretted to say, “We just don't have time to think of anything else. There's no way in the world we can stop it now.”
 
Davis blinked his eyes to what Mehca had said; in the world and he looked up at the clear skies, up at the Moon which was presently showing in the daytime. That's when he realized. “There is a way…” he said.
 
Everyone looked up and was eager to hear what Davis had to say, but instead of answering, Davis first walked up to Jun and hugged her very deeply. “Huh?” Jun hugged her brother back, but she didn't know why he was doing this…
 
“It was… great to see you again sis.” he said to her with a sad smile as he placed something in her hand.
 
Then he walked over and hugged Kari very deeply. “Davis…? What are you…?” then suddenly he had placed his lips over hers. “You be strong now.” he told her as he gave her something in her hand as well.
 
Then he headed for HZ-7000, “Everyone stand back…!” he cautioned them. “Davis… what are you doing?” Tai called.
 
“Colonel…!” growled Daizo, “Colonel Motomiya…!” Suddenly, HZ-7000, though severely damaged, began to take off. All the people close by backed away from the force of the motors…
 
Hypnoticmon was confused, “What is he doing…?” he asked.
 
There were only less than ten minutes to go, but Davis had already met up with Hypnoticmon's abandoned ship. That's when he received a radio-contact from Daizo. “Colonel… what do you think you're doing…?” he demanded to know.
 
“General…” Davis answered, “Don't you see…? The chemicals can't hurt anyone in outer space. I'm going to take the ship out towards the moon where it can detonate safely.
 
Daizo and Lt. Nelson realized what Davis was doing, and bravely saluted him, “Colonel… God speed to you.” Daizo cried.
 
Everyone finally realized what was going on, Davis was going to do what Veemon did and sacrifice himself in a suicidal-explosion. “Davis…! No…YOU CAN'T!” Jun practically screamed.
 
Davis looked at his sister, “Jun… look… try to see it from my angle.” he told her. “All of you…!”
 
“Look… for a long time now, I've been pretending to be dead, and letting you all believe that, and it was all because I got crazy, and selfish over my own needs… and it was all because I couldn't accept that Kari had chosen TK.”
 
“Well… I figured I caused enough trouble for everyone, including myself. Especially Mom, Dad, and Veemon… they all died because of me.”
 
Kari grabbed the transmitter, “Davis… please… she begged, “You can't do this. We can work something out.”
 
Davis didn't like what he was doing any more than she did, but it was too late to turn back as he was already well on his way to the moon and with only five minutes left… but he still had to get further form the Earth…
 
“Kari… even if I could come back, I don't really have anything to start a new life with.” he said, “Besides… even though you divorced TK, you still have his baby, and that's something I can never take away, nor take over…”
 
“Kari… I have to do this. There's too much at stake if I don't…”
 
Kari's tears were cascading down her cheeks, and her voice was almost muffled in with her contained sobs. “Oh, Davis…” she sobbed.
 
“Two minutes to Zero…!” cried Lt. Nelson.
 
Before Davis went offline, he told TK, “Listen… you look out for Kari, and the baby. That's an order Private.”
 
TK couldn't believe what he was doing, but he found himself saluting, “You got it…er… Colonel.”
 
“General Daizo… Lt. Nelson. Thank you… for everything. It was an honor to serve with you.”
 
Daizo and Nelson saluted at him. “Ninety seconds…” cried Nelson
 
“Nami… Professor. You two were the best crew I ever had. I'll always remember you for it…”
 
Nami sniffled, “Sure Davis…”
 
“Gee… thanks a bundle there…” added Mecha. “No man was ever finer than you were.”
 
“One minute…!” cried Nelson.
 
The picture was starting to break up, “Davis…!” cried Jun. “No, Davis…!”
 
Davis smiled up at his sister, and promised he'd give their parents a huge hug for her when he saw them, and just before the picture broke up, “Kari… I… love… you…!” then he was gone.
 
Everyone gazed up in the direction of the moon in the daylight skies. “Thirty seconds…” everyone just stood all around and waited for the big bang…
 
 
Davis switched on the auto-pilot, and then got out of his seat. He was just miles away from the Moon's surface, and with fifteen seconds, he stood tall and proud, and saluted like the proud soldier he would be remembered as…
 
His whole life flashed before his eyes. Then the faces of all his friends and family, his army days, and the very last image… was Kari smiling at him.
 
02…01…”ZERO!”
 
Hypnotimon's ship exploded in a big ball of fire, and blowing HZ-7000 severely to shreds. The two ships took a huge crash-dive on the moon's surface where they EXPLODED in a big ball of fire, and the gases just headed out into space where they would eventually fade away, and never cause trouble…
 
 
Everyone on Earth saw the explosion from space and cheered for a short moment, much to Hypnoticmon's dismay. “Ooh…Curses…!” he simply grunted.
 
However, to many the cost of victory was high. Two of the greatest heroes to both the real world and the Digital world were truly dead. Jun was crushed…! Now that her brother was gone, there were literally no Motomiya's left in the world at all…
 
Her family's race was finished, but she knew Davis did what he had to in the line of duty, and he was prepared to go. Suddenly, both she and Kari saw what Davis had given them… it was a-half piece of one of Davis' medals… when joined together they formed a heart shape.
 
That was Davis' very first earned medal from the HZ-Army, for his courage and bravery. The girls, though crushed smiled warmly as they let their tears fall.
 
Daizo took off his hat, and sighed. “Well lets get some rest…” he said, “We got a lot to do to rebuild everything.” He motioned that the town was still in ruins, but nothing a few good weeks of work couldn't fix, and in less than a month… the whole world was back to the way it was…
 
Everyone just prayed that it would last, as Davis would've wanted it too…
 
 
Cities fall, but they were rebuilt…
 
Heroes died, but they were remembered…
 
Five years had past, and TK was just wrapping up his latest novel of Davis and the adventures of HZ-7000. He had remarried another woman and had a son together with her.
 
He was now a novelist, and writing up all sorts of adventure stories.
 
All the others had grown up as well and moved on with their lives. Tai was a diplomat, Matt was an Astronaut, Sora was a fashion designer, Izzy a computer scientist, Joe a doctor, Mimi had a cooking show, and Kari became a preschool teacher.
 
Though Kari and TK were who they were now, they would always remember their times in the army.
 
Speaking of the army. With no further need, Daizo closed down everything, relived all his soldiers of duty, and decided to settle into retirement, but he just couldn't go a day without remembering his army days.
 
Lt. Nelson went to Military school, to wipe new soldiers of the future into shape, he was even promoted to fleet Captain, but hasn't shut up about it since.
 
Nami did exactly as she had planned and became an elementary school teacher. Though she seems to give out far too much homework. One of her student, Takato, thinks she should stick to her summer job…
 
When school was closed, Nami became a regular doctor, and took care of kids, and while Nami doesn't let it out that she's a war veteran, she still keeps headstrong.
 
Professor Mecha invented a few good machines and made a fortune, now he spends his days at his fabulous estate just bustling out with more brainy schemes to make the future today.
 
Hypnoticmon was turned over to the Digital-Authorities and sentenced to thousands of years in prison for his actions. Though some day he would return and attempt to finish what he started, everyone just hoped it wouldn't happen in their lifetime…
 
Oh, and as for the other guy who has the Veemon and owns Davis' old noodle business… well it wasn't really him. The real Davis and Veemon everyone knew and loved were gone…
 
But this guy, who used to work for Davis, and looked and sounded like him, he wanted Davis' name and legacy to be remembered more thoroughly. So he took on Davis' name, and took over the company Davis had started years back.
 
He was the new Davis Motomiya, and so the Motomiya Race was reborn. Especially when he got married and had a son who met another Veemon. “What are you still doing hanging around with your Dad? Go on and play tag.”
 
 
Yes… the Digi Destined were going on well with their lives, but everyone now and then, many of them, particularly Kari would stop in the cemetery, where Davis newly life-sized monument stood tall and proud.
 
Kari and Gatomon lay on the grave what had to be the tenth bouquet of flowers they had gotten that week, and every night they would look up at the moon and wonder if Davis was watching them now…
 
 
Matt and Gabbumon, who had just set foot on the moon… were hopping around exploring the place, “Matt… look!” cried Gabbumon. “Do you see what I see…?”
 
Matt looked forward and his eyes almost bulged to the glass on his helmet. “I don't believe it…!” he muttered.
 
There just over a few hills was the wreckage of Hypnoticmon's ship, and HZ-7000 from where they had crashed… and there… in front of the mess was Davis' corpse; frozen from the deadliness of space, and his flesh was decayed revealing many of his bones…
 
He was lying on his side, still saluting and had that same triumphant smile on his face. He really was a true hero.
 
THE END
 
Author's notes:
 
Sorry I had to end it that way folks… but remember my rules.
 
In fics like this… Davis gets Kari, or dies. I just won't accept it if he found another woman.