Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ HZ-7000 ❯ Part six: One more chance ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

On the last exciting episode of “HZ-7000”
 
Captured by the Black-Belt Brothers; Davis and crew met the mysterious Hypnoticmon who revealed the diabolical truth of what had happened to his kind during Vietnam. Hypnoticmon plans to enslave the humans, and use Davis and his crew to help him take over the world…
 
Meanwhile, having survived the destruction of the baseKari, TK, and their Digimon; teaming up with Daizo and Nelson, and after going through a one-day course of training, they are all now on their way to confront Hypnoticmon, free Davis and his crew, and bring down the Black-Belt Brotherhood for good.
 
Today, on “HZ-7000”
 
...
 
FINAL ADVENTURE
 
(Part Six)
 
By this time, everywhere around the world, Hypnoticmon's men, under his command, had enslaved every country, every city in the entire world. Everywhere people were marching along, dragging and carrying rocks and building material…
 
Basically it was worse than the cruel Pharaoh, enslaving the Hebrews…
 
Even little children were forced hard into work and the HZ-Army, they put up a valiant effort, but they were no match for the Black-Belt brothers, especially when they had learned of the destruction of their base, and the supposed death of General Daizo.
 
Almost all the soldiers were enslaved, and a few of them… didn't make it. Someone needed to do something and fast…!
 
 
Hypnoticmon's ship was flying somewhere in the skies over Obadia, where down below in the decayed city, the poor innocent people were forced to march along. Anyone who even so much as winked their eyes the wrong way got shot at…
 
“Next time… I shot to kill. NOW MOVE…!”
 
Even the Digi-Destined and their Digimon were in the crowd. Tai had surrendered to the terrorists long ago so as they wouldn't hurt Jun, Matt didn't let Tai off easy…
 
“You just had to go out there, didn't you?” he snarled for the umpteenth time. Tai rolled him eyes, but Jun looked over and smiled at her husband. “I know you meant well Tai…” she whispered to him.
 
Tai smiled, but it didn't last long when the terrorists began to shoot a near miss. “Silence, infidel, and MARCH, MARCH, MARCH…!”
 
Tai would've just lunged at the creep, but Agumon motioned him not to, “Don't do anything more stupid, Tai.” he whispered. So Tai continued with his hard labour, but now he really wishes someone was out there, and ready to help them…
 
 
Somebody was…
 
Far out over the pacific, Daizo, and his team, still in their jets, were half an hour away from their destination, and because they were using technology identical to the Black-Belt brothers, not even Hypnoticmon would be able to tell the difference…
 
He was telekinetic, but he couldn't read minds, nor see into the future; that much they all knew.
 
“All right… now once we get onto that ship, we'll need a plan.” Daizo said. “We'll have to find out where they're keeping Davis, and his crew, and get them out quickly before Hypnoticmon has a chance to retaliate.
 
TK only had one plan in mind, “And let him get away…?” he snarled, “No way can we do that. That evil Digimon caused the world so much grief and endangered so many people, and when I find him, I'll destroy him!”
 
Kari sighed…
 
Outside, the two angel Digimon had headsets on, and they had heard everything. They rolled their eyes. “He's at it again…” Angemon gestured to Angewomon. Angewomon could only tell this was going to get bad…
 
“Private Takashi…!” snapped Lt. Nelson, “You will refrain from speaking out of terms and considering disregarding orders. Do I make myself clear…?”
 
TK sighed, “Yes…”
 
Lt. Nelson cleared his throat… “I mean, Sir…!” replied TK.
 
Kari had an idea, and after explaining to Daizo, “Well it's a long shot, but it appears to be the only safest way. “Good luck, Cadet… but please, be very careful.”
 
Kari sighed, and agreed too to proceed with caution. “Please… just take of Koji for me, if I don't make it back…” she asked with a bit of fear in her voice.
 
“Don't worry Kari…” Angewomon told her, “Everything will be okay.”
 
Kari nodded, and then she sped on ahead. “Now all we can do is wait.” Daizo said.”
 
 
Onboard Hypnoticmon's airship, Davis and his crew, still held as prisoners, were trying all they could to break free. Davis tried pulling on the bars, and Veemon used his “VEE-HEADBUTT…!”
 
But it was no good, the bars were too strong. “Ooh… do I have a headache!” cried Veemon. Nami used some muscle-relaxing cream to help him feel better, but sadly nobody had any ideas of how to escape…
 
And although even Davis didn't have an idea, he wasn't willing to give up; just as always.
 
“Man… what's the matter with me…!” Davis cried as he pulled on his hair in frustration, “I used to be able to get out jams like this all the time. Why can't I think of way out of this one?”
 
 
Outside, two guards were standing watch outside when another guard dressed in black, and a ski-mask over her face approached them and explained to the two watchmen, they were being relieved.
 
The guards were confused, as they were told nothing from Hypnoticmon, but taking their ally's word for it, they left her to guard the dungeon. Then, the spy gazed round to make sure that no one was watching… and she waltzed inside.
 
Davis and crew looked up. “Oh, no… don't tell me they're going to torture us any more?” groaned Mecha, but to his and everyone else's surprise, this guard unlocked the cell door with a set of keys that she had…
 
The crew was most confused, until the spy ripped off her mask. “Kari…?!” Davis exclaimed. “What in the world are you doing here…?” asked Veemon.
 
“Shh…! keep it down!” Kari hushed. “There's no time to explain, but we're going to get you guys out of here.” She then passed Davis a small video-communicator. “Here, Daizo will be here soon with TK and the others…”
 
Davis and crew raised their eyebrows, “How can that be… Daizo's dead.” said Nami.
 
“Not as dead as you think!”
 
Everyone gazed down at the screen, “Daizo…!” cried Davis. “And look… Lt. Nelshon, TK, and the Digimon!” cried Veemon.
 
Daizo smiled at his soldiers, “I'm glad you're all okay, but you must hurry and get out of there so we can stop Hypnoticmon.”
 
“Now, hold it right there…” Mecha grumbled, “There's no way I'm trusting this young missy for all the trouble she's caused us.”
 
“That goes double for me!” snapped Nami.
 
Davis and Veemon however were not so sure. Kari did just save them, and Daizo quickly explained how TK and Kari were now members of the army; TK was a Private, and Kari was a Cadet.
 
Davis even remembered his code of honor, and he secretly liked the way that he outranked TK in a huge way. “Okay Kari…” he said to her, “One more chance.” And he grabbed Kari's hand which sealed the deal.
 
Kari smiled, and then they listened into Daizo's plan. He had full layout of Hypnoticmon's ship, and how far it was from the dungeon to HZ-7000. “We'll create a little assault outside to keep the crew distracted, which should give you an easier advantage to escape.”
 
“Remember soldiers, if you should have to be forced to use arms. Then shoot to stun, not to kill. I don't care how tempted you are… Daizo out!”
 
With that settled, and Kari passed around the extra weapons she bought along. “All right, move out!” Davis ordered. Using the map that Daizo had sent on the screen, they crept out of the dungeon and began to trek through the dark corridors of the ship.
 
 
Meanwhile, Daizo and his team were approaching the airship. “All right this is it, team.” He instructed, “Now remember… open fire at will, and make sure you keep it simple. We don't want that ship to go down now do we.”
 
Nelson, and the angels agreed, but TK was still getting a little edgy. “Ready… FIRE!”
 
The jet-guns fired at the ship, and the Angels added their attacks to make more damage. “HAND OF FAITH…!HARGH…!”
 
“CELESTIAL ARROW…!”
 
Sparks and small explosions erupted on the ship…
 
 
In the main-control room, the ship rocked about a bit, and the red alarm sound. “What's going on…?” Hypnoticmon demanded to know.
 
“We're under attack, Master… by ships of our own kind.” cried one of the helmsmen. “What…? Are you serious?” asked Hypnoticmon. “I'm positive, Master.”
 
Hypnoticmon ordered that battle-stations be armed. “Shoot them down… like dogs!”
 
“But, Master…”
 
“JUST DO AS YOU'RE TOLD…!”
 
 
With all the Black-Belt men and women rushing down the corridors, preparing to defend their ship, all were unaware of the escaped prisoners making their way towards the hanger-bay. “Go… now…!” Davis whispered.
 
The crew began to slip down the halls, through the sectors. It looked as if they would make it, but half way along, Veemon tripped, “Ow…! Uh oh…!” and he caught the attention of two guards…
 
“Hey this way…!”
 
“They're escaping…!”
 
The amber alarm sounded, and now Davis and crew had to rush. “Hurry, before they see us…!” cried Davis. “Set your guns on heavy-stun.”
 
Every now and then they would find themselves dashing down the halls and shooting at any guards that came their way. BAM! “Argh…!”
 
BAM-BAM!! “O-Ugh!”
 
The guards weren't dead, just knocked-out…
 
 
While outside… Hypnoticmon's ships were engaging battle with Daizo and his team. “Steady, soldiers…” Daizo ordered, “Shoot to immobilize, not to kill!”
 
Except for TK, the rest of the team agreed. Angewomon and Angemon dodged all the gun-fire, and managed to damaged the rockets on the enemy-ships, forcing them to retreat back into the hanger.
 
LT. Nelson, and Daizo, with their skilled shooting, they managed to do the same to their enemy-vessels. Only TK, still going berserk over all the evil in the world… he slipped! He fired at a ship, and shot out its wings, forcing it to take a nose-dive down below, and the pilot ejected only just in time.
 
“PRIVATE TAKASHI…?!” snarled Daizo. “You crazy moron, that jet is headed straight for the city below.”
 
TK gasped when he realized he was right… “Oh, no…!”
 
 
Down below, the slaves and the slave-drivers gazed up at the sky as they saw the ship coming towards them. It very lucky the wind was on their side and blew the ship far to east where it crashed into a mountain, thus no one was hurt.
 
Still, if in fact it had hit the town, there would've been massive damage like a meteor striking the ground.
 
 
Daizo promised TK, “I'll deal with you later, Private!” for the battle was still on. TK just hoped Kari was okay. “You better watch out for her Davis.” He thought to himself.
 
 
Kari was actually taking better care of herself than with the aid of others. Thanks to Daizo's training, Kari had a great shot and smooth dodging skills, and to think she only gave birth not to long ago. Davis was really impressed… but he didn't let it distract him.
 
“There… look!” cried Professor Mecha as he pointed at a large set of doors. “That must be the entrance to the hangar-bay.”
 
Davis nodded, and then gazed at Veemon, “Do it, little buddy.”
 
“Yeah…!” cried Veemon. “VEE-HEADBUTT…!”
 
BAM! The door was busted wide open, and all the guards went berserk trying to gun Davis' team down. “Scatter-about and get onto HZ!” Davis shouted. The crew agreed and a huge fight ensued.
 
Gun shots, fists, kicks, even a “VEE-HEADBUTT…!” here and there. The Black-Belt soldiers fell like dominoes…
 
 
Hypnoticmon had lost his patience. “That does it…!” he growled as he got up. “If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself.” and he marched off with his Digivice in his hand.
 
 
The fight was still going off in the hangar bay, but eventually, Davis and crew managed to get onboard HZ. “Get ready… I'm going to blast our way out…!” shouted Davis. “Prepare number-one interceptor, low range.”
 
“Right…!” cried Veemon. “Intersheptor one, read to fire.”
 
Davis gazed over at Kari who was with them in the cockpit. “Now, Kari…!”
 
Kari pulled the switch, “Fire…!”
 
The missile fired and blew the hanger-hatch down as if it were made of breadsticks…
 
 
Outside, Daizo and his team had shot down the last of the enemies when the saw the big explosion. “What's going on…?” asked Angemon.
 
“Don't tell me there's going to be more of them…?” added Angewomon.
 
“Wait… look, something's coming out.” cried Lt. Nelson. “It's… It's HZ-7000!”
 
“They've done it…” cried Daizo. “They made it out!”
 
Everyone cheered for joy, but then suddenly, BAM! Something nearly shot at all of them, just barley missing. “This is Hypnoticmon…!” the radio buzzed. “I must admit, it was clever of the way you deceived me, but it was all in vain. Now I shall shoot you all down myself!”
 
Then out from behind the airship, a smaller attack-ship, yet big enough to match HZ had appeared. “Aw, man… what is that?” cried TK.
 
Hypnoticmon laughed manically. “This ship can draw power from my own energies. I can attack you with my own powers. You don't stand a chance humans!” and he began his assault.
 
“SHADOW-BALLS…!”
 
Large black balls, with sparkling energy launched from small cannons. “Look out…!” cried TK. All the ships evaded the balls fast, but Hypnoticmon began to chase them. “You can't hide from me…!”
 
“PSYCHIC WAVE…!”
 
His powers stirred up some very mean winds that blew the ships in circles and nearly rammed them into each other. The poor pilots all felt like they were on a very mean Roller-Coaster.
 
“We've got to… try and… get control!” cried Davis.
 
The two Angels got control in the air. “Come on…!” Angemon called. “We've got to try and attack him before he has a chance to attack.”
 
“Right, let's get him…!” Angewomon agreed.
 
The two angels got near Hypnoticmon's ship. “HAND OF FAITH…! HIYA…”
 
“CELESTIAL ARROW…!”
 
Hypnoticmon, saw the attacks coming at him, “How pathetic…! HAH!” He just rammed on the controls hard, and when the attacks had struck his ship with all their might, they didn't even leave so much as a dent.
 
The Angels were shocked, and so were the pilots. “What's going on here…?” snapped Davis. “Professor, why didn't the attacks work on him…?”
 
Professor Mecha was just as baffled, “I can't make it out, Colonel. The computers can't identify the alloy covering Hypnoticmon's ship. But whatever it is, it must be mighty strong.”
 
Hypnoticmon laughed “Ha, ha, ha… right again. Nothing can attack me from the outside. My ship is virtually impregnable! Even a missile is no match for me.”
 
This was very bad news in deed. The ships continuously tried to attack him, but Hypnotjicmon was right; all their guns, explosives and missiles, and Digimon attacks were useless…
 
“Give it up humans!” Hypnoticmon sneered, “You can't shoot me down, and you can't break-up my black belt empire either. We hold all the cards now…!”
 
Davis remembered all those poor people in the city ruins down below. All of them were depending on the outcome of their victory… but what were they going to do? What could they do…?
 
“Davis…!” cried Kari and Mai at the same time.
 
Davis was totally stumped for the first time ever. “Uh… I-- I wish I… KNEW--”
 
To Be Continued