Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ I Will Love You Forever ❯ Fond Memories ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SA: *tied to a chair* Mfhhph!!!

Davis: Hahaha... that's what you get for threatening not to write!

Yolei: But who's going to write this fic. if he's tied up?

Davis: D'oh!

SA: *grinning behind the gag in his mouth*

Davis: Ok, but no more threats about not writing ok?

SA: *nodding his head rather quickly*

"What? How? Why? Did he say something wrong? Tell me!"

Taichi Yagami sighed in frustration, as he tried to silence his girlfriend just long enough for her to listen to him. "Sora, please sit down and just breathe."

She stared at him in disbelief, then obliged by his wishes silently. Tai began rubbing his temples, her sudden outburst catching him off-guard. 'She has her moments...' He reassured himself, 'It's perfectly normal.'

Locking eyes with her, he then turned to the others Takeru and Kari. As they just gave him small sad smiles... Tai sighed again then walked over to his angel.

"I don't know why, they just did." He took her hand in his and gave it a gentle squeeze, then took a breath.

"Which is what I want to talk to you about... " She gave him a look. Not one of annoyance, or shock. More like a 'Uh-oh, you've got an idea.' look.

"Umm... me and Kari were talking last night, and well..." Tai scratched the back of his head in embarrassment of asking his girlfriend for a favor. Sensing he wouldn't be able to get it out Kari sighed and cut in were he left out.

"What he means is that you and I stick with Miyako, and see if we can find out why she dumped Daisuke." Sora looked from Tai to Kari and then back at her boyfriend. Her mouth open slightly, then formed into a smile.

"Alright... but what are you and Takeru going to do?"

Tai smiled proudly, "We are going to stick with Daisuke. See if he did something to upset Miyako or something like that. If he did... we'll make him apologize or force one outta him!"

Takeru sighed, "Basically were just going to keep him company."

Sora laughed at Takeru's ability to put Tai's words into simple terms. Tai just shot him a glare at which he cringed slightly, then he just sighed smiling at his angel as her laughter seemed to tone down.

"Ok... so when do we start?"

*****

Daisuke walked the streets aimlessly in the downtown district, as he passed corner stores and mini-arcades he just became aware that he had been walking the entire morning. Taking a glance at his watch he saw that it had become 1:00 in the afternoon. He sighed as he kept walking, not really caring where he went, just so long as he could keep himself busy.

He passed an arcade he recognized, it was the one where him and his friends always went to. Deciding he had nothing better to do he stepped in. Instantly looking for his favorite game... Dance Dance Revolution.

*FLASHBACK*

"You guys got no rhythm."

Takeru and Kari were attempting to keep up with the arrows flashing across the screen... and failing horribly. Kari was to busy laughing to care at the moment and Takeru just smiled at her desperately trying to follow the direction of the arrows. As the song finished Takeru and Kari stepped down from the platform giggling.

Tai was preoccupied with Sora to watch them step down, and Miyako had her head resting on Daisuke's shoulder. He smiled again, as Takeru looked at him for that comment he had made.

"Think you can do better Daisuke?"

Daisuke merely snickered back at his friend, and nudged his girlfriend a little. She opened one eye, and pouted slightly, as he merely smiled at her. Giving her a quick kiss, he pulled some money out of his pocket and deposited it into the machine.

"Watch and learn... TJ!" Laughing at the look on his friends face, and turned around to see the first set of arrows go by. He stepped left, right, left... the pattern was a bit difficult to follow but he played it so many times already.

"Take my heart away!" The annoying cry of the announcer came on, letting Daisuke know he was doing it correctly. When he had finished he looked at Takeru with a smug look, "Think or know I can do better?"

Takeru just grumbled something unintelligible as Kari just giggled, Miyako had come up next to Daisuke and looked at the game with new found interest.

"Wanna play with me Miya-chan?" Daisuke said sounding like a little kid begging for some ice-cream. He even added a cute little puppy look for effect, she looked at him then back at the game.

"Yea, but can we try a song that isn't so difficult?"

"Sure."

As they deposited money into the machine, he flipped through the song list... and found a song he always wanted to dance with.

"Boys? Daisuke what kind a song is that?"

Daisuke just waved his hand, "I've never really danced to it, but it's pretty simple. Now just look at the arrows and step when you see it reach the outline of that arrow, ok?"

She nodded her head as the beginning of the song began to play, Daisuke saw her move to the arrows like she had known how to do it for so long. He smiled as he saw that she didn't even miss a step, and then he noticed that they were moving in harmony... always taking the step at the exact same time.

As the song finished he could see she had a dreamy smile on her face, and it was directed at him. He got nervous as she leaned and kissed him on the lips. Daisuke let himself melt into her, her scented shampoo invading his nostrils. He broke away as he could hear the snickers from everyone in the room, especially T.K. and Tai. She just intertwined her fingers with his and lead him away, Dai stared at the back of her head... not knowing where she was taking him. 'She smells so good! And she's just so beautiful... I'm such a lucky guy.'

"Miya-chan, where are we going?"

A one worded reply caused him to pale, "Shopping!"

*End Flashback*

Daisuke sighed as he stared at the game, he didn't want to play... his heart wasn't in it. More like shattered into a million pieces, he didn't want to remember... otherwise he might go back to Miyako and plead for her to take him back.

"Funny thing is I don't know what I did wrong..."

Realizing he wasn't going to play anything he headed for the exit, as he pushed through the doors he heard someone call out his name.

"Daisuke!"

He turned to see Tai, and T.K. running up to him. Skidding to a halt, they caught their breaths. As they finished Daisuke gave them a curious look, and looked around the area.

"Where's Sora and Kari?"

Tai scratched his cheek nervously, "Uhh.. they're with Miyako."

Dai merely blinked, and managed a weak "Oh." hanging his head slightly.

"Hey I'm hungry, how 'bout you Tai?" Tai looked at T.K. funny, but then caught on as T.K. raised his eyebrows.

"Uhh... yea, me too. Daisuke did you eat lunch?"

Daisuke shook his head glumly, and stared at the ground finding the cracks interesting. Tai looked at the top of his friend's head sadly, 'Wish I could do more for him.'

"Why not come eat with us? I'll buy!" Daisuke spirits was like a dim light bulb, but they brightened a little at the kindness they were showing him. He nodded his head, as he let his stomach do the talking. As they began to head to the nearest Diner Tai looked into the sky, 'I'm counting on you Sora, and Kari.'

******

Miyako was twisting a napkin in her hands, they (being her, Sora, and Kari) had ordered something to eat a few minutes ago. She was waiting for it patiently, as the other two girls with her were talking amongst themselves. She hated being left out, but didn't want to let her problems with her love life interfere with the relationship with her friends.

"Those orders are sure taking awhile, huh?" Miyako said starting up a conversation, the other two girls nodded.

"Do you think we should make sure they got our orders?" Kari asked while looking at a waitress passing by. Sora merely waved a hand in the air.

"Just give them a few more minutes." Miyako could remember when they would be at this diner, everyone in their own personal both.

*FLASHBACK* (A/N: don't you hate 'em? no, of course not!)

Daisuke was being snuggled by a very happy and giddy lavender haired girl, who happened to be his girlfriend.

"Miya-chan, are you cold in here?" He asked the girl who seemed to be taking a nap on his shoulder, she merely opened one eye giving him a dreamy smile.

"No, I just like being close to you Dai-kun." To show she meant it, she gave a kiss on his nose. As she pulled away he pouted slightly which caused her to giggle, then he leaned in kissing her. His tongue running along her lips, asking for more access to her mouth. She permitted, opening her mouth slightly as his tongue found hers and started to play.

"Do you want your food, or you two going to eat each other?"

Daisuke and Miyako immediately pulled away, blushing terribly. Daisuke shot the waiter a look of annoyance, but his angel of love and sincerity just cuddled against him again which made him lighten up.

Daisuke had ordered some pancakes with hash-browns, and Miyako just ordered scrambled eggs with bacon and a biscuit. Miyako looked as her boyfriend poured a huge amount of maple syrup onto his food. She stared at the huge mountain of pancakes he had ordered.

'He sure can eat.' She thought, then smiled as she remembered getting him to try some recipes she cooked at home. She got an idea, and rubbed her face into his shoulder. As always he looked at her with a puzzled look, motioning to the pancakes he cut it up into pieces. She was going to get some but he started to feed it to her, she swallowed hard. She needed something to drink bad, she quickly grabbed some orange juice and gulped it down.

"How can you use so much syrup?"

"After eating your cooking, I have a iron stomach."

"WHAT!?" She looked at him with anger set in her eyes, which would have sent normal boys running. But he wasn't a normal boy, he quickly kissed her on the lips. Pulling away he licked his lips, and she merely looked at him wide-eyed.

"Mmmm... syrup covered Miya-chan." She blushed at the way it sounded...

"Hey Daisuke, you two aren't getting freaky with the food now are ya?" Tai said leaning over to their table grinning, then yelped as Sora pinched him.

"No more than you and Sora." he replied with a grin, as he saw the older boy blush and go back to his table.

Miyako just looked at him with analyzing eyes, 'He never gets scared and runs when I get angry, heck he always puts up with my attitude. I'm so lucky to have a boyfriend like him.'

Daisuke noticed her looking at him and smiled at her, it always made her want to melt the way he smiled at her. She could feel her heart beat faster every time he looked at her, the way he said her name ignited a fire within her.

*END FLASHBACK*

'But I can't go back to him, he probably hates me.' She cringed at the thought of her Dai-kun not wanting to even speak to her. 'I hope Dai can forgive me, he...'

The sound of a bell ringing snapped her out of thought, and she looked to her friends faces, whose mouths were hanging open. She quirked an eyebrow and spun around to see what the problem was, and her mouth opened in shock as well. Standing in the doorway was Tai, T.K., and Daisuke.

They scanned the area for a place to sit, and stopped as their eyes locked with their respected loved ones. Tai and T.K. smiled but then gasped as they realized that Miyako was with them.

Daisuke had locked eyes with Miyako, his eyes nearly made her want to jump and run to him attacking him with kisses. But the glimmer that he held every time he saw her was gone, in it's place was pain and sadness. She could feel the tears in her eyes, as she saw them in his. Time seemed to stop and they were the only people in the room, Miyako's mouth was open and she couldn't think of a thing to say. She just wanted him back so badly...

'I can't... Dai, please forgive me.'

Daisuke had made the decision, he just opened the door and ran.

*****

Across the street a girl had witnessed it all, and smiled putting her hands together.

"Hahaha... I told you Inoue, I told you. Now he will belong to me, and you will never get to see him again. Such a pity for you, you stupid girl."

And then she waked away from the scene, laughing her head off.

Rambling(s): Well I'm so happy people like the first chapter. And I do hope you like the chapters to come. Read it, Enjoyed it (I hope), and don't forget to review!

SA: Well... that was fun.

Yolei: WHO WAS THAT?!

SA: Huh?

Yolei: She better not be stealing my man!

SA: Uhh... well...

Yolei: (grabbing me by the shirt) SHE BETTER NOT!

SA: Can't... breathe...