Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ I Will Love You Forever ❯ Heartache ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Davis: You know, I'm surprised Yolei didn't kill you.

SA: (with black eye) Your helpful...

Davis: *shrugging shoulders* You should have known better than that.

SA: Whatever... just get me a pack of ice ok?

Davis: Sure, trust me That bruise will be there for about two weeks.

SA: You would know, huh?

Miyako stared at her loves retreating figure, after Daisuke opened the door and left, she (out of instinct) ran out the door. She nearly threw Tai and T.K. into a wall trying to get to the door, and now she just stood there with tears welling up in her eyes.

'I wish... I want it to go away. It hurts so bad... it hurts.' She let a soft cry escape her lips as she clutched at her chest, she felt as if her heart had split in two. Her head downcast, she tried to keep from crying but it was useless. She fled the opposite direction of Dai and cried her head in her hands.

******

Tai looked as the purple haired girl ran down the street, then looked in the direction that Daisuke ran down. 'This... this isn't right.' Tai looked at the others, who where staring back at him.

"What do we do now Tai?" Sora asked walking up to him, she slipped her hand into his as if lending him strength.

"From the looks of it, Miyako still loves him." Sora looked at him funny, "What makes you say that?" She asked with a note of disbelief.

"The way she looked at him. It's like... I don't know how to say it. Best way I can describe it is, she looked at him like the way you look at me."

Sora looked at him mouth agape, "You... how did you..."

"Hey!" Tai said with mock anger, "Don't act like I never pay attention with things around me, though it's hard to concentrate when you're around." He said grinning at her, she merely blushed a response.

T.K. rolled his eyes, 'Nice line Tai.'

"So what are we going to do now?" Kari asked, still looking at the street Miyako ran down.

Tai was carefully thinking his plan through, and then felt like a brilliant lights had gone off at once. "They just opened a door of opportunity!"

The group looked at him funny, he was too excited to pay attention though. "Now all you have to do is ask why she broke up with Daisuke!"

Sora and Kari's eyes widened and they nodded in unison, but then there heads went down again.

"She may not want to talk about it, she probably just needs to be left alone right now." Kari said sadly, looking back down the street.

"No," Kari turned to look at him, "What she needs is a friend to be there for her, and you two fit that description perfectly. We'll take care of things on Dai's end."

Tai walked over to Sora giving her a gentle, quick kiss. "Good luck!" Then he ran off, with T.K. following suit, after giving Kari a kiss as well.

"Thanks, we'll need it."

*****

Miyako had stopped running awhile ago, her throat was dry and hoarse. As the last of her tears fell she heard footsteps behind her, and looked in that direction. She let a low snarl emit from her throat, as she saw the one person she was not in the mood for. 'Emily…'

***** (Flashback) (a/n: Last one I promise… well maybe.)

"Your pathetic."

"Hmm?" Miyako asked turning to look at a girl with pink hair, and green emerald eyes. She had heard about her from the other girls at school, supposedly she had a crush on her Dai-kun. (possessive huh?) And from the other things she heard she didn't like, as she could recall hearing about her flirting with Daisuke and cheering for him at soccer games. She was a skilled athletic and it showed, her body was slender and she had long legs.

'Probably on the track team.' Thought Miyako bitterly, she put away her textbook and looked at Emily with annoyance. "Is there something I can help you with?"

Emily grinned at her, arms crossed in front of her chest. Miyako fidgeted slightly, but otherwise stood her ground. "I said your pathetic, you actually think he cares about you. Better yet your not good enough for him, your nothing more than a bookworm, a computer-freak. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he dated you out of pity."

Miyako twitched slightly, "Oh, and what makes you say that?"

Again with that grin, Emily started to act bored with the conversation. Twirling a lock of her hair in with her index finger, she locked eyes with Miyako a strange glimmer shining in them. "Oh come now, what makes you think you can make him happy?" She put her hands on her slender hips, "He wants someone who can keep up with him, someone who can test his skills. You are none of those, he wants someone who he can relate too. Someone he can talk to about the things he does. And you actually think you can do that?" She threw her head back in laughter, "You can't even kick a soccer ball properly. Well whatever, enjoy your last moments with him.... what a loser." She mumbled loud enough for Miyako's ears to hear.

Miyako turned her head in the other direction, trying not to let her words get to her. 'She's not right... she's not. Daisuke isn't like the type to date girls out of pity.' She shook her head hoping to clear her thoughts, but they kept haunting her. 'He likes soccer and... he's starting to get into cooking. And... I like Computers, and Science...' She gasped... her hand covering her mouth. 'We don't have a thing in common... no, no, no... she's lying. DAISUKE LOVES ME!!!' She wanted to believe it, more than anything, but those words kept torturing her...

"You think you can make him happy?"

'He's happy, he's perfectly happy with me... isn't he? What if... he's just waiting for another girl to come around? No, no, my Dai would never do that.... right?' She shivered as she couldn't come up with an answer for that.

***** (End Flashback)

There stood Emily, pink hair and all. Along with a blue jacket, and wearing black pants that showed off how firm her legs were. "What's the matter Inoue? Lose something?" She said in a snotty tone.

Miyako could feel another wave of tears, but stood in defiance. "None of you damn business Emily." She had her hands balled into fists, ready to give her a good right hook if she said one thing to royally piss her off.

"Tsk, tsk, such a horrible temper. No wonder you two aren't together..." She grinned again, and shoved her hands into her jacket pockets. "I knew you couldn't make him happy, what a pathetic little girl you are." She turned around to walk away, "I'll do what you can't do, he belongs with me. I'll make him happy." She left Miyako alone, walking away humming as if it were the perfect day.

Miyako broke down, and cried again. Daisuke would surely take her, she had an athletic figure. And was into the same things as Daisuke. Miyako cried as it all sinked in, Daisuke would never be hers again.

<Continued>

SA: LOCK THE DOOR!!!

Davis: Why?!

SA: The minute your girlfriend reads this, she'll kill me!!!

Davis: Your overreacting...

(The sound of slamming on SA's front door can be heard)

Yolei: I KNOW YOUR IN THERE!!! GET OUT HERE RIGHT NOW!!!

SA: Still think I'm overreacting?

Davis: ^_^;;