Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ I Will Love You Forever ❯ He isn't yours... ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SA: Well, since I'm still alive Yolei didn't beat me up too much.

(Davis looks at the door off it's hinges)

Davis: But SA did learn a valuable lesson.

SA: And what would that be?

Davis: Don't piss off Yolei.

SA: Too true.

------------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------------------------

Daisuke had stopped running long ago, and was sitting under a tree his legs stretched and his body limp. His eyes were half closed as though he would fall asleep at any moment. He stared out into nothing and let the people passing by stare at him. He didn't care, he just didn't care. His thoughts were replaying the diner... how Miyako had shock written all over her face. She probably didn't want anything to do with him, and... had wanted him to leave.

He never heard the footsteps from behind him, as Takeru and Tai approached cautiously. Takeru looked at Daisuke's form with sorrow in his eyes, it was hard to believe that this was the always carefree, energetic, happy Daisuke.

Tai looked at him with sorrow as well and, for a moment, thought if he would act that way if Sora ever broke up with him. 'Probably worse.' he thought. "Daisuke?"

The younger wearing goggle-head looked in Tai's direction, his eyes empty and without life. Tai stared at him and lost the words he was going to say in his throat. He gulped down the lump in his throat, regaining the words he tried once more. "Daisuke, you ok? I mean about what happened?"

Daisuke's eyes flickered back with fire, he stood up slowly. Then looked at Tai with a glare. "No Tai, I'm not alright! My girlfriend just dumped me for some reason that I can't figure out!" Daisuke readjusted his jacket, and he took a breath. "Sorry for yelling, it's just... put yourself in my shoes. I'm upset, y'know?"

Tai nodded in understanding, as Takeru looked out into the distance. "Daisuke, we could go and hang out somewhere else ya know? Just us guys, help you forget."

Daisuke let out a sigh, and looked at Takeru with a painful expression on his face. "That's the problem T.K., I don't want to forget her. I'm in love with her, and I don't want to let her go. But I can't force myself on her... she's... well, you have to deal with her in a certain way."

They started walking Daisuke still explaining. "She has to be dealt with gently, give her space. But... it's hard to explain. I'll just wait and see, if she truly wants to break up then she won't come back."

Tai looked at Daisuke's face, and could see the hurt by those words. "But what if she doesn't want to break up?"

Daisuke looked at the older leader. "Then... well..."

Tai shook his head, "She may just be afraid to come back. Afraid you will reject her, or to face you."

Daisuke was thoughtful for a moment, and waked in silence. He let it sink in, he would have to see Miyako and try to ask why. He'd have to do it soon, if not it would eat away at his soul. "Hey? Where are we going?"

---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------

Sora and Kari had walked around for quite awhile. Feeling restless they decided to rest, but just as they found a spot to sit down they heard soft crying coming from behind. They cut through the bushes and saw Miyako sitting on a bench, her head in her hands again.

Kari felt for her friend, she didn't like to see Miyako like this. She was always strong, and determined, as well as joyful. This was probably tearing her apart inside.

Sora looked at Miyako, her heart twisting inside. She wasn't best friends with her like Kari and Mimi... but they were good friends who watched out for each other. And she felt like a sister to her, just like Kari and Mimi did.

Kari put an hand on Miyako's shoulder... as Miyako looked up with red puffy cheeks, and watery eyes. She just sat there sniffling the last of her latest crying fit passing over. Sora decided to make the first move. "Miyako, what happened between you and Dai?"

Miyako looked at Sora, a bit of anger rising within her... then dropping quickly. She was the only one who could call Daisuke that... but it had become a nick-name everyone called him now. Miyako took a deep breath and began to explain. "I broke up with Daisuke. Which kinda explains about back there at the diner... I told him yesterday. And... well, I'm sorry about that."

Kari shook her head, rubbing Miyako on the back. "Forget it, but if you don't mind. Could you tell us why?"

"Why what?" Miyako asked, looking at the ground.

"Why did you break up with him." Sora stated, looking at Miyako's face. She could see it knot in effort trying to explain, and by the time she had finished, Sora had her mouth open, as did Kari.

"That... that...bi-"

"KARI!" Sora snapped, looking at the younger girl. "That isn't a nice thing to say about people."

"Well she is!" Kari fired back, and Sora nodded in agreement.

"True she is, but she's not important." Sora looked at Miyako with a smile. "Miyako, do you actually think that Daisuke is like that?"

"No...well, I...don't know." Miyako struggled another crying session. But Kari interrupted before she had the chance.

"Look, Miyako. Why are you going out with Daisuke?"

"Because I love him!" She nearly yelled out loud enough for the whole park to hear.

"Kari?" Sora motioned for her to come out of ear-shot. Once they were far enough they began to whisper.

"Look Kari, this is getting us nowhere. How about we go look for Tai and the others, I'm sure Daisuke is with them."

Kari looked at Miyako, who was still staring at the floor. Then nodded her agreement, a plan forming into her mind.

"Miyako?" Kari asked, with an air of innocence. Her lavender haired friend looked up, with a curious expression.

"Would you like to go shopping?" Sora groaned at Kari's suggestion. 'Dang it Mimi, why'd you have to get them both addicted to shopping.'

Miyako thought about it for a second, then put a smile on her face. "Yea, that'd be nice."

----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------

Daisuke looked out into the skating rink with awe. If anything he loved to skate, he had done it since he was but a small child. His sister taught him, and he had become addicted since. He stepped out cautiously onto the ice, and held onto the ledge to steady himself. Looking at Tai struggling with his skates, he held back laughter when Tai landed straight on his rear. Takeru however did not hold his laughter back, and Tai shot him a glare that shut him up. Daisuke grinned and then began to make laps around the gigantic ice rink. A Christmas tree stood in the center of the rink, it reached all the way to the top of the mall.

'I wonder how they decorate that thing?' Daisuke thought looking at it with fascination, before bumping into something soft. "Oww.."

Daisuke looked at the victim of his mistake, and was met with a girl with pink hair and green eyes, and an athletic build that would make other boys crumble. (sa: duh-duh-duhhh) "Oh, I'm sorry..."

"Emily." She stated, she held out her hand. "Nice to meet you Daisuke."

Daisuke took her hand and stared at her his brow furrowed. "I'm sorry, I don't remember meeting you."

She giggled which caused him to shiver, "No, of course not. I know you from watching your soccer games, I'm one of your fans. I just never told you my name."

"Oh, well... sorry bout that." He said embarrassed, then Takeru skated up to them. "Hey Daisuke, who's your friend?"

"Takeru this is Emily, Emily this is Takeru." Daisuke said introducing politely. (That's a first)

"Nice to meet you Emily, Daisuke we're gonna get a bite to eat. Tai says he's tired."

"What of falling?" Daisuke asked laughing at the end, Takeru laughed with him. "Yea he probably is, come on Daisuke, he says he's buying."

Daisuke turned to look at Emily, "Well, umm... would you like to join us?"

"Sure, that's very kind of you."

As they skated away Takeru looked at Daisuke from the corner of his eye. 'Daisuke, I hope Miyako doesn't catch you with her. She'll think the worst, and then who knows.'

---------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------

"What about this one, Kari?" Miyako asked, showing a light blue sweater.

"I don't know, it looks like something Daisuke would like. The color is all him." At the mention of his name, Miyako's eyes closed slightly. 'Gah! Smart move Kari, your supposed to get her to not think about him now. And where's Sora?! She said she was going to call Tai's cell and see where they are.'

Miyako held the sweater close to her chest, and thought about her Daisuke again... was he even still hers? She was re-thinking the whole break up... and she knew what her answer was. But what was Daisuke's?

"Miyako?" Blinking, she looked at Kari smiling.

"Sorry, I spaced out." Kari held out a t-shirt with a 'Hello! Kitty' small logo on the front.

"I'm thinking of getting this, but I can't decide on this or the-" Kari stopped after seeing Sora rush toward them. Then grabbed Kari's arm and pulled her away, telling Miyako they were going to look at shoes within the store.

"What? What is it Sora?"

"Their here."

"Who's here?"

"Tai and the other's there in the mall, at the food court."

Kari's mouth opened, and she looked at Sora with pure astonishment.

"Your kidding."

"Nope, now we have to get those two to meet."

"That's easy, we still haven't eaten. And I'm getting kinda hungry."

Walking back to their friend, they asked if Miyako was ready to go. Paying for their things, Sora asked the question.

"Are you hungry Miyako?"

Miyako could feel the emptiness in her stomach, and agreed whole-heartedly.

"Ok, lets head to the food court."

---------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------

Tai put away his cell phone, and tucked it into his jacket pocket. 'I hope this thing gets settled by tonight, I know there in love. It's obvious, their just nervous... it's always like that the first few months.'

Walking up to the cash-register he looked at the menu. "Umm... I'll have two number 3's and one number 5, no pickles extra ketchup?" (SA: Damn you Kevin!)

"That's $7.56."

Pulling his money out of his front pocket, Tai gave him the money. Waiting for his order, he saw Daisuke and Takeru talking with some girl. They approached him and waved hello, he waved back nervously.

'Who is she?! She could ruin the whole plan!' A panicked Tai thought, with very much nervousness.

"Hey Tai, this is Emily." The girl held out her hand, which Tai shook with quickness.

"Hi Emily, Daisuke will you wait here for the orders?"

"Sure thing Tai."

Tai grabbed, or rather yanked, T.K. with him out of range.

"Tai, what's the matter?"

"Kari, and Sora are here. Along with Miyako."

T.K.'s eyes widened... and he looked at Emily. "Oh no, we have to get her out of here."

"Yea, but how...?"

"Hey you two!" Tai and T.K. paled... that was Sora's voice.

Sora, Kari, and Miyako looked at Tai and T.K.

"Uhh... hi!" Tai said, trying to block Miyako's vision.

T.K. looked behind him, and found Daisuke sitting not too far from them. That girl Emily sitting there as well, and the food was settled on the table. Daisuke began to walk in their direction...

"T.K.!" Kari looked at her boyfriend with annoyance. "Are you listening to me?"

"Yea, why do you think I'm not?"

"Then what did I just ask you?" Kari asked, arms crossed in front of her.

"Kari! Hey, what are you doing-" Daisuke stopped in mid-sentence, looking at Miyako.

Miyako looked back, her mind telling... no screaming at her to run this time. Run to him, and ask him to take her back. She took a step closer to Dai, and then hesitated. Daisuke looked at her, his vision becoming hazy. He wouldn't cry... not now.

"Miyako..." She nearly fell on her knees when she heard him say that. It was enough to make her scream out that she loved him, and that she wanted him to take her back.

"Daisuke, what's the hold up?" Emily came up from behind him, and stared at everyone. Her gaze stopped at Miyako, and she glared at the bearer of Love and Sincerity.

Miyako took a step back, and nearly screamed in horror. 'She's already here! She's already making a move one Daisuke!' Infuriated, Miyako walked up to Emily and slapped her, leaving a red mark. Then turned to Daisuke... "How could you..." Was all she said before turning on her heel and leaving. Daisuke stood there, stunned.

'How could you? How could I what?!' Daisuke checked Emily, and asked if she was ok. After telling him yes, he spun on his heel and followed Miyako.

'No, I'm not letting you go that easy Miyako. I'm not letting you get away this time.'

----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------

SA: Well there it is... not too bad. Horribly rushed though.

Davis: That's it? Your finished?

SA: Heck no! I got one more chapter, then I'm finished.

Davis: Oh.

SA: I hope your girlfriend likes this one.