Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Let's Make Kari Jealous ❯ I want to be cool ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's notes:
 
Wow… a lot of people have already taken a liking to this fic…
 
Maybe I should punish Kari more often… heh, heh, heh.
 
CHAPTER THREE
 
Jun tried to call Tai on her cell-phone, but all she got was his voice-mail. She sighed irritably, “Tai, its Jun… will you please get over here before I completely lose it, or we're through.”
 
Davis liked seeing his sister getting dumped; sometimes he would even prank her boyfriends so it would result in break-up… however, Davis just couldn't take his eyes off Leticia that much as she explored around the apartment. “So… dis is how cool teen is livink, no?”
 
Davis sighed heavily, “She thinks I'm cool.” he said aloud. Jun pursed her lips in disapproval, “I take it where she's from, cool means… brain-dead.”
 
Davis growled angrily at his sister, but suddenly he heard Leticia gasp. She was in the kitchen and holding the two people-shaped ceramic shakers from the table. “Oh… little people for salt and pepper…? How fascinating…”
 
“Davis… I must see your room, yes?”
 
Davis was almost finding it hard to control himself. “Sure… right this way.” He said as he took her hand.
 
 
Leticia almost couldn't find anything to criticize about Davis' messy room. She even thought Veemon was just adorable. “Oh, such a cute little pet…” she said as she planted kisses all over his head.
 
“Hey… hey… easy on the shcalp.” Veemon said.
 
“Ah… and such cute little lisp…” replied Leticia.
 
Davis really felt lucky now, “So, is there anything you want to do?” he asked, “Like we could head out and maybe grab a pizza.”
 
Leticia turned, “Pizza? Ooh… I vould love too.” she said. Davis almost couldn't believe it, his very first date in a long time. He really hoped that date would be with Kari, but… he was so wrapped up his own thoughts, he just didn't care about that anymore.
 
“Davis, I must confess I am impressed by your vays of livink.” Leticia said. “I vant to be cool like you… You vill show me how, yes?”
 
That was it… Davis honestly didn't know what to say.
 
 
Kari and TK were still out that day, and Kari had finally let go of everything that had happened the other day. “Boy, TK… you sure do know how to make a girl feel better.” she said.
 
TK chuckled, “Hey… if I didn't know any better I'd say we were officially on a date.” He joked, but he knew both he and Kari weren't really on a date. They both admitted a long time ago that they weren't ready for that stuff, being only thirteen and all.
 
Just then… as they came to the corner, “Do you see what I see?” Kari asked. TK nodded, it was Davis and Veemon, “But… who's that with them?”
 
The gang was walking to the pizza-parlor, while on the way, Davis was trying to teach Leticia the basics of how he knew to be cool, and the first step was posture while you walked.
 
As Leticia came up to Davis he observed her pose. “No, no, no...” Davis said as he helped straighten her pose. “A little less back-bone… and a little more suave…” Leticia now stood with her back leaning backward a bit, her hand on her hip, and her face turned towards her shoulder. “That's the idea…” Davis said.
 
Kari and TK watched Davis and the strange girl walk off, while holding hands too. Also… a strange black limousine with a shady looking driver passed by
 
“Either I was seeing things…” TK said, “Or could that girl be Davis'--”
 
“No…” Kari quickly said, “She can't be… Davis said he never had a date in his life, and he said I was the only one for him.”
 
TK wasn't sure, but he almost swore he detected a strange tone in Kari's voice; faint, but it was there.
 
 
At the parlor, Leticia was amazed by all her surroundings. She was about to eat a slice of the pizza with her fork and knife, when Davis stopped, “Ah-Ah-Ah… like this.” he told her as he showed her how to take a huge bite out of the slice, and let the cheese string out at the end.
 
“Ahh… like dis?” She asked as she copied him exactly in the same way. Davis and Veemon winked at each other.
 
As they ate, both Davis and Leticia grabbed a long thick thread of cheese, and began eating at it from both ends. They kept eating, and eating, while they didn't see their faces moving closer and closer… until finally… their lips were barely brushing against the others' when they opened their eyes…
 
They both let out nervous giggles, and blushed as they stared awkwardly at each other.
 
Before heading in for the night, Davis asked Leticia for her cell-phone number and not only did she give it to him but, “Davis… we vill do some more tomorrow, yes?” she asked.
 
Davis just couldn't say no. “Sure… I'll call you.”
 
Leticia leapt for joy, and pecked Davis on the cheek before rushing off. Davis just stood there completely paralyzed. Veemon poked at his legs, “Uh… Davish…?” he asked.
 
Ever so slowly, Davis rubbed his hand across his cheek, some of Leticia's lip-gloss that had slightly smeared his face rubbed onto his fingers. “Oh… I am on FI-YAR!” he said with pride as he began to walk home.
 
Little did he realize that he was being watched two ways!
 
One was Kari… who had seen everything from far on the other side of the street on her way home. “I don't believe it…” the thought to herself, “Did she just plant one on him?”
 
Suddenly she realized, “Did I just think that?” she wondered. She ignored it, and walked home.
 
The second watcher was that same black limo that had been following Davis and Leticia since they went out that day. The driver rolled down his window as he gazed on until Davis was out of site. “Hmm…” then he drove off into the night.