Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Let's Make Kari Jealous ❯ Kari snaps ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FOUR
 
All through that week, Davis and Leticia met after school and headed back out so Davis could teach her more ways to be cool. Davis even got to show off his soccer skills to her. “Ooh… such amazing talent. I vill try… no?”
 
“Sure… here…” Davis said as he kicked the ball towards her.
 
As they spent their time, Davis didn't notice that Kari was watching from the school windows. She had a sour stare on her face, almost as if she didn't like that girl being with Davis.
 
She didn't even notice that the others were watching her from the door. They too had heard about Davis and Leticia, but they were more concerned the way Kari had been acting the past few days.
 
Davis hadn't been hanging out with the gang too much after school since Leticia came along, and he would always be hanging with her instead, and every time she caught so much as glimpse of them, walking together, talking, or even sharing a laugh, Kari would always scowl.
 
The others, even the Digimon huddled in close at the other end of the room. “I think Kari maybe jealous of Leticia.” Cody whispered.
 
“No doubts here…” Ken said, “Just look at her over there.”
 
Even thought Kari's face was turned, they could tell she still had that sour look on her face, and her right eye was twitching like a crazy lady. “She could be a regular sour-puss.” Gatomon said.
 
“I'm not being a sour-puss.” Kari suddenly said. Obviously she had heard everything that was said, “I'm for your information, maybe I think that maybe Davis has just been spending more time with that girl, than with us like he should be.”
 
The others were now more than convinced that Kari wasn't herself. “Kari, are you feeling okay?” TK asked.
 
Kari's eye twitched again. “I'll be fine…” she said, “I'm going home. Come on Gatomon.”
 
The others all told Gatomon, “Keep a close watch on her…” Gatomon agreed, and off she went laving the others still finding it hard to grasp at what was going on. “She's jealous all right.” Yolei said.
 
“Yeah… but why?” Ken wondered.
 
 
No sooner had Kari and Gatomon left the building, after seeing Davis and Leticia walk around a corner hand-in-hand, “That's it… I'm following them.” Kari snapped and she ran after them trying to keep them in her sight.
 
“Kari!” Gatomon called, “Why are we doing this…”
 
Kari hushed the cat-creature, and just kept on with her pursuit. As she followed them, her inner-voice seemed to be arguing with her trying to tell her, “This isn't like you. What do you think you're doing?”
 
“Stop it… I'm just tired of Davis spending so much time with her, that's all!”
 
Even still, as they kept going, Gatomon had this strange feeling, “Don't look now, but think we're being followed.” she said. Kari looked round, and saw that exact same limousine she had been seeing even since Leticia came to town.
 
Then, the driver of the limo came out. He was a tall, bald, and ribbed man, and he stared at the girls as if he meant business. “You there… camera-girl.” He said in the same slavacian accent as Leticia, “You following Leticia for businesses?”
 
Kari got the impression that this guy knew something about Leticia that no one else, not even Davis, knew. Still… she wasn't about to let some lug bother her in her pursuit.
 
Even though she was trapped with the man in front of her and a cement wall behind her, “Gatomon… give it to him!” she ordered.
 
Gatomon thought Kari had finally lost it, but nevertheless, “LIGHTNING-PAW!!” she used her attack, softer than normal, and the man was knocked off his feet giving them the chance to break for it.
 
They managed to lose their tails, but they lost track of Leticia and Davis. Kari was really annoyed, “UGH… I won't stand for this much longer.” She grunted as she angrily walked home.
 
Gatomon didn't bother to say anything to her. Kari was still refusing to admit that she really was jealous of Leticia. Davis was ogling her just the way he did on Kari. Thought sometimes it was annoying, Kari still thought that it was cute in some ways how he tried to get her attention.
 
“He's always ogled over me. I'm the one that should be there… not that… that…” the word she was search for, she couldn't say or think, but what she was thinking next would shock and utterly make most people not believe her anymore.
 
 
The next afternoon, after school was out…
 
Kari saw Leticia in the soccer field kicking a ball, and Davis wasn't there yet. “Okay… going in.” she muttered to herself.
 
She made her way to the field, “Hi Leticia…”
 
“Oh… hello… er… Ka-ri, is it?”
 
Kari nodded, “So… uh… I guess you're waiting for Davis?” she asked.
 
Leticia nodded, “Ve are going to have so much fun. I am thinking he is coolest ever.”
 
Kari was disgusted by that statement.
 
“He will be here soon, yes?”
 
It was now or never. “Uh about that…” Kari lied, “Davis asked me to tell you from him… he told you to take a hike!”
 
Leticia looked confused, “Oh…? Ve are to… take a walk together?”
 
Kari couldn't believe how oblivious this girl seemed to be. “No… he means for you to go away. You know get lost?” Kari replied, “He said you totally lied to him and were just using him to learn about trends. He told me to tell you form him… find yourself someone else!”
 
Leticia gasped, and then… she ran off in tears. Deep down, Kari felt giddy with wicked laughter, but yet, somewhere… deep, deep down… a voice was telling her. What have I done?”
 
 
Davis made it to the field just after Kari had left, but Leticia wasn't there. Assuming she was just running late, he waited there, until sundown, and when he tried to call her, she didn't answer him. “Man…” he muttered to himself. “How could she do this to me?” he wondered.