Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Magical Girl Mimi ❯ A Coin Thief at School ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mimi: Well! What a constructive weekend that was!

SD-K-chan: 'Constructive'? That doesn't sound like you, Mimi.

Lillymon: *nod* I know! I think she hit her head in that battle against Kuwagamon!

SD-K-chan: *nod nod* Yep yep!

SD-Mimi: *whine* You guys! That's not nice!

Lillymon: Talking about that... check out who's not nice in today's episode.

SD-Mimi: [hyper as usual] WHO WHO?!!! NO SECRETS HERE!! SOMEONE TELL ME~E~E~E~! PLE~E~EASE!!



MAGICAL GIRL MIMI

written by K-chan

Episode Three: A Coin Thief at School



"Kyu~ush... kyu~u~ush..." came the gentle snoring of Mimi one fine Monday morning. A smile graced her lips in the foreground of a noisy alarm clock, disturbing the girl's beauty sleep. Her slumbering face scrunched up painfully as her arm swept across her bed and nightstand, sending the annoying clock to the floor in pieces. Her body was drooped on one side of the bed, but then she rolled over onto her back briefly, revealing the Digital Key as a pendant to her necklace and kept rolling to the other side, unintentionally squishing Lillymon who woke up in alarm from the pressure.

Her pleas went unnoticed, being muffled between the girl's weight, until Mimi's rolling body... rolled right off the bed, dragging the bed covers to the floor with her. Lillymon took off to the air, glaring down at the still sleeping girl. If looks could kill...

Puffing up her cheeks, Lillymon flew down to Mimi's ears and smiled mischievously. "MIMI!" she screamed, "WAKE UP!!" Mimi only shifted in her sleep while Lillymon's eyes became green dots, sweatdropping. Trying one last time and as loud as she could, "WA~AKE U~UP, MIMI TACHIKAWA!!" Still no response came, so Lillymon slumped down on Mimi's arm, tired...

Not for long because Mimi decided to take this time to sudden sit up with wide eyes, accidently throwing Lillymon to the hard floor. "OMIGOD! I'M LATE FOR SCHOOL!!!" She scrambled to the bathroom to get ready while the fairy flew back to bed for some more sleep. With a noisy Mimi running about -- from the bathroom to her closet -- with a toothbrush dangling from her foamy mouth, Lillymon wasn't getting any peace. She pushed the covers back and decided to watch a funny Mimi get dressed, stumbling back into the bathroom to clean up her foamy face now.

By the time Mimi left the bathroom, she was in her green, Odaiba Elementary uniform (that hid the Digital Key around her neck), getting her white knee-high socks from the dresser. "This can't be happening," she mumbled, "How come I had to oversleep today?! Just my luck! Why didn't mama wake me up?! Papa too! I'm SO hungry! Oooh, something smells good though! I hope mama made my favorite..." She was rambling on, trying to put on her socks and at the same time, hopping out of the room to get some breakfast.

Lillymon followed her stealthly so that she wouldn't be spotted by the girl's parents. It was enough that she had shown herself to Mimi's friend (in last episode), which wasn't so bad because she only had to deal with Taichi, who endlessly teased the fairy about dissecting her for science class. She smiled smuggly, remember Mimi and Sora dealing mini-mallets to his head.

Anyway back to Mimi, whose face was flat on the floor now because she had tripped. Of course she would trip if she was hopping on one foot to put on her sock -- it didn't take a genius to know the possible consequence. When she successfully wore them, she ran out to the dining room where her father was newspaper, but she slid across the recently waxed, wooden floors and hit the wall comically.

"Good morning, princess," her father greeted, still reading the papers, and took several sips of his black coffee until the mug was empty.

"Me~rnin~ing... pa~pa..." came Mimi's gruff reply as her body slid off the wall, leaving her trademark Mimi impression.

As if she knew it was empty, Mimi's mother scurried out of the kitchen with a smile plastered on her face and refilled the mug. "Aaah, thank you, honey," the man said, putting the papers aside to reveal his face adorned with some dark sunglasses.

"Anything for you, dear!" she kissed her husband on the cheek, and they get all lovey-dovey until Mimi intervened.

"Mama! Papa!" she flailed her arms, "There's no time! FOO~O~OD! I need food! And school! I'm late! And you too! Work work work!! WE'RE ALL LATE!"

The three of them paused and looked up at the clock on the wall with its hands a quarter till eight o'clock. "Well now," her mother said, "It'll be eight soon, which means..."

"We'll all be late!" her father laughed with his wife while Mimi was stuffing her breakfast down until her mouth was full. Her parents stopped laughing and stared at their daughter, who was about to run out the door, "Princess, what have we said about your breakfast behavior?"

"MEWROOF RASH SHASH ROWN FIISH FROM JORANG JURUSH!" she said with a mouth full and ran back to wash the food down with some orange juice. She hurried to her room, speeding pass Lillymon, and grabbed her school bag... running back out and passing a blinking Lillymon again. The fairy opened her mouth to say something, but Mimi came back to her, smiling. "Good morning, Lillymon!" she said before stuffing the fairy into her bag and ran to the front door.

She was putting on her shoes when her father came out with coffee mug in hand, saying, "Since I'm late for work anyway, how about a ride to school, princess?"

She smiled and jumped up, throwing her arms around her father's neck, "GREAT, papa! But ya know... LET'S GO GO GO~O~O~!" Lillymon poked her head out from her hiding place and commented something about that being Mimi's phrase.

Mimi opened the door and soared out of their with her father waving in the air like a flag, but he didn't seem to mind, drinking his coffee. Funny that her mother was running beside them, filling up her husband's cup when it was empty.

"Have a good day, dear! Princess!" the woman waved to her family and blew kisses, holding a pot of black coffee, as she watched her husband slowly backing the car out with an excited Mimi waving back to her. She looked at her watch, "Oh my, I'm late too!" She smiled, and when the car was out of sight, she shuffled back to the house in no hurry at all.



While the car was easing itself onto the neighbor street, Mr. Tachikawa turned to his daughter with a pleasant smile, "Are you buckled up, princess?" Mimi nodded, indicating that she had strapped herself in several layers of seatbelt, and held onto her school bag with one hand while the other was clutched to the car door handle. "All right," he began, turning his attention back to the road, and there was a devious gleam on his sunglasses, "Time for some Tachikawa power driving!" His foot pressed on the gas pedal...

And of course the car took off, speeding down the street and swerving crazily through the panicked drivers, who knew who was driving the crazy car.


Cut to the front school grounds of Odaiba Elementary, that same car screeched to a halt, nearly giving the students premature heart attacks as they watched in horror at a gleeful Mimi unstrap herself and stepping out of the smoking vehicle. "Thank you, papa!" she chirped, "And take care!"

"You too, princess!" he waved, and with the roar of the engine, he took off again while all horrified eyes watched the car do crazy stunts.

Smiling because she had like two minutes to spare, Mimi turned around to everyone and ran through the front gates, shouting, "GOO~O~OOD MORNI~I~ING, EVERYO~O~ONE!!!" She went to every other person and gave them a hug and a happy morning greeting, even if she didn't know them... including the mysterious boy with blonde hair, who was in the middle of walking towards the main building. She hugged his stunned self from behind as he flailed his arm to keep his balance, which he managed.

"How can she be so happy on a Monday?" someone asked.

"That's our Mimi-chan!" another chirped.

"And good morning to you, who I don't know but think is very cute!" And with that she ran off to hug someone else while he watched her odd manner. His icy, blue eyes suddenly narrowed, glaring at her stupid form that was cheering everyone up. Some girls walked by him, staring at him, and then giggled to themselves. That only made him narrowed his eyes even more. And when another boy accidently bumped into him, his eyes became thin slits that it was hard to tell if he was still awake or sleep walking.

"I swear she's taking some sort of medication..."

"Ya think?!"

"That's our Mimi-chan!" the same person chirped.



While the room was filled with zombified students, including Taichi and Sora who were sitting on either sides of their best friend, Mimi Tachikawa, the said girl was grinning the whole time when a female teacher -- by the name of Mitsuya-sensei -- entered the room with the glaring blonde student from earlier. "Good morning, class," she said softly, afraid that if she raised the volume any louder it would disrupt the universe and everything would spiral into darkness and chaos.

"GOOD MORNING, MITSUYA-SENSEI!" Mimi said loudly over the other students' grumbling response as if she wanted the classroom at the end of the hall to hear it. The whole class sweatdropped, including Mimi's schoolbag hanging by her desk because Lillymon was still in there. [Yes, the same Mitsuya-sensei from "Kodomo no Omocha".]

"Aah, good morning, Mimi," Mitsuya-sensei chuckled nervously.

"Mimi-CHAN, sensei," she emphasized.

"Err, Mimi-chan," she corrected, and the girl nodded her head in approval. "Well, class. We have a new student today," she began and gestured over to the boy next to her, "Please welcome Yamato Ishida-kun with kindness."

"WELCOME, ISHIDA-KUN!" Mimi said happily and loudly over her classmates again.

"Let's see... where shall we seat you." Obviously behind Mimi because that was the only empty seat there was! "Oh, how about the one behind Mimi... -chan," she quickly added the suffix to the girl's name. He sweatdropped, hesitating on moving back there, when he saw the plastered smile on Mimi's face. He nodded and slowly walked to the back of the room. When he paused shortly by Mimi's desk, she looked at him with excitement in her eyes, but he glared at her, and his frown deepened. He made a sniffing sound and stalked to the empty desk and sat down while Mimi blinked at what just happened.

Mimi stared at the top of her desk, wondering why he had treated her like an enemy, or worse yet: a disgusting, icky bug! Sora and Taichi had seen the incident and glanced at one another before looking at their heartbroken friend... and then turned to Yamato and glared at him for what he caused. And guess what? He glared back at them.

"If the three of you are done glaring," Mitsuya-sensei said gently, causing the three to drop their glares and pay attention, "then class will begin." She opened up a textbook and began the day's lesson just as Lillymon peeked out from Mimi's bag to see what was going on, but when she thought Yamato's glaring blue eyes were on her, she pulled back into the bag, hoping that he didn't see her.



<< EYE-CATCH: Posing for the camera, Mimi holds up a victory sign with one hand while the other has a pouting Yamato in a headlock. Lillymon is flying above them with a giant sweatdrop weighing her head down. >>



It was lunchtime, and since the day was clear and bright, Mimi and friends decided to have lunch outside beneath their favorite sakura tree. From her bag, Mimi took out a large pink plaid cloth and spread it on the ground for their seating, followed by a big bentou lunch fit for five people, and this never ceased to amaze Sora nor Taichi, where the later was drooling with anticipation. "ITADAKIMA~SU~!" they chirped before digging into the shared lunch that Mimi's mother always made for them since she was a successful and excellent chef (unlike Taichi's mother).

Around this time, Yamato was walking outside with his own lunch, but when he spotted the three by the tree, he was about to turn around and leave... Unfortunately for him, Mimi saw him and waved him over, "Ishida-ku~un!" Her voice was SO annoying to him, especially when she drew out the last syllable. He was just about to walk away, pretending he didn't hear her, but she shouted even louder than before because she thought he didn't hear her the first time, "ISHIDA-KU~UN! Come over here and join us!"

Well, he continued to pretend he didn't hear her and walked back towards the building... when suddenly Mimi's voice blared in his ears, causing him to go into temporary deafness and fall to the ground, "ISHIDA-KUN! EAT. WITH. US!" And it turned out, the girl was right next to him, cupping her hands around her mouth and screaming into his ear.

"I HEARD YOU THE FIRST TIME!" he got up, shouting back angrily.

"Oh. Okay," she said in a quiet voice and stood there, looking at him with a tilted head.

"What?" he growled.

"Well? Are you going to eat with us?" she asked again. He looked at her if she was extremely special or something (as in retarded stupid).

"Wasn't my answer obvious?!" he said, trying to keep his voice calm.

"I thought you didn't hear me."

"Hey, Mimi-chan," called Taichi as he came and stood by her side along with Sora, "Forget about him. He doesn't want to be friends with us."

"If you don't want to be friends," Sora told the rude blonde, "then you could at least be nice about it."

"Apparently, your ditzy friend there didn't get it the first time," he retorted while Mimi glanced back and forth from Taichi and Sora to Yamato, who were arguing with each other. And this all made Mimi even sadder. With tears at the edge of her eyes, she sniffled, causing them to all quiet down and stare at her, "I'm sorry!"

"Mimi-chan!" her two best friends cried when Mimi ran off to the building. Sora hurried after her, leaving Taichi to glare at Yamato before running after the girls. Yamato watched them and then looked elsewhere, sighing and shaking his head in frustration. This whole crazy incident was seen by Lillymon, who was up on the second floor in the empty classroom. There was something strange about the new boy, but she had to find Mimi first to see if she was all right.



Mimi was still crying as she ran down the hallway, ignoring the stares she was receiving, and pushed the restroom doors back and entered it. It took a few seconds when she screamed and came back out... of the BOYS' restroom and went into the GIRLS' restroom. She walked into the stall and closed it behind her. There were two girls in there, ready to leave, but they stopped in front of her stall, "Mimi-chan, are you okay?"

The other girl reprimanded her friend, "Baka! It's obvious she isn't!"

"Fine!" she sighed, "What's wrong, Mimi-chan? Why are you crying?" They only recieved louder sobs, but thankfully, Sora came in. "She's in there," the girls told her and left the best friend to help.

"Mimi-chan," Sora called, tapping on the stall door, "It's okay. Ishida's a jerk. Don't let him get to you..."

The stall door opened, and Mimi stood there, practically in a puddle of tears. "I just wanted to be his friend!" she sobbed.

"I know," the other girl sighed, "He was just stupid. A stupid jerk." She let Mimi cry on her shoulder and stroked her back to comfort her, "Please stop crying, Mimi-chan. He's not worth it. PLEASE. Seeing you cry makes me want to cry too..." She sniffled, "We want our smiling Mimi-chan back!"

Mimi's sob subsided down to her shaking shoulders, but soon she calmed down, drying her eyes. "I'm sorry, Sora-chan," she whispered, and with all her efforts, she looked up at her friend with a big, 'thank you' smile, "And thank you!" Sora smiled, and they hugged each other.

"THERE YOU ARE!" Lillymon said exasperated, flying in through the window, "I've been looking all over the place for you!"

"Sorry, Lillymon," Mimi said quiet.

"Hey, Lillymon," Sora smiled.

"I'd say 'hi' too, but we've got no time!" the fairy said, "There's another digimon attack!"

"WHAT?!!!" the girls shouted, and Mimi added, "Why can't they just attack on Fridays?!"

"Don't be picky!" Lillymon scolded. Mimi was about to run off when she stopped her, "Wait! You can't go out there as you! It's enough that people know about the digimons appearing; we don't need them to know your identity too! Your family and friends won't hear the end of it!"

"She's right," Sora said.

Mimi nodded, understanding what she had to do. She took the Digital Key from her neck and allowed Lillymon to merge with it. Sora stepped back and watched, also making sure no one would entered the restroom during this time. Using her first coin, Mimi inserted it into the heart's slot and said the magic words, "As Guardian Tamer, I call upon the Digital Monster... LILLYMON! Lend me your powers and guide me into victory! DIGITAL ASSIMILATION!"



Meanwhile Taichi had heard the commotion about some monster on the campus, and instead of staying to see if Mimi was all right but he knew Sora would take care of her, he headed to the place. He pushed against the flow of students and teachers to get a better look if it was the similar monsters that attacked before. He froze in his spot when he saw a huge lion beast swinging a big sword around, carving into the ground a deep trench.

The crowds of people were gone from the area, leaving only a stunned Taichi to stand there gaping at the creature. It saw the boy standing alone and growled in annoyance, stomping his way to him. He roared and raised the sword above his head, preparing to get rid of the eyesore. It finally clicked in Taichi's head to get his butt out of the way, and he did just that, diving to the side, as the sword ripped through the air, barely knicking his bushy hair. He screamed too high-pithced, patting his precious, hardly damaged hair. Too preoccuppied, the monster took another jab at killing him, but...

The sword missed for the second time, and once again, it was another last minute rescue by... Taichi looked down and freaked out because he was high in the air. "That was SO close," he heard a familiar voice, and when he looked up, he recognized Mimi in her LILLYMON outfit. She smiled at him, and he knew she was all right. She then flew him to a safe spot, where Sora was.

"Be careful!" they both warned her before she returned to the digimon. And the two friends ended up watching helplessly from afar.



Mimi was still in the air, fluttering over the digimon -- named Leomon -- and angrily pointed at him, "What is it with your kind?! You're always doing damage and trying to hurt people! Don't you know it isn't nice!" She waited for his explanation, but it only came as a swing of the sword, which she was able to dodge easily.

"Ya know, you're very rude!" she admonished. She thought the battle should end before he made more damage for the school since she remembered that they closed down the gym to repair the damaged area. She flew higher into the air and aimed the cannon at her target, "FLOWER CANNON!" The energy ball shot out towards Leomon, but surprisingly, he used the sword and deflected the attack right back at her. Too shock, Mimi didn't get out of the way in time, so she was majorly hit by her own attack. The pain seared through her body as she plummeted back to the ground, where Leomon was grinning and preparing to destroy the nuisance once and for all.

Leomon was focused on his prey that he didn't catch a side attack from the blue, "HOWLING BLASTER!" When he turned around, he spotted a blue, swirly energy ball heading his way, and it smashed into him, burrowing him partially into the ground.

Taichi and Sora watched in horror as their friend was diving to the earth at high speed, but much to their relief, a flash of something blue leapt into the air and rescued Mimi. She was still conscious and slightly in pain, but she felt that she wasn't falling anymore, and strong arms were supporting her now. She looked up to see her savior and blinked at the young man, who looked a lot like a pirate. He had a dark-blue bandanda covering his head, but some blonde hair peeked out, and a black eye patch covered his left eye. He wore jeans and a leather vest that showed a fit body beneath the clothes. The most interesting thing about him was the digitalized armlet on his left forearm, that had a silver coin embedded in its structure.

"Who... are you?" she asked softly, and he looked sternly at her with the only blue eye he had. They were on the ground now, so he put her down, still not answering her. He just looked in the direction of Leomon, who was pushing the pile of dirt from himself and getting up.

It was clear that they had to stop Leomon before there would be tea time. The lion beast roared and swung his sword at the ground, creating a deep fissure in the earth that ripped towards the two, but the pirate stranger shoved Mimi to the side as he leapt towards the opposite direction. The attack missed them both, but the stranger didn't stop there. With his fast speed, he weaved back and forth towards Leomon, confusing the creature, and kicked him off his feet.

Mimi took this chance to shoot her Flower Cannon, but Leomon was quick to deflect the attack with his sword. There was no way a distance attack could stop him, but from what she saw the pirate guy do, she had to get close to him to fight back even if his sword would be trouble. She took out another coin (from the last episode), wondering if it would work, but there was no other alternative. She replaced the LILLYMON coin with the new one, "I call upon the Digital Monster... KUWAGAMON! Lend me your powers and guide me into victory! DIGITAL ASSIMILATION!"

Her LILLYMON outfit began to glow and changed into an outfit of red and black to resemble something like Kuwagamon. Her body was protected by armor, and her head was adorned with a helmet that rounded down to the sides of her face. On her back were hidden wings that would expand if she needed to take flight, but what was the most important thing in this fight were her hands, which were gloved by the red, hard shell Kuwagamon was known for.

The pirate was getting in all his kicks and punches at Leomon, but the latter didn't seem fazed by them. He swiftly evaded the sword attacks, and when he saw the newly transformed Guardian Tamer from the corner of his EYE, he knew he would retreat and let the battle finally end. He leapt back into the air and landed on a brick wall, confusing Leomon at the sudden retreat.

Mimi rushed towards Leomon, whose head was slowly turning in her direction, but it was too late when Mimi's hard-shell fist punched his face painfully, knocking him to the ground. The sword slipped out of his grasp as he dealt with the mindblowing hit. She quickly called forth the rod and changed it to the giant mallet. "GIGA-SMASH!" she shouted, striking Leomon's head with it. Another poof, and the digimon became another coin.

So exhausted, Mimi collapsed to the ground with mallet still in hand. It was finally over, but she still hurt. It was at this careless time that the pirate guy swooped down, grabbing the coin that laid on the ground, and returned to a lofty position. "HEY!" she cried, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!! It's SO wrong to steal!"

He smirked, glancing at the coin, and then looked at her, "Well, I didn't think you were gonna defeat him. I guess I underestimated you... this time." He then threw the coin down at her, which she fumbled in catching, "You did deserve it."

She looked at it and then up to him, "Thank you... for everything." He didn't reply and was about to leave when she called him again, "Hey, who are you?"

He paused, thinking for a moment, and then looked over his shoulder at her, "Lone Wolf is fine." And with that, he was gone.



That afternoon, the city's news reporter and all sorts of people crowded the front campus of the school, trying to get information on the incident that had occurred during school hours, linking it to the destruction that occurred a few days ago. No one seemed to have answers, but during this chaos, Mimi and her friends had to sneak away even though no one would suspect them, but they couldn't take chances.

"This is gonna be tough," Lillymon commented from her usual place in Mimi's hair. "It will be hard on you guys." She included Taichi and Sora and regreted that she had brought them into the affair.

"Hey, no prob!" Taichi grinned and then looked at the ground sadly, "But... I just wish I could do something to help Mimi-chan... She got hurt today, but I couldn't do anything about it."

"I know," Sora sniffled.

Mimi looked at them and placed a reassuring hand on their shoulders, smiling warmly, "Thank you, Sora-chan. Tai-chan. You've done a lot for me." They blinked in confusion. "Because of you and everyone, I can do my best! I want to protect all of you!"

"Mimi..." Sora cried and hugged her friend. They had their moment and pulled apart, when suddenly...

Taichi got on one knee, holding Mimi's hand, "MARRY ME!" Mimi blinked, Lillymon sweatdropped, and an angry Sora bopped him with a mini-mallet. Then they all laughed and walked home together... And this whole scene was watched by an indifferent Yamato.


TO BE CONTINUED...


Mimi: *teary-eyed* Ishida-kun... *sniffle* Why is he being mean to me?!

Lillymon: [trying to comfort a sad Mimi] It's okay, Mimi. He probably has his reasons, and besides, you should concentrate on protecting the Real World for now.

Mimi: *sigh* Yeah, you're right... but... I wonder... who that one-eyed pirate was. He was SO cool-looking!

SD-Lillymon & SD-K-chan: *sweatdrop* ...

SD-Mimi: [getting excited again] I hope he shows up again, and he can be my sidekick! Yeah!

SD-Lone Wolf: [in the background, blows up over them with a throbbing vein] SIDEKICK?!!!