Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Magical Girl Mimi ❯ Yamato's Secret ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Lillymon: In the last episode, Mimi was in deep trouble... Fortunately, this pirate guy by the name of 'Lone Wolf' saved her, but near the end, he was gonna take the Digital Coin that Mimi fought very hard to get... with the guy's help. *frown* Still, a very suspicious character indeed!

Mimi: [thinking] Hmm... Lone Wolf...

K-chan: Huh? Mimi, what's wrong?

Mimi: Well... Lone Wolf... he... *smile* He has a cute butt.

SD-Lillymon & SD-K-chan: *facefault* ...

SD-Lone Wolf: [standing shyly in the background, blushing] Uuh... thanks?

SD-Taichi: *pout* I've got a cute butt too!

SD-Lillymon: *sigh* [to SD-Taichi] And Mimi had to rescue YOUR butt last time and the time before! Let's just see if it needs rescuing again today.



MAGICAL GIRL MIMI

written by K-chan

Episode Four: Yamato's Secret



One Friday evening, Mimi was in her room, humming the latest J-pop song, while she was deciding what to wear for the next day's event. She was so ecstatic about the class field trip, even though tomorrow would be Saturday when she would hit the mall. At least she was still with her friends, and they would have a blast tomorrow. Her own problem was to find the most suitable outfit for the trip. It was still half a school day, but Mitsuya-sensei was very nice and allowed them to dress casually yet appropriately for the occasion.

She laid a pink, floral dress on her bed, next to an already set outfit of a white shirt with pink letters of 'angel' written on it and khaki skorts. Next to that one was a red and blue shirt with a yellow star in the center being paired with a white skirt. She paused and looked back at her closet, thinking she had a lot of outfits to sort out before narrowing it down to her top ten favorites.

During this time, Lillymon was using the computer to analyze the information of the Digital World, using the clear diskette (from episode one) that allowed access to the parallel dimension's networks. It really didn't say much because the link to the Digital World was limited because they currently only have one key place in the Real World to magnify their ability, and that was Odaiba Elementary.

But the fairy did find something interesting and stared at the screen gravely, "Oh boy... that's not good."

"What's not good, Lillymon?"

"Remember that lion digimon five days ago?"

"Yeah, the one swinging the big sword around."

"He's Leomon. According to the information here, he was chilvarious digimon, standing up against the evil and injustice."

"Well now!" Mimi huffed, twirling around in a pink fairy costume that her mother bought for her last Halloween, "He sure wasn't a gentleman then! Maybe he rolled off the wrong side of the bed that day?"

"Mimi, you're the only one who can sleep peacefully inside a tornado," Lillymon snorted and stepped on the 'enter' key on the keyboard. "It seems like the Digimon Emperor has control of him somehow... And I'm sure he probably has control of some more good digimons -- or naturally good ones. I'll look into this further... later." She started to shut down the computer as she asked, "So, did you find what outfit you're gonna wear?"

She turned around just in time to see Mimi wearing a pink harlequin costume, juggling three apples. "Err," the fairy sweatdropped, "You did see this was a class trip, right? And not a costume party..."

"Silly! I was just trying this on. It's so cute!" She stopped juggling and bit into one apple, putting aside the other two for later, "But yaah, I decided to wear the pink dress."

"Umm, WHICH pink dress?" she inquired hesitantly because after the first encounter with Mimi, she knew the girl LOVED -- or obsessed -- with the color pink, and when the question left her mouth, she regreted it.

Mimi laughed at her small friend, "Haha, you're funny! Ya know, the pink PINK dress." And Lillymon only nodded at that with a giant sweatdrop weighing her head down.




Meanwhile... in the dark realm of the Digital World, there was a castle situated on a large hill with a dark, gloomy cloud raining over it and JUST IT. This was where the Digimon Emperor had been confined to for two whole centuries, but as the years progressed the seal created by the seven guardians is slowly weakening, allowing his minions to travel to the other world to further spread his control. When all the key places of the Real World are destroyed, he would then be able to break and take over both worlds with nothing to stand in his way.

Unfortunately, the Emperor hadn't thought of anyone going up against his last two digimons he had sent to destroy the first place he discovered. Sitting in his poorly lit throne room, he sulked while two of his personal digimons polished his footwear. One was a small thing with a pointy nose named Puppetmon; the other was tall and had a weird fashion sense named Piedmon. But both were certainly freaky-looking and give one endless nightmares -- it was a good thing they stayed back in the Digital World.

The Emperor who had been moping on his throne most of the day, within the shadows of the castle structure, so his face was not visible to the eye. That was... until he abruptly stood up, knocking his digimon servants off the platform, and roared out his frustrations, "THIS SUCKS! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S TAKING THIS LONG TO DESTROY THOSE PLACES!! THE SEAL SHOULD'VE BEEN BROKEN A WEEK AGO! I WANT TO GO OUTSIDE AND FROLIC IN THE SUN!!!"

"Boss," Puppetmon started, "you should calm down. It's not good for your health."

"BUT I WANNA GO OUTSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE!!!" he whined, stomping out of the dark darkness and into darkness towards a large oblong mirror on the wall. He had bushy, dark-blue hair, reminding one a lot of Taichi, but he had a bad attitude to go with his whole appearance that consisted of the trademark villain cape and big shades -- where the latter didn't matter because he was stuck in a DARK castle.

Kneeling on the ground, Puppetmon and Piedmon glanced at one another and then turned back to their master, who was standing in front of the mirror and grinning psychotically. He had the nerves to say, "Mirror mirror... on the wall... who's the strongest, coolest, cutest one of all?!"

His reflection looked at him dully and sighed, "Great, it's that time of year again, huh?"

"The time of year where the boss asks the Magic Mirror the ULTIMATE question," Piedmon explained (to the readers). "Yes, THAT question," he pointed to the phrase before the reflection spoke.

Puppetmon added, "He's always wanted a magical mirror, even though he stole this one from that old geezer Gennai a long time ago."

"Years before we were still the reigning champion of strength, coolness and dare I say... cuteness," sighed the mirror, "But this year it's different. The one who possesses these traits are none other than the strong, cool and cute Guardian Tamer... Mimi!" The reflection ripped with false joy and showed an image of sleeping Mimi... another of Mimi scarfing down breakfast... another of Mimi in LILLYMON's outfit and another of Mimi in KUWAGAMON's outfit giga-smashing Leomon.

The Emperor dropped down to his knees, clutching his head in horror, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! THIS ISN'T HAPPENING!!!"

"She does look strong," Puppetmon piped in.

Piedmon added, "The outfits make her look cool too."

"She is kinda cute," the two said in unison as an afterthought.

"SHUT UP!" their master ordered and turned back to his reflection. "NOW YOU," he pointed, "tell me where the key points are! And when I get out, she's the first to go down! MWAAHAHAHAAHAHA!!"

"But why don't you--" Puppetmon started, but his partner stopped him and shook his head. No one was able to stop the cackling Digimon Emperor now because he was lost in his own fantasies for the time being. Puppetmon only wanted to point out that he could just send digimons to destroy the Guardian Tamer, but they settled on watching their master go through severl levels of insanity first.

"MUWAAHAHAHAA~ AAHAHAAHAAAHAA~!!"

"As much as I enjoy this every day," the mirror said sarcastically, "could someone give a super-size bottle of aspirin?"

"AHAHAHAAHAHAAAA~!!"

"PLEASE!"


Back in the Real World, it was Saturday morning, and Mimi was fashionably ten minutes late thanks to her father's awesome, speedy driving because she had missed the school bus that took the class to their destination. The girl got of the car with a big smile on her face while her teacher and classmate watched in horror at the car driving off again... but this time, balancing on two wheel, squeezing through a tight space between two other cars. "GOO~OOD MORNI~ING, EVERYO~ONE!!" she waved, putting on her cute pink backpack that had Lillymon in it.

Yamato was still gaping at the scene with a twitching left eye. "No wonder she's all weird and stuff," he mumbled.

"Hi, Ishida-kun!" she smiled, walking by his mumbling self. He just glared at her as she walked over to Taichi and Sora, who were waiting for her at the entrance to Tokyo Tower. Yep, the trip was to the famous tower that seemed to be placed on every school's destination list of field trips, but it didn't matter because... these were just sixth graders who were forced to be miserable on a Saturday, with the exception of Mimi, who was all smiles about it.

"Now everyone," Mitsuya-sensei tried to quiet her class down and get them together, but it wasn't working when everyone was going at their pace, "Everyone... please..." Tears welled up in her eyes at the realization that she had no control over her class now, "Please... stay together... don't... get lost..." She burst into tears and ran off for the restrooms.

Mimi saw the woman run off and turned to her friends, "What's wrong with her?" She looked at herself, "Was it my dress? She didn't like it?" Sora quickly calmed her down before her friend could burst into tears too.

"Hey! Let's go all the way to the top!" Taichi suggested. "The weatherman said it would be clear today, so we're gonna have a good view of the city!"

"Yaay!" Mimi cheered, running after Taichi with Sora to the elevators. She stopped suddenly when she noticed Yamato standing by himself by the water fountain and ran over to him. "Ishida-kun, let's go to the top!" Before he could reject her offer, she had dragged him off with her, much to Taichi's and Sora's dismay.

They stood stiffly in the compartment except for a happy Mimi who was standing holding Yamato's hand and kept on raising it into the air and cheering. As the elevator ascended, a blushing Yamato snatched his hand away from her and mumbled, "Weirdo."

"Hey!" Taichi yelled at the blonde, "Mimi's not a weirdo! Mimi's Mimi! You better apologize!" He was balling up his fists, wanting to punch Yamato to his senses about being nice to people, especially Mimi.

Sora stopped him, "Tai, don't do anything stupid. Let's just enjoy today, okay?"

"It's okay, Tai-chan," Mimi smiled, "Let's just have fun!" Taichi nodded and retreated back to side of the elevator as Mimi began to sing a pointless song, "We're going u~up! High u~up... into the sky~y... 'Cause I wanna fly~y... Fly high into the sky~y!! But I don't have wi~ings! Just arms, but if I flap, them I still won't be able to fly... not unless I become Lilly--FRON MEWROF..."

Her last words were muffled by Sora, who clamped her hand over Mimi's mouth to keep her from spilling about Lillymon to an uninterested Yamato. And thank goodness for him that the elevator finally reached the top, or else he'd have to put with more of Mimi's nonsense song, not that he was saying her voice was terrible. It was all right, but she needed better lyrics.

With one hand in his pocket, Yamato left them and went looking by himself, not like he hasn't been to Tokyo Tower before. He turned the corner and paused, glancing back to see if Mimi or anyone was following him. Since it was clear that she had given up on pestering him, he was about to turn back, but he heard her voice and remained leaning against the wall while inconspicuously eying Mimi and her friends, who walked over to the windows to get a view of the city.

His eyes narrowed at the trio, more specifically at Mimi who was giggling at something Taichi had said, and his face contorted into disgust at seeing how stupid the boy was acting around the girls. Then he noticed Mimi looking at her backpack and finally taking it off. She opened it while Taichi and Sora crowded close to her with the orange-haired girl saying something with a finger to her lips as if to keep it quiet.

He saw Mimi giggle again as something small fluttered into her hair, but his blue eyes was glued on the girl. At that very moment, there was something about her that made his heart beat restlessly against his chest. His eyes widened at the single thought that he had right then: she looked cute. It was a strange yet comfortable feeling, but he wasn't there to get friendly with anyone. He had one mission, and that mission was currently to keep an eye on Mimi Tachikawa.



<< EYE-CATCH: Puppetmon and Piedmon are playing tennis while the Digimon Emperor is sulking in the background because he has to be the ball boy... >>



Mimi suddenly turned around, staring in his direction, as if she had sensed his eyes on her, and he immediately looked elsewhere. When he glanced back, she was still looking at him, but he kept cool about it, giving her his usual glare. She just smiled and waved but soon turned back to her friends, who were gazing out at the blue skies.

Yamato then realized the three were quiet, along with the rest of the visitors on the floor. He peered pass their gazes and saw what their silence was about: the sunny sky was now gradually darkening with foreboding consequences.

"Is there a thunderstorm?" he heard Sora asked.


"That's weird," Taichi said, squinting his eyes to see what was happening in the distance. Lightning began flashing, and the sudden roar of thunder made the girls jump, clinging to each other.

"Maybe the weatherman was wrong," Mimi suggested.

"But this looks like a big storm... Why wouldn't they pick this up, huh?"

"That's no ordinary storm!" Lillymon cried, pointing to the dark clouds that had several lightning flashes, and from there emerged a sphere of electricity, but it was still too far away to make out what it was. One thing was certain was Lillymon's words were true. A ball of lightning couldn't be flying towards so naturally.

Everyone scattered away from the windows, screaming, when the ball of shocking energy rammed through the glass panels, sending shards flying everywhere. The collision sent an after wave, knocking Mimi and the others to the floor. Lillymon hung onto Mimi's hair as she recognized the insectoid digimon hovering in the air, glaring in their direction. "It's Kabuterimon!" she gasped. Then he started to demolish the place with his powers.

"ELECTRO SHOCKER!" The lightning zapped in all directions, and the electricity from the building just added to his elemental power.

Mimi was getting up up with her friends when she caught Yamato's serious and painful stare at the digimn, and her face knitted into confusion. People were still around trying to flee and freaking about the situation at the same time. This wasn't a good place to transform, and her friends knew this. "This way, Mimi!" Sora called as Taichi pulled her along. She looked back over to Yamato to see if had escaped yet, and she was glad when he wasn't there anymore, but his expression from before had been such an impression in her mind.

"In here, Mimi!" Lillymon pointed to the women's restroom that Sora had just entered. When everything was clear inside, Mimi transformed into LILLYMON while Sora and Taichi made sure no one entered.

Soon, Mimi in battle form emerged from the restroom, thanking her friends, "Now you guys should leave too. I'll be fine." And with that, she flew back to Kabuterimon and began to shoot several FLOWER CANNON attacks at him, but they were met with his own lightning spheres. He then ripped at high speed towards her, headbutting her in her abdomen, and she went soaring backwards through another set of windows. She quickly recovered this time and took to the air with Kabuterimon following her through the unstable storm clouds. It was better this way to get him away from the people below.

She was flying her fastest, but her opponent had the upper hand with his speed. The only thing she could do was weave back and forth through the clouds to hopefully lose him, but he just zipped through the skies like a homing missle. Just when he was right on her tail, she took a dive down through some more clouds and then soared back up again, preparing her weapon. "FLOWER CANNON!" The energy ball blasted into the clouds, and she waited eagerly for the result...

Suddenly Kabuterimon flew out from another set of clouds, slashing her from behind. She managed to escape, but the inury would slow her flight down. He was going to attack again, but something swooped her out of harm's way. She flinched at the pain, trying to see who had saved her, even though she knew who it could be. "Lone Wolf," she whispered.

It was him, but he was wearing a different outfit this time. His clothing was all black, but he had dark-green armor on the outside, protecting his body and legs and his right arm because he still had the digitalized armlet on his left arm. Instead of a blue bandanda covering his head, he had a green one to match his arm, and he no longer had an eye patch but dark googles hiding his eyes. And he was flying this time because of the insect-like wings on his back, and he had speed to match Kabuterimon.

"Are you... a Guardian Tamer too?" she asked, even though she knew it wasn't the time for it. He didn't answer her because he was concentrating on keeping a good distance between them and their enemy while trying to think of a plan.

At the rate they were going, their energy would wear out soon, but what could they do? He was doing fine for now, but she was hurt. The only other summon he had wouldn't help him this time, but maybe she could do something. She had the KUWAGAMON and LEOMON coins... and that meant they had to work together.

"Do you trust me?" he asked her.

"Whaa...?"

"Do you TRUST me?"

"Yes," she said without hesitation, surprising him, but he remained calm.

"You have to use Leomon's power," he told her. She wanted to say that the lion beast didn't have the ability to fly, but he continued, "We'll work together this time. You with Leomon's power, and me with Stingmon's. Understood?"

"Okay." She summoned her rod and replaced the current Digital Coin with LEOMON's coin, "As Guardian Tamer, I call upon the Digital Monster... LEOMON! Lend me your powers and guide me into victory! DIGITAL ASSIMILATION!" Her clothes changed from a flower-like dress to black jeans and an orange, sleeveless top that made her nauseous, "Eeewe, this outfit is SO not me!" She had cute, orange paws on her hands while on her head was a Leomon-ish head gear, and then there was a cute lion's tail attached to her... jeans.

Her comment made Lone Wolf smirk, and his expression disappeared when she flinched from the wound on her back. It was still there and hurting. She tried to push her own problem aside and focus on the task at hand, noticing a sword by her side. She pulled it out (with her paws that had natural good grip despite it belonging to feline) and examined it, realizing it was the same weapon Leomon had used when they had fought, "Oooh, this is so cool!"

"You should be able to block his lightning attacks with it," her temporary partner said. "When we get close enough to him, attack at your fullest. Understood?"

"Gotcha! I'm SO ready!" she smiled, and he saw this unexplanable gleam in her eyes that he strangely found endearing.

He looked back and saw that Kabuterimon had kept up with them, and it seemed like the digimon wasn't as smart as he had thought it would be. He had always heard that some digimons had high levels of intelligence, and Kabuterimon was one of them. It didn't matter to him at the moment because he had focus on the fight. He flew far to the right and made a sharp turn back towards the giant, blue insect.

Kabuterimon started shooting out his ELECTRO SHOCKER at the pair, but Lone Wolf as Stingmon was able to evade the onslaught of lighning, and for those that he didn't avoid in time, Mimi took care of them with Leomon's sword. Lone Wolf began to fly in circles around the insect, purposing spiralling closer to the hovering creature as it concentrated on blasting the pair down with its lightning attacks, but Kabuterimon finally saw through their strategy and backed away from the danger, still attacking at a distance.

Lone Wolf gritted his teeth at the sudden change in plans, and there was only one thing left to do, though Mimi would probably have him squished beneath her foot, but he had to take that risk. He eased his grip around her waist, and she blinked, hoping that he wasn't going to let her fall. Of course he didn't let her fall, but he did speed up, and with all his might, he threw her at angle through the air. She screamed at the top of her lungs, soaring like a bullet, and it became a distraction to Kabuterimon...

Lone Wolf sought this chance, and with a tight, hard fist, he smashed it into the digimon's head, "SPIKING STRIKE!" The powerful forced sent a stunned Kabuterimon back through the air.

Still screaming, Mimi had witness the blow to the insect's head from her high-flying position and realized that she was now descending towards him at high speed. Well, she was going to fall to her death, so she might as well take out Kabuterimon too, so everyone could be safe again. She held the sword above her head, and as she neared his form, she shouted with great intensity, "BEAST SWORD!" The blade flashed a bright orange just as it crushed into the giant insect's head, and both began to plummet to the earth.

She closed her eyes and sighed, resigning to her fate, but then she started crying aloud, "NOOOOOOOOOOO!! I DON'T WANNA DIE!! I CAN'T!! I'M TOO YOUNG! TOO CUTE!!! I DON'T EVEN HAVE A BOYFRIEND YET!!! I WANT MY FIRST KISS!!!"

"Geeze, quit your whining!" shouted a voice. Mimi stopped crying and noticed that she had stopped falling and that Lone Wolf had saved her again. "I told you to trust me, didn't I?" She nodded and threw her arms around his neck, hugging his blushing self, but she didn't notice.

Kabuterimon had landed right in front of Tokyo Tower's entrance, where people had been but ran off to avoid being killed. They were scared of giant thing, but being human, they were also curious as to what it was and remained at the scene. They watched in awe as the two saviors of the city came down from the skies.

Mimi was just happy to be on the ground and again when they landed. He folded his arms across his chest, letting her do the honors of finishing Kabuterimon off. With the huge mallet, she just lightly tapped the fallen insect... and POOF! It became a coin. She picked it up and was about to give it Lone Wolf since he had most of the credit in stopping this digimon, but he was no where in sight. She was suddenly flooded by all sorts of people and question, so she knew she had to get out of there fast. It was a good thing she was still LEOMON because she used his speed and feline abilities to escape the pestering crowds, leaping over them... bouncing off the wall, the lightpost until she was out of their sight.

Lone Wolf watched her disappear from the people, and soon, he had left too, walking down the empty alley since everyone was at the scene of Kabuterimon's demise. He then stopped and touched the armlet on his forearm, and STINGMON's outfit vanished, leaving Yamato in his casual clothes.



An hour later, Taichi and Sora went searching around Tokyo Tower for Mimi since they had seen the aerial battle and watched Kabuterimon drop to the ground from afar. And by the time they tried to push through the noisy and nosy crowd, Mimi had disappeared from their visions. They stiffly walked by the news crews, who were reporting on what happened, and stopped some distance away and watched.

"TAI-CHAN! SORA-CHAN!" They turned to the owner of the voice and saw Mimi running towards them, with Lillymon in her hair. The three of them embraced and did a victory dance.

"Where were you, Mimi-chan?!" Taichi said hastily.

"Sorry, but I had to make a short stop."

They blinked at her, and Lillymon explained, "Mimi was hurt, but don't worry, she's fine now. We just had to clean it and bandaged it up. She should heal in a day or two, and there won't be a scar."

"But isn't that impossible?" Sora asked, "Even Tai doesn't heal that fast from soccer injuries." Taichi grunted at her for bringing that up, and she rolled her eyes in response.

"Impossible for humans, but Mimi is a Guardian Tamer. Since assimilating with the Digital Monsters, her body has acquired some of their natural capabilities -- such as fast recovery."

"Cool!" Mimi chirped. They started to walk away from the scene so people wouldn't overhear their conversation, but Mimi caught a glimpse of Yamato standing on the sidewalk, staring up at Tokyo Tower section where Kabuterimon had crashed through. She suddenly stopped, causing her friends to stop too, and tilted her head, staring at him in deep thought.

Taichi followed her gaze and snorted at seeing Yamato there, "What an idiot. I bet he ran off like a screaming girl when he saw that monster."

"And you didn't?" Sora looked slyly at Taichi, who sweatdropped.

"Hey, that was when that idiot threw Mimi into the air! I thought she was gonna die!!"

"I think he did run off," Mimi said quietly to herself, and Lillymon looked at her curiously. "Maybe... Is that why? Why he ran off? Is that... his secret?" It slowly dawned on her, and she hit her fist against her palm at the realization, "So THAT's his secret!" She ran towards Yamato with her two baffled friends behind her, "Ishida-kun! I know your secret!" Lillymon concealed herself from any visibility in Mimi's hair.

"WHAAT?!!" he exclaimed, having been caught off guard. "WHAT SECRET?! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!!" He back away from her as she came near him. She couldn't have figured it out, at least not by herself. She was probably bluffing; she didn't know what he was Lone Wolf... or did she? There were times when he was amazed at her abilities, but... NO WAY!!

Mimi had him up against a store window as she peered at him closely, "Ishida-kun... your secret... you're... YOU'RE AFRAID OF BUGS!" Everyone facefaulted, including Yamato who was VERY relieved at the result, and there were tiny sweatdrops on Mimi's hair, where Lillymon was. "What?" she blinked at everyone on the ground.


TO BE CONTINUED...


Mimi: Wow, what a fun field trip!

SD-Lillymon: *sigh* Seriously, Mimi, how clueless can you be?

SD-Mimi: [question marks blinking over her head] Huh? What?

K-chan: Lillymon's right. I mean, that last scene with Yamato. You really think a cool, tough rebel like him would be afraid of bugs??

SD-Mimi: Well... yeah.

SD-Lillymon & SD-K-chan: *facefault* ...

SD-K-chan: *groan* I have no further questions to ask, Your Honor...

Lillymon: Anyway, it looks like Tai and Sora have something plan in the next episode. And you know, wherever Tai is... trouble will soon find him and everyone. It's like his middle name is 'trouble'.

SD-Taichi: *grin* Actually, it's 'Mimi's future husband'!