Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Magical Girl Mimi ❯ The Emperor's New Groovy Plan ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Lillymon: Ya know, Mimi... that was pretty weak... I mean, you just fainted when you found out that that was Ishida's father!

SD-Mimi: [looks sheepish] Well... I was just surprised... We just came out of a digimon fight and then run into him -- meeting his father was the last thing on my mind.

SD-Sora: [snickering] You make it sound like you're meeting your father-in-law so soon!

SD-Taichi: HEY! [grabs Mimi's hand] Come and meet my father too, Mimi-chan!

SD-K-chan: *groan* Tai no baka! Mimi's already met your father! [grabs Mimi's other arm, and there's a 'tug-of-Mimi'] Besides, she's busy today!

Lillymon: That's right! We have to figure out where the next key places are, find out Lone Wolf's true identity -- which I have a big hunch on -- and TRAIN!! MIMI NEEDS TO TRAIN!!



MAGICAL GIRL MIMI

written by K-chan

Episode Six: The Emperor's New Groovy Plan



Taking a short break from the Real World, Piedmon was found staring off into space while his hands were currently occuppied with giving his master, the Digimon Emperor, a nice shampoo massage. The said evil ruler was content with flipping through the latest issue of 'Real World News' in his lap while Puppetmon had the honors of clipping and filing his fingernails to perfection. The quiet setting was eventually disrupted by the throbbing of a vein on his forehead as his flared up in anger. He jumped up from his seat, surprising both his digimon servants, bellowing, "WHAT?!! ANKYLOMON AND UNIMON WERE BOTH DUSTED?!!"

Puppetmon peered at the papers and pointed out, "No -- not 'dusted', more like 'giga-coined'." The emperor glared at him for correcting his mistake, but he didn't look very threatening with half a manicured hand and soapy hair dripping onto his clothes. The digimon sweatdropped and quickly apologized, "But 'dusted' sounds good."

The pissed off emperor crushed the newspapers in his hand as he walked away from his seat, leaving a trail of soapy suds dripping on the floor. "Those Guardian Tamers... This will not do," he growled, "They've foiled by plans every time! How is it possible?! Surely, they don't know where the key places are..."

"Unless they're psychics," the vertically-challenged digimon thought aloud.

He ignored the dumb input and paced back and forth while Piedmon tried to keep up to finish shampooing his hair, then adding in pink curlers for volume, and finally blow drying it... When the hairstyling was complete, the two digimons snickered at the new look their master was wearing, but he was oblivious to it, trying to figure a way of destroying the next key spot without any interference. His brow furrowed in deep thought as he continued his unnecessary pacing before his useless digimon servants, who were busy reading the comic strips in the 'Real World News'.

"AAH! I'VE GOT IT!" the emperor shouted with glee, hitting his fist against his other palm. He grinned evilly, dramatically brushing aside the white cloth still around his neck -- that kept the shampoo and water from ruining his clothes -- as if it was his cape, which was still on the pile of laundry that needed to been done that day, and stalked over to his magical mirror. "Magic Mirror! Show me the next key place that holds the power to my confinement!"

His reflection yawned, teary-eyed at being awaken for such a stupid matter, and said sarcastically, "Thanks, Your Majesty, for waking me up to do your bidding. I really appreciate it with ALL the things I have to do today..." His voice trailed away, gawking at the emperor standing their with his afro do, "Damn! What the hell happen to you?!"

He blinked, staring at his reflection and finally realized his new look, "PIEDMON!!!!! WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY HAIR?!! I SAID BIG CURLS!! NOT SMALL ONES!!" He went on a rampage, chasing the two digimons with an iron curler, while the mirror looked bored and yawned again.

"They're such retards," he mumbled and went back to sleep.



"Aaah, what a peaceful Sunday," Mimi yawned, rolling onto her back, and stretched her limbs freely on the bed. She blinked and then stared at the ceiling with her mind empty of all thoughts, though the background was filled with slow tapping of buttons. She turned her head to the side, to where her computer was, and saw Lillymon up early typing on the keyboard with her small feet. "Lillymon, you're working again. Why don't you take a rest?"

"No can do," came the reply, "I want to find out where the next key point is. That way we can prepare things just in case there's an attack. Let's see... I'm inputting the previous destinations that have been assaulted..." While the fairy was doing that, Mimi finally climbed out of bed and made her way to the bathroom. "Hmm..." She stopped typing and stared at the monitor in deep thought, crossing her arms over her chest, "Seven places... and so far, we've got... three here."

The computer began to beep as seven spheres appeared one by one, creating a circle, and each was color-coordinated with the rainbow and also with a certain Chinese (or Japanese) character. "That's right!" she chirped, seeing that three of the places matched with the spheres and were glowing brightly.

Mimi entered her room, all refreshed with her hair tied in a ponytail and a smile on her face, "You sound happy, Lillymon. Did you find something interesting?"

"Yep! Look here," she pointed, "I can't believe I didn't see it before! These places are being targeted because they show high concentration of the elemental energy." That really didn't explain anything to Mimi. "Basically, there are seven main elements in the Digital World: fire, air, water, earth, metal, light and darkness. And going by this idea, light, metal and earth -- of your school, Tokyo Tower and the Olympic Stadium, respectively -- have been attacked.

"So if we find the other four places where high concentration of the certain element is... then we'll have no problem in winning this."

"Aaah, I see!" the girl nodded, sitting down on her bed. "Is there a way for us to find them?"

"Of course! All I have to do is write up a program for it. I've already mapped out the current three that we have. Anyway, just leave it to me!" She smiled and was about to return to her work when the computer alarm went off. They looked at the screen as an urgent email came in and automatically opened up. "This is weird," she mumbled as Mimi took over, scrolling through the message.

"There's... no sender name nor address," she said, and her eyes widened at the subject line, "It's for the Guardian Tamers: me... and Lone Wolf. But how..."

"Look, Mimi," she pointed to the screen, "It's sent to everyone on the internet. Whoever sent this doesn't know who you and Lone Wolf are, so he/she sent it to everyone. There's no way that's possible... unless this email was sent from the Digital World -- all files and information are easily accessed from there.

"What's worse is the message: 'My heart is burning; my mind is aching. To the Guardian Tamers, I throw a challenge. If you find the next elemental key point and defend it well, then I shall cease destruction of your world. Have a nice day. D.E. ;-)'" Lillymon frowned, "D.E., huh? It's obviously the Digimon Emperor."

"How cute!" Mimi chirped, "He's so polite and even left a smiley icon!"

"Uugh!" she facefaulted.



Meanwhile Yamato was still in bed, trying to bury his head beneath the pillow to drown out the insistent phone ring. He was too tired to walk out to the living room and answered it, but when his groggy father in the next room ordered him to 'answer the damn phone', he had no choice. "Dammit," he muttered, dragging himself down the short hallway to the phone and picked it up, "Hu~llo~o?"

"YAMATO!" shouted a boy, "DID YOU CHECK YOUR EMAIL?!"

"Koushiro?" he said unbelievably, rubbing his eyes, "You called me this early to ask if I'd check my email yet? Man, you really need a life away from the computers, ya know. If that's it, then I'm going back to bed."

"NO! WAIT!!" insisted his friend, "You've gotta check it! NOW!! It's really important!!!"

"Okay okay," he sighed and returned to his bedroom. He turned on the computer and plopped in a chair, listening to his old friend rattle off about something because he was tired and only caught some of the words. Something about a challenge, but when he logged onto his account and checked out the email... "What the hell?!" he snapped.

"SEE!" Koushiro sighed, knowing that the blonde hadn't been listening to him, "It looks like these people are fed up with you and that other Guardian Tamer spoiling his fun, so they sent you this challenge."

Yamato narrowed his eyes at the monitor like he was directly glaring at the sender, "I accept this challenge."

"But Yamato, I haven't been able to find any patterns to their attacks yet. They seemed to have been doing it randomly... yet you and that girl were always on the spot to stop them. Is it mere coincidence? Or just luck?"

"Probably luck," he grumbled. He paused and stared at the message again, thinking, "I think I have a way..."

"Really?" After some seconds of silence that Koushiro was waiting for an explanation, "Well, I would like to hear it."

"Don't worry 'bout it," he said, "Thanks for helping me out. I'm gone go, so I'll talk to ya later." He didn't give his friend a chance to say another word and hung up. Although Koushiro had always helped him -- computer-wise -- ever since he became a Guardian Tamer and even to the point when Yamato moved out of Shinjuku, he didn't want the only friend he had to be in any danger. It was best to keep as much information from him as possible.

Yamato had already made his decision and quickly got dressed. He would have to go see Mimi as much as he wanted to get some more and he wasn't in the mood to see her either, but it couldn't be helped. He wrote a sloppy note for his father and hurried out the door.



It was already late morning after a big breakfast her mother made, and Mimi kindly snuck some into her room for Lillymon, who was still busy on the computer. It was a good thing too that her parents were going out to see some friends, which left her at home only after some serious promises that she could take care of herself and bombarding with emergency numbers and tears and hugs. Anyway she was alone in the house with her fairy friend.

Seeing that she couldn't do much to help Lillymon, she decided to turn on some music and do some dancing and singing. It was fun and two of her hobbies, not to mention it helped burn off those calories from breakfast! Decked out in a white t-shirt and a pair of (black, not pink) shorts, she put in her favorite CD and went straight to her favorite track. The upbeat piece began, and soon Lillymon found herself bobbing her head to the beat while she worked.

Mimi began to danced and sang...

"I'm a supergirl, I'm gonna rule the world
With my supernatural powers...
Come and fly with me to my galaxy,
To my world of fantasy...

Du-da-du-da-du-da-du,
I'm a supergirl...
Du-da-du-da-du-da-du,
Supergirl..."

Lillymon couldn't help it either and joined along with the refrain, giggling at the same time, as she watched the energetic Mimi doing some flips in her room. The fairy flew over to her friend, doing some fancy flying, and twirled in the air because it was just fun to fly!

"Du-da-du-da-du-da-du,
I'm a supergirl...
Du-da-du-da-du-da-du,
Supergirl..."

During their enjoyment, they didn't realize that there was a visitor outside Mimi's bedroom window. He peeked his head down from above, revealing himself to be Lone Wolf with WEREGARURUMON's powers, and was taken back at the girl and fairy... having fun... and making fools of themselves (if they had a larger audience).

Mimi made some more impressive dance moves before picking up a hairbrush as her microphone and singing some more...

"Let's take a ride in my rocket ship,
Just tell me where you want to go...
We can have a party on a magic star,
Or take a walk on a rainbow,
Or we could fly away to wonderland...
There's nothing there that we can't do...
We could fly together hand in hand,
Make all your dreams come true...

I'm a supergirl, I'm gonna rule the world
With my supernatural powers...
Come and fly with me to my galaxy,
To my world of fantasy..."

Lillymon joined her once again on the refrain...

"Du-da-du-da-du-da-du,
I'm a supergirl...
Du-da-du-da-du-da-du,
Supergirl...
Du-da-du-da-du-da-du,
I'm a supergirl...
Du-da-du-da-du-da-du,
Supergirl..."

Lone Wolf just smirked, shaking his head because that song somehow just fit perfectly for Mimi, and then decided to get serious. He tapped on the window to get her attention, but it wasn't working because she was still absorbed in singing...

"Let's go disco dancing on the moon,
Or take a trip to the sun...
We could travel all around the universe,
We're gonna have some fun...
We could fly away to wonderland...
There's nothing there that we can't do...
We could fly together hand in hand,
Make all your dreams come true..."

Mimi would've continued if it wasn't for the fact that Lone Wolf started to pound his fists against the window pane in irritation. "IT'S SPIDERMAN!" she gasped, and he gave her a hard glare. She giggled and turned off the music. She was surprised, along with Lillymon, to see him there, but went over to the window to let him into her room.

He took a hold of window frame and swung himself into her room, landing coolly on his feet. He straightened up and looked at her. They were caught in a long gaze, standing in her room as if they were forbidden lovers wanting to only see each other... though Lillymon was annoyed in the background.



<< EYE-CATCH: Team Guardian Tamers & friends are having a karaoke face-off against the Digimon Emperor and his digimon servants, including the Magic Mirror who was embarrassed to be seen and associate with such (idiotic) people even though he was only the Emperor's reflection. >>



Mimi was the first one to break the gaze, giggling, "Hiya, Lone Wolf!"

"Mimi!" Lillymon growled, trying to warn her not to give away her identity, but the young man just waved the greeting and the fairy aside.

"Don't bother, I know she's the Guardian Tamer with the Digital Key," he said and added quietly, "It was so obvious." He took a seat on her bed, looking comfortable on it, as Mimi blinked, wondering why he was in her room. Lillymon flew over to him, fluttering in front of his face and looking very upset. "Look," he began, "I'm not here to cause trouble. You guys must've saw that email too, right? I just want to know where they're gonna attack next."

"Hmmf! You've got some nerves, boy!" the fairy shouted, "You just come in here, knowing who we are, but we don't know who you are, and you demand information from us! Unbelievable!" She flew out of the room to get something to drink, leaving Mimi to deal with their not so happy guest.

"Umm, I'm really sorry about Lillymon," she bowed to him, and that surprised him. "She's usually very nice."

He snorted, "I don't care. Just give me the info."

"We're still working on it."

"It didn't look like that when I showed up."

She laughed nervously, rubbing the back of her head, "Haa~, it was just a little break." They were quiet, waiting for Lillymon to return -- at least that was Lone Wolf was doing, hoping not to stay long. It was a little strange being in a girl's room, especially one SO pink. He noticed from the corner of his eye Mimi sitting down in a chair and looked at him. He turned elsewhere, finding her collection of Sanrio characters a little more appealing than the rest of her room. She asked him, "Do you want something to drink?"

"No."

Lillymon flew back into the room, appearing in a better mood, as she made her way to the computer. She made herself comfortable on a stack of books as she told Mimi what to do. The girl listened, typing in a series of keys to start the tracking program that the fairy had worked on. Lone Wolf got up and stood behind her as they watched the monitor fade to black and then a map of the Tokyo area appeared. Major sites of the city were marked by white dots while the three places that have been attacked were in blue. There was a long rectangular box stretching at the bottom of the screen, slowly being filled up which indicated that the program was running.

The little pixie stared at the screen in complete serious without blinking. All she could see in her vision was a list of zeroes and ones filling up the screen in different combinations. Only she understood what they all meant, being a digimon and all. When the program was finished, the map disappeared, and the same display of binary numbers filled up the entire screen, and the two Guardian Tamers turned to the fairy, who was deciphering the language.

Mimi's eyes were spiraling from seeing so many zeroes and ones that she nearly fell out of her chair, if it wasn't for the fact that Lone Wolf held her up and placed his hand over hers that was on the mouse to continue scrolling through the list of numbers. Lillymon nodded when they came to the end, and the screen returned to the map. She pointed to two places: Aoyama Cemetary in Minami-Aoyama District and Sensou Temple in Asakusa District.

"Two places, huh?" Lone Wolf uttered.

"Not quite," said the small digimon. "Only one of these is the true elemental key of fire." She had Mimi bring up the email that they received and highlight the phrase 'my heart is burning'. "That's the key phrase. The Digimon Emperor had purposely given us a clue, and he knew we would be able to find it... so he somehow set up the situation so that we would find TWO places." She turned to look at the two Guardian Tamers, "This is a trap."

"If you're afraid, then I'll handle it," Lone Wolf scoffed, walking towards Mimi's windows.

"Wait a minute!" the girl called after him, and he paused, only looking back partially. "It's dangerous by yourself. And we've worked together before, so let's do it again, okay?" He didn't answer her, wondering what her proposition was.

"I don't approve of some secretive person helping us," the fairy murmured, "but it can't be helped. Since there are two places, we'll split up."

"Fine, I'll take Aoyama." And with that, he leapt out the window, and at the same time, he changed into STINGMON's form and flew off to his destination in the western section of Tokyo. Mimi watched him fly away, looking a little sad and hurt, while Lillymon shook her head and prepared for their own mission. The girl then assimilated LILLYMON's powers and left through the window too, heading to Sensou Temple... in a different direction: northeast.



Yamato tried to push Mimi's hurtful face from his mind and concentrated on getting to Aoyama Cemetary. Being STINGMON, it didn't take him long to get there. He could already see the tree tops of the peaceful grounds and soon landed. Everything seemed quiet, causing him wonder if Lillymon had been right about it being a whole trap. He decided to walk around and make sure nothing was out of the ordinary.

He was strolling down the sidewalk, glancing to both sides lined with sakura tree though they were no longer in bloom. It was only in the spring when one would find the groung littered in pink petals. When he thought about the color pink, Mimi invaded his mind once again, and he groaned. The only reason he even associated with the girl was to find a way to the Digital World, and she was the one who had the Digital Key, the main link to the world he desperately sought out.

He paused and scanned the serene landscape. He didn't see anyone around, but the tranquility was really bothering him. It was at times like these that he hated because it made him think too much, about his past, his family. He shook his head, pushing those thoughts aside, and had hoped to engage in battle... as if fighting was the only thing that could take his mind off his life. He stared down at the Digital Armlet and brushed his fingers acrossed it, remembering how he came upon...

Yamato snapped out of it when several sakura trees were knocked down, heading straight for him. He flew into the air as the trees fell on the spot that he had stood. He kept alert with eyes roaming over the area, but he couldn't find any other disturbances. He flew down the side pathways and between the trees but avoided the graves in respect for the dead... when suddenly the ground began to rumble. He saw a large bump appearing in the distance and moved towards him at great speed, sending vibrations through the ground and dirt and rocks airborne.

He blocked the rocks hitting him as he targeted the moving thing underground. Anticipating he could strike it before the creature reached him, he made his move, ready to strike the ground, but the dirt floor flattened just as he was about to slam his fist there, but no sooner was it gone that the ground exploded, knocking Yamato back into the air. In the confusion, a long, slithering digimon with orange wings burst out from the earth and zipped towards his surprised prey, ramming into him like a helpless doll repeatedly.

The Airdramon moved so fast that Yamato couldn't even block the hits that were aching all over his body, and the final strike knocked him in the face, sending falling back. He crashed hard into the dirt as he reached for a different Digital Coin. The quick digimon didn't give him a chance to switch, slipping over to him and wrapping its lengthy body around him. Yamato sceamed in pain as the coils of the beast tightened around him, but he continued to struggle. The monster's head glared down at the boy, taunting him, but the struggling blonde only glared up at him with blood dripping from his mouth. He couldn't fit it anymore and ceased, relaxing his whole body.

It was over.

Sensing the motionless body within his deadly coil, he began to unwrap... Yamato's blue eyes flared back to life as his right hand grabbed a tight hold of Airdramon's sea-green body and crushed it with all his might, causing the digimon to squeal in horror as the pain ripped through his body. Yamato struck the creature's head with his digital glove, "GIGA-PUNCH!" When that was definitely over with the Digital Coin falling to the ground with a clanking sound, the boy fell to the ground on his knees, breathing heavily and wiping the blood from his mouth.

The fight had been so close, and if Airdramon squeezed him any longer, it might've been the end for him, instead of the other way around. His breathing was gradually returning to normal, but his body was beaten pretty bad and exhausted. He even had to crawl on all fours towards the Digital Coin to get it and then sat back to look around. There was something strange about the whole thing. The digimon hardly did any damage to the place compared to the previous ones, where they totally trashed. Most of the cemetary was still intact, except for the battle ground they fought on.

Then it hit him... "MIMI!" he gasped. Lillymon had said it was a trap, but he thought he could and had handled the situation... but now that he thought about it, the fight against a single Airdramon was a little easy, which meant Mimi probably had the true elemental point of fire and would have a tough fight that she might not survive... without his help.

Ignoring his bodily injuries, he stood up and replaced his current Digital Coin with his newly acquired one, "I summon the Digital Monster... AIRDRAMON! DIGITAL ASSIMILATION!" In his new body armor of a greenish-blue and white headgear, he took off to the skies with the orange wings arched from his back and disappeared from vision using Airdramon's agility.



Meanwhile, Mimi was looking at a map in mid-air because she had never been to Sensou Temple before, so she needed a guide. Unfortunately, she wasn't good at using maps. Everything was like a criss-crossed mazed to her with all the streets with no particular order, even Odaiba was not that bad compared to the large Taito-ku. She sighed and folded up the map and looked down to see if she could ask for directions. She smiled when she saw a lady exiting what looked like a post office.

"Hello," she flew down and bowed to the woman, who nearly had a heart attack from the surprise. "I'm sorry, but you could you tell me where Sensou Temple is?"

The strange looked at the girl in such a weird costume, and it wasn't around any dressed up festival either. She nervously pointed in the correct direction, saying, "It's a few blocks over there, near the Tobu-Asakusa Train Station... You can't miss the five-story pagoda..."

"Thank you so much!" she smiled and took to the skies with a stunned woman gawking at her means of transportation. True to the woman's words, Mimi found the pagoda... and also trouble heading her way in the guise of a small harmless-looking digimon by the name of Piximon. "How cute!" she squealed, not thinking that it was an enemy... until it suddenly multiply before her eyes, becoming an army of Piximons with spears aimed right at her.

"AAAAAAAAAAHHH!!" she cried as they surrounded her and started poking her with their dull spears. She blinked as the poking continued though they felt more like annoying insect bites than anything else. They were definitely harmless but annoying. Every time she tried to move away from them, they stayed glued to her with their prodding spears, hoping in some way to annoy her death. Well, it was sort of working when they kept blocking her way. She assimilated KABUTERIMON's form, "ELECTRO SHOCKER!" The lightning zapped a few of them, and they perished in a cloud of smoke.

"HE~E~EY!!" several of the Piximons cried in anger, "You're tougher than you look! Okay! Now we have to go bad on you!" Mimi was in the middle of zapping some more when she saw that more Piximons were coming back and looking angrier. "PSY BOMB!" they all cried in unison and charged at Mimi, bombarding her with their exploding selves like kamikaze pilots. The mini-explosions took her by surprise and didn't look like much with a single one, but when they all came together, hitting her at once, it blew Mimi out of the sky.

She fell through the skies and landed in some trees just outside of the pagoda of Sensou Temple. "I never thought something so cute could be so dangerous!" she said amazed and tried to untangle herself and her KABUTERIMON's wings from the tree branches. She was successful as she slipped through the branches and fell the rest of the way to the ground, landing painfully on her bottom, "ITA~I~I~!!" She was just getting to her feet, rubbing her bottom, when...

"WE FOUND YO~O~OU!!" the dozens of Piximons grinned. Mimi screamed, summoning her giant mallet, and swung it at every Piximon flying at her. With amazing yet frightening speed, she clobbered each and every one until there was one left that fluttered in fright. "WAA~AH!! She's a monster!!" he cried, fleeing, "She withstood my attack! Waaah!!"

Mimi chased it around the trees and the whole compound of the temple, where onlookers watched wondering what was going on. All they saw was a flying girl with a giant mallet over her head chasing what they thought was a loud, crying bird in front of the main hall. Eventually, the Piximon was cornered inside the main hall in front of an altar to Kannon, the goddess of mercy in Buddhism, and ironically whacked his head. The girl smiled proudly at an easy battle and picked up the Digital Coin.

She walked back outside and looked around, seeing that they didn't even wreck the place which was good. "Maybe Aoyama Cemetary was the true place," she said thoughtfully, strolling pass the giant incense burner -- the famous joukoro -- in the middle of the pathway. She was ready to head home when an ominous gust of wind brushed by her. She stopped and glanced back... gasping at a VERY tall person (or thing) standing before the incense burner. It was dressed in sophisticated, long robes, but besides the unbelievable height that didn't make it look human, there was long, fox-like tail curling onto the ground.

Mimi felt her legs trembling as the being turned around, glaring coldly at the girl. "YEE~ESH!" she mumbled, staring at the fox digimon known as Taomon. The said creature leapt towards the Guardian Tamer before it register in her head to get out of the way, and from the sleeve of her robes, a gigantic calligraphy brush slipped into Taomon's hand as a weapon. Instead of clobbering Mimi's head with, Taomon beautifully created strokes of light in mid-air, making the Chinese (or Japanese) character of 'light', "TALISMAN OF LIGHT!" The powerful, glowing character swooped at the girl, who ducked missing her head by an inch, and smashed into the wall of the Hozo Gate, destroying part of the two-story gate.

She gaped at the damage that one character had caused, giving Taomon the chance to physically use the brush by striking the girl's back. Mimi hit the ground painfully and reached for a Digital Coin. Taomon raised the brush above her head with the non-brush end towards the human to kill her, but as the huge brush went down and struck it hard, there was a flash of light, and Taomon froze, baring her sharp teeth in anger.

When the light disappeared, Mimi was on her back with the end of the brush a foot into the concrete next to her head while she held out LEOMON's pointed sword up to Taomon's chest. They remained in their spots for a few seconds when Taomon suddenly jumped back and Mimi climbed back on her feet with the sword ready in hand. As soon as retreated out of the way, Taomon charged right in again with her brush and sliced it down to the left, but Mimi blocked the attack. The digimon continued her offensive move, not giving a chance for the Guardian Tamer to retaliate, and defending was all Mimi could do as she backed up towards Hozo Gate.

Within the gate, Mimi ducked between the huge pillars to help boost her weak defense. She continued to struggle against Taomon's onslaught but still didn't give up hope. In the midst of battle, a Digital Coin dropped to the ground. Mimi noticed which one it was and gasped. "BEAST SWORD!" she yelled as the two weapons clashed. The power flared up in the sword briefly, forcing Taomon back. Mimi grabbed the Digital Coin and switched powers, "I call upon the Digital Monster... PIXIMON! Lend me your powers and guide me into victory! DIGITAL ASSIMILATION!"

She emerged from the light with fairy wings on her back, dressed in a fluffy, pink dress -- that was perfect for a ballerina -- and held a spear in her right hand. "PSY BOMB!" she shouted, and clones of the Mimi appeared, surrounding a confused Taomon. The fox digimon wouldn't be taken as a fool when she remember where the original Guardian Tamer was and attacked her, jamming the brush into her stomach. The weapon surprisingly went straight through her body, but Mimi's clone only smiled and exploded. Immediately after that, the rest of the clone grabbed onto Taomon and began to explode one by one, weaking the digimon.

The real Mimi stepped up to the fallen Taomon and used her giant digial mallet, "GIGA-SMASH!" When it was truly over, she wiped the sweat from her brow and sighed, "Whew, this is tough!" She stretched her arms into the air and yawned, "I hope Lillymon'll let me sleep the rest of the day." She then heard something up in the sky and groaned, hoping it wasn't another digimon. She squinted her eyes, getting into a fighting stance, "Well... it looks like..." Her lips curled up into a smile as she recognized... "LONE WOLF!"

When he landed, he looked around and saw a partially destroyed building and the concrete ground busted, but besides that, nothing out of the ordinary. He scratched his head, "So... I guess you dealt with everything here, huh?"

"Yep!" she beamed, clutching the spear to her chest, and he sweatdropped. He noticed her new outfit and coughed, turning away with the decision not to ask. He started to walk out of there without another word, and Mimi followed him with a smile still plastered on her face. "It was really fun!" she began, "even though I almost got killed... There was this nice lady at the post office... I asked her for directions... I can't believe how big this temple is! I thought chasing around that small digimon would take forever!! But ya know..." She continued to relate her exciting battle to him while he groaned in weariness.



Puppetmon sweatdropped as he watched the two Guardian Tamers leave through the Kaminari Gate of Sensou Temple on the mini-television. The Magic Mirror grinned smuggly in the background, sewing together a UFO Mimi doll. The wooden-ish digimon sighed and glanced over to his master, who was now getting a facial from Piedmon. He somehow had to spill the terrible news at the failure of his master's ingenious plan. It was a brilliant one, splitting up the two Guardian Tamers and whoever had to fight alone against the two digimons would die, but they had underestimated the female one's abilities.

That, or sending the Piximon to fight was a stupid idea. But Puppetmon would not admit that to the Digimon Emperor, who had insisted on sending the fairy digimon or else they wouldn't order pizza for dinner. Puppetmon shook his head, wondering how he would give his master the unhappy news, and flipped to another channel to watch some Pokemon.


TO BE CONTINUED...


[A spotlight on Mimi as she steps forward, looking wistful with her hands over her chest where her heart is. And her monologue begins...]

Mimi: What is this feeling... inside of me... whenever I see him... ? Why do I feel faint... whenever he holds me? Why do I feel so light-headed... whenever he looks at me? The deep-blue that seem to penetrate my heart, my soul... The very essence of me waver at his intense gaze. *sigh* I don't understand... but this warm feeling... I...

[SD-Taichi & SD-Sora are in tears, deeply moved by their friend's display of raw emotions and thoughts.'

SD-Taichi: [snaps to his sense] HEY! I have BROWN eyes!

SD-Mimi: [smiling, joins her friend as the scene returns to normal with good lighting] What a preformance, huh? I want to be an actress!!

SD-Sora: [sighs, bopping SD-Taichi on the head with her trademark mini-mallet] Mimi, you just ruined the most romantic moment ever!

Lillymon: We've got no time for love! Mimi's in danger! She's been foiling the DigiEmperor's plans every time, and now he wants her DEAD... even if she's cute!

K-chan: Ahem, if I may interrupt to give proper credit for the lyrics of the song "Supergirl" sung by Papaya from Dance Dance Revolution -- which is a perfect song for Mimi, ne?