Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Magical Girl Mimi ❯ Helpless Guardian Tamers ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sora: I don't know what to do, Tai! Mimi-chan and Ishida are sick... and so helpless! What if the digimon attack?! What are we gonna do?

Taichi: [thinking] I really don't know, Sora... but there's only one thing I can do...

Sora: [looks hopeful] What? What is it?

SD-Taichi: [grinning, holds up a cooking pot and runs off, yelling] Don't worry, Mimi-chan! Your Tai is on his way to make you all better! With his specially made soup!

SD-Sora: *sweatdrop* Uuh... I don't think he realizes he can't cook. *blink* And besides, Mimi-chan's mother is a famous chef! [runs after him with a giant mallet] TA~A~I~I~!!

SD-Lillymon: *sigh* That boy! [shaking her head] Only Sora can ever KNOCK some sense into him.



MAGICAL GIRL MIMI

written by K-chan

Episode Nine: Helpless Guardian Tamers



Was there any surprise to find out that the Digimon Emperor was NOT in a good mood after he viewed the latest battle against the Guardian Tamers? With tightly clenched fists, he fumed with smoke coming out of his ears and started to stomp on the ground like a child with a horrible temper tantrum, "THAT WAS SO STUPID!!! THERE WAS HARDLY ANY DAMAGE -- IF YOU EVEN CONSIDER FLIPPING A STUPID BOAT OVER AS DAMAGE!!! THEY DIDN'T EVEN REACH THE ELEMENTAL POINT!!!"

While he was making their failures known, no one was really paying attention because Puppetmon and Piedmon were replaying the scene where Mimi assimilated WHAMON's powers and outfit, becoming a beautiful mermaid. "She's so~o~o~ cute!" Piedmon sang, and his friend nodded in agreement. They continued to watch as Mimi attacked Ikkakumon, "Yaay! Mimi-chan! She's so awesome!"

A pissed off Digimon Emperor hovered over them in the background with angry steam flaring out of his nostrils like an enraged bull. He was about to severely punish his servants for cheering the enemy when his own reflection shouted, "For all the Guardian Tamer Mimi fans, I'm selling authentic Mimi dolls at a very low price! Come and get them while they're still here!" The two digimons nearly ran over their master just to get to the Magic Mirror, who smirked, "That's right! Only 5000 yen a piece!"

"That's a little high," Puppetmon said nervously.

The reflection glared at them, "Che, fine. Six thousand!"

"All right!"

"IDIOTS!" the Emperor yelled, shoving a wad of yen to the mirror, and took all the dolls, while Puppetmon and Piedmon were bawling on the floor. He grinned menancingly, "Heh, these'll make perfect voodoo dolls!"

"Get your GT Mimi shirts! Only 2000 yen a piece!"

"OOH OOH!! I WANT ONE!" The two digimons were pushing against each other, trying to get the t-shirts, while the Emperor walked off with his arm filled with Mimi UFO dolls, one of the many handmade products by the Magic Mirror that he was selling. While the little store was a success in the background, the Emperor went over to the mini-television to catch up on some current Real World news that mainly centered around a certain female Guardian Tamer.

He suddenly screamed like a frightened, little girl when he saw the close-up face of some nose-running zombie, clutching his chest and breathing hard, short gasps. "S-sc-a-ary-y..." he murmured.



It wasn't one of Mimi's excellent days of looking lovely, but why would she bother with that when she was dragging her ill-looking self across the front campus of school. She took a pink hankerchief from her pocket and unintentionally blew her nose very loud, and everyone stopped what they were doing and gawked at her. Feeling slightly dizzy, she paused and swayed back and forth... back and forth... She eventually lost consciousness and fell forward... into strong arms that supported her.

"Mimi!" Sora cried, running up to Taichi, and helped him support Mimi on one side. "She looks terrible," she said, "She shouldn't even be at school today."

Taichi was still staring at Mimi's face, and tears welled up in his eyes. "MIMI-CHAN!" he cried, rubbing her cheek against his, "She's so... helpless! And still cute! Waaai~, I'm so heartbroken! Maybe she'll wake up with a kiss! Yeah, that's it!" He pucked up his lips ready to kiss Mimi when a mallet knocked him out. Sora was glaring daggers at his fallen form, and when she was calm, she heaved Mimi's body over her left shoulder with amazing strength for a twelve-year-old and dragged Taichi's with her other hand, heading to the nurse's office.



The Digimon Emperor was cackling like the insane person that he was at the priceless opportunity of an ill Guardian Tamer. While he was busy laughing, Puppetmon and Piedmon were thrilled with their Mimi products and even dressed in LILLYMON's outfits with wings and all -- true GT Mimi fans -- and the Magic Mirror was counting his profits. Everyone was happy in their own little, weird, insane world... until the Emperor stopped abruptly, coughing.

He ran to his throne and sat down like a civilized ruler, snapping his fingers for service. At the beckoning sound, Piedmon -- still in LILLYMON's costume -- appeared by his side with a tray holding a glass of water. He took a drink, soothing his dry throat from the cackling. "Get me Daemon on the line," he ordered, and Puppetmon satisfied his request, bringing down a huge, flat monitor from the ceiling. They waited for a bit until a human-ish being covered in maroon cloth from top to bottom staring back at them with beady eyes.

"Hmm, you again," he said and shrugged, "I was wondering when you would give me a call, considering your futile attempts to kill a helpless girl."

"Daemon, sir," Puppetmon began, "She's not really helpless. She's been kicking digimon butt."

He sweatdropped and looked at them oddly because of their new choice of clothing, "I won't ask." He then turned to the Emperor, "Anyway, what can we at 'Digimon for Hire' do for you?"

"I want your best digimon on this next assignment," he smiled, rubbing his hands together in great anticipation. "This time will be a success!"

Daemon looked through some papers and said, "Well... it seems like our best ultimate-levels are all on assignments and won't be back until next week. If you're still insistent, then we do have a rookie available."

"A ROOKIE?!!" he bellowed, "I'M INSULTED!!"

"Insult? You want an insult?! I'll give you an insult!" Daemon growled, "You're brain's so small... even a bacteria could swallow it whole!" He glared at his 'royal pain in the butt' client, who scowled at him, while Puppetmon and Piedmon snickered in the background until their master's glare silenced them. "Fine, I'll have the rookie dispatched immediately, if it makes you feel better."

"It won't, but you don't care," he sniffled.

"Very well. Any specific orders this time... besides 'Kill, kill, kill that damn, annoying but cute girl... and her bishounen sidekick'?"

The Emperor sweatdropped, "Umm... stealing the Digital Key would be nice..." Then he smiled, "Without it, she won't be able to assimilate!"

"Good idea, boss!" his digimons cheered.

"I understand," Daemon nodded, "It's a-- Well, I really can't say 'it's a pleasure doing business with you', but I'll leave it at that."



Meanwhile, Mimi was sleeping peacefully in bed, snuggling her head comfortably against the pillow, as she drew the covers warmly over her shoulders. As peaceful as she looked, the bedding wasn't helping any bit with its strange movements, rocking back and forth. The shaking began to grate her nerves, and she sat up, rubbing her eyes to find out what was disturbing her rest. Her brown eyes shone brightly, and she gasped at the vast area of what she thought to be her room... at least she was on her bed, but in the middle of the blue ocean?!

For miles, stretching beyond her vision, she saw nothing but water and the clear skies overhead. Not single living soul was around; just her bed and her as they drifted in unknown territory. Strangely, she didn't feel scared at all, and her mind was blank as the black hole. She wanted to think of some rational explanation for her current situation, but it would require thought, and she didn't feel like putting so much energy into it, so she sat there, blinking at nothing in particular.

She looked at her self in confusion, wearing her school uniform to bed, but her head snapped up when a shadow drifted by. She raised an eyebrow at the giant, deadpanned duck floating by, followed by small baby ducks. She would've said it was cute, but a hand suddenly grabbed the duck and lifted into the air like it was an obstruction. Her eye widened as she traced the hand to the arm until she had a clear view of the owner...

"ISHIDA-KU~UN?!!"

She stared up in amazement at a giant Yamato throwing out the annoying rubber ducky from the water, where he was relaxing against the side of the ofuro (or bathtub). "WAAA~I~I~!" she panicked, "What am I doing here?! What's going on?!" The bed-float started to rock against the sudden waves that Yamato was making with the splash of his hand, as if he was oblivious to little Mimi stranded on her bed in the middle of his ofuro.

A huge wave pushed against the bed, flipping it over, and she fell into the water. After moments of fighting against the currents, she managed to get a grip on the frame of her bed and remained there, coughing the remains of the water out of her mouth. The water finally calmed down when she noticed that the ofuro was empty of Yamato's presence. She screamed again when she saw him standing beside the ofuro -- in black shorts, of course -- and his hand reached for her and picked her out of the water.

She was dripping wet, hanging in the air by Yamato's fingers holding the back collar of her shirt. She didn't know what to say, at least he saved her from being drown, but he suddenly smirked. She blinked. And blinked. And blinked.

He shook her like a box of cereal... until something fell into his other hand. It was a prize for shaking Mimi: the Digital Key! It wasn't the small version for tiny Mimi, but the usual size of the palm. "Oh no!" she gasped, checking around her neck --where the Digital Key usually was -- to find it empty, and tryied to reach out to to the one in Yamato's hand, "Please, Ishida-kun, give it back to me! Lillymon will be so angry with me if I lose it! Please!"

The whole situation still didn't hit her that she was this tiny little thing, practically a doll in Yamato's hand... and usually, that was rather weird. Even weirder was the fact that Yamato plopped the Digital Key into his mouth and swallowed it! Mimi's eyes nearly popped out of her head, "EEEK?! THAT'S SO GROSS?!!" Yamato grinned at her, and she blinked thoughtfully, "So is it good?"

His grin widened as he moved Mimi towards his mouth. She totally freaked as his mouth became bigger and bigger, "WAAAH!!! NOOOOO!! DON'T EAT ME!! PLEASE DON'T EAT ME!!! LITTLE MIMI'S DON'T TASTE VERY GOOD!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!! DON'T EAT ME!!


"DON'T EAT MEE~EE~E~E~!!!" she screamed, throwing the covers from her body, and sat up. Sora and Taichi immediately ran to their friend's side as the girl's arms flailed rapidly, knocking Taichi up-side the head, and he fell to the floor unconscious. Sora grabbed Mimi's arms, holding them in place, and shook her out of the dream/nightmare.

"Mimi! Wake up!!" she shouted, "It's only a nightmare! Wake up!"

The girl's eyes popped open, and her arms fell to her side. "Huh?" was Mimi's only response until she saw Taichi knocked out on the floor, "Gee, Tai-chan falls asleep all over the place, huh?"

Sora sweatdropped as the sick girl sneezed. She took out a handkerchief and gave it to Mimi, who loudly blew her nose. "Mimi, if you weren't feeling good, you should've stayed home," her friend adviced. Mimi sneezed a few more times and then coughed, "You shouldn't have gotten out of bed either." She walked over and helped an unconscious Taichi into a chair and left him there.

"I'll be okay," she said and laid back down on the cot, sniffling.

"Mitsuya-sensei and the nurse went to call your father, so... he'll pick you up soon."

"Aah," came Mimi's soft acknowledgment before dozing off again, though Sora was curious as to what her friend's dream was about.

Lillymon peeked out of the school bag to see if the place was cleared and flew out. She saw Taichi snoring away and grinned mischievously, flying over to him. Sora watched in silence as she watched the flying digimon twirl in the air before the boy's unconscious face, and in a blink of an eye, several pink ribbons were grasped in her hands. Her eyes were so wide, staring at the fairy's lovely work in taming Taichi's hair with the ribbons, and she did her best to stiffle the giggles as the boy gradually woke up, yawning. He rubbed his eyes and then spotted a giggling Sora.

"Well, you two," Lillymon began, "I think you have done enough around. You should get back to your class now."

"But," Taichi protested, "I wanna stay with Mimi-chan! She needs to be pampered and nursed back to her cute self!"

"TAI! Her father can do that!" Sora said, getting up, and pulled Taichi along, "Besides, the class is dying to see you." He blinked at her and scratched his head, noting nothing unusual about himself. Lillymon smirked and turned her attention back to Mimi, who was mumbling something about the Digital Key not being a good appetizer. She seemed a bit worried too.



<< EYE-CATCH: A triumphant Mimi is standing with one foot on the Digimon Emperor's beatened body while Puppetmon & Piedmon, in Mimi fan gears, clapped happily at their idol's victory. SD-Yamato and SD-Lillymon are staring at the two digimons, sweatdropping in the background with a thought bubble that read 'Aren't they the bad guys?!' >>



It felt like deja vu as he tried to bury his head beneath the pillows again, trying to drown out the noisy ringing of the phone. Yamato groaned through his stuffy nose, grabbing another pillow to hopefully kill himself. The ringing apparently wasn't going to give up, so he threw the pillows away and kicked his covers off the bed. Unfortunately, he didn't realize he was so close to the edge of the bed... that when he rolled onto his side, he pretty much rolled off the bed, landing painfully onto the floor. He moaned before cursing his day.

He got up, grabbing his covers, and wrapped it around himself, as he stalked off to the living room with his eyes barely opened to see where he was going. His usual coordination was not keen under his current circumstance of being ill, so he bumped into the door twice before he figured that it was closed. He opened it and managed to bump into the walls several times before reaching the living room. He brushed a hand through his disheveled blonde hair in frustration, sniffling, and picked up the phone (that had rang for the upteenth time -- persistent caller), "Hu~ll--ACHOO!"

"Yamato!" his father called, "You feeling any better, son?" And the answer had been so obvious that he didn't really need to ask the boy that, but the conversation had to start from somewhere! The boy grunted in reply. "That's good! I just called to tell you I'll be a bit late tonight. Can you managed on your own?" Another grunt, and that was the end of the delightful conversation.

Instead of taking the LONG trek back to his bedroom, Yamato managed to stumble his way over to the couch and crashed there until he felt better to actually get up and do something useful for the day.



Meanwhile, a snot bubble was enlarging... then shrinking... enlarging... and shrinking... along with Mimi's snoring as she slept away in the dreadful Tachikawa-mobile, obliviously strapped to death in the passenger seat, as her father bidded a teary-eyed Mitsuya-sensei and the school nurse a thank you and good-bye. The two women watched as the car sped away dangerously, doing several amazing stunts, and Mitsuya-sensei burst into loud sobs after reading reading the bumper sticker, 'I drive this way when I'm happy. Imagine me pissed off.'

To make it short -- or rather it WAS short -- the vehicle made it through the day's meager traffic with ease: five minutes flat, a new record for Mr. Tachikawa! Mimi was still zoned out from the cold, but the effect had taken its toll on poor Lillymon, who was in the girl's school bag... that pretty much bounced around the car with the reckless driving. When the car stopped, she managed to crawl out of the bag with a major headache and massaged her temple until she could hear her conscience told her that she was still alive.

Mr. Tachikawa opened the passenger door and unbuckled the sleeping girl and carried her into the house. Lillymon recovered quickly and inconspicuously flew out of the car before the door closed shut. She followed the man up to the Tachikawa home, where he soon deposited his daughter in her own bed. He smiled and tucked her comfortably beneath the covers and kissed her gently on the forehead. "Get well, princess," he whispered and remained there a bit longer... until his cell phone rang, nearly giving a heart attack.

He fumbled with the phone as he hurried to get out of his daughter's room, doing a terrible job of not disturbing her rest. As he exited the room, Lillymon entered, fluttering over his head. After a bit of the man's phone-chatting, she heard footsteps disappearing towards the front door, and the said door opened and then closed. She then rested herself on the night stand, looking bored, and sighed, "With Mimi sick in bed, it's very boring around here. It's like life seemed to have lost its meaning..."

She stretched her arms in the air and yawned. Seeing Mimi sleeping peacefully, she might as well get some shut eye. But apparently, the day wasn't going to be that dull... when something screeched in fright, "CANNONBA~A~ALL!!" Something suddenly crashed through the window that made Lillymon quite alert, taking to the air. She spied the object on the floor that slowly unrolled from its sphere form to be... a digimon!

"MIMI!!" she screamed at the sleeping girl, "Mimi! You have to get up!! There's a digimon attack!! MIMI!!" Ever since they started to fight off digimons, it had become a habit to panick and engage in battle without further assessment of their opponents. Lillymon tried slapping the girl's cheek, but that didn't work. Tugging her hair, and that still didn't work. She pouted angrily, flailing her arms at the unconscious girl. Then an idea hit her, and she out of the room to get something.

During this time, the digimon intruder -- which was a Floramon -- was regaining her senses after being catapulted from the Digital World to the Real World and crashed through a window at unexpected notice. She shook her head to clear her thoughts and try to remember what her assignment was, "Let's see... Daemon-sama told me to... kill the key... and steal the girl!!" It sounded a little weird to her, "Or was it the other way around?"

Lillymon returned and stuffed up Mimi's nose and mouth with cottonballs until the girl couldn't breathe anymore... and Mimi jerked up in bed, coughing the white, fluffy balls from breathing passages. During one of the inhalation, she nearly choked on a cottonball, but with one powerful cough, it shot out of her mouth and hit Lillymon right in her face, "EEE~EE~EWWE~!!! SO GRO~OSS!!"

"You said it!" Floramon agreed, nearly gagging in disgust.

Mimi managed to get herself together after an unpleasant sneeze. Still a bit dazed, she stared at the plant digimon with curiosity, "Yamato? Is that you? You look a little short today..."

"MIMI!" Lillymon admonished, after a 30-second sterilization in the bathroom.

"My name is Floramon!" she smiled, doing what looked like a curtsy. "I'm here to kill you and take the Digital Key!"

"Oh that's nice, Yamamon," the girl yawned, "Just don't eat me." She curled back underneath her covers while the little plant fumed, and Lillymon sweatdropped.

"It's... FLORAMO~O~ON!!!! How dare you ignore me!!!" The semi-cute digimon tried to look her meanest, but it looked more silly than anything else. She tried to prove it wrong by attacking, "STAMEN ROPE!" She held her purple petaled-hands in front of her as several stamens shot out, whipping the covers and pillows away from a tired Mimi. Some stamens were trying to get snatched Lillymon and stop the fairy from yelling for Mimi to assimilate.

Mimi was rubbing her eyes, trying to focus on what she had thought was her dream again, but the stamens grabbed her arms and legs and yanked her into the air. Lillymon dodged all the stamens and fled the room to get help. Floramon shrugged at her fleeing victim and settled with the girl because she was part of the assignment. She broke off her stamen appendanges after having tied up the brunette securely and hopped onto the bed to get a closer look at her captive. She took out a sheet of paper and compared the terrible printed black & white image of a vibrant Mimi with the sickly-looking girl, "Hmm, too bad Daemon-sama only had black ink... but I think this is her. But... she looks a little different... What if she's not?"

She shuddered at the thought of being punished for goofing up the assignment. "Aaah!" she cried happily, "If I make her look like the photo, then Daemon-sama can't punish me! Yeah!" She hopped off the bed and head to the closet, set with the task of beautifying Mimi to all her cute glory!


During this time out in the living room, a frantic Lillymon was finally able to lift the phone receiver off the base and began to dial the only emergency number that could handle this situation. "ISHIDA?!!" she screamed into the phone.

Before she could say another word, an unfamiliar voice came on, "Hello, you have reached the Fashion Emergency Hotline... Press o--" Lillymon angrily hung up, muttering to herself that she needed a vacation from Mimi, as she dialed the (hopeful) correct number...

"'Niji Sushi Eats'! We deli--"

And the speaker never finished his greeting. Lillymon growled as she took her time dialing the next number. It rang a few times until she heard someone pick up and a dreaded, familiar voice came on, "Hu~llo~o?"

"ISHIDA?!! THAT'S REALLY YOU, RIGHT?!! ANYWAY, MIMI'S IN TROUBLE!! GET OVER HERE NOW!! HER HOUSE, I MEAN!! GOT IT?! OKAY!!" She then heard a click and blinked, wondering if that was REALLY him...



After clicking the receiver off, Yamato went back to the couch with it still in his hand. He laid back down to go back to sleep when... his eyes opened up again with that exhausted look that Mimi had earlier. He then got up again, putting the receiver down. It sounded like Lillymon yelling at him about Mimi needing some rescuing, but he wasn't sure if it was all a dream. Whether it was reality or a dream, Mimi needed his help no matter what, even if he was sick.

"The things I do," he muttered and headed out the front door, unknowingly dragging the covers with him.



Half an hour passed by, and Lillymon couldn't take anymore of the horrible punishment! She flew out of Mimi's room after screaming her head off at Floramon attempting to dress up a snoozing, tied Mimi. The digimon didn't bother with taking the girl's school uniform off, so now Mimi had a pink dressed put on backwards, and her hair was in three (lopsided) ponytails that was still being brushed.

"THIS IS A NIGHTMARE!" the fairy screamed, but then the doorbell rang. She flew over to it and yelled, "IS THAT YOU, ISHIDA?!" The reply came as a grunt, and that was definitely him. She fumed, "Look! I'm this tiny fairy here, and the door is like REALLY BIG... so I'll let you put two and two together!" And in the next second, the door flew off its hinges right into Lillymon, sending both to the floor. Yamato was standing there with his leg still lingering in the air after kicking it down. He then entered the home just as Lillymon, with sudden, amazing powers, lifted the door into the air and threw it aside like the pissed off and injured fairy that she was.

"ISHIDA!" she growled, fluttering in his face, "If it wasn't for the fact that Mimi is VERY helpless right now, I would SO beat you to a pulp till Mimi would have to reel in horror at the very sight of you!" And this was coming from a fairy to Yamato, who was thirty times (or more) her size. In a huff, she grabbed his shirt and tried to drag him towards Mimi's room, "And you HAD to take SO long in getting here! Why didn't you transform?!! HUH?"

It was apparent that it had slipped the mind of an ill Yamato, so he had walked all the way to Mimi's place with people giving him odd stares. "I forgot," was his simple answer.

"FORGOT?! YEESH!! I can't believe you! And here I thought you were a little more dependable and competent!"

"Are ya done yankin' yet?" he grumbled, reaching into his pocket for a Digital Coin. He reached the bedroom and stared at the scene of Floramon putting some make-up (that belonged to Mrs. Tachikawa) on the girl to make her more vibrant-looking... but heavy, thick layers of make-up made her look more like a clown!

"OMIGOD!" Lillymon shouted, "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MIMI?!!"

"This is a dream," Yamato said quietly, and the fairy glared at him, "It has to be... but I'll save her cute butt again." Lillymon blinked as he placed the coin onto the slot of the Digital Armlet, "I summon the Digital Monster... WEREGARURUMON! DIGITAL ASSIMILATION!"

With a big smile, Floramon stepped back from her masterpiece and cheered, "She's so pu~ur-dy~!" She threw the lipstick over her shoulder and prepared to complete the first half of her assignment: kill the Guardian Tamer. "STAMEN..."

"Giga-Punch." And a gloved fist smashed against Floramon's head, and POOF! The Digital Coin fell on Mimi's bed.

Lillymon wore a flat look, "That was a pathetic fight."

"But it's over!" he sighed and crawled into Mimi's bed. Without any other thoughts, he pulled a still tied, sleeping Mimi next to him and hugged her like a pillow and soon drifted off to sleep. It would've been a very adorable sight, but Mimi's clown face was just too scary at the moment, even Lillymon cringed and flew out of the room.

"Great," she sighed, "With two Guardian Tamers out, I have to clean up this mess!"



Somewhere in the Digital World... at 'Digimon for Hire', Daemon was packing up, ready to head home after a long day's hard work, but then he remembered, "Hmm... I wonder how Floramon did on her job. She should've completed it by now." He walked down the hallway, towards the lounge where the digimons would all gather before they punched out of the office, but when he appeared in front of the door, he sensed a heavy cloud of darkness. He opened the door, and that cloud of darkness was even more prominent!

He sweatdropped to see several rookie digimons dressed in something black -- mostly had black veils on their heads -- weeping in front of a photo of Floramon. "I guess that answers that..." Instead of entering and joining the mourning, he turned right around and decided to go on vacation as soon as possible... like immediately, before the Digimon Emperor called.

Too late, he could hear the phone ringing in his office.


TO BE CONTINUED...


Mimi: I'm glad that's over... I'm SO~O~O~ tired! [leans against Yamato's shoulder and hugs a pillow as she drifts off to sleep]

Yamato: [leans against the couch and is about to nod off too, not minding that Mimi is next to him] I have to agree with her for once. *yawn*

Koushiro: Umm... you guys? Hey, this really isn't the time...

SD-Lillymon: [flying over them, flaps her arms at them angrily] HE~E~EY!! GET UP!!! We've got a problem!! Mimi's in trouble!!

Koushiro: *blink* Umm, isn't she always in trouble?

Lillymon: Pretty much... But that's besides the point! She's acting weird! [looks at a sleeping Yamato, who has an arm around Mimi protectively] But not as weird as he is...