Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Miracles of Birth ❯ Tournament pt 1: First and second round ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Miracles of Birth
By matn90
Disclaimer: I don't own anything I don't own.
Didn't get much reviews, understandable since it was a short chapter last time. Anyway, there is plenty of action in this chapter and some suspense with it. Plus, Xee makes his appearance and move.
 
Also I would like to thank Aarik rage from Mediaminer for reminding me that Gatomon is a champion Digimon. So she will fight as her rookie form Salamon.
 
 
Reviews: 8 (I'm loving it. Yeah!)
 
Anyway, here is the next chapter.
 
This is speech in normal tone.
 
This is speech in thought.
 
Speech in Flashback.
 
Don't forget to cheer for your favorite Digimon in the fights! Plus, the tournament is in many chapters, but I will update every day.
 
Chapter 2: Tournament pt 1: First and second round
 
It was a fine day for a fight.
 
Or a bunch of fights if you want to call it.
 
Today was the day of the first annual Digidestined Digimon Rookie Struggle match. All of Japan's Digimon were at Odiaba for this competition; there were some from even different countries.
 
Veemon was with his partner who was with all the other Odiaba Digidestined. They were all talking how their partners were going to win the competition.
 
“Agumon, going to win this one! We've been training for at least a month.” Said Tai as Agumon nodded.
 
“Forget it Tai, I've been teaching Gabumon some Martial Arts that I learned.” Said Matt as Gabumon gave a fighting position.
 
“Don't think were out, Biyomon's been working hard too. Right?” She asked Biyomon.
 
“Yep. And Gabumon, please don't go easy on me. I may be your mate, but I think I can even take you down.” Said Biyomon.
 
“Sure.” Said Gabumon kissing her on the cheek.
 
“Palmon's been working hard too.”
 
“Actually Tentomon and I have been working on a chance for Victory.”
 
“Well so has Gomamon.”
 
“And Patamon.
 
“Don't forget Gatomon.”
 
“Veemon's been working hard too.”
 
“Hawkmon's going to win hands down.”
 
“Not if Armadillomon has something to say about that.”
 
“I think Wormmon might be better then all of you.”
 
“O.K. Then let's have a bet!” Shouted Yolie getting everyone's attention.
 
“What kind of a bet?” Asked Sora.
 
“I don't know, think of one.” Said Yolie.
 
“How bout the winner gets all the loser's allowance and uses it on clothes!” Said Mimi.
 
“No.” Everyone said.
 
“How bout doing the person's chores for a week?” Asked Tai.
 
“Forget it Tai, one: That's no fun. And two: You're not making up clean your room for you. I would rather face Devimon alone.” Said Matt.
 
“You know they are betting on us?” Said Gomamon.
 
“Yes I know. I can't help but wonder should we be annoyed or interested in this.” Said Hawkmon
 
“I GOT IT!” Cried Davis as the group, both human and Digimon, looked at him, “The winner and his or her Digimon get treated to a free meal while all the others pay for the entire meal no matter the cost!”
 
“DEAL!” Cried everyone, especially the Digimon, who wanted a free meal.
 
“Mind if I join in the bet?”
 
Everyone turned to see none other then Michael and his partner Betamon come towards them.
 
“Michael!” Cried Mimi as she went up and hugged him (Sorry JyouraKoumi). Michael blushed a little when this happened but he managed to keep it hidden from the others.
 
“You hear for the tournament too?” Asked Mimi.
 
“Yeah, but I'm only hear to watch it and…I wanted to see you and your friends.” Said Michael.
 
“Thanks!” Said Mimi smiling.
 
“So how many Digimon are in this tournament anyway?” Asked Gatomon.
 
“From what I know about 100. The duels are already made and the rules are made sure nobody gets deleted.” Said Izzy.
 
“Attention! Will all the Digimon in the tournament please head to center of the area? We are about to begin.” Said a loudspeaker.
 
“Well, that's your cue guys!” Said Sora.
 
“Hit them hard!” Said Tai.
 
“Do your best!” Said Ken.
 
“Well do!” Said Biyomon.
 
“Don't worry.” Said Agumon.
 
“Let's kick some butt!” Cried Veemon already excited.
 
The Digimon all headed to the center of the area where a large crowd of Rookie Digimon had gathered and were all ready to rumble.
 
A man in his forties stood on a platform with a microphone and said, “Ladies and Gentlemen! Children of all ages! Digimon of every kind! Welcome one and all to the first annual Digidestined Digimon Rookie Struggle match!”
 
A round of applause shot out.
 
“This tournament is to decide the best of the best of you Digimon chosen to defend our worlds with the help of your human partners. This will test your strength, cunning, will, and talent in this battle of them all! The winner goes away not only with pride and honor, but with 100,000 Yen as well!” Said the announcer getting the crowd up and going. “The rules are simple. The matches are one on one matches chosen randomly, the Digimon fighting must keep going till one gives up, knocked out, or knocked out of the ring. Their will be no digivolving to any other levels, only Rookie Digimon may fight. You can not kill your opponent as well. Finally no help from your partners what so ever. Should the fight become too intense then we will cancel the match and decide a winner from our judges. This will keep going till we have a champion! Are you ready?
 
“YEAH!” Shouted everyone.
 
“THEN LET'S GET READY TO RUMMBLE!!!!!!!”
 
The Tournament was already under way. Already 12 fights had commenced and each one of them was a good one. Finally the first of the Odaiba Digimon were going to fight and it was going to be a bird fight.
 
“Next up! Hawkmon vs. Biyomon!” Cried the announcer.
 
“Fly high Hawkmon!” Cried Yolie giving a thumbs up.
 
“With pleasure.” Cried Hawkmon flying to the arena.
 
“Do your best Biyomon!” Cried Sora waving her hand.
 
“O.k. Sora!” Cried Biyomon before flying up to the arena.
 
Both birds faced each other before nodding their heads and the referee shouted, “Begin!”
 
Both of them sailed up into the air and started to dive and peck each other with their beaks giving them some bruises.
 
“Spiral Twister!” Cried Biyomon turning around and shooting her attack at Hawkmon who barley dodged it. He then counter attacked with his own attack, “Feather Strike!” He threw his feather boomerang and missed, but he caught it when it came back and started to throw it again and again.
 
I have to get on a hit somehow!....That's it! Thought Biyomon as she got an idea.
 
She started to fly straight at Hawkmon who started to use his Feather Strike.
 
Got to time this right!
 
“Feather Strike!” cried Hawkmon releasing his attack. To his surprise Biyomon at the last second floated down barley enough that the feather missed her head by inches. Biyomon then slammed into Hawkmon and started pecking him with her beak bruising him as well as give him a few cuts that barley bled.
 
Then she flew up high just in time as the feather that Hawkmon threw came back and hit Hawkmon in the face knocking him back. He felt small drops of blood falling from his nose as he tried to recover, but was almost hit with a Spiral Twister. He started to fly from the attacks.
 
Then Hawkmon got an idea. If Biyomon used his own attack against him why could he do the same to her. He prepared a Feather Strike and, like Biyomon did before, he started to fly straight at her. She then prepared a Spiral Twister and released it. But then Hawkmon used his Feather Strike and aimed the feather to go right in the middle of the Twister which didn't hit it thus it hit Biyomon in the face dazing her a bit.
 
Perfect! Now for part two! The hawk digimon thought as he then went up to the air and dived at the speed of a hawk. Before she knew what hit her, Hawkmon grabbed her around the waist with his talons and she went diving with him. Hawkmon then slammed her to the arena floor where he held her tight with his talons while holding on to her tightly. Biyomon tried to get out, but Hawkmon wasn't letting go anytime soon. Once a hawk captures its prey it never lets go.
 
Finally, after 5 minutes she gave up.
 
“Winner Hawkmon!” Cried the announcer as Hawkmon let go.
 
“Sorry for that, I let my instincts take over.” Said Hawkmon.
 
“It's alright. You got me fair and square.” Said Biyomon walking back to her partner, “Sorry I lost Sora.”
 
“It's o.k. as long as you tried your best Biyomon.” Said Sora holding her.
 
Meanwhile, Yolie was in happy land as she kept screaming “Perfecto” while picking up Hawkmon and throwing him around like a rag doll, much to Hawkmon's disappointment.
 
After that the other Odiaba Digimon faced other Destined Digimon and all of them proceeding to the next round. In the next round the first fight of the second round was between Agumon and Hawkmon.
 
Both digimon faced each other in the arena.
 
“Ready! Begin!”
 
Agumon didn't waste a second as he shouted out, “Pepper Breath!”
 
The large fire ball headed straight at Hawkmon, but he easily avoided it by flying into the sky and it missed, but then accidentally burned a man's pants. He was dancing like a mad man till it was put out by a SnowAgumon.
 
Moving on.
 
Hawkmon proceeded to dive and try to attack with his talons, but Agumon always dodged them and would proceed to attack with Pepper Breath, but it always missed.
 
If only I can get close enough. I would have a perfect shot. But how do I do that? Thought Agumon after dodging an attack.
 
Then he got an idea. He knew it would hurt a little, but in the end it would hurt Hawkmon a lot more.
 
He waited till Hawkmon was about to attack and he put his plan to action. The entire crowd gasp as Hawkmon made a direct hit against Agumon with his talons and knocked him a few feet. They gasped even more when Agumon was motionless on his back with his eyes closed.
 
Tai couldn't believe it, No way,Hawkmon beat Agumon with one hit!?
 
Hawkmon couldn't believe it, No way, I beat Agumon with one hit!?
 
The man with the burned pants couldn't believe it, No way, these pants are no return ones!?
 
Hawkmon landed next to the not moving Agumon try to hear him breathing, but he wasn't. He then lifted Agumon's arm only to have it flop back down useless.
 
Everyone was wide eyed.
 
“….Is…..Agumon….” Said Matt in total surprise.
 
“Don't worry Matt, he's alright.” Said Gabumon in a calm voice.
 
“What do you mean he's alright! Look at him….he's….he's….” Said Matt.
 
“Just be patient.” Said Gabumon.
 
Hawkmon meanwhile was pale as he turned around and whispered, “Oh my god. I killed Agumon.”
 
Then their was a gasp.
 
Hawkmon turned around only to hear “Pepper Breath” and saw a fireball head his way and knock him back. Agumon then got on top of him and head butt him with his large nose. Hawkmon fell unconscious.
 
“Winner Agumon!”
 
Agumon helped carry Hawkmon to the infirmary while Tai then remembered something back in their camping trip.
 
Flashback
 
A few months ago the entire Kamiya family went on a camping trip to the woods. Of course they were covered in bug bites, had poison Ivy everywhere on their legs, smelled like shit, and worse of all they had to eat SPAM!!!!!!!!
 
NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Okay, back to the story.
 
Well, Agumon was coming back from the woods after some “Business” he had to take care of and was walking back to camp when he saw a strange animal he never saw in the real world. We the humans would know it as a opossum. Agumon went to look at the fella a little closer, but when it saw Agumon it gave a cry and fell on it's back looking dead.
 
Agumon was horrified and went to go seek Tai.
 
He saw him alone at camp while the rest of the family was hiking.
 
“Tai! TAI! BAD NEWS!” Cried Agumon.
 
Tai jumped to his feet and said in a scared voice, “Were not eating SPAM again are we!”
 
“No, not that bad! I killed a creature!” Said Agumon with small tears in his eyes.
 
“Wait you what?” Asked Tai confused.
 
“Come on!” cried Agumon running to the dead animal as Tai followed him. As soon as the former goggle leader saw it he knew it was a opossum and knew it was playing dead.
 
“See what I have done!” Cried Agumon.
 
Tai sighed, “He's not dead Agumon. He's playing dead.”
 
“Tai this is not the time to play with a dead person.” Said Agumon angry at his partner.
 
Tai sweat dropped, “O.k. wrong thing to say. What I mean it's called a opossum. When it feels like it's threatened it plays dead or fakes it's dead by making it look like it just died. Come on I'll show you.”
 
He dragged Agumon into some bushes and when a few minutes passed the opossum got up and ran away thinking it was safe.
 
Agumon was amazed, “Wow, that's sneaky.”
 
“Yeah, I heard it uses that tactic to not get eaten since most animals don't eat dead things.” Said Tai.
 
“I didn't think you would know such a thing Tai.” Said Agumon.
 
“What come on I know a lot of important stuff!” Said Tai.
 
Agumon rolled his eyes, then got an idea, “Hey if that opossum can play dead to fool it's enemies do you think I can use it too!”
 
Tai didn't know how to answer that one, “I…guess…”
 
“Great! Let me try!” Said Agumon coughing as he cleared his voice.
 
Agumon took a deep breath and shouted, “UH! I'M DYING! IT'S THE END OF ME! IS SEE THE LIGHT!” Cried Agumon grapping his chest like he had a heart attack and pretended he was in pain, “ANGELS TAKE MY SOUL AWAY! IT'S ALL OVER! FAREWELL! GOOD BYE CRUEL WORLD!”
 
Agumon then fell to the ground on his back with his hand still over is chest, with his legs straight up, eyes closed, and his tongue sticking out. He tried to stay motionless.
 
Tai sweat dropped again, Not the best one I've seen, but one of the most entertaining ones.
 
“O.k. Agumon. You proved your point.” Said Tai.
 
Agumon didn't get up.
 
“Come on Agumon that's enough.” Said Tai.
 
He still continued to play dead.
 
“I'm going to leave without you.” Said Tai.
 
He still didn't move.
 
Tai sighed, “Fine see you at camp.”
 
Tai walked away while Agumon was still “dead”.
 
 
(Fifteen minutes later)
 
“TAI WAIT FOR ME!!!!”
 
End of Flashback
 
Well at least this time he didn't to it dramatically. Still looks like playing dead did help Agumon. Thought Tai.
 
Meanwhile, Matt asked Gabumon, “How did you know he was all right.”
 
Gabumon gave Matt a look and said, “I'm a Canine Digimon with Canine evolution forms. How do you think I don't know how to play dead?”
 
Matt thought about that, it did make sense.
 
“Sorry guess I forgot about that.”
 
An the tournament continued.
 
End of Chapter
 
Don't worry a new chapter will come as soon as I can type. I plan to make this tournament last a while.
 
The Hawkmon vs. Biyomon battle was suggested by Aarik rage.
 
The Agumon vs. Hawkmon battle was suggested by Kitsuru.
 
Read and Review
 
Later