Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Miracles of Love ❯ Love is a miracle ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Miracles of Love
By matn90
Disclaimer: I don't own anything I don't own.
I see you loved the last chapter well I made another because this story is so easy to write. I should have done this one first then my other ones.
 
Reviews from FF.net and Mediaminer: 8 (Getting Good.)
 
Anyway, is Veemon dead? Is that the end of our Blue Dragon hero? Is Gatomon's love lost forever? I'm not telling you no matter how much you pay! Read on!
 
Speech in normal tone.
 
Speech in thought.
 
Chapter 4: Love is a miracle.
 
The entire Digidestined was shocked. The silence was deafening. All was quiet till Davis then said, “Your lying……YOUR LYING HE'S NOT DEAD!!!!”
 
Doctor Leo sighed, “I'm afraid we lost him only a few minutes ago. We tried everything, but we just couldn't save him.”
 
At once did every cry.
 
Tai and Agumon couldn't believe it. Veemon was the successor of Agumon as leader of the Digimon. Now he was gone. Matt held on to Sora and Gabumon did the same with Biyomon. They cried into their boyfriend's chest wishing this wasn't happening. Gabumon felt he would never wear his coat ever again.
 
Izzy and Tentomon cried a few tears and shook their heads. They thought Veemon had a great chance of recovery. Mimi held on to Palmon as they cried for the loss of a friend. Joe and Gomamon felt sad too, they wished they could have done something, but they both felt helpless. T.K. was crying too as Patamon was on his shoulders crying with him. He never would have thought Veemon would just go. He tried to say something to keep them on the bright side, but nothing came to him.
 
Cody cried as Armadillomon was more shocked then sad. He thought Veemon, the happy go lucky Digimon, was the least out of all them to die first. Yolie cried on Ken's shoulder and Ken cried with her. Wormmon took it hard too; Veemon was like a best friend to him next to Ken. Hawkmon was like Armadillomon, shocked then sad.
 
Kari cried like the others, but she then looked at Davis who was crying the hardest. She felt so sad for him. He lost not only his partner, but his best friend. He and Veemon were so close she would almost think of them as brothers. Davis….well I guess their's no need to say how he felt.
 
Gatomon was the only one not crying….on the outside. In the inside she was making tears the size of a soccer ball and they didn't stop. Her heart was just broken into many pieces. She lost another loved one. She lost her Veemon…..her Veemon….her secret mate….her true love…..her Veemon…..
 
She felt like her world came to an end. She felt that their was nothing in the world that could make her happy again.
 
“Wait!” Cried Yolie, “He can be reborn! The Primary Village!”
 
Everyone started to look at her. Gatomon froze. They all forgot the Primary Village! Veemon could come back!
 
“I'm afraid he will not be reborn in the village.” Said Doctor Leo.
 
“Wh….Why?” Asked Davis and everyone.
 
“Because Veemon's body is still here. His three chances are already up.” Said Doctor Leo.
 
The others were confused.
 
Doctor Leo sighed, “I guess I should explain. A Digimon has both a body and a Digital Soul, or main Data part right? When a Digimon dies then both the body and the Digital soul are turned into data particles and go back to the Primary Village to be reborn. Sometimes in the same Digimon he or she was before his or her death, sometimes not. They might remember their life before their death or they might not. But that's what happens when a Digimon dies.”
 
“Fascinating.” Said Izzy finding it interesting.
 
“So what does this have to do with Veemon?” asked Tentomon.
 
“There is…a limit as to how many times a Digimon can be reborn….” Said Doctor Leo.
 
Everyone froze.
 
“How many….” Asked Matt.
 
“Three times can a Digimon be reborn. In his fourth life after he or she dies the body of the Digimon remains in the Digital World, but the Digital Soul is sent to a spiritual area of the Digital World called Rengoku. Their a Digimon's soul is judge and is sent to a place in the Digital world called Inferno or some people call it Digi Hell. The other place is Paradiso Or Digi Heaven. Where the Digital Soul of the Digimon stays for eternity. Veemon's body is still here, but his Digital Soul has gone to Rengoku. Meaning he's gone for good.”
 
The hope was shot down.
 
This time Gatomon cried both on the outside and inside. Veemon was gone and wasn't coming back
 
The morning continued, but it was harder this time.
 
“I DON'T BELIVE YOU!!!!!” Cried Davis in tears as he ran away.
 
“Davis!” Cried Kari as she ran after him.
 
Their was more silence this time.
 
“Can I see him?” Asked Gatomon wanting to see her love's face again.
 
Doctor Leo nodded and took her to where Veemon was.
 
Davis ran and ran till he finally tripped and fell on the floor. He got up, but then he started to cry again.
 
Veemon was gone. Dead. As in he's never coming back for good!
 
He never deservedit! He protected us and saved the world for God's sake! How can he be taken away from me! From us! What did he do wrong!
 
Davis…”
 
Davis looked behind him to see Kari right their.
 
“I'm sorry….I knows how you feel…”
 
“No you don't….you never lost your best friend and partner. You still have Gatomon….I'm alone.” Said Davis.
 
“No you're not Davis! You still have me and the others! We may not know how you are feeling, but Veemon was part of our family too! He died saving us from that other Veemon!” Said Kari.
 
“I should have helped him though…..I could have done something….” Said Davis.
 
“Davis….Veemon wouldn't want you to blame your self. He would want you to move on and remember him and the good times you had together. I know he would.” Said Kari.
 
Davis sighed, “Your right….I guess he is happy in a way….I mean know he's in Digi heaven….no way they wouldn't allow him in….”
 
“Davis I'm here for you and so is everyone else. Were going to get by this….together.” Said Kari.
 
Davis cried as he hugged her which surprised Kari a little, but she hugged him back.
 
“Kari…..thank you.” Whispered Davis as he held on to her.
 
They eventually broke apart and went back to the others.
 
Gatomon and Doctor Leo arrived in the operating room. Gatomon saw the three Piximon Nurses inside and then left when Doctor Leo asked them too.
 
“Take your time.” Said Doctor Leo who left the room.
 
Gatomon was scared. Her love was here, but he wasn't alive.
 
She went to the operating table and saw a white sheet covering a body. The outline was one that was too similar to her.
 
She slowly lifted the front of the sheet that was covering the head and moved it so she can see a good look of the one she loved.
 
Veemon.
 
He looks so peaceful. Thought Gatomon as she stared at his face. It was motion less. The eyes were closed, never to open again. She started to water in her eyes.
 
“Veemon….I know you can't here me….but I just want to say….thanks for saving me….I wish you were just her right now….I miss you so much…..” Said Gatomon as she got closer to his face and said, “I love you.”
 
She then kissed him on his cold lips and as she did a tear drop fell from her eyes onto the eyes of her lover.
 
…….
 
Beep!....Beep!.....Beep!.....Beep!
 
What's that?
 
Gatomon looked up to see a heart rate monitor beeping…..BEEPING!!!
 
She gasped as she went to Veemon's chest and listened with her ears.
 
THUMP........THUMP……THUMP…..THUMP….
 
Oh…my….god….
 
“…mm….”
 
Gatomon looked at Veemon's face….
 
“….ga…to…mon….” Said the now barley alive Veemon.
 
“Oh…..my god! HE'S ALIVE!!! HE'S ALIVE!!!!!” Cried Gatomon.
 
At once did Doctor Leo and the nurses come back and were startled by what they saw.
 
“Nurse get the tools at once! We haven't lost him!” Cried Doctor Leo, “Gatomon! Get back to the waiting room! We'll save him this time!”
 
Gatomon nodded and ran back to the others.
 
Please God in heaven….don`tlet me lose him again.
 
Davis and Kari just got back when Gatomon had told them the news. Everyone was now praying for Veemon's recovery.
 
An hour later Doctor Leo came with a smile on his face.
 
“The operation was a success. He'll live. This is quite a miracle.” Said Doctor Leo.
 
Everyone breathed.
 
Davis was so happy he was crying. Gatomon too.
 
“Can we see him?” Asked Hawkmon.
 
“Later, let him have some rest first. He'll be here for a while.” Said Doctor Leo.
 
Gatomon felt like praying to God every minute of her life. It had been at least 3 hours since Veemon was back from his operation. The others all agreed to stay for the night and be with him till he would fully recover.
 
When Veemon woke up he was met with an army of tears, hugs, and kisses for waking up. He was shocked to think that he had died for a short while and came back to life. Much to his disappointment he would have to be in the hospital for a week till he could go home. But their was one thing that made him happy, they gave out free Ice cream. And Veemon was a sucker for it.
 
Davis said he would stay with him till he left the hospital. The others offered too, but Veemon got them to stay for only a few days. Gatomon was really egger to talk to Veemon, but she wanted to do it alone with him only.
 
Then on the third day in the hospital…..
 
“Gatomon…Veemon would like to see you alone.” Said Davis as he came out of the room Veemon was in.
 
“Why?” Asked Gatomon sitting in a chair nearby.
 
“I don't know he just said he wanted to talk to you in private.” Said Davis shrugging his shoulders.
 
Gatomon felt a little nervous, but she went in anyway. Their in his bed was Veemon, with a lot of bandage wraps on him as he looked at the love of his life.
 
“Hey.” He said.
 
“Hi.” She replied.
 
Silence.
 
“You…wanted to see me?” Said Gatomon.
 
“Yeah, I did.” Said Veemon.
 
Silence.
 
“Why did you do it?” Asked Gatomon.
 
“Do what?” Asked Veemon.
 
“Save me. From being killed, you could have been killed. Well you were, but you came back.” Said Gatomon.
 
Veemon sighed, “Gatomon….remember when I said I didn't remember being dead for a short time?”
 
She nodded.
 
“I lied.” Said Veemon, “I saw the afterlife….I saw Paradiso.”
 
More Silence…..geez their more of this silence then on All My Children.
 
“You say heaven? What was it like?” Asked Gatomon in amazement.
 
Veemon smirked, “Sorry, can't tell you, they made me swear not too tell anyone about it except it really is paradise.”
 
“Oh...shucks.” Said Gatomon.
 
“But anyway, I arrived their and what felt like 10 minutes felt like a lifetime almost and I felt like I didn't want to leave….but then I heard something…..” Said Veemon.
 
“What did you hear?” Asked Gatomon.
 
Veemon looked at her and said, “Your voice.”
 
Silence.
 
“I heard what you said….At that moment I felt you were right their, but I couldn't see you…..it was then that wanted to go back to you….Then he came….” Said Veemon.
 
“Who's he?” Asked Gatomon.
 
“I forget his name….but he looked human and was….well divine would be the word for it I guess…..he said it wasn't my time and some one I cared for was waiting for me….I felt like I could trust this guy with my life and I listened to him….and he said that the three greatest gifts were forgiveness, life….and love….” Said Veemon, “Then the next minute I woke up seeing you.”
 
“So what are you saying?” Asked Gatomon blushing.
 
“The reason I took the hit for you is the same reason I came back….I love you Gatomon…and I always will…in life, death, or another life.” Said Veemon.
 
Gatomon started to water, “And….I love you too.”
 
Veemon held his breath, “You do.”
 
“Yes.” Gatomon said as she came closer to him. They got closer and closer till finally they kissed. With passion and love they let their lips touch each other and then allowed each others tongues to explore every part of their mouth as they wanted more and more.
 
Finally, after 10 minutes of “Tongue Town USA” they separated and smiled at each other.
 
Veemon never felt happier….he had finally got the love of his life and heart.
 
Gatomon never felt happier…..she found someone who loved her with heart.
 
“I guess this would be the perfect time to ask you out on a date the night after I'm out of here?” Asked Veemon.
 
“I would love too, love.” She said as she kissed him again.
 
“Should we tell the others?” Asked Veemon.
 
“Let's keep it a secret for a little longer.” Said Gatomon.
 
“What ever you say my angel.” Said Veemon kissing her again.
 
Veemon saw Gatomon exited the room with a smile on her face.
 
“First I have to figure out what to do on a date.” Said Veemon to himself embarrassed.
 
End of Chapter
 
Did you really think I was going to kill Veemon? If so this would have been more tragic. Anyway, the story is not over yet and I still have more chapters to do. In the next one we see the two Digimon go on their first date and months later maybe something more?
 
If anyone is confused by the way:
 
Rengoku is the Japanese name for Purgatory.
 
Inferno is the name of the first book of The Divine ComedyWritten by the famous Italian poet Dante Alighieri. In Inferno he travels through Hell.
 
Paradiso is the name of the third Book of The Divine Comedy also written by the famous Italian poet Dante Alighieri. In this one he travels through Heaven.
 
And as for the Divine Figure Veemon saw in Heaven….well I think all the Christians will know it.
 
Read and Review.
 
Later!