Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Miracles of Love ❯ The Big Day ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Miracles of Love
 
A fanfic done by matn90
 
Disclaimer: I don't own anything that is not mine!
 
We got 2 chapters left of this fic, counting this one. Anyway, Gatomon and Veemon finally confess their relationship to Davis and Kari, unfortunately everyone else now knows about it. How will they react?
 
Reviews: 18 (I stand now as the most reviews a Veegato Romance user has ever gotten, I think)
 
Anyway, I really don't have much to say on this one. And Eezee Man from Mediaminer, one take a chill pill and second the Daikari isn't happening till the next fic. A little fluff will be shown in this fic, but nothing big yet.
 
Read on!
 
Speech in normal tone
 
Speech in thought.
 
Chapter 6: The Big Day
 
“YOU TWO ARE ENGAGED!!!!!!!
 
Everything in the entire room stopped, period.
 
Everyone heard what both Davis and Kari said and were stupefied.
 
Tai had his mouth open very wide, wide enough he swallowed a fly and began to choke. Agumon quickly went to get a glass of water for his partner.
 
Matt and his band stopped playing and had their eyes widened.
 
Sora, Gabumon, Biyomon, and all the fan girls were silent with their mouths open.
 
Izzy and Genni were so stunned their minds were absolutely blank. Tentomon's eyes bugged out.
 
Mimi and Palmon put the hands over their mouths surprised.
 
Joe fainted, pure and simple. Gomamon was so shocked he let all the food in his hands and mouth drop to the floor.
 
 
T.K. mouthed “Holy” and stared into space. Patamon and his girlfriend froze while dancing and looked shocked.
 
Everyone on the dance floor froze in their dance move and had their mouths open wide.
 
Ken who held on to Yolie in the air, accidentally dropped her, but neither noticed because they were too shocked.
 
Wormmon and Hawkmon were trying to figure all this out.
 
Cody was shocked and was tying to see how this was possible, same with Armadillomon.
 
Veemon and Gatomon felt so nervous about everyone so shocked that they both wanted to leave.
 
“Actually….were kind of more then that….were also mates…” Said Veemon saying it out of nervousness.
 
This time everyone looked at them with wide eyes and open mouths.
 
Gatomon hit Veemon on the head.
 
“Did you have to tell them that?” Asked Gatomon.
 
“Well, since were telling everything I got so nervous that I felt it had to come out.” Said Veemon.
 
Their was stunned silence everywhere till finally one guy asked, “Was she good?”
 
Immediately after he was slapped by several women.
 
“Wow…” Said Matt.
 
“O.K…..hold up….Veemon the one who you were dating was Gatomon?” Asked Davis.
 
“Yeah, sorry we didn't tell you, we just didn't know how to say it.” Said Veemon.
 
“How long has this been going on?” Asked Kari.
 
“Ever since I got back from the hospital 10 months ago.” Said Veemon.
 
“When did you…pop the question Veemon?” Asked Davis.
 
“Just last week.” Said Gatomon holding her faïence's hand.
 
“Prodigious! I didn't know Digimon could get married.” Said Izzy surprised.
 
“Of course. Digimon are living creatures Izzy.” Said Gennai, “Digimon can love, marry, and have children even.”
 
“Fascinating.” Said Izzy.
 
“When did you two have sex?” Asked Gomamon.
 
“GOMAMON!” Cried everyone, but Veemon and Gatomon.
 
“WHAT!” Cried Gomamon.
 
“That's not a question you should ask!” Said Joe.
 
“Oh.”
 
“Excuse me, but what is sex?” Asked Cody being the youngest.
 
Every looked nervously.
 
“I'll tell you later Cody.” Said Ken.
 
“So let me get this straight. Veemon you're going to marry Gatomon right?” Asked Davis in a serious tone.
 
“Yeah…” Said Veemon.
 
Davis was silent for a while till he started laughing.
 
Everyone else was a bit confused.
 
“Finally! I knew you had something for her man! I'm just glad you finally got your love! Congratulations you two!” Said Davis happily.
 
“You mean you're not mad?” Asked Veemon.
 
“Mad? Why? Sure I would have liked to know about this sooner, but this is a happy occasion! You two are getting married! I'm with both of you all the way!” Said Davis giving a thumbs up.
 
Veemon smiled, “Thanks Davis.”
 
“Kari what do you think?” Asked Gatomon.
 
Kari was deep in thought, “Gatomon do you truly love Veemon?”
 
“With heart and soul.” Said Gatomon seriously.
 
“And Veemon do you love Gatomon?”
 
“I'd die protecting her Kari. I did it once and I would do it again.” Said Veemon also serious.
 
Kari smiled, “Then I guess I have to also congratulate you two.”
 
Suddenly everyone in the room was clapping and cheering.
 
Veemon and Gatomon sighed in relief. They then looked at each other and smiled.
 
As they were clapping Palmon asked her girlfriend, “Think we'll ever get married?”
 
“Maybe one day.” Said Floramon smiling.
 
Davis then went and got a drink and said, “A toast to Veemon and Gatomon.”
 
“HERE HERE!” Said everyone.
 
“Well, then lets get this party started again!” Said Matt as he and his band started to play I'm a Believer by Smash Mouth.
 
“Want to dance?” Asked Veemon to his future wife.
 
“I'd love too.” Said Gatomon taking her future husband by the hand and going to the dance floor.
 
Kari and Davis smiled as they saw their partners go on.
 
“Guess this means were going to be family huh?” Said Davis.
 
Kari nodded, “Want to dance?”
 
“Sure!” Said Davis happily as they joined their partners.
 
Little did everyone know a cloaked figure heard the entire conversation up on the roof.
***
 
Veemon and Gatomon both decided to have the Wedding in three months. Already Digidestineds were sending gifts. After all they were the first Chosen Digimon couple getting married.
 
Gennai said he would pay for all the expenses. Mimi and the other girls all helped Gatomon get ready with the usual stuff like finding a dress, picking a cake, what the decorations would be etc etc. Veemon went with the guys to pick a suit, a place for the honeymoon, and other things.
 
Gatomon and Veemon both decided to marry in the real world and have their Wedding reception in the real world, but their Honeymoon would be in the Digital World.
 
They said they would get married in a Catholic Church, for reasons in chapter 4 if you can find the hint, so everyone had to learn what to do in the Catholic tradition (remember their in Japan so it's fair to say their mostly Shinto or Buddhist).
 
As for where they would live both the Kamiya's and Motomiya's agreed to let the couple switch between houses every month.
 
Veemon asked Davis to be the Best man and Patamon, Wormmon, Ken, and Flamer (From the band he plays for) to be the groomsmen.
 
Gatomon asked Kari to be the Maid of Honor while Sora, Biyomon, Sally (Patamon's girlfriend) and Palmon to be the bridesmaids.
 
After weeks and weeks of planning everything was ready and the big day arrived.
***
 
Veemon looked in the mirror of the Motomiya household. He had a tux on and was nervous. Today was the day he would get married to Gatomon.
 
“Nervous?” Asked Davis who came in with his tux.
 
Veemon nodded.
 
“You'll be fine. I'm sure Gatomon's feeling nervous about this as well.” Said Davis.
 
“Do you think I'm good enough to be her husband?” Asked Veemon.
 
Davis smiled at his partner, “I think she made the best choice in the world.”
 
“Thanks. I guess we better get going huh?” Said Veemon.
 
“Yep, now it's time to tie the knot.” Said Davis.
 
 
(At the Church)
 
Veemon stood near the alter as did Davis (Best man) and Patamon, Wormmon, Ken, and Flamer (Groomsmen).
 
The entire church was filled with Digimon and Digidestined. This also got so publicity since it was the first ever Chosen Digimon marriage.
 
Veemon tapped his foot out of nervousness till finally it was time for the Organ to play “Here comes the bride.”
 
Unfortunately, it started to play “Take me out to the ball game”
 
Everyone looked at the organ player, who was none other then Cleon. After realizing he was being watched he quickly said, “He'd say he would pay me five bucks if I did this!” Pointing at Flamer who was laughing.
 
Veemon gave Flamer a look, but laughed with him.
 
After a few moments of laughter Cleon then played “Here comes the Bride.”
 
Soon Gatomon came in wedding dress, holding the Wedding flowers, while being accompanied by Agumon on his arm (It's really suppose to be the father, but it's really the Bride's choice) while Kari (Maid of Honor) and Sora, Biyomon, Sally and Palmon (Bridesmaids) accompanied her.
 
Veemon and Gatomon smiled at each other as they were all together on the alter.
 
The Priest then came in his robe ready to begin Holy Matrimony. Although he felt strange doing this to a non human couple, he felt that God gave him this purpose to do so.
 
“Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to form the Holy bond of Matrimony between these to lovers, Gatomon and Veemon.” Said the Priest.
 
Let' just skip to the good part, because most weddings are BORING!
***
 
“My dear friends/Dearly beloved, you have come together in this church so that the Lord may seal and strengthen your love in the presence of the Church's minister and this community. Christ abundantly blesses this love. He has already consecrated you in this baptism and now he enriches and strengthens you by a special sacrament so that you may assume the duties of marriage in mutual and lasting fidelity. And so, in the presence of the Church, I ask you to state your intentions." Said the Priest, “Have you come here freely and without reservation to give yourself to each other in marriage?"
 
“Yes.” They both said.
 
"Will you love and honor each other as man and wife for the rest of your lives?"
 
“Yes.”
 
“Will you accept children lovingly from God and bring them up according to the law of Christ and his Church?"
 
Both of them blushed at this, “Yes.”
 
"Since it is your intention to enter into this marriage, join your right hands, and declare your consent before God and his Church." Said the Priest.
 
Gatomon and Veemon held hands and faced each other as they declared their vows of love to one another.
 
“I, Veemon, take you, Gatomon, to be my wife. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life."
 
“I, Gatomon, take you, Veemon, to be my husband. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life."
 
The Priest then finally asked the I do's.
 
“Gatomon, do you take Veemon to be your husband?”
 
“I do.”
 
“Veemon, do you take Gatomon to be your wife?”
 
“I do.”
 
Everyone smiled, some even cried of happiness.
 
After putting on the wedding rings, finger for Veemon and tail for Gatomon, the priest then said, “By the power invested in me through the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, I know pronounce you Husband and Wife. You may kiss the Bride.”
 
Veemon lifted the white hair net thing (Don't know what's it called but I think you know what it is) and kissed his wife and she did so by wrapping her arms around his neck.
 
The entire church was filled with claps and cheers. Davis and Kari smiled at each other feeling happiness for their partners. Veemon's band were happy so they kept screaming “Hell yeah!”
 
Finally they broke the kiss and went down the aisle hand in hand.
 
Everyone outside was cheering for them as rice and flowers were falling from being lifted up into the air. Everyone clapped as the new couple went down the stairs and went to the car. Gatomon however then threw the flowers over her head and every women scrambled to get it.
 
Biyomon managed to get it first by flying into the air and grabbing it. She then flew over to Gabumon who blushed madly.
 
Veemon and Gatomon went into the car and took of to the reception party.
 
“Were married.” Said Veemon.
 
“Yep.” Said Gatomon.
 
They both smiled at each other till they grinned and began to kiss.
 
End of Chapter
 
Okay, one more chapter left to go! Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. And I don't want anyone saying the wedding should have been done in a Shinto or Buddhist way, because I DON'T KNOW HOW THEY DO IT! I only knew the Catholic way because I am one.
 
Read and Review.
 
Later.