Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Mixed Feelings ❯ Wondering ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Mixed Feelings 3

Wondering

I do not own Digimon and this may not be how season 2 ended or not, it's still a mystery. Maybe it'll be inaccurate but it's still just a fanfic.

Mimi was doing another modeling shoot for modeling school. For her first semester, she's been having a blast at her modeling school. Michael came to visit her a lot and cheer her on. Mimi was one of the best modeling students and many were jealous of her. Mimi had a gorgeous, perfect modeling body. She had the right height, standing at 5'9", weighing only at 110 and with her curvy figure and not to mention her love of fashion, made her a great model. She loved every minute of it, the posing, the makeup and even the classes.

"This way, Mimi, that's my girl." The photographer said, taking a shot. "Oh, that's excellent. Okay, work with me now!"

After a few shots, Mimi walked off the set.

"Great work, Mimi!" her roommate cried, also a student at the modeling school. She had chin length blond hair and baby blue eyes.

"Oh hey, Alexis," Mimi smiled. "Thanks."

"The camera really loves you," Alexis said.

"It loves you too, Alexis," Mimi said. "You're great."

"Oh please," Alexis sighed, "I'm not nearly as good as you. I've still got to work on my posing."

"Hey, it's just the first semester," Mimi said to her roommate. "Give it time. You've got potential."

"I do?" she said meekly.

"Yeah."

"Really?"

"You bet."

Alexis smiled. "Thanks."

Mimi put her arm around her, "come on, I'm dying of thirst!"

"Okay," Alexis said, "let's get a drink!" the girls laughed and went downstairs for a break. "So, what are you and Michael have planned or tonight?" Alexis asked, sipping on her cola.

"Huh?" Mimi asked, nearly choking on her lemonade.

"You have something planned almost every night. Come on, I know you like the guy."

Mimi blushed, "we're great friends. That's all."

"Very good friends. How long have you been dating?"

"We're not dating…not really. Okay, yes." She giggled. "Since high school. But it's not like we're engaged or anything."

"Not yet, anyway."

"Don't be silly. We're too busy to think about that now. Besides, I'm taking a semester break to go back to Japan."

"The whole semester?" Alexis questioned. "But you'll miss a lot."

"I haven't seen my friends in years," Mimi said.

"Why don't you just go down for Christmas break? It's two weeks."

"You're right," Mimi said. "I think that's enough to see my friends. If I go there next semester they'd probably be too busy with college. Especially Izzy, he's always studying something."

"Who?"

"Izzy. He's my brainiac friend back in Japan."

"Is he cute?" Alexis asked.

Mimi blushed, "cute? Oh, I don't know. I never really noticed."

"You haven't noticed?" Alexis questioned, close to laughter. "Come on, if he was cute, I'm sure you would've."

"Okay, maybe a little. But he's always…working on something with his computer. He never noticed me."

"Well, he probably will now once you become a model." Alexis said, "everyone will. Michael will get jealous."

"Hi ladies," Michael came up.

"Speak of the devil," Alexis laughed. "Hi Michael. I guess I'll leave you two alone. Later, Mimi."

"Yeah, see ya, Alexis," Mimi said.

"Bye," Michael said and took the seat Alexis had been using when she left after kissing Mimi. "I just came by to visit before I go back to work."

"Oh, that's so sweet of you, Michael." Mimi smiled. "So how's work going?"

"Busy as always."

"Poor baby," Mimi said with puckered lips. "You must be exhausted."

Michael nodded and continued to talk until she went back to class.

****

Back in Japan, Yolei was in the Kyoto University library working on a report. When she started attending, she was quite shocked to see Ken going there also. It was strange being close to the boy who stolen her heart back when she first became a digidestined. They talked every now and then and helped each other on a few projects. Yolei tried hard not to think about them and reminded herself about her relationship with Izzy. Ken was majoring in criminal justice, planning to become a detective. Here he was learning the basics at the university and then he'd enroll into the detective academy. It was something he never in a million years would do but after his unfortunate fate of becoming the digimon emperor and those kids were kidnapped, it made him want to become a PI.

'I feel like my head's going to explode,' Yolei thought as she wrote the last of her notes. Sighing she got up to put her references away and a book fell from her arms.

"I got it." Said a kind voice and the person picked up her book. "Here you go, Yolei."

"Ken, hey," Yolei said and took her book. "Thanks. How ya been?"

"Good. You?"

"Just fine thanks."

There was an uncomfortable silence as they thought of what to say. Ken was aware that she used to like him and now that she had a relationship with Izzy, he wasn't sure how to act around her. He'd like to take her out on a date, because he thought she was a good person and wanted to get to know her better. He believed that he should give her a chance.

"Well, I'll see ya later, Ken." Yolei said and brushed passed him.

"Yeah, bye," Ken whispered and watched her leave. He just couldn't help wondering. What would it be like if he and Yolei had a relationship? Ken was alone and wasn't dating anyone. Sure, he went out on dates every now and then. Girls liked him and he was kind enough to go out with them. He greeted every person with his warm kind smile, even though he didn't know him or her. Ken didn't want to become the cruel, unkind person he used to be. It was his worst fear.

****

For young Cody, he wanted to help people. His father was a policeman, making it his duty to keep people safe. Cody wanted to follow in his footsteps and really make a difference. But he was afraid that police work was not for him. He lost his father that way and it devastated his mother and grandfather. He couldn't bear to leave his mother too soon. She'd be alone and his grandfather was growing older and wouldn't be around much longer.

When he became a senior, he decided that he'd become a lawyer. He was smart enough to be one and knew if he'd become one, no innocent people will be put behind bars and he'll make darn sure that the real culprits will. Many of his friends even suggested on it. Cody was still a shy young man and didn't talk to girls much. He didn't have a crush on anyone and no one had crushes on him. At least, that's what he thought. No one seemed to act like they did. Cody was cute and some girls did say hello to him sometimes, but he was in school to learn and not to associate.

However, he pondered every now and then about one particular girl. Her name was Noriko. She was one of the children with the dark spores and he followed her around with first TK and later Ken. The poor girl was the first to have the dark spore grow and it resulted as a strange flower growing from the top of her head. Cody was a young kid back then and he felt helpless. He wanted to do something to help her. Now he was older and he doubted if Noriko even remembered him. He hardly even saw her.

The one day out of the blue, he saw her. She was jogging in the park as he was meditating.

'It's her,' he thought. Cody stood up, "Hello, Noriko."

"Huh?" Noriko stopped and turned to the voice. "Oh, hello, Cody, right?"

Cody smiled, though he felt quite bad. How could she barely remember him, when he tried to help her? "Yes, hi. Nice day, isn't it?"

"It is," Noriko nodded.

Cody cleared his throat, "say, if you're not busy…would you like to have dinner with me or something?"

Noriko smiled. "Really?"

Cody nodded.

"Dinner, where?"

He shrugged, "wherever you would like. Or if you're not much of a dinner person…"

"Dinner sounds fine," she said. "I know of a great place. We can meet here later tonight."

"Okay."

Noriko smiled and jogged away. Cody couldn't believe how easy that was. Now he'd have to start asking his grandfather about advice on girls.

*****

TK and Kari were two digidestined who were becoming close. They spent whatever time they had together. When their brothers left for college, they had more time to spend with each other. TK wanted to become a writer and Kari wanted to be a teacher. They'd sometimes helped each other study and TK recited every poem and essay he wrote for his classes to Kari. Kari couldn't see anything wrong with any of them.

Now they were sitting in a coffee house and TK was reading off an essay for a creative writing class he was taking.

"So, what did you think of the essay, Kari?" TK asked.

"It was great," Kari said. "You're a natural, TK." She smiled, "maybe you can help me teach students how to write!"

TK smiled. "Wha kinda teacher are you going to be? Are you going to give your students a lot of homework?"

"No."

"I wish I could be in your class," he joked.

Kari giggled. "Oh, TK." She sighed, "so, when you become rich and famous, you'll remember me, won't you?"

"Of course I will."

"You'd better."

They looked into each other's eyes and held hands, just as Davis happened to be walking by with DeviVeemon on his head. He groaned.

"I can't believe TB gets Kari," he grumbled. "I like her more…"

He did not only get Kari, but he didn't have any chance with other girls. He tried but many were either taken or weren't interested. It made him sick to see TK with Kari. Everyone seemed to be getting closer, even his sister Jun and with his idol Tai no less. It was difficult to even talk to Tai now. How could his sister start liking Matt, later Jim and now Tai? It just didn't make sense. His heart always has and will always belong to Kari Kamiya, even if she spent all her time with TK. If he was going to meet a girl, she had to be just like Kari. She had to be sweet, funny and caring. Full of light and someone that looked like Kari would be nice. Like if they could clone her.

"Nah, that's weird," Davis mumbled, "Kari's clone…yah right."

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a girl that looked like Kari walk by. He gasped and looked for her but she was gone. Kari was still in the coffee house with TK.

"I'm seeing things," Davis said to himself and he sighed.

"Seeing what, Davith?" DemiVeemon asked.

"Oh, I thought I saw Kari walk by but she was really with TG."

"You mean TK."

"Whatever."

"Dath funny, because I thought I thaw her too."

'Great, now even DemiVeemon's seeing things,' Davis thought. 'I'm a bad influence on my own digimon.'

TBC