Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ New Addiction ❯ Not What it Seems ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

New Addiction 6

Not what it Seems

Disclaimer: I do not own Tamers

After Ai told Suzie she would quit, she decided to do it. She knew Suzie too well that she'd tell someone her secret. She'll just stop. She wouldn't take them anymore, no matter how bad she wanted them. After a day of not being under the influence of any substance, her body longed for the drugs.

Ai became nervous and antsy. All she could think about was cocaine. Quitting was harder than she thought. She couldn't believe she was addicted. But then she got a phone call from Perry, asking her to come to a party.

"It'll be a blast, babe," he said.

"Thanks, Perry," she sighed, "but I can't."

"Why not?" he demanded.

"I need to quit." She whispered to the phone. "Suzie knows I've been doing drugs. I told her I'd quit if she won't tell anyone."

"I see," he said, "so you're too good for me now, is that it?"

"Perry, I'm sorry," she said. "I want to go, really."

"Then come."

"I can't…"

"You should come one last time," he insisted, "Come on, babe."

She bit her lip. She so badly wanted to go.

"You'll have so much fun," he coaxed, "you have fun at the parties, don't you?"

"Yes."

"You like being with me, don't you?"

"Oh yes."

"Don't bail on me, baby," he told her. "It won't be the same without you there. Come on, please? This will be the party of all parties. It'll be at my parent's beach house. We can…lie on the beach underneath the stars. What do you say? Doesn't that sound like fun?"

"Yeah, romantic." She took in a deep breath. The more he talked about the party, the less resistant she became. Perry could be so charming, so convincing. Just him mentioning the party made her want to go there now. She was between a rock and a hard place. She wanted drugs and time with Perry.

"What do you say? Don't let me down."

She bit her lip. She knew she had to quit but maybe she should go to one last party first. She could just see her with Perry now. Lying next to each other on the beach, the stars shining over their heads. She sighed.

"It's today?" she asked.

"Yup. It starts in an hour."

"I'll be there."

He chuckled. "That's my girl. Come as quickly as you can."

"Okay." Ai hung up and sighed. Maybe she shouldn't have done that but she wanted to be with Perry so badly. She changed out of her clothes and put on her swimsuit and cutoffs. After pulling her hair up in a ponytail, she grabbed some cash for a bus ride and left the apartment as she put on her sunglasses.

She took the first bus that was going to the beach and sat in the first seat, eager to get off and to the party. She took a window seat and stared out of it as she tapped on the window, impatiently waiting for the bus to get there. She checked her watch every five seconds. Finally, about an hour later, she arrived to the beach.

Ai didn't have to worry which beach house was Perry's, because he was already there waiting for her.

"I knew you'd come," he said with a big grin on his face.

"You know I couldn't stay away," Ai smiled as he pulled her close to him.

"That's right," he said and kissed her, ignoring the gawking faces passing the couple. Ai was a little surprised by the way he greeted her. It's not like they've been apart from each other for years.

He pushed her against him, nearly smothering her. She held her arms around his neck, longing for affection.

Both left breathless, he pulled away and smiled. "Let's go, you don't want to miss this party." He put his arm around her and walked towards the party. There were already a few guests there getting high.

"Hi Ai," a girl moaned, eating a piece of Perry's famous cocaine chocolate cake. It made Ai's mouth watered.

"Mmm," she moaned and sat down next to her. "Any left?"

"Of course. There's a bunch on that table over there." She pointed on the refreshment table as she licked her fingers. "Knock yourself out."

Ai did just that. She devoured at least three cakes. Perry introduced a new drug to the group: LSD. He let Ai try it first.

"Here babe," he said, "this will let all your troubles go away."

"Really?" she asked, high.

"Oh yeah. It'll make everything all right. You'll feel just awesome."

She popped the pill in her mouth and almost instantly, she started to feel the effects of the hallucinogen.

****

Hours passed and Ai's family didn't know where she was. Mako called Suzie but she hadn't seen her.

"I haven't heard from Ai at all today," Suzie said. "Maybe she's at Katou's family restaurant." She bit her lip. This was a perfect time to tell Mako the truth about Ai, but she couldn't bring herself to do it. Ai was going to quit and no one would've known what she's been doing. Ai had to be at Katou's family restaurant.

"Okay, I'll try it." Mako said. "Thanks."

"Keep me posted," Suzie stated.

"Sure." He hung up and looked at his parents. "Suzie hasn't seen her."

"Where could Ai be?" his mother asked.

"Suzie said she might be at Katou's family restaurant. I'll go over there."

"I'll take you, pal," Impmon said.

By the time Mako and Ai took Impmon home, their parents were almost as fond of Impmon as his partners were. Ai and Mako were glad, because keeping him a secret from their parents would be difficult.

"Okay, " Mako's dad said. "We'll call her friends and see if they've seen her."

"Let's go, Impmon," Mako walked outside and Impmon digivolved to Beelzemon. Beelzemon picked him up by the waist and flew toward the restaurant. "Let's just hope that's where she is."

"She's got to be there, Mako," Beelzemon said, flapping his black angelic feathery wings. "They've got good food over there. Where else where she'd go to except for Suzie's house?"

"Yeah," Mako mumbled.

Beelzemon landed in front of the restaurant, almost causing a few crashes.

"What are you staring at?" Beelzemon demanded as Mako walked inside. He didn't see Masahiko or his sister there, but he found Jeri serving coffee to a customer.

"Jeri!" he cried.

"Hi, Mako," she said. "If you're here to see Masahiko, he's in the kitchen washing dishes."

"Uh, actually, I'm looking for my sister," Mako said. "Has she been in today?"

"No," Jeri shook her head and collected her tip from an empty table. "I haven't seen her in a while."

Mako groaned. Jeri sensed something was wrong.

"What's wrong?" Jeri asked. "Is she still upset over what happened between her and Masahiko? I'll bring him out if you want."

"No thanks, Jeri." Mako said. "I've got to go." He walked out of the door and Jeri looked out after him. She saw Beelzemon, who was yelling at people to quit staring and when Beezlemon caught sight of her, he gasped and waved at her, mouthing 'hi Jeri.'

Jeri smiled and waved back at the digimon who saved her life while she was in the D-Reaper.

"Jeri's such a nice person," Beelzemon asked, "hey, didn't you get any shakes?"

"That's not why we came here," Mako muttered, "We came to see if Ai was here."

"You could've at least gotten some shakes," Beelzemon frowned. "I love milkshakes."
"Ai wasn't here, Beelzemon," Mako said. "This was a dead end. Jeri said she hasn't seen Ai here since the day Masahiko broke up with Ai."

"Masahiko--" Beezlemon grunted, starting for the door. "Beelzemon, no! Masahiko's my best friend! It's not his fault Ai's gone."

"Are you sure?" Beelzemon asked. "Ai was pretty sad when he broke her heart."

"If Ai wasn't here," he said, "where would she have gone to?"
Both partner and digimon 'hmmed' and cupped their chins in thought. Finally a thought came to Beelzemon.

"Hey, I know," Beelzemon said, "she probably went to another party. I remember the party I took her to last week. She might be there now."

"Good thinking, Beelzemon," Mako praised.

Beelzemon picked up his partner and they were up in the air again. Jeri watched from a window inside. She sighed and went into the kitchen, where Masahiko was spraying dishes and pushing them into the large dishwasher.

"Masahiko, I need to talk to you about something," Jeri said.

"Okay," Masahiko said, taking the washed dishes from the rack and setting them up to dry. He started a new load.

"Mako was just here," Jeri said.

"Well, bring him on back," Masahiko chuckled, "he can help me."

"Masahiko," Jeri grunted.

"Hey, he's always helped me before," Masahiko said.

"He was here to see if Ai has be in today," Jeri explained, "but I haven't seen her here since the two of you broke up."

"Oh," Masahiko mumbled, scraping excess food off a plate and setting it in the rack. "I told her she's more than welcome to come in."

"Have you seen here lately?"

"Here, no."

"How about school?"

"Jeri, we shouldn't' talk about this now," Masahiko said, "Dad will get upset if you're not working."

"I am working," Jeri said. "Besides, today has been slow and if any customers come in, I'll hear the bell. How as Ai been at school?"

"She's not in any of my classes." Mako said. "I guess she's okay. Why?"

"Mako seemed worried," Jeri said.

"Ai's missing?" Masahiko asked.

"Seemed that way."

"Oh, I'm sure she's all right," Masahiko insisted. "I wouldn't worry. Ai's a smart girl."

"Yeah…right," Jeri walked out of the kitchen to check on her customers.

****

Mako gasped when they came to the old factory. "Is this where you took Ai for her party?"

"Yeah." Beelzemon replied.

The lawn had police tape on it. "Beelzemon…this party…"

"What?" Beelzemon asked.

"Suzie told me about something she saw on the news when we went on that picnic last week," Mako replied. "There was a party on night and someone called the cops. But when the cops got to the place, everyone was gone. They found drugs there. This is probably where that party took place. Ai must've been here."

"Mako, I don't like what you're saying," Beelzemon muttered.

"Me neither," Mako said as they walked inside.

Beelzemon began calling for Ai. "Hey, Ai, are ya here? Hello! Ai?"

There was no answer. Beelzemon became angry and threw a sofa across the room. "I don't believe it, there's no one here!"

"Where is she?" Mako wondered out loud. "We're getting nowhere!"

The phone rang.

"Hey, the phone's ringing," Beelzemon said. "But why? This place looks like it doesn't even have electricity."

"I don't know," Mako said, shocked.

"Better answer it, Mako."

Mako paused and picked it up. "Hello?"

"She's not there." Said the voice on the other end, very softly so that Mako couldn't make out the voice.

"Who are you?" he demanded. "Do you have my sister?"

"Mako, who is it?" Beelzemon questioned. "They've got Ai? I'll rip 'em up!"

"Calm down," said the voice. "I don't have her."

"Where is she?"

"You won't find her here."

"Tell me who you are."

"I can't tell you who I am."

"Bull!" Mako snapped

"I'm just a friend."

"Do I know you?"

"You don't have a whole lot of time. Go to the beach."

"The beach?"

"That's where she is. The beach."

"How do you know this?"

"Leave now."

"Mako, what's he's saying?" Beelzemon asked impatiently.

"How do I know this isn't a trap?"

"You'll just have to trust me," the person replied and hung up.

"Hey, don't' hang up. Hello! Hello! I am not done talking to you…hey!" Mako groaned and hung up. "He hung up on me."

Beelzemon moaned and turned around to the door. He hurried outside and Mako followed him.

"Beelzemon, wait!" Mako exclaimed.

Beelzemon stopped when he got outside. He looked both ways and grunted. "Augh! He's gone!"

"Who?" Mako asked.

"I heard something," Beelzemon answered. "Someone talking outside. I swore I heard someone talking and then a bike." He shook his head. "Thought that--"

"Nevermind what you heard, Beelzemon," Mako asked. "That person on the phone said where we could find Ai. We've got to go to the beach."

"You sure this person's telling the truth?" Beelzemon asked.

"We don't know where else to go. Come on. The guy said to hurry."

Beelzemon nodded and took his digimon toward the beach. Looking around the corner was a kid on a bike, holding a cell phone gingerly in his hand.

"I hope he gets there in time," the kid said.

*****

The LSD was kicking in for everybody. They were seeing things that weren't real and believing things that made no sense. A dude thought he could fly so he attempted it. One girl believed she could breath in water so she swam out into the sea. The others were too high themselves to know what the others were doing. Ai was lying down on the beach, making out with Perry. They were having their fun until something large and heavy landed next to them and picked Perry up in the air. Perry gasped, trying to get out of the creature's grasp.

"Let me go!" he cried.

"Get your filthy hands off my partnah!" he shouted.

"Perry," Ai whispered. "Let him go." She saw what had Perry and screamed. "Aaah! A monster!"

The creature looked at Ai in surprise as he tossed Perry into the soft sand. He walked toward her. It was her partner, Beelzemon, but because of the LSD, she saw something else.

"Ai, don't you recognize me?" Beelzemon asked. "It's me, Beelzemon! I'm your partnah!"

"Go away!" she shouted, scrambling her feet and backing away.

"It's me!" Beelzemon insisted. "Ai! What's wrong?"

Mako was stunned. He couldn't move. "Something's not right!"

"Mako, what's going on?" Beelzemon questioned, a bit afraid himself, "Why doesn't she recognize me?"

"I think it's the drugs," Mako said.

"Don't worry, Ai," Beelzemon coaxed, walking toward his partner, "I'll just take you home and then everything's going to be all right. Just give me your hand and--"

"No, go away!" Ai screamed. "Don't touch me, you monster! Get away from me!" She fell to her knees and clamped her hands over her ears. "Go away! Go away!" She couldn't make out a word Beelzemon was saying. It came out in grunts and inaudible cries. Beelzemon wasn't the prettiest digimon to look at with his three green eyes, long rat-like tail, claws and guns and he was bad when he made that deal with the Devas. Still, what Ai saw was not Beelzemon--it was a horrific monster. His fangs were sharp and instead of seeing three green eyes, she saw six red ones. He had a foot long grotesque tongue dripping with venomous saliva and his black feathery wings looked leathery. He looked like a freak of nature. She wouldn't react this way to him if she weren't under the effect of the drugs.

"Come on, Ai--"

"GO AWAY!" she shrieked violently, shaking her head. "Leave me alone!"

Beelzemon stopped. Obviously his partner didn't want him around. "Ai…"

"Go, just go!" she started to sob.

"If you really want me to go," Beelzemon said. "Then I'll go."

"Beelzemon, wait!" Mako yelled.

Beelzemon didn't listen to him. He took off into the night and flew away, so he wouldn't have to see his own partner so scared of him. He couldn't bear to see her so afraid.

"Don't' go, Beelzemon!" Mako shouted. "It's okay. Ai was just drugged! Beelzemon, come back!" He groaned, realizing his partner had left him again. "Not again," he whispered.

Beelzemon flew as far away as he could from Ai. He could still hear her yelling at him to leave her alone. He wondered what he did to deserve this. He thought Ai loved him.

"Impmon, we sure love you," Ai had said and kissed him on the cheek. It made him blush, but he was happy to hear those words.

Beelzemon landed on a rooftop to get his thoughts together. He put his hand to the cheek his beloved partner had kissed. She said only the sweetest things to him and just a minute ago she told him to get lost. Why? Didn't she love him anymore?

This confusion brought him to tears. "I thought they were happy to see me come back," he said to himself, wiping his tears off with his sleeve. "I guess it's better if I leave them alone. For good."

TBC