Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ New Found Hope ❯ Jealousy and Desperation ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Once again, I am back. This chapter is good too, not as much cliffhangers as I would have liked but what can I do? I think this story still has about 4 chapters to go but it's just an estimate. Anyway, this chapter has a little jealousy thrown in. I know you've all been waiting for that to kick in. But in the short run, basically, Davis and mostly Kari starts to have mixed feelings. And uhhh…I kinda made Suki's and her brother's relationship seem *ahem * more than just brother and sister. O.k., that wasn't my intention, o.k.? They're just siblings/friends, and that's all. Don't want you to get the wrong idea…Alright, hope you enjoy this chapter and please review!

Disclaimer: *sigh * Do we have to go thru this everytime? Alright, we both know that I don't own Digimon so just give me a break and don't see me. I have enough to do.

New Found Hope - Chapter 4

Kari watched as Suki and T.K. disappeared down the hall. After the class was interrupted, chaos had broken out. No one would settle down, after a few times of trying, the teacher had given up. Everyone was just sitting and gossiping about T.K. and Suki. It was all about them, it was making her sick.

It wasn't enough that she had to rely on Suki to get back her best friend, now her boyfriend needed to talk about her great soccer skills. So what if Suki could play soccer? It's not the most important thing in life. Who was she kidding? Kari was jealous. It was Suki's first day of school, and she had made a big impact. Not that she wanted to be talked about, but at least Suki had T.K. to keep her company.

The last couple of months hadn't been the greatest of Kari, despite being with Davis. T.K. had stopped talking to her, some girls were angry with her for breaking T.K.'s heart and now she was feeling jealous.

Why? It's not like she liked T.K. in that way. Or did she? She did feel better when T.K.'s around and she felt almost lost without him. Had she been wrong? Was T.K. actually the one for her and not Davis? She really needed this weekend to think things over.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Davis watched as Suki left with T.K. Why did T.K. always have to take away everything he wanted? Wait! Where did that thought come from? He had all he wanted…right? Kari was all he wanted. And he had her so what was there to complain about. It's not like he likes Suki now. No, no, that can't be right. No. That just wasn't right. He didn't like Suki…he couldn't...or could he?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I can not believe this is real. "Suki? Suki?" I looked up. T.K. was standing in front of me holding the phone. I grabbed it. "Mom? Is he o.k? Nothing happened to him, right? Right? Mom?" I was freaking out. Nidake couldn't be in the hospital, he just couldn't! "We don't know Suki. He's still in surgery." Oh my gosh! He's in surgery! "Mom? I am coming over right now. Which hospital is he in?" "Odaiba General, but honey, you still have school." "I don't care, I am leaving right now." With that, I hung up the phone. "I have to go to Odaiba General. Can I please go?" I asked the principal. He nodded and I was out the door. "Suki!" I turned around. "T.K.? What are you doing here?" "The principal thought that I should come along for your safety." I just shrugged and started running again. "Suki?" I turned around and sighed. "What now?" "Do you even know where Odaiba General hospital is?" "Of course!" I begun again and then stopped. "You know what? Actually, I don't." (A/N: Guess where I got that scene from?) "Come on this way."

As the convo goes along….

T.K.: Are you o.k?

Suki: Yeah, why wouldn't I be?

T.K.: You seem really upset.

Suki: Well, wouldn't you be upset if your brother was in the hospital? What if something goes wrong and he dies?

T.K.: Don't think like that! He won't leave you, Suki.

Suki ~starts crying~: How can you say that for sure? You don't understand! You don't know anything about it! You can't be sure.

T.K.: I'm sure that you shouldn't be standing here, thinking the worse.

Suki: I can't help it. It just comes naturally. I…I just don't know what to do anymore. I don't have control of anything in my life.

T.K.: What are you talking about? This was an accident, you couldn't have done anything to prevent it.

Suki: That's not what I was talking about…

T.K.: Then what were you talking about?

Suki: Nevermind, are we there yet?

T.K.: Close.

Suki: Alright.

I don't blame T.K. for trying but I was just too upset. Nidake wasn't only my brother, he was also my best friend. We had our best and worst experiences together. He understood my moods and feelings of inadequacy I get from our parents. I just can't lose him. As I saw the hospital neared, I increased my pace and soon I was running towards the building as fast as my legs would allow. I just had to see Nidake, even if it was for the last time.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

T.K. followed Suki as she hurried to the hospital. He knew Suki was upset but he knew he couldn't help her until she knew her brother was safe. He wondered how he would react if Matt was in the same situation.

He was so confused. When Suki had been crying he had the strongest urge to take her into his arms to comfort her and protect her from all the wrongs in the world. Suki had looked so vulnerable and scared. She was so strong from what he's seen of her. She stood up to him in front of the whole school, had her own opinions and didn't let anyone change her mind. But because of this incident she's broken down into the little girl part of her that won't grow up, her insecure side. She really needed her brother. And T.K. would help her if it was the last thing he did.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

T.K. hadn't come back yet. Kari had heard that Suki left school for the hospital and T.K. went with her to show her the way. School had ended and Kari was waiting for T.K. at the park. Kari knew Suki had helped her get T.K. to agree to meet her here, but knowing him as she did, if Suki needed his support, he'll stay and comfort her. Kari sighed. It was no use waiting for T.K. He wasn't going to come. She stood up and started to walk home.

She owed Suki for a lot she supposed. But despite Suki's help, Kari still haven't made up with T.K. And it was all Suki's fault. What was she thinking? Suki couldn't help it if her brother was in the hospital. It wasn't like Suki intentionally bought T.K. with her. Suki was new here so she didn't where to go. Kari had to stop thinking that Suki was trying to take T.K. away from her. Why did she feel so uncomfortable with the fact that T.K. was spending so much time was Suki? She knew she was jealous but she wasn't jealous because she wanted T.K., was she?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

He knew it! When Davis had passed by Suki's desk, he had found a note under it. Suki had convinced T.K. to meet with Kari to discuss their relationship. What relationship? Kari was his, there was nothing to discuss. Nothing at all.

Davis had followed Kari to the park and watched and waited. When T.K. didn't show up, he felt a certain feeling of triumph. He was better than that pathetic loser, T.A. at least he shows up even though he was usually late… But that wasn't the point. Kari wanted to be friends with T.S. again and he stood her up. That guy made him so angry! Davis knew that Kari really missed T.K., despite what he thought, and felt really bad about what happened between them. He wished he could just punch T.K. and make him see some sense. But Kari would hate him forever.

T.K. was probably with Suki, Davis had heard about Suki's brother being in the hospital. And about T.K.'s good deed of the day. How he had offered to bring her there since Suki was new here and didn't know where to go. This was annoying him a lot. HE should have been the one to bring Suki there, not T.K. HE should be the one that people are calling a "hero." Davis realized that the feelings of jealousy didn't stem from Suki, but from T.K.

T.K. was much better liked than he was, and more sensitive. A lot of girls were totally in love with Mr. "Sensitive-Basketball Allstar - Digimon know-it-all." Well, the girls didn't know about the last part but T.K. always acted like he knew everything there was to know about Digimon, making himself more superior than him. Why did everyone like that jerk more than him?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I pushed past some people near the front door and stopped at the nurses office. "Is Nidake Henasako still in surgery?" The nurse on duty looked and said, "He's out of surgery in room 208 but he's in a coma and the doctors aren't sure when he'll wake up or if h…" I turned and went to find Nidake's room. Nidake was in a coma? This was turning out worse than I htought. What if he never wakes up?

As I walked down the hall, I began going through my best memories with him. (A/N: The following scenes are just flashbacks I made up, each flashback starts with a ~ and ends with ~, alright? O.k. on with the flashbacks!)

~ (A/N: I have to give the Simpsons some credit for this because I stole this scene from them) We were eating ice cream and being a kid, I was being a little clumsy, when suddenly my ice cream fell off my cone. As a 2-year-old, I was entitled to cry because of that, so I did. I started the waterworks and my brother, he was a great guy even when he was 4, gave me his extra scoop of ice cream.~

~I sat on the swing staring at the slide. I had a bad experience with it and didn't want to go on it ever again but Nidake told me that I should face my fears. I took a deep breath and started climbing the steps to the top. I looked down the shiny surface of the slide and proceeded to go down. At the bottom I fell off the ledge and landed on the ground with a thud. I started crying and Nidake came over and gave me a hug, telling me that it was o.k. and that this time, he'll catch me at the bottom. I returned his hug and kissed him on the cheek. He walked me to the steps and let go of my hand to walk to the end of the slide. I went back up and without hesitation, knowing that Nidake would keep his promise, closed my eyes and slid down. Before long, I felt his arms around me and knew I was safe.~

~I looked desperately around my room, searching for my stuffed bunny I had gotten as a baby. It had been missing for a few days now and I was feeling really upset. I heard a knock at my door and then Nidake walked in with his hands behind his back. "Guess what I have?" He asked and he handed me a wrapped present. I could tell that he wrapped it. The tape wasn't put on properly so the paper was starting to peel and the bow was drooping. I opened it and found a stuffed bunny almost identical to mine and my favorite candy. I jumped up and hugged him and asked how he got them. "I knew you felt bad for losing your bunny and used my allowance to get you it when mommy took me shopping." "But you said you were going to get a new baseball glove," I said. "You're specialer than getting a baseball glove."~

~I slammed the door and ran to my room crying. (A/N: She cries a lot doesn't she?) Nidake followed me upstairs and asked what was worng. "Billy told me he would never like me because I'm ugly!" Nidake just left and after a while came back with Billy to apologize to me. After Billy left, Nidake sat down and told me never to listen to people like Billy. He told me that I was pretty and that if Billy didn't see that then he was a idiot. I knew then that my brother was more than a brother to me, he was a role model and a friend too.~

Nidake was an important part of my life and I couldn't just let him go. He just had to be all right, or I don't know what I would do without him. I just couldn't live without him. He just had to be all right.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This is something special for this chapter, I'm going to write what happens in Nidake's head during the coma. (Can you tell I needed something to fill in space or what?) Alright, you know how there's theories to what goes on in one's head during a coma? Well, basically, this is my opinion, I guess. O.k.? So, let's get started.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I didn't know what was going on. I was crossing the street when a car came out of no where and hit me. I couldn't move after I fell down or tell the paramedics attending to me, that I was alright…or I thought I was alright. But I kept hearing that I was losing a lot of blood. I hope I'll be alright.

When I woke up again, I heard someone crying. It was my mother. "Oh Nidake! Please wake up, Nidake." I am awake, but I couldn't move or indicate that I was awake. What happened to me? Did I die or something? Before I could answer myself, I felt myself go again.

I knew I was in a dream, but the events were so real. I felt like I was trying to find a reason for waking up but I didn't know that I was supposed to look for it consciously. It's confusing, I know. But that was what I felt. As my dream went on, I realized that they were memories. There was Suki as a kid and I had given her my ice cream. I smiled. She was such a great kid. But our parents keep trying to turn her into something she wasn't. I frowned. Should I have helped her with that problem? I was there for her but I never really tried to change anything. Never tried to help. Was that what I should have done?

I felt something on my hand. It felt like drops of water. "Nidake, you can't leave me now, I still need you to protect me." It was Suki. She needed me and I couldn't just leave her. I moved my hand and tried to speak. "Suki…"

How did you like that chapter? I love cliffhangers, don't you? Altho, I don't have that much this time. Oh well, still a good story. Just to tell you, I'm starting a new story, two actually, the first one would be kinda short. 1 or 2 chapters and the second one, I'll tell you about it next time, I might not even post it here, but put it on my site (which really has a mere exsistence) so we'll see. Anyways, please review for this story!

Luv y'all!