Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Over for the Weekend ❯ Chapter 2

[ A - All Readers ]

Well I'm finally gonna work on this one again. Been pumping out chapter of Hope in Despair and Onni-san a lot. Now for some nice fluffy Daiken! Or Kensuke! Whatever! Yeah R&R people! It's what gets me writing! The more reviews for a fic the more I write it! Supply when demanded!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~


Unfortunetly he couldn't sleep. Having Daisuke this close was killer. He so wanted to snuggle up close to him, be close enough to smell his hair.... But he knew well enough that was never going to happen. So he stopped those thoughts before they started.

Some might have said just ask, just tell him how he felt. That it couldn't hurt but Ken knew better. Daisuke was as straight as they come. He constantly drooled after Hikari, told Miyako she'd be hotter if she wore a thong (he'd gotten beat up for that one......several times) and made gay jokes just about everyday. There was no way Ken could tell him.

But lying there beside him he gazed to his hearts content. He might not be able to touch what he wanted but he could look. The soft fall of his spiky hair and how dark it looked in the minor amount of light coming from the bed room window. His skin looked pale, this was probably the only time it did. It was smooth and healthy and Ken was dying to know if it felt as soft as it looked. Asleep he looked paused not peaceful. Like this was just a stop in play until he could wake up again bouncing back to life at first light.

*This thing with his foot is going to drive him insane. I don't think Daisuke was meant for sitting still for more then three seconds.*

This was driving him nuts. He turned away from his friend and faced the wall hoping he would fall asleep quickly.

*And to think I have another three night of this.*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Next morning

Ken woke up slowly trying to register where he was. This was his bed yes and the same wall he woke up to every morning but what was....
His eyes popped open as he remembered that Daisuke had come over for the weekend. Well for that reason and the fact that Daisuke had in his sleep curled up against Ken's back. He'd even kicked off all the blankets, Ken suspected they were on the floor, and had one leg flung over his. One arm was wrapped around Ken's waist holding his close. He felt like a giant teddy bear. A giant red teddy bear.

*Oh god....*

He didn't know what to do. Should he just wait until Daisuke woke up or push him away? It felt too nice to just throw the opportunity away. He'd been sleeping in Daisuke's arms for who knew how long. He couldn't end this no matter ow innocently it had begun. So he laid there enjoying the feel of Daisuke's arm around him and the warmth against his back, Daisuke's warmth. If only he could have turned around and held him back......

It was too soon that Ken started to feel Daisuke waking up. The injured boy shifted around some and started grumbling about it being too early to wake up. Ken kept his eyes closed pretending to be asleep. He didn't think Daisuke would understand why he hadn't pushed him away.

Then the warmth of Daisuke's body was gone as he woke up completely and turned away quickly. He was obviously embarrassed and Ken could hear him muttering under his breath about something or other. The goggle boy sat up yawned then Ken could feel the bed shift as he reached for the blankets ,well the ones that hadn't fallen to the floor, and pulled them back up over them both. He then settled back down and quickly went back to sleep. Ken sighed opening his eyes again.

*Oh well...it was nice while it lasted. Time to get up and go to school.*

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N I just feel like saying this don't know why but yeah. For some reason I didn't really like Daisuke or Taichi that much sept for the fact they went so well with my Yama-sama and Ken-chan. But now Taichi is the best and Daisuke is just so..so...so adorable! Yeah that's all. I don't know why but I adore them both now. Go fig. Anyway back to the fic!

~~~~~~~~~~Dai-chan

Daisuke yawned stretching his arms above his head and arching his back. He'd slept in again but that was okay. He was at Ken's house with no parents and... Daisuke looked beside him and saw..no Ken.

*Where'd he go?*

He thought hopping out of bed automatically forgetting about his ankle.

"OWOWOWOWOWOWOW!" he yelled as his ankle hit the floor hard.

He collapsed emediatly holding on to his throbbing ankle expecting Ken to come see what was wrong. It wasn't a bad assumption it was just most people came running when people yelled Ow repeatedly. After a few minutes Daisuke realised ken wasn't home.

"Where is he?" He wondered a loud standing up unsteadily.

He hobbled down the hallway and into the kitchen hopping to see a note or some clue as to where his friend went. Sure enough a large note was hung on the fridge written in bold red letters.

Daisuke I went to school. Remember I told you last night? Bet you forgot. I should be back around five. Make yourself at home. Not that you probably havn't raided the fridge all ready. See ya Ken.

Daisuke looked down at the huge bowel of cereal he'd grabbed before reading the note and grinned. Ken always knew what he was thinking. You'd think it would be easy but Ken tended to know more about him then just the mundane things like his huge appetite.

*Of course everyone knows about that!*

He thought cheerfully before planting himself in front of the T.V. Careful to prop up his ankle on a pillow ice pack on top. The swelling had gone down but it was starting up again with the bang he'd given it earlier.

He sat watching cartoons and bad afternoon soap operas all day. He played video games too but it was no fun with out someone to beat.

Mostly he just thought about things over the din of the shows. Mostly about the other digidestined. Okay mostly about Hikari. She was the best thing about being digidestined after all. The digital world had been a way to get closer to her.

*If only stupid T.O. Wasn't always getting in the way.*

he thought jesousy clouding his thoughts. No matter how hard he tried Hikari never noticed him when He was around. Daisuke thought his terribly unfair. He really did like her alot. It wasn't just some silly crush. He loved everything about her. Her kindness and how gentle she was. The cute way she smiled. The way you could always tell what she was thinking with the color of her eyes.

*Dark Mahogany means she's sad or upset. A bright red amber is when she's happy.*

he liked it bes t when her eyes where more brown then red though. It meant whatever she was looking at she loved. She had that look for four things so far that Daisuke had seen. For her brother and family. For her pictures and for Tailmon. The last Daisuke tried not to admit often. It made him too depressed.

"Stupid T.A." He muttered shifting his attention back to the T.V. In front of him.

He'd had enough thinking for one day anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~Ken-chan

"I'm home Dai-chan!" Ken half shouted as he walked through the door of his apartment.

He liked the sound of that. It seemed domestic like he'd just come home from work to a loving Daisuke. Of course the reality was quite different. Daisuke was far from loving. In fact he looked down right grumpy sitting on the couch and flipping channels quickly. Ken sat down beside him and smiled hopping to get a smile back.

"Hey Ken. Have a good day?" Daisuke asked not turning away from the screen in front of him.

"I suppose. School's school. I'm glad it's the weekend finally for me though." Ken answered.

"Cool." he answered shortly.

*Okay what's up with him?*

Ken shifted so he was directly facing Daisuke one leg curled up on the couch and tilted his head to the side. He gave him the look that Daisuke always would trust him with. His bangs slid into his eyes but he ignored it. Daisuke glanced at him and sighed.

"Nothings wrong Ken not really." he said trying to avoid his eyes.

Ken just looked.

"Okay here's the thing.."

Patience is a wonderful thing to posses.

"I just can't take this thing with Hikari anymore." Daisuke said looking down.

Ken groaned mentally as he realised he was going to have to console Daisuke over Hikari. He hated doing this much because he hated hearing about who Daisuke liked. If it had been some silly little crush then ken would have been fine but if Daisuke wasn't in love then certainly high on the abject adoration factor.

"I think her and Takeru are going out. I've seen them standing together and......" He said startling Ken.

He'd had no idea that the two had become that close.

"I don't know. I still like Hikari. I like her a lot." he said dejectedly.


Ken sighed placing one hand on Daisuke's shoulder in comfort. He didn't know what to say to his friend. Normally a best friend was supposed to say everything would be fine and eventually Hikari would come to her senses and realize Daisuke was the greatest guy in the world. But then normally the best friend wasn't crushing on their friend. Frankly he was happy that Hikari had never felt anything but friendship towards Daisuke. It meant he had a better chance.

*Okay Ken. Better chance? Now your deluding yourself. You never had a chance to begin with.*

Daisuke sighed then grinned holding up the video game controller.

"Bet ya can't beat me at Mario party!" he said with a glint in his eyes.

Ken rolled his eyes wonder how hard this game could be. It was only a Mario game. He picked up the other controller flashing Daisuke a smile.

"Your on." he said mentally sighing, glad the Hikari crisis was over.

~~~~~~~~~~~Time lapse.

Daisuke let Ken pull him up onto the bed. He still had problems moving up and down the ladder. It annoyed the hell outa him but he needed help. Not that he minded terribly having ken help him. Ken was the one person he trusted beyond all other and he knew ken would never make fun of him or take advantage of the fact he was impaired at the time.

He flopped onto the bed beside and grinned a thank you at the raven haired boy. Ken smiled back and proceeded to make himself comfortable. He was between Daisuke and the wall because he could manoeuvre better if he needed to get up late at night.

*Good thing we're both deep sleepers. Other wise I would have woken up EARLY when he did and he would have woken up when...*

Daisuke blushed just a bit emabrissed. His family had moved a while back when his father had gotten a raise and as promised Daisuke had gotten a dog now that they had a yard for it to run in. A big dog. A labrador rotriler cross. She was pretty big and strong and he adored her to pieces. She had this habit of climbing into his bed at night and he always put an arm around her while sleeping. He must of mistaken Ken's extra presence as Purdy's.

(A/N if your wondering that's my puppy I'm talking about, named after the chocolates. She always used to sleep on my brothers bed and I went down stairs a few times when he was gone for more then one night. She would always lick me awake. Uck dog drool first thing in the morning. Cute though because she'd put her head on the pillow like a person^_^ Anyway back to the fic.)

He was going to make sure he was facing away from Ken when he fell asleep so not to repeat the performance. He turned around as Ken flipped around a bit then fell asleep quickly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

There finally done. Don't know why it took me so long to get this out. Just sorta forgot about it until someone gave me a review a little while ago then i was all. Oh yeeeaaaah. This fic!Oops need to finish it!^_^;; I'm a ditz. Anyway here it is. Cuteness and an obvious set up!^_^