Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Over for the Weekend ❯ Chapter 3

[ A - All Readers ]

Here's chapter three!And my mind has gone numb once more. I don't know why it's been so hard for me to write lately but it has. I'm only working on four fics right now so I don't know what the problem is!Oh well I'll get over it. Anyways I gotta finish this because I'm entering it in a contest so here goes!

And before you ask each chapter starts with them in bed and ends with them going to bed. ^_^ Which can be a problem or not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
*He did it again.......*

Ken woke up early in the morning just before sun rise and that was the first thought in his head. Daisuke had rolled over in his sleep and once again wrapped his arms around Ken. Though this time he'd managed not to kick off half the sheets.

(A/N I'm being cruel to Ken with this aren't I? :P)

This time the movement had woken him up. Mostly because he had been facing the burgundy haired boy and was now pressed up against him. If Ken had frozen the morning before he certainly was now. His breath caught in his throat as he stared in shock at Daisuke's sleep relaxed face. This was too much. Ken was sure he'd die with...embarrassment? Joy? Confusion?

Confusion over what to do. Once again he was torn between pushing Daisuke away, or just lying there savouring the feeling. He was definetly leaning towards just lying there. Besides it wasn't as if this was his fault, it was Daisuke doing the mid night glomping act here. Not that Ken was complaining either.

With a small sigh Ken relaxed and closed his eyes trying to slow his heart down just a little. He was sure it would break apart his rib cage if it beat any faster. After a few moments he opened his eyes again. He wasn't about to lose this opportunity to study Daisuke up close without suspicion.

*Why does he have to be so damned cute? It's really unfair.*

Ken thought as he gazed at Daisuke's face. He looked extremely child like and innocent in the soft light from the window beneath the bed. His arms trapped between their bodies Ken dared to turn one hand over to lightly place the palm against Daisuke's chest. He closed his eyes as he felt Daisuke's heart beat through the fabric of his night clothes.

*If only I could stay here forever.....*

He lay there for quite some time feeling Daisuke's heart beat and listening to the soft sound of him breathing until he fell asleep.

~~~~~~~

He woke up slowly feeling more content then he had in a
long time. Daisuke Had moved while they slept but Ken was not complaining. He'd pulled Ken even closer and the dark haired boy couldn't have moved if he'd wanted to. Their faces were now only inches apart and Ken was continently forgetting to breath.

*Oh god.*

Ken thought faintly as he gazed at the tanned face before him. He could feel the faint tickle of Daisuke's breath against his check. He squeezed his eyes shut again trying to force air back into his lungs.

*This is too close...too much...I can't....*

This was completely wreaking havoc with Ken's self control. He wanted to do nothing more then lean just a bit forward. Just enough to brush his lips against Daisuke's. His wants warred with his common sense. This wasn't something he should do. That wasn't just lying there waiting for Daisuke to wake up.

He opened his eyes once again finally in control of his now raging hormones to meet blinking, sleepy, brown eyes. Daisuke was awake. And for some strange reason instead of convincing Ken he'd made the right decision the sight for Daisuke's large, and in Ken's opinion beautiful, brown eyes did the opposite.

Before he could think Ken had did just what he'd dreamed of doing. Closing his eyes he leaned forward quickly before Daisuke could react and lightly brushed his lips against Daisuke's. They were soft, warm and Ken knew he'd never forget the feeling.

Then just as quickly as he acted Daisuke was Wide awake and shoving him away. He sat up and stared at Ken as if he'd grown donkey ears. Ken sat up as well stared back hoping that Daisuke wasn't going to hate him for this. He looked at Ken with wide shocked eyes for about five minutes then shaking Daisuke quickly climbed down the ladder and hobbled out of the room.

Ken watched him leave then flopped back onto the bed trying not to cry. He didn't think Daisuke was going to be talking to him again anytime soon. He'd recognised the emotions that flew across his friends face in those few moments. Shock, surprise all normal things but it was the disgust that hurt.

*I just had to go and do that. I couldn't have left well enough alone. Had to go and ruin the one real friendship I've ever had.*

He thought despondently. He didn't know what had come over him. He had always known there was no way in hell that Daisuke would ever return his feelings. He was constantly reminded of the burgundy haired boys complete obsession with girls on an almost daily basis. The worst was this was enough to ruin the friendship. Daisuke was incapable of ignoring something and pretending it never happened.

*This is going to be one long weekend*

~~~~~~~~~~Dai-chan

*He kissed me. Ken kissed me. He Kissed me!!!!!*

Daisuke's mind slowly wrapped itself around this concept as he sat in shock on the living room couch. It had certainly been a major wake up call. He'd had no clue that Ken had any sort of feelings towards him at all. This was a complete and total surprise.

He hated to leave Ken like that though. He'd seen the worry in his violet eyes. But Daisuke hadn't been able to stay. Being kissed by a guy, his best friend to boot. Well, he'd had to get out of there and think.

He pressed his fingers against his lips at the memory. It was weird, this was going to take some time to get used to. The idea that he'd been kissed by another boy. Part of him had wanted to instantly punch Ken in the face for even thinking about kissing him.

He sat there for some time thinking over what had happened. Eventually he heard Ken come out of his bedroom and walk into the bathroom. He figured thinking about things wasn't going to help. He could sort out his feelings just yet. So he flipped on the TV.

Then Ken came into the kitchen and started making breakfast. Daisuke watched TV. Ken took his food into his room. Daisuke got up afterwards grabbed some himself and watched TV.
This was repeated at lunch. Ken made lunch and took it back to his room. Daisuke grabbed some himself and played video games. Each time they were in the same area of the house the silence became strained.

They did this when they fought. Descend into a thick silence that everyone around them felt. Of course none of their arguments where about anything serious. One of them would eventually give in and apologize. But then in this case there was nothing to apologize for. Ken couldn't apologize for kissing Daisuke. He'd wanted to, had wanted to for a long time. Daisuke couldn't apologize. What could he apologize for? So neither of them spoke for the entire day.

Night fell and still they hadn't spoken one word to each other. Daisuke still watched TV or played video games. Ken did homework or what ever he could find to amuse himself in his room. Both completely miserable.

~~~~~~~~Ken

The indigo haired digidestined sat on the chair in his room staring at the blank screen of his computer. All his homework was done and computer games didn't seem so interesting. He'd long since given up any chance of retaining his friendship with Daisuke. Kissing him had to be the stupidest thing he'd done in his entire life. Besides the whole Kaiser thing.

*How could I have been so stupid? One kiss was not worth ruining our friendship. No matter how much I wanted to.*

He rubbed at his eyes as they began to blur a bit. Ken knew crying wasn't going to help things much but he wanted to. It hurt knowing he'd probably blown any chance of ever being around Daisuke ever again.

The sound of a voice made Ken look up quickly. Daisuke stood in the door way still favouring his one foot. He didn't look directly at Ken but more around some where on the floor.

"I can't get the futon out myself." he said simply.

Ken nodded and stood up. He walked past Daisuke without touching or looking at him and went to get the futon from the hall closet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

Okay so their not exactly in bed but I want the next stuff to be purely in the next chapter. Aren't I messing things up nicely? *Evil grin* Hope you all liked!^_^ R&R please.