Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Over for the Weekend ❯ Chapter 4

[ A - All Readers ]

Another chapter and nothing much to say. I'm sorry it took so long to get this out but I over used my time a week before the new month starts so I'm stuck without the internet for a week!!!*cries* I all ready have over Ten stories to read and I am going to go crazy knowing they're there and I can't read them!!!!*wails and cries some more* Anyway here's the fic....*cries*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~

Daisuke had his eyes tightly closed and tried to ignore Ken as he had all day. A little difficult to do considering how well he knew Ken.

*Or thought I knew him.*

He could read Ken like a book and knew he was upset. Very upset. He'd always hated seeing Ken upset over something, had always tried to keep his bestfriend happy and smiling...But this he couldn't help. He wasn't going to give in to this. Ken could just stay up there and be miserable for all he cared. Ken had Kissed him and Daisuke wasn't about to talk to Ken again for a while.

Of course he felt horribly guilty. This time he was the cause for Ken being unhappy and it didn't feel very nice.

*It's not my fault it's His!!!I wasn't the one who kissed him, he kissed me!! It's not my fault.*

He kept repeating that to himself snuggled down into the blankets on the futon, facing away from the bed. He could still hear when Ken moved around so he pulled the covers over his ears so he could ignore Ken better. He didn't want to know if Ken was still awake.

Ken had told him once that he had trouble sleeping when upset or if he was around people he didn't trust and that information had always made Daisuke happy. Ken always fell asleep within minutes when either of them slept over at each others houses. He didn't want to know this had changed.

Daisuke tried not to think about how Ken looked earlier either. It had been a while since his raven haired friend had looked quite so lonely or sad. A while since he'd seen tears in his expressive violet eyes either. He'd promised himself to help Ken be happy, to be the best friend he could be. He didn't want to know he made Ken cry. He hadn't cried in so long....

No he wasn't going to back down on this. He couldn't just forgive that kiss. It was wrong, Ken shouldn't have kissed him. It was wrong! Ken was his friend, just his friend. He couldn't forgive Ken for changing that.

~~~~~~~~~

(A/N Whoa...that was hard to write. I had nothing to draw that from ya know? So far from the way I think!! Anyways on to a little angsty Ken-chan, that I can write noooo problem!)

While the day had been a constant torment of being ignored it was nothing compared to that night. When ever Ken slept over at Daisuke's he'd be on the futon right beside the bed. Sometimes they even forgot that and Ken had climbed in with Daisuke. Though that had been before they'd both grown too much to fit. At his house Daisuke always slept up in the bed with him. It was a double and had plenty of room for two. It was just another little jab knowing Daisuke would rather sleep on the floor then with him.

*But do you really blame him?*

He'd never thought before that it was a bad thing for him to like Daisuke the way he did. His family had always been open minded and he'd never run into someone who'd been openly hateful towards such relationships so he'd never even thought like that for a second. Then he'd seen the look on Daisuke's face after he'd kissed him and began to doubt.

Daisuke was the most happiest open minded person he knew. He would never think something bad about someone, not seriously unless they did something really bad. The last time Ken had seen a similar look on his friends face was in the digiworld. When he'd been the Kaiser.....

*I must be some kind of freak for Daisuke to hate me......this must be wrong.*

Stifling a sob Ken buried his face into his pillow so Daisuke wouldn't hear. He didn't want Daisuke to know how much he cared. If just a little kiss disturbed him so much, Ken didn't want to know what Daisuke would think if he knew how Ken felt.

So Ken cried quietly for hours too miserable to sleep until he cried himself out. He lay there for the rest of the night staring at the wall. He tired sleeping but the ace in his soul wouldn't let him.

He blinked a bit in surprise as he noticed the wall becoming lighter and realised he'd stayed awake the entire night. With a sigh he sat up and looked back into the room. Sure enough there was a pale light shining in through the huge glass door beneath his bed.

His eyes also fell on Daisuke's peacefully sleeping form. He looked adorable as ever, his burgundy hair falling over into his eyes without the goggles to keep back most of the mess. His features where relaxed and he looked as peaceful as a little sleepy puppy. At a sharp pain that was more emotional then physical Ken looked away and climbed down the beds ladder.

*Stop thinking like that. He doesn't want it and it isn't right.*

Not looking at Daisuke Ken got changed quietly and left the room. He couldn't stand yet another day not talking to Daisuke so he was going to the library. He had extracurricular work he could do and even though it wasn't due for three weeks he'd prefer to do that.

*Anything to get away from him.*

He thought as he left a note and slipped out the door. It didn't matter to him that the library didn't open for another four hours at 9 O'clock. He just didn't want to be there any more. It hurt to much.

~~~~~~~~~

Daisuke woke up around twelve a bit confused as to where he was. He then remembered he was at Ken's, on the floor because Ken had kissed him. It was strange waking up here on the floor. He'd just always slept up with Ken on the bed. And that was never going to happen again if he could help it.

Stretching he got up and walked out into the kitchen not bothering to check and see if Ken was up or not. He saw the note on the counter but didn't bother to read it. Just confirmed his guess that Ken had gone somewhere and he really didn't care where.

He got a huge bowel of cereal and sat down in front of the TV. His ankle felt better today and he didn't bother with an ice pack. He flipped channels for hours trying not to think to hard about anything. He paused around Five to get up and grab something to eat before switching to video games.

At seven a nagging little bit of conience started bugging him. Ken had been gone a fairly long time and he didn't know where he was. He tried ignoring it figuring Ken wasn't his friend anymore and could handle himself. But as the sky slowly began to darken he got more and more worried.

Finally he got up and shuffled into the kitchen to look at the note.

Went to Library.

Ken

Well that told him a lot. He shuffled down the hallway and found the phone book. He looked up the phone number and phoned the library. They'd closed at six. Daisuke bit his lip in worry. He felt like he shouldn't do anything and just forget how late it was but he couldn't. Only because one little thing circled around in his mind.

*This is my fault.*

So Daisuke opened the phone book and began checking to see who was home and mobile to look for Ken.

~~~~~~~

(A/N Okay here's the thing with the van. Read some stories by Empress of the Eclipse! She's created this band that now when ever I have Yamato driving he's borrowed Gendo's van! Her band is stuck in my head and I love them to bits so I hope she forgives the use of the van and their names but I can't help it!!!!*grabs Istu and huggles him to death then gets idea for pic and vows to draw Istu with his 'badge' as soon as she's done writing*)

Daisuke sat between Takeru and Yamato in a beat up old van that belonged to Gendo a member of the Teenage Wolves that Yamato had borrowed. He'd phoned everyone but the two brothers had been the only ones home. They'd both agreed emediatly to help look for Ken and had hurried over quickly.

He wasn't too thrilled but he felt better knowing they were looking. It was mostly being around T.A. that did it of course. But Takeru wasn't being as annoying as he normally was and looked just as concerned about Ken being missing as Daisuke was.

They sung by the library but Ken wasn't anywhere in the neighbourhood. Then they began going to places they knew Ken liked to go. But they couldn't find him. Then they began driving around in random directions hoping to just see him.

With each passing hour Daisuke became more and more worried and guilt ridden. He couldn't help but feel like this entire thing was his fault. He wasn't sure why because he still firmly believed that Ken was to blame but one thought kept running through his mind.

*Just make Ken be okay.....*

~~~~~~~~~~~

Ken had left the library as it closed but couldn't make himself go home. He couldn't face Daisuke. He'd beaten himself into the ground mentally and was now sure he was entirely to blame for losing Daisuke's friendship. That he was some freak that no one would want around and that's why Daisuke had reacted the way he had. Why his best friend who'd forgiven him the horrible things he'd done as the Kaiser couldn't forgive him one kiss.

Wiping back a fresh new batch of tears he walked down the street trying to figure out where he was going. He walked for quite some time when he came across the field where he'd first played against Daisuke in soccer. They'd been enemies then but a small part of Ken that had still been good had enjoyed the game and the daring manuvers Daisuke had attempted.

*He really was good. Still is...were both going to try out for the bantam all star team next year. The same one Taichi played on when he was fourteen.*

Another tear escaped his eyes as he thought about the tryouts. He wouldn't be going this year that was for sure. They were both virtually guaranteed a spot on the team and Ken wouldn't be able to face Daisuke day after day. He couldn't even face him one hour.

He found himself at the bottom of the field just in front of the bleachers. The park wasn't being used today and the flood lights were off. He sat down at the edge of the field in the grass and stared out at the growing darkness holding back his tears.

*He hates me...I know he does now. It's all my fault..if I wasn't such a freak he'd still be my friend.....He hates me....*

With a sob Ken bent over crying as he could deny the pain any longer. But once again the tears brought no release from the pain as those same words circled around in his mind bring on new tears.

~~~~~~~~~~Yama-chan's pov!!

Yamato was just a little confused by what Daisuke had told him. Apparently Ken had left early in the morning leaving a short note not saying when he'd be back. Then Daisuke didn't even get worried until the library had been closed for an hour and a half and Ken still wasn't home. From what Takeru had told him and what he'd seen of the two friends they were normally inseparable.

*They must have had a fight but what could have been so bad that Ken would just disappear for hours?*

It was nearly ten thirty now and they'd checked back hourly to see if Ken was back. So far no such luck. They were now trying old haunts and placed they'd used to hang out with Ken to see if he was there. Apparently they'd thought right because Takeru suddenly told him to stop saying he'd thought he'd seen Ken.

They were by an old soccer field where Ken and Daisuke had played a lot of soccer against each other. In fact that was the first place they'd met as Ken Ichijouji and Daisuke Motomiya. Not as Kaiser and Digidestined.

Yamato stopped and Takeru jumped out of the van and ran down the bleacher steps Daisuke following slowly behind him. Very slowly as if he wasn't to happy to see Ken. Yamato got out of the van and followed just behind Daisuke.

Looking past he could make out Ken sitting in the grass at the edge of the field. Takeru had just reached him and knelt down beside him. Ken started in surprise when Takeru reached out and placed a hand on Ken's shoulder then began scrubbing at his eyes when he saw the blonde.

*Ken was crying? What could have happened between these two?*

He stopped walking down the steps when he realised Daisuke had stopped in his tracks and was now staring down at his two friends. Takeru looked to be coaxing Ken to stand up and come with him. He gently pulled the indigo haired boy to his feet and guided him towards the steps. Daisuke upon seeing the movement turned and began walking back up the steps past Yamato and to the van. Yamato blinked in surprise at the expression on Daisuke's face. It wasn't one typical for the keeper of the digiegg of courage and friendship. Stubbornness combined with anger, relief, confusion and fear.

He glanced back to see his own confusion mirrored on his brothers face as Takeru leading a wilted Ken up the stairs watched Daisuke walk away.

The trip back to Ken's apartment was interesting as well. Ken sat squeezed between him and Takeru, while Daisuke sat by the window. Yamato was doubly worried once he saw Ken's face. His eyes where read and blood shot the evidence of tears that still hung about the corners of his eyes. He had huge dark circles under his eyes and his features were blank or just tired looking.

Daisuke sat staring out the window completely ignoring Ken. Takeru had nudged Daisuke a few times trying to get him to react and comfort Ken but Daisuke ignored him. So Takeru and Yamato had taken over the job and Takeru had one arm around Ken's waist the other holding one of his hands talking quietly to him while Yamato had a arm around Ken's shoulders as support.

Ken didn't respond much except that he managed to fall asleep on the way back supported by him and Takeru. Yamato figured it more for pure exhaustion then comfort, the boy looked like he hadn't slept in days.

When they got back Ken woke up easily confirming that he was too wound up to sleep deeply and had only drifted off due to exhaustion. They guided him up stairs followed by an indifrent Daisuke.

Takeru went to help Ken into bed as he obviously needed sleep and left Yamato alone with Daisuke who stood uncertainly in the living room.

"Daisuke, what's going on?" Yamato asked quietly once the two boys disappeared into Ken's room.

"Nothing." Daisuke said sullenly not looking at the older boy.

"Fine don't tell me but what ever it is fix it. I've never seen Ken so miserable before and it's not healthy." He said hoping Daisuke listened to him.

Daisuke just turned away and pointedly ignored him. Sighing Yamato gave up. He would have tried and forced Daisuke to fess up to what was wrong but he and Takeru had to get home. Takeru looked just about as happy about leaving.

"I wonder what's wrong? I've never seen Ken that upset before." Yamato said to Takeru on the way home.

"I have." Takeru said not looking happy about that fact.

Yamato drove along in silence not really wanting to ask but Takeru spoke up after a while.

"It was when Wormmon died, when Ken turned good again."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

That's all for this chapter!^_^..snif....so sad. Poor Ken-chan I'm really beating him up over this aren't I? Ooooh well. It serves a purpose!!What purpose you ask? To make you all feel sorry for him!!! Yuppers that's it!!!!Anyways R&R please!!!^_^