Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Over for the Weekend ❯ Chapter 5

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter five is here and ready to go! This is the last chapter and I've been waiting to write it!! Which is why I'm staying up to write it instead of going to bed and getting sleep so I can get up EARLY tomorrow to look for a job...Sigh...joys of being out of school.....V_V. Anyways on with the fic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daisuke got ready for bed and went back to Ken's room. Ken was in bed and the lights where off so Daisuke just crawled into the futon. There was something eating away at the shock and anger he'd felt since Ken had kissed him. He'd thought that once Ken was found the guilt would go away but it hadn't. In fact he felt worse then before.

*I let him down.*

The thought came unbidden into his mind. Somehow Daisuke knew he'd somehow let Ken down. That there was something he should have done differently then he had.

*Maybe...maybe I shouldn't have pushed him away like that.*

He shifted uncomfortably trying to understand what he should do. He left incredibly mixed up right now but one thing he did know now. He had to fix things. Yamato had been right, Ken had never been this upset....

*Yes he has...when wormmon died. When he lost his bestfriend. The only friend he'd had........*

Daisuke realised why Ken had been acting so upset, why he couldnt sleep, why he'd left, why he'd been crying alone at the park.

*He'd lost me.....I was prepared to lose him too until he didn't come back....*

He paused as he realised he'd been mostly upset about their relationship changing, mad that Ken would change what they had.

*But what do we have? He knows everything about me. How lazy I am and how much I eat. What I'm most likely to do in most situations. He knows how much of a dumb ass I can be but has never gotten angry with me or laughed At me.*

Tears stung his eyes as Daisuke realised he almost given up a friend who knew him better then anyone else in the world and..loved him more then anyone else either.

*So what if he loves me a little more then just a friend. Doesn't mean he doesn't love me as a friend too. Besides I.....*

Daisuke's thoughts paused in shock and shuffled away from what he'd been about to say. He couldn't.....liking other guys was wrong. People like that got beat up at school and teased and....
did he really believe that?

*No.*

With a determined sigh Daisuke got up and climbed up the ladder to the top of Ken's bed. Ken wasn't sleeping, he had hi face buried in his pillow and his shoulders where shaking with sobs.

*I did this to him...*

Guilt washed through Daisuke and he pulled himself the rest of the way up. Ken noticed the extra weight on the bed and sat up quickly staring at him with eyes shinning with tears. Daisuke swallowed suddenly unsure of what to say. But then he'd never been good with words...not really. He tended to crew things up more. So he decided to say what was top most on his list of things to say.

"I'm sorry..." he said quietly looking Ken in the eye.

"What for?" Ken asked his voice cracking slightly.

Daisuke blinked wondering what Ken meant. Then remembered Ken's habit of twisting things around until he drowned in his own self pity. A few tears had leaked from his eyes and where making their way down his cheeks, Daisuke reached out to brush them away.

"For making you cry."

Which seemed only to make him cry more. This made Daisuke very confused and he instantly moved beside Ken and wrapped a comforting arm around his shoulders. Ken stiffened and made to move away...confusing Daisuke more.

*What have I done now?*

Ken was shaking his head and trying to move away.

"You shouldn't.....I'm not worth......I can't...I'm sorry....." Ken managed to gasp out and began crying harder.

Daisuke became quite alarmed and didn't let Ken move away. He pulled the slender boy to him, locking Ken in a comforting hug.

"I don't know what you've got your self convinced of but I don't want to hear it! It's dead wrong okay?" Daisuke said knowing Ken had probably told himself some stupid thing only he could believe.

Ken stopped trying to move away and leaned against Daisuke's shoulder shaking his head.

"I'm sorry...." Ken began again ignoring Daisuke's attempt to shush him.

"I'm sorry....that I'm such.....a freak....that I ki....that I kissed you....that I feel this way..." Ken said brokenly each word obviously tearing him up to say.

Mean while Daisuke started to cry himself. He knew Ken had gotten the idea that he was a freak from him. Ken had always been able to read him like an open book and...

"No. Ken, no I'M sorry. That I acted the way I did...that I even thought like that. I was scared, I didn't know what to think." He said holding Ken to him tightly trying to convince the violet eyed boy what he said was true.

"I was a dumb ass. I don't hate you, I don't care anymore that you kissed me! When you didn't come back and it was getting dark. I thought I was going to lose you!" Daisuke continued not letting Ken speak.

"Then I realised I almost lost you anyways! I almost gave you up because I'm too much of a dumb ass to realize your my best friend and I never, ever want to give you up." He stopped talking to wipe at his eyes, still keeping an arm around Ken.

Ken had stopped sobbing and sat back a bit looking at Daisuke in confusion. A question seemed to be hovering about his lips but he didn't say anything, looking hesitant.

"What?"Daisuke asked rubbing at his eyes.

"What were you scared of?"Ken asked a few tears still lingering about his eyes.

Daisuke looked down not sure what to say.

"I was........I........"

There was no way to be sure what he'd been frightened of...because he still was....there was something in him that he didn't want to face. Something that had come out when Ken kissed him. So he stared at Ken's comforter a frown on his face trying to think past his self imposed barrier.

"I think....." Ken said quietly an odd tone in his voice.

A hand reached over and gently tilted Daisuke's head up so he was looking at Ken. His friend looked unsure himself in the half light then before Daisuke could react leaned forward to kiss him gently on the lips.

Daisuke froze shock once again coursing through his mind. He was going to pull back again except Ken's hand was now on his neck pulling him forward and Daisuke felt Ken's tongue slide across his lips before parting them gently.

Another dose of shock as he felt himself respond letting himself be pulled into Ken's arms and surprise as he wrapped shaking arms about Ken. Then the fear fell away and all he was left with was happiness.

He let Ken push him down onto the bed and wrapped his arms around Ken's neck kissing him back now with vigour. Ken pulled back and looked down on him trailing a hand across his cheek.

"Have I ever said how much I love you?" Ken said tears still shinning at the edges of his eyes.

Daisuke just shook his head but smiled.

"Naw...but I think I've always known."He said pulling Ken back down for another of those heart stopping kisses.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Owarii~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There! I was going to have a bit of the next day but...nawwww this works out just as well!!!!! Well did ya like it???Well?Well?Well?Well? Please R&R!^_^ And if ya want another chapter tell me and I'll write it okay!!!I have a few idea's but I wasn't whether to end it here or not so just say if ya want more sap or not!!!^_^ It'll be from Ken's POV of course.