Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Rebel Girl ❯ Locked in ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TEN
 
“Guys, I mean it… put me down!!” Davis growled.
 
“Davis, trust us!” Matt growled. “This is for your own good.”
 
The walked into the store where Serena was waiting for them, and Davis could also see Kari, struggling to break free from the grips of Sora, Mimi, and Yolei. “Come on… let me go already!” she growled.
 
Serena seeing that they were both here opened the door to the storage closet. “Toss them in guys.” she said.
 
“What?!”
 
“No! No, no, no!”
 
They tossed Davis and Kari into the closet, shut the door and locked it good and tight from the outside so they couldn't get back out again. Kari and Davis pounded on the door, demanding to be let out, but the guys weren't backing down.
 
“You two are going to get back to normal one way or the other.” Tai called. “and the first thing you're going to do is talk to each other and come up with something once and for all.”
 
Kari and Davis kept on pounding the door so hard, the lock was bouncing in the stress. “Let us out of here!” Kari growled. “Come on, this isn't funny!”
 
“We're serious now!” Davis yelled. “Lets us out right now, or we'll break down the door.”
 
Suddenly they realized they were both pounding on the door together, and their eyes met. The just stared at each other for a moment and then turned away hastily, both keep as much distance from each other as they could in the cramped storage room.
 
They didn't bother to look at each other, or speak… they were just too embarrassed.
 
15 minutes past since they stopped pounding on the door. “Its awful quiet in there.” Matt said. “What do you think they're up to?”
 
“Well, whatever it is… they're not coming out of there until they make up.” Tai said. The others all agreed, and just held their grounds continuing to watch over the door.
 
 
Back in the closet…
 
Davis and Kari were still sitting at opposite corner-sides. Neither of them daring to go near or even look at each other. Well they occasionally rolled their eyes over for a split second.
 
“Kari sure is being awful quiet over there.” Davis thought. “What am I going to do? I can't just resolve this whole thing with her… can I?”
 
Kari eventually rolled her eyes towards Davis. “What am I going to do?” she thought. “How am I going to tell him?”
 
Kari had been thinking it over lately, and she even spoke with Jun and Joe in a sort of, psychology session, and she reached a way to help things, but first she and Davis really had to make up, and she wasn't sure either of them were ready.
 
They just sat where they were, still not wanting to make the first move. They knew they wouldn't get out until they at least started to talk, but neither of them knew exactly what to do or say.
 
Kari suddenly noticed a horrible rash on Davis' earlobe. Obviously it from when he and TK had that fight in the street and TK pulled off his earrings. “So… do they hurt?” Kari asked.
 
Dais turned to face her at last with confusion in his eyes, Kari began twiddling her fingers thinking she just screwed up big time, but Davis actually responded. “It's no big deal…” he said as he held his hand to his ear. “It'll go away.”
 
Kari shook her head in pity. “He really shouldn't have done that to you.” she said.
 
Davis wasn't so sure. “I don't know… I mean I was kind of acting like a jerk.” he said. “And he was awful mad for me testing him.”
 
Kari still thought TK had no right to act that way. “Davis… look… I really think its for the best that we not talk about TK right now.”
 
“Why not? He's your boyfriend, isn't he?”
 
Kari knew this wasn't going to be easy to say, but she had to do it now. “Davis… I don't think I'll be going out with just TK anymore.” she said.
 
Davis' eyes widened slightly. “What?”
 
Kari nodded her head and told him about the session she had with Jun and Joe… “They actually want us to start dating, and give it a try.”
 
Davis winced. “What? You got be kidding me?” he said. “They want you… to date me while you're still TK's girl?”
 
Kari nodded.
 
Apparently, Joe and Jun had studied as much as they could, and suggested that if Davis couldn't be happy without Kari, and Kari didn't really want to leave TK… the only option was… cross-dating.
 
This way, Davis could at least share her, and still have some time with her. Also, Kari would be able to make up her mind to decide which of them she really wanted to be with once and for all.
 
Davis didn't know what to say, he was in total shock. “I mean… what about TK, does he even know about this?”
 
“Yes, I do.” TK called from outside the door. “Hey, I wasn't so sure of it anymore than you were but, it's for the best, and we are trying to help things get better with us.”
 
Davis really wasn't sure of this now. He would rather have Kari to himself, but seeing as how it would try and help things… not to mention at least get them out of the closet.
 
“Okay… you guys win. I'll give it a shot.” he said. “But why do I have a feeling I'm going to regret this later.” he thought to himself.