Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Rebel Girl ❯ Drastic Measures ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER NINE
 
Davis was lying awake in bed that night, still unable to figure out what to do. He had earlier received a call from Serena that if he was ready he could go back to work. Only, he still didn't feel too keen on going back to work at “Spin-This”
 
Now that he could no longer scare girls away with his song, legally… girls would start crushing on him and bothering him again.
 
However, Kari was right as well. He couldn't just keep doing this to himself. Sure he had fun rocking the nights, but it was more agony than it was fun. Staying up late and getting all wired up so he could get much sleep.
 
He did usually blame the girls for that, but he really should've blamed himself. Now at least 20 girls had been humiliated and really had a few bones to pick with him each. How was he going to confront them and male up for what he did?
 
…and that wasn't his only problem.
 
“Kari.” he muttered to himself. “What am I going to do about her?”
 
Meanwhile
 
Kari was also lying awake in bed trying to decide what actions she could take to help Davis and get things back to normal, but so far, all her ideas would end up making things worse for one or the other.
 
She knew Davis still liked her, and he did just admit to her that she was all he ever wanted, but still he relationship with TK was only on pause, and not officially over, and there was no way she could actually have them both.
 
It seemed no matter what she thought, Davis' question remained stuck in her mind. What do you need… What do you need?” Well, she knew what she wanted… but that didn't help anything. What she wanted, was not what she desired.
 
She went to sleep still thinking about what to do.
 
The next day
 
No one had heard from Davis or Kari… the two of them were still acting as though they didn't know who they were anymore. TK even tried to call Kari but she still didn't feel like talking to him.
 
Even the mall was starting to lose it's charm. Serena tried to call Davis again, but he didn't return her call. She was really getting worried about him. Even the customers missed him a lot
 
“Spin-This” music had fallen into a dry-spell of downright boredom without Davis around to brighten things up. Even though he had been unstable, he did have great tastes in music. The perfect tunes to brighten up the mood.
 
Still… with Davis gone, things had been a little too quiet and dull, and even now, all the girls whom Davis had scared away… well, no one knew quite how, but… the actually missed Davis' song.
 
Sure they were still a little mad at him for publicly humiliating them, but then again, some of them did start to realize maybe they were pushing Davis to the edge. They did ask him out and he said “No” several times over.
 
Now, they had that Rebel Girl song he made up stuck in their heads. True they could get the CD with the music from “Spin-This”, but no available lyrics. Even though the girls knew their lines, the majority of the song had to come from Davis.
 
The gang, except for Kari, and Davis, was all gathered in the food-court gazing around at everyone's bored expressions. “Gee… and I remember this mall used to be fun.” Mimi said.
 
“You'd think it's as if everyone actually misses having Davis around.” said Matt, and then he realized. “What am I saying? We do miss him.”
 
They asked Tai how things were going between Davis and Kari. “Not good.” he said. “I talked to Davis, and told him how its safe for him to come out, but he's still not too keen on it.”
 
Everyone had a good feeling why…
 
“Well what are we supposed to do about it?” asked TK. Everyone looked up surprised to hear him say that. “We can't just let Davis keep falling apart like this.”
 
“Yeah, but like, what are going to do?” Sora asked. “Those two are about ready to snap in two. Their acting like their afraid of their own shadows.”
 
Everyone took a minute to think about it, and then Yolei had a sneaky idea. She motioned everyone to come close and whispered her idea. It was so crazy it would probably work.
 
“Just one thing…” Izzy said. “Look, I hate being a wet blanket and all, but how exactly are we going to get them to do it?”
 
Tai and Jun winked at each other. “Who said they have a choice?” Tai said wickedly.
 
“You just leave it to us.” added Jun.
 
The others even agreed to help.
 
Later on
 
Davis was had gotten out of his room at last for a breath of air on the balcony. It had taken his eyes a little bit to get used to seeing the sunlight without his shades on.
 
He knew it was safe for him to head back to the mall, but even though people missed him, and had no intention of picking bones with him, but he still felt rather uncomfortable.
 
It wasn't that he didn't trust anyone, but it was rather the fact that he didn't know what to do if Kari still wanted to be with TK, or anyone else. He wasn't up to scaring girls away anymore, but he still preferred to be alone if he couldn't be with Kari.
 
He suddenly shook his head. “Who am I kidding?” he muttered. “That's not going to happen.” Kari wasn't his girl, and would never be his girl, or even want to be his girl. Why else would she choose TK over him?
 
Suddenly, Davis heard a knock at the door. It was Tai, Matt, Joe, and Ken. The moment he opened the door the jumped on him. “GET HIM!!”
 
“HEY!! What the--”
 
They boys began grunting and struggling as they picked Davis up and carried him off. “Hurry… get him to the door!! Get him outside!”
 
Davis put up a big fuss. “Let me out, you guys! Let me go!!” but they didn't let him down, and they carried him all the way to the mall, and right to “Spin-This”