Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ School Controls ❯ Problem With Rika ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Digimon: Season 3

School Controls

By: Mezuno: Anime Reader

Chapter 3

Problem With Rika

It was seven o' clock in the morning, Takato and Henry were running to school. Fortunately, Terriermon was still asleep when Henry left, and now Henry was a few yards ahead of Takato. Henry continued to run towards the school, boy, was he late! He ran right through the school gates, running through the bushes, then stopping in front of the open door. He blinked, what were those grey gassy, tenticle-like things coming out of the building? "Huh? Did somebody cut the cheese?" Henry asked no body inparticular, and when he said this, he meant to say, "Did somebody fart?" He slowly neared the building, but he then realized that the gas was coming towards him. He made a disgusted look, and backed away from the building. The gas didn't go into any other direction, just at him. He got a bit scared and started to run pretty fast towards the gates to run out and find Takato, but it was gaining on him. He turned his head to see it, "Sheesh! What Is That?!" He continued running, he then thought of going into the bushes. Na, that wouldn't be a good hiding place. He growled under her breath, turning his head again, it was just to close!! "GGAAAAHHH!!!!!!!" Henry yelled, the gas getting to him.

Takato froze in his spot, was that Henry yelling? He slowly walked to the gates of the school, seeing Henry flat on the ground. Takato neared Henry and spoke, "Henry? What happened?" Henry slowly got up, he turned to Takato. Takato's eyes widened, Henry's eyes were pure grey! "Wha.... Henry, what's wrong with your eyes?" he asked, blinking. Henry looked to the ground and to the right, then he replied, "It's nothing, just an eye condition. We better get to class before we're late enough to stand outside...." After saying this, Henry walked into the building. Takato blinked, taking one step towards the building, then stopping and muttering, "Wow, this eye condition is really spreading around to everyone this week...." He shrugged it off and walked into the building.

Mezuno Otsuka roamed the halls, searching for Shawn Okuma. Just as she turned a corner, she saw Takato ahead of her. She smiled and ran towards him, "Hey Takato!" Takato stopped, turning around, and seeing Mezuno run towards him, "Hey Mezuno!" As Mezuno glomped Takato with a huge hug, Rika turned a corner, seeing the hug. Her eyes widened, the pure purpleness slowly fading, but it would try to slowly come back. Rika shut her eyes tightly, running back around the corner, and running into the girls bathroom. She ran to the sink, which had a mirror just over the top of it. She opened her eyes, and they were back to normal, but when she looked at herself through the mirror, she would gasp. Her eyes were fogged up with lavender purple, and she had the body of a black Renamon. She backed away, and ran into one of the bathroom stalls. In her head, the scene of Mezuno jumping onto Takato for a hug would play over and over in her head.

Mezuno had let go of Takato, and smiled, "Takato, thank you so much for letting my team and me meet your's! We've never attended such an important meeting before!" Takato sweatdropped and responded, "Well, you're welcome, I guess. Anyway, I didn't know you came to this school!" "Well, ya better believe it! Plus, I think you should know that strange things happen around this school, and I came to give you this." Mezuno spoke, taking a card out of her pocket. She handed it to Takato, Takato took it, seeing that it was the Golden Shield card. "Why would I need this?" he asked, a confused look on his face. "Well, in case Guilmon needs it, and I'd suggest you put that around yourself before you enter the school. You don't want to end up walking so stiffly like them, do you?" Mezuno asked, but she shook her head, "I'll see you later in the park. Bye!" Mezuno walked off to Science class, but on the way, she found Shawn tip toeing to Math class, "SHAWN!!!!" Shawn stopped suddenly, looking to Mezuno. He would yell and run away, running into the closed Science classroom door. Mezuno walked over to him, slowly peeling him off of the door. She opened the door, walking in with Shawn over her head, she then closed the door. Takato just blinked, "I guess he's scared of her....?"

Takato began to walk towards Math class, but as he passed the bathrooms, the girls door opened and somebody ran into him, making the papers the girl was carrying fly everywhere. "Oops! I'm so sorry!" Takato apologized, picking up a bunch of the papers and putting them into a stack. The girl picked up a few of them, putting them on his stack. There was only one more to be picked up, and they both reached for it, their hands touching. Takato blushed, then looked to the girl. Seeing who it was made him blush even more, "Oops, sorry Rika ...." Rika was also blushing, she picked up the paper and put it on the stack. Her eyes were normal, she picked up the small stack and shook her head, "No problem, Gogglehead. Just don't do it again, ok?" Takato nodded, getting up from the floor, and helping her up, "Are you going to come to the park later?" Rika's eyes widened, what ever was trying to take control of her was trying it again, Rika quickly said "Yes!!" and ran off. Takato blinked, staring after her, "O......k......"

After school, Mezuno and Shawn walked home together, Takato walked home with a weird Henry, and Rika began to slowly walk home. *Wha.... What the heck was that in the mirror? I know that wasn't me.... But... The mirror is supposed to reflect my image in it, so why'd it do that black Renamon instead?* Rika asked herself in her head. Inside her body lay the black Renamon, its purple eyes glowing. Could it be preparing to release itself again? You'll have to find out next time....

To Be Continued....