Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Silent Realization ❯ Prologue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Silent Realization

Prologue

By KellyQ



Disclaimer: This takes place during a fight with Cherubimon he takes Takuya's data leaving only his goggles and hat behind and the bad part is that Takuya and Kouji just announced their love for each other leaving a broken hearted loner and a brunette that has no memory of who his is but only remembers a soft voice ....

I sat away from the fireplace, my hands behind my head looking at everyone…then my eyes fell on one ...

Takuya Kanbara.

I frowned, but that didn't cause me to have a spark of jealousy, it was when my eyes followed his gaze to see that he was looking at Tomoki softly. What would Takuya have with Tomoki? *I have a brother and most of the time we can't stand each other* I remembered hearing him say.

I scowled at my self-wondering why I had forgotten what he told me. He had said that he did have a little brother...I wonder how old his little brother is? Speaking of brothers, my eyes wonder over to where Kouichi lay...right between Izumi and Junpei.

I couldn't help but smile at that, as my eyes shifted back to Takuya to see that his spot was empty. I got to my feet, feeling a knot in my stomach as I looked around.

"Takuya…where are you?" I called out but he didn't respond.

I started to walk into the darkness narrowing my eyes to adjust to the dark. Why do I all of sudden feel scared that something bad is going to happen? Walking quicker, I came to a clearing to see Takuya sitting on the ground and since his back was turned I couldn't see what he was doing…

"I'll never have him...even now...since I've changed my personality he still hasn't noticed me...maybe I should kill myself..."

"No!"

With out even thinking what I was doing I ran up to him as he shot upwards, turning wide-eyed as I flung at him wrapping my arms around him...

"Takuya...I do notice you and the change..."

Takuya stiffened in my touch and that's when I realized what I was doing. Pulling away, I chewed on my lip hoping that my outburst didn't give too much away. Takuya looked at me, searching, making me feel really nervous.

"Kouji...will...will...you...what I mean to say is that...I like you ---"

My heart skipped a couple of beats when he said that. Did that mean that he loved me?

"What...what I mean is that how a guy is suppose to feel for a girl."

My eyes widen as I looked closely at him searching for the truth in what he said. I was brought back to reality when he turned and started to run. Gasping, I started to run after him.

"Takuya wait! Please..."

"No - just leave me alone!"

"Please...just hear me out..."

Fear.

That was all I was feeling at the moment as I tried to catch up to him. What if he tries to kill himself without knowing how I feel?

"Takuya please...come out...there's a few things I need to tell you."

I turned around when I heard footsteps from behind to see Takuya stepping out of the shadows looking very ashamed and miserable when suddenly screaming came from the camp site. Being the noble leader that Takuya was, he was the first to take off running.

When we got there I was expecting that Izumi flipped out for no reason but standing before us was Cherubimon! The others all ready have Spirit Evolved. Takuya and I looked at each other sternly as we both got out our D-tectors when...

"Storm of Judgment!"

Great bolts of energy came down. Everyone moved out of the way but me.

"Kouji, look out!"

It was Takuya. I pivoted as he lunged for me and we both went crashing to the ground. My eyes shot open to see that Takuya had taken the hit for me...but what scared me the most was that his data was showing, and it was heading for Cherubimon's lifted awaiting hand.

Taking action, I went to leap but his Takuya just shook his head and smiled...

"I love you Kouji..."

"I ..I love you too..." I whispered without thinking.

Then something inside me snapped as I cried out letting out all the pain I was feeling out dropping to my knees looking at was left of Takuya's: Goggles and hat.

To Be Continued