Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Silent Realization ❯ Chapter One: All over Again ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter One: All over Again

By KellyQ



I took small bits of my food...for the first time in awhile, I sat with the others and stared at the fire. I glanced at the others to see they where looking into the fire as well...and for the first time I realized that others cared about Takuya just as much. I was so much in thought that I didn't realize that my brother put his hand on my shoulder causing me to jump a little.

"Kouji, are you sure you're alright," he asked as I looked his way to see concern in his eyes, "you know we're here if you need us, right?"

"That's right," Izumi spoke up, "we're your friends and friends look after one another at times like these."

"Thanks but right now, I'm going to go for a walk..."

"Okay," Kouichi said as I got up, "just be careful…with that sneaky Digimon around...he can jump out at any time."

I cocked my head side to side as if to say 'I-get-the-point-'. I knew my brother was saying all that cause he cares, but right now I want to be alone.

I got up and started to walk into the darkness letting my mind wonder not realizing that my feet came to the river bank, and sat down on a rock and lifted the goggles, looking at them. I ran my finger around it when I heard an awful sound that sounded like someone was crying out in pain.

I swiftly turned around and froze. My eyes met green/yellow. The face was animal like: pointy ears bushy red hair. Each cheek had an up side down one markings. Before my eyes could look at anymore of the creature, we both went crashing to the ground.

It tried to reach into my pocket with a lot of strength. I tried to keep its hands away knowing that my D-tector was in that pocket. With the last ounce of effort, I took a hold of his arms and managed to make us roll a few feet away and this time I was on top of the creature. It turned his head eyeing something. I turned my head to see that it was my D-tector; 'it must've fallen' out of my pocket when we rolled' I thought with a frown.

Before I knew what happened next, the creature had mange to free his hand and strike me really hard across the face sending me to the side. Pure anger welled up with in me knowing that the creature must be working for Cherubimon!

I got to my feet and grabbed a rock and was about to throw it at the creature when a strange soft light came out of my D-tector hitting the creature right in the middle of the forehead causing it to stiffen for a moment.

Once the light was gone, I saw my chance and ran for my D-tector and shouted for my evolution. It wasn't long before I became Lobomon. Once my data was gone I looked sternly ahead to see that the creature was gone and the others where standing there looking quite guzzled.

With a sigh, I powered back down to myself as my brother asked what happened.

"It was that creature again," I said putting a hand where it slapped me, "it all most got my D-tector if it wasn't for Lobomon."

"What did the creature look like? Did you get a good look at its face?" Bokomon questioned.

"It had bushy red hair, and really dark skin with an up side down one markings on his cheek, straps on each of his shoulders, baggy pants and a flaming tail."

Bokomon just looked at me wide eyed for a moment giving me a weird feeling that I didn't like.

"What? Do you know this Digimon?"

Bokomon pulled out his book and flipped throw the book, once he was done, he rotated the book so that we all could see it. The showed what I just saw…exactly what I saw.

"It didn't happen to look this did it," Bokomon questioned pointing to the page as I nodded my head, "oh this is bad! If Cherubimon managed to bring Agunimon back then we're going to have to deal with more bad spirits but the question is how?"

We all stood there for a moment wondering when Neemon broke my thought...

"Takuya's data...didn't Cherubimon take it?"

"You idiot," Bokomon said in a childish manner with a 'know-it-all-face' slapping the book closed, "no human can become Digimon..."

"Are you sure? I mean," Tomoki spoke up, "we're legendary warriors..."

"That's different," Bokomon said his face never changing, "you're using their spirits..."

"I don't know," Junpei cut in, "if Kouji said he saw a Digimon that looked like Agunimon's rookie form then some how must've brought him back...and you'd think he would've learned after what he did with Kouichi."

I turned my head to the right feeling more pain in my heart. We're going to have to do it all over again? The first time was bad enough!

"We better hurry though," My brother spoke up, "if we don't free Takuya soon, he my not come out of it!"

'My not come out of it' I thought not even realizing that I put my hand over my eyes, turned around and started to walk away. *Tell me something. It's obvious that you don't care about your self...but promise me that the others won't get hurt? Because if you can't-you mind as well go home now 'cause I will not let you risk their lives!* I remember telling Takuya that and regretting it ... I still do but even more so now then I did before.

Why didn't you go home? If you did this wouldn't have happened! Why didn't I just move out of the way? Why didn't I just god damn tell him how I felt! Without realizing it, I let out an angry cry kicking up some dirt.

"Brother, calm down," Kouichi said from behind sounding worried.

The next thing I did was the thing I really regretted...I turned around looking at the others with nothing but pure anger.

"Calm down? How can I-I just lost the one thing that ever mattered to me-and you have the nerve to tell me to calm down? Why don't one of you kill yourself and see what it feels like!"

They all looked at me with either pure shock or pain. Finally after a moment, I realized what I just said was something that I didn't really mean at all. With one last look I took off running the other direction.

"Kouji wait!"

I looked over my shoulder to see the others running after me, my brother ahead of the group.

"Kouji please ..."

I stopped knowing it wasn't going to be any good just to run away from the others...

"I know what it feels like to lose someone really dear," my brother said from behind putting his hand on my shoulder, "when my grandmother died I felt that I lost something...apart of my self..."

"I'm sorry…" was all I could say.

To Be Continued ...