Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Silent Realization ❯ Chapter Two: Nightmares ... ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Two: Nightmares ...

By KellyQ



The wind was blowing softly against my face, the wind howling faintly; I was feeling so peaceful…more than I have in a long time. I turned around and my eyes widen to my beast spirit in protective manner. This caused me to frown as I stepped the side to see why he was doing that and I got my answer:

Agunimon's rookie form.

He looked so miserable and out of it. He looked as though he was pleading for Kendogarurumon to do something but what? Then my beast spirit rose his big paw and drove it's long claws right threw Agunimon's rookie form.

My whole body just jolted for a moment. Coming out of my shock, I ran up in front of Agunimon's rookie form after Kendogarurumon moved its paw.

"Kendogarurumon, what are you doing?" I demanded looking at my most trusted spirit with great pain.

"Kouji ---"

The second time my name was repeated it sounded more like my brother's voice. I slowly opened my eyes see him looking very worried. I sat up feeling pain in my heart and tears coming down my face.

"Kouji, are you all right?" He asked with concern still in his eyes.

I just pulled my knees together to my chest mumbled that I just had a bad dream. I had bad dreams like this before but nothing like this; but what did this one mean though? I didn't want to kill the one thing that ever mattered to me; not if I had a choice.

I know that he'll be healed if I did but he would have no memory of who he was or anything like that when he comes back...

"Kouji, are you sure you're all right?"

"Just a bad dream..." I said simply.

I heard my brother sigh as he sat next to me.

"It's okay to admit that you care about Takuya more than just a friend..."

I turned my head and looked at my brother in shock. How could he have known?

"Was it that obvious?"

"I wouldn't worry about Junpei, Izumi and Tomoki...they'll just be glad you and," he paused for a moment.

I couldn't help but smile at my brother knowing that he would understand that I have feelings for a guy

Not just any guy:

Takuya Kanbara.

"You should rest though. You haven't really rested in three days."

"No. I'm okay," I said trying to smile at my brother, "I'm going to go for a walk."

"I'm coming with you."

I just sighed. I had no energy to argue with my brother. I got up and started to walk into the darkness with my brother close behind. We didn't say much though; just walked. Though we didn't get very far, before hearing his horrible sound again. I turned around to see Flamon had my brother pinned to the ground.

I pulled out D-tector ready to do the usual when the staring soft light came out, hitting Flamon right in the chest sending him to the ground wailing in pain. I was about to run, when the others came running with their D-tectors in their hand. I was ready to tell them to stay back but their D-tectors did the same thing including my brothers that was in his hand now.

He cried even more causing me to run toward the light. I had to stop the spirits from turning Flamon into an egg! He was going to loose all his memories...and I didn't want that. I didn't want to loose Takuya again...not when I all ready lost him once.

Running up, I dove right into the light. Closing my eyes; hoping that my body would slam right into Flamon. I slammed into something all right and we came crashing to the ground.

"Kouji!"

Slowly opening my eyes, the first thing I heard was Flamon's heart beating fast and loudly. Getting to my hand and knees I was going to see if Flamon was unconscious when he slammed his hand around my neck merely knocking the wind out of me.

"Takuya...please..." I pleaded trying to pull away, "I know you don't want to hurt Digimon or us..."

I looked into his clouded eyes trying to search for what was left of my once beloved Takuya.

"I know you're in there," I tried again seeing that I couldn't find him anywhere.

We both looked at each other as I put my hand on his wrist. When I did, he pulled away, dropping me suddenly. I landed on my hands and knees catching my breath.

I could still feel his eyes on me. Once I got up, Flamon was looking at me with slight confusion. I extended my hand out hoping that he would take it.

"We're not going to hurt you..."

"That's right," Tomoki spoke up walking toward Flamon, "we're your friends ... we miss you Takuya ..."

"We all do," my brother said walking up to my side, "my brother especially ..."

Flamon looked at me then my hand and back at me. He slowly lifted his hand to mine. My hope started to rise but it fell when he pulled away putting both hands to the other side of his head letting out a mournful cry. Cherubimon must being trying to control him...but I'm not going to let it happen!

I stepped up and in one swift motion, Flamon was in my arms. I tightened my grip when struggled letting out a frustrated sound that sounded like someone with a sore throat.

"Takuya please," I pleated feeling the pain in my heart burn, "you've got to remember...that we where sent here to save the world from Cherubimon and work together ..."

I allowed my head to fall onto his shoulder as tears came down my face and onto Flamon's shoulder. After a moment, I finally looked up and to my surprise he was looking at me mournfully.

"Do you remember?" I asked hopefully.

He just lowered his head as his face turned dark. Fear gripped my heart assuming that he was blaming him self inwardly. I put my hand under his chin to lift his head to see that he had his eyes closed tears coming down his face.

"Takuya I'm not mad at all..." I said softly trying to pull him into an embrace.

He struggled though trying pull away from me; but I didn't let go of him. Takuya struggled harder, making me tightening my grip but I didn't want to hold him to tight. Then suddenly I felt something ram into my side. Letting go, I felt hands grip my neck lift me up and I was thrown.

To Be Continued ...