Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Silent Realization ❯ The only way ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Silent Realizaiton

Chapter Three: The only way

By KellyQ

I slowly opened my eyes, feeling a throbbing pain through my back and head. I turned my head to see my brother looking at with worry.

"Are you okay?"

"A side from having a head-ache, I'm...wait --- where's Flamon?"

"Ran off as soon as he threw you...I'm sorry...I tried to go after him but he was to fast." My brother said lowering his head.

"It's okay..."

"Children..."

I froze for a moment. Was that Lady Ophanimon? I pulled out to see the symbol of the warrior of light was on the screen.

"Children...I know this is hard for you..."

Hard? How could she know? How could she know how I feel that Takuya is now on the side of evil?

"The only way to save him is to purify him."

P-purify? No! I'm not going to do that to Takuya...he'll lose all his memories ---

"Isn't there...I...I mean..."

"No! I'm not going to do it..."

There was long silence when finally Lady Ophanimon deep sad voice came through the D-tector...

"I know how you feel child of light," she said as pure anger started to grow with in me, "it's the only way though," Lady Ophanimon continued as my anger changed to pain, "It's the only way to get the evil out of him."

"He'll lose all his memories..." I said, feeling as though I wanted to die as tears came down my face.

I painfully closed my eyes not even realizing that my D-tector slipped out of my hand landed on the ground as I pulled my knees to my chest resting my head between them allowing the tears to fall; not even realizing that a couple of my tears splattered on my D-tector.

"Kouji..."

I straightened my self out, looking at my D-tector to see that it was Lobomon with a mournful look on his face.

"I know how much you care for Takuya...but it's the only way to save him..."

Now my spirits are against me. I lay to the side, to find that I was lying on my brother's legs, allowing the tears to slide down my cheeks-feeling my brother's hand rubbing up and down my upper shoulder.

"Kouji, we'll try and find a way to free Takuya ---- I know how much you miss him."

Kouichi was always there to trust me when I felt bad. I sat up and dried my eyes with my sleeve as I got up.

"I think I'll go for a walk and I would like to go alone."

I walked away from the others feeling the tears starting fall again as I stumbled into what looked like a clearing not even acknowledging that there was a figure looming over me until laughter rang out, causing me to jump a little. I turned around and was none other than Cherubimon.

"Looks who is here all alone with no one to take the hit for him." He said.

That gave me a flashback of what happen to Takuya because of me. I looked up to him and gave him an angry glare.

"What do you want Cherubimon?" I yelled.

Nothing but pure anger rose with in me since he had taken Takuya away from me. My question was answered when Flamon came out of the shadows and lunged for me! I moved out of the way as quickly as I could. *The only way to save him is to purify him*. I looked at Flamon chewing on my lip. There's got to be away to reach him without having to purify him.

I was so deep in thought that I wasn't brought back to reality until I was pinned to the ground. Looking up Flamon was looking down at me with hate and confusion. I looked at him; just doing so brought tears in my eyes hearing Lady Ophanimon's voice ringing in my ears.

"Takuya...I know you can fight the darkness --- please come back...I really miss you..."

Flamon's expression slowly changed as he pulled away from me, with more confusion on his face. I sat up putting my arms around Flamon holding him close.

"I miss everything: the way you laugh, the bravery, the love, and being able to fight by your side..."

I pulled away slightly looking at him. He then clutched his throat looking as though he trying to say something but his voice was weak, scratchy, and hoarse. Anger started to grow within me but it quickly changed: Cherubimon even took his voice away!

"Ahh-I had enough of this-Storm of Judgment!"

We both looked up to see a bolt of lightning coming for us. I pulled Flamon close and we rolled away three feet away when:

"Ebony Blast!"

I turned my head to Takalowemon landing right in front of the two of us as Cherubimon fell back with a thud.

"You ever come near them again I'll make sure your data is torn."

I blinked several times. I never heard my brother sound so pissed. Cherubimon got up smirking an evil smirk.

"Really, If you do that you'll never know where your friend's good data is...heck," he said raising his hand as data appeared in it, "I could have it right here in my hand."

"I heard enough!"

Takalowemon came charging at Cherubimon using his 'Dark Master' attack. He plowed right through Cherubimon causing the Digimon to howl in pain as he started look as though he was dissolving but no data appeared at all.

Anger started to well up with in again. So that's it! Cherubimon divided Takuya's data, taking out all the goodness out of him. I didn't realize I was tightening my grip on Flamon arms until he let out a hoarse yelp. I turned attention back to Flamon and moved my hands away; as soon as I did, he scrambled back turned and bounded off into the near by bush.

To Be Continued ...