Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Silent Realization ❯ Darkness all around ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Silent Realization

Chapter Five: Darkness all around

By KellyQ

I laid Flamon down on a bed of large leaves, and Junpei started a small fire. Izumi put the meat-apples near the fire while Tomoki allowed me to use his hat for carrying water, and Junpei allowed me to use his handkerchief to clean Flamon.

Flamon howled in pain and kicked while I tried to clean him…holding him close at the same time, and letting him know that everything was alright. I didn't want him to think that I was doing this on purpose. Flamon looked at me with those dead lifeless eyes.

"Light ...?"

"That's right," I smiled sadly, "that's the spirit I have ..."

I couldn't help but move some hair out of Flamon's face; that's when I noticed that he had a slight fever. Getting the handkerchief wet, I reached out when Flamon reached for my shoulders; pulling me down almost on top of him.

"Pain ..."

"I know ...but you'll get better ... you just got to remember. I remember…I remember when we first met on the elevator. When we where stuck on the floating island with Tomoki. When we where fighting Duskmon ..." I whispered in his ear.

I tried to sit up though it was hard since he didn't let go of me. Putting my arms around him, I held him close. I closed my eyes as I sighed inwardly.

"And that I said some things that really hurt you," I continued, "I never really meant them. My pride was talking, not my heart."

My eyes shifted a little to the right to see that a tear rolling down Flamons cheek. I pulled away slightly whipping the tear away from his eyes. I tried to lay him down but he wouldn't let go of me...

"I'll be right here..."

"Cold---darkness---"

I pulled off my coat and lay it on top of him, hoping it would help him. It didn't though and he still shivered. Causing some of the things that where in my pocket fall out: my D-tector and his goggles.

I took my D-tector just as Flamon turned his head. That's when the same soft light came out of my D-tector. One moment letter, more light came right past me. I turned my head to see that the others where holding out their D-tectors.

I looked back at Flamon to see to see that a ball of light had formed around him. It wasn't long before the light started to get bigger causing me to shield my eyes.

Once it was safe to see, I looked around to see nothing but darkness; negative feelings and mental pain all around me. I looked around and spotted something in the darkness. Walking up toward it, and shivering along the way.

Is this what darkness really feels like? Cold and empty? There where times when I felt empty, but never cold. Though, I never felt that way anymore since I made real friends.

Friends who care…friends who are willing to stay by your side no matter who or what you are. It took me awhile to see that until Takuya showed me that I don't have to be alone.

He and my Digimon Spirits showed me that. I stopped and closed my eyes feeling something warm in my heart. That's what I liked about Takuya, he always had courage. He showed that he wasn't scared of anything but loosing me.

Could that be it? Could that be the real reason why he did what he did? Because he was afraid of loosing me? Takuya didn't really have to be afraid of losing me he is my friend, best friend. So are the others.

They are his friends too!

I opened my eye to see that I was standing in front of what looked like two spirits, BurningGreymon and Agunimon. Surrounded by darkness. That's when I realized something; that if I where to purify him:

He was to see the light!

I reached out taking a gentle hold of the spirits holding them close, feeling Takuya's soul in them: the courage and love for everything. I closed my eyes, letting everything pass through my heart. I opened my eyes again, not even realizing that I was holding Flamon in my arms until I looked down to see that I was cradling him in my arms. Lying horizontally in my lap but I was holding him really close to me. Until I looked down to see that I was holding him close. He had his arms around me too, that caused me to smile as I rested my head against his. That's when I realized that he wasn't shaking at all, and his forehead didn't feel warm anymore.

I looked down at him to see that he was looking at me too. His eyes were now yellow/green and full of life, but pain was showing in them. He looked at everyone, his lower lip starting to tremble as he covered his face with his hands and started to let out muffled sobs. I pulled him close rocking him back and forth.

"Shhh," I whispered in his ear closing my eyes feeling a tear coming down my cheek, "It's okay. I'm here now. Things will get better."

Flamon shook his head as I felt my yellow shirt dampen. I pulled him off me so we could look at each other for a moment, to see nothing but pain his eyes. Looking closer, I could tell that he was trying to tell me something.

"What is it?"

"Ch..cherubimon...said...don't...like..."

"Of course we do." Izumi started as she bent down putting her hand Flamon's shoulder.

"Why do you think we went through all this trouble if we didn't care about you?" Kouichi asked.

Flamon looked down with shame and closed his eyes and breathed out one word that really hit me.

"Purify...me."

To Be Continued ...