Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Silent Realization ❯ My weakness ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Silent Realization

Chapter Six: My weakness

By KellyQ

Flamon looked down with shame and closed his eyes, breathing out one word that really hit me.

"Purify...me."

He was now looking at me with a look of pleading in his green/yellow eyes that still held a lot of pain, regret and shame.

"But...you'll lose your memories...and I'll lose you...if I do that ..."

He then took my hand and placed it on his chest and smiled at me.

"Love..."

"But---"

The feeling of pain was like hot water pouring over my heart. Why are you doing this to me, Takuya? Do you know how much pain you bring me?

"I lost you once, Takuya and I don't want to lose you again." I said feeling something wet coming down my cheek, "please don't make me..."

"Mem...memories...hurt..." He said in a weak horse voice pointing to his chest.

"We're not mad for what you did," I said looking back at the others to see a glint of hate in their eyes as I turned back to look at Flamon, "Try and think of all the good memories of your family and how much they love you..."

I paused when he closed his eyes as I leaned closer and continued to whisper in his ear....

"Try and remember the good memories we all shared...the good memories the two of us shared with each other...."

Flamon let out a whimper as I looked at him to see shame and humiliation in his eyes. I cupped his face, rubbing his cheek with my thumb.

"Takuya, I didn't really mean any of those things I said...it was my pride that was really talking, not my heart...."

I paused again to see that his expression had changed. A slight smile on his face caused his eyes to soften, tears coming down his face.

"I was just worried that someone would get hurt...I didn't mean for it to sound like it did."

Flamon smiled sadly at me as his eyes changed to pleading. I heard a sigh from the right. I turned my head to see my brother nodding his head as though he was saying that I needed to purify Takuya.

"Kouji, he wont really lose his memories," Bokomon said, "your D-tector purify his data and will send it back to him..."

"I thought when someone's data is taken, and they are reborn, they don't have any memories of their past life."

"That's only when their data is taken and returned to the owner, then yea; they'll not remember. Padamon was lucky-he got his data back since Takuya made it possible. Right Takuya?"

Flamon just nodded his head chewing on his lower lip. I lowered my head in defeat, just letting my hands drop to my side. Then I frowned in confusion…I thought I did purify him. I guess I didn't. I looked up to Flamon to see nothing but longing in his eyes.

"I can't, Takuya ... I'm sorry."

With that, I got up turned and ran out of the cave. I had to get out of there. Seeing Flamon in pain was like watching a suffering animal pleading to be put out of its misery. Takuya was no animal: his data was only taken and used for the side of evil. Nothing more. Though, everyone does have another chance to live.

My thoughts where broken when I felt a sudden chill run through me. I turned to the right and standing right in front of me, was none other than Cherubimon. All I did was look up at him with nothing but a stare.

"So, are you willing to give your spirit to me?"

I just lowered my head, not really caring what happened next. If Cherubimon does do something, then at least I'm not bring any more pain to Takuya.

Though being proven wrong, does come back to haunt you.

I still stood there, until Flamon came up half running half limping. My eyes widened as he stood in front of my in a protective manor. What the hell is he doing? That's when I realized that he was trying to protect me. Why? Why would he do that after I said I didn't want to heal him?

The two had a stare down, until Cherubimon looked squarely at me. I turned my head and stuffed my hands in my pockets. I was about to say something when Takalowemon came running up.

He came charging up using his Ebony Blast attack. I took hold of Flamon and we made a brake for it. We didn't get very far though when I heard a cry: a cry out of pain. I turned to see data coming out of Cherubimon's arm, Takalowemon lying on his side unconscious. The data came right for Takuya; sending the both of us to the ground.

I didn't remember much after that, other than hearing a lot of screaming, and shouting. I do remember hitting my head when the two of us hit the ground.

It wasn't long before I started to hear worried voices. I slowly started to become aware of what was going on around me, feeling the back part of my arm sting; my head throbbing-and I was going to have a little talk with my brother.

I slowly opened my eyes, and the first thing I saw was Kouichi's worried face. The next thing I did was sit up and wrapped my arms around him silently thanking the spirits that he was safe. Speaking of spirits-I looked around after hugging my brother and my eyes fell on a figure. My heart skipped a beat to see that it was Takuya.

He was back to normal.

To Be Continued ...