Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Sins of the Innocent ❯ Terror in the Night ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I state no claim to the popular anime Digimon. I'm merely writing a fan fictional story using the characters. I do, however, claim the plot and ask that no one write a sequel or story dealing with this particular piece of work without my consent. Thank you-

Sins of the Innocent

By: Ssj_hotaru

Terror in the Night

Mimi's eyes snapped open and widened in fear. "Hurry! Hey wake up! WAKE UP!!!" Tai yelled frantically while Greymon battled a tall, vampire looking Digimon. The group came awake one by one and gapped in disbelief at the two Digimon.

"It's Myotismon!" Sora screamed.

"Oh you think." Jyou said sarcastically from behind her.

"But I thought we beat that Dracula wannabe!?" Mimi half asked, half shrieked from beside Sora.

Takeru sat beside Hikari and they both watched in silence as Greymon digivolved to MetalGreymon and fired his Giga Blasters at Myotismon. Taichi's eyes widened in distress, "Hey, I could sure use some help about now!" He yelled as Myotismon effortlessly swatted the attack aside.

"Right!" Everyone said while Mimi stood off to the side with Palmon and watched in horror.

***

"Byomon digivolve to…Birdramon."

"Gomamon digivolve to…Ikokumon."

"Tentomon digivolve to…Kabutarimon."

"Patamon digivolve to…Angemon."

"Gatomon digivolve to…Angewoman."

***

Mimi, eyes wide with terror, didn't dare turn away when the other Digimon jumped forward to attack but where all knocked back by Myotismon's Grizzly Wing.

"Is that the best you've got? I thought you were all the mighty digidestined." He sneered.

That voice, Mimi thought, that's not Myotismon's voice! It's a trick! Mimi had an idea.

"Hey Koushiro!" She jumped up and down waving her arms to get his attention. "KOUSHIRO!!!" She screamed as loud as could. Koushiro turned and looked at her.

"What is it?" He yelled from on the other side of Myotismon.

"Look at your computer thingy!" She yelled back. Koushiro gave her a funny look but took his computer out of its carrier and clicked on the Digimon analyzer. He looked at the monitor in confusion.

Instead of Myotismon, it showed an orangeish blob called Illusionmon. "How did she-" He was cut off as a scream ripped through the sounds of battle, causing all noise to cease but the creature's evil laugh and Mimi's helpless whimpers.

Everyone stared at her helplessly where she was held infront of him like a shield, his clawed hands digging into her waist. "Mimi!" Jyou screamed. Mimi cracked one eye and looked at him, then clenched her eyes shut and screamed as pain spread from her waist to her fingers and toes and she fought to escape him.

He laughed deep in his throat and leaned his head against hers. "You're all weak, hardly worthy of my time, I should just kill you all. But… "He drawled, "I could have fun with this one." The Digimon turned his head against hers and flicked a purple tongue along her temple. Mimi's brows furrowed in disgust and she struggled more violently than before.

"I don't think so!" A familiar voice spoke up from behind him. Myotismon turn in time to see MetalGarurumon's Metal Wolf Claw hit him in the side. He screamed and released Mimi, who crumpled to the ground bonelessly, as the digimon turned to ice and fell apart. Matt ran to Mimi and knelt beside her. "Are you okay?" He asked, helping her to a sitting position.

"No!" She sobbed, "He…he… That thing touched me!" She clenched the green fabric of his shirt in both hands and buried her face against his chest as she started to cry, her whole body shaking convulsively.

Matt looked down at her in surprise, what ever he'd been expecting; it wasn't for her to literally cry on his shoulder, he groped for something to say to bring her out of her hysteria while at the same time giving in to an impulse and wrapping his arms protectively around her trembling frame. "Hey Mimi, it's oka-" He was interrupted by the laughing voice of that thing that had looked like Myotismon.

"You may have one this battle digidestined, but next time, I wont underestimate you!" The blob hanging in midair laughed again.

Taichi stepped forward with Takeru and Hikari beside him. "We'll be waiting!" He challenged, clenching a fist at the orange thing.

"This isn't over!" It said again, this time with none of the humor that had laced it's voice before. He looked down at Matt and Mimi sitting huddled beneath him. "I have unfinished business to settle with you two. I'll be back." Then it floated away, rippling slightly as it cackled insanely.

"You're not going to stop it Taichi?" Hikari asked, looking up at her big brother.

"Nah, it's just got a stick in its ear or something." He said smiling.

"If it even has an ear." Sora added and everyone laughed nervously at her joke. Everyone that is but Matt and Mimi, and Jyou who stood watching the two of them sitting on the ground alone.

Matt stood up, helping Mimi to her feet; he smiled warmly and she manage to force a teary smile in return, wiping her eyes with the back of her hand. "Matt…" she started shakily, but he hurried to interrupt her.

"Well, goodbye Mimi." He said, patting her on the shoulder. Her smile faded.

"You're leaving! Where are you going?"

"Who knows." He said, then winked at her and turned to walk away with MetalGarurumon, not even stopping to look back.

Takeru ran up beside Mimi and waved to his brother's retreating back. "Bye Matt! Thank you! See you soon!" He called after he had already vanished into the shadows of the surrounding trees.

As soon as Matt left, the spirits dampened again. The laughing stopped, there was no more sad attempts at a joke, only everyone looking at the ground in some conscious agreement not to look at each other. Jyou was the first to speak, his words weren't meant to be reassuring, just to get everyone back to reality.

"So whose watch is it?" Everyone raised their eyes and looked questioningly at one another.

"It's mine." Mimi said quietly, walking back to join the group.

"No, it's mine." Sora announced firmly, casting Mimi a worried glance. Mimi looked at her friend thankfully but shook her head.

"That's okay Sora, I can do this." Sora's concern grew.

"But Mimi… Are you sure?" Mimi smiled at Sora.

"I'll be all right. You all should get some sleep." She looked them all in the eyes. "You all look so tired." She said, still smiling. All but Sora and Jyou nodded their agreement and reluctantly went to look for comfortable sleeping spaces.

"I'll stay up with you for a while, keep you company." Sora volunteered, looking at Jyou's reluctant face.

"You really don't have to Sora, I'm fine… Really." Mimi said, sitting down on a log by the fire.

"It'll make me feel better if I could." Sora insisted.

"Well… If it'll make you happy…" Mimi replied dully, staring sadly into the flames. Jyou smiled shyly at Sora and mouthed a thank you. She smiled back and winked at him, causing him to blush and hurry off to find a sleeping place of his own. Sora shook her head, her smile still lingering on her face despite her misgivings, as she sat down beside Mimi, her mind full of questions she was just dying to know the answers to.