Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Soccer Freak ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hi! *ducks to avoid tomato's * I know, I know… I'm sorry it took so long… but I'm still battling a major writers block… and I had some problems at work that absorbed all my time. But I finally found some time to write…

And I want to thank the people who reviewed! Thanks to: Bishounen Taurus, KellyQ, SillyJilly, Luna Wolf aka Matt4ever, Bird of Fire, Catgirl Rahen, nEo-cHaN, Sanura-sama, Lil Yaten Fea, Redvind, Anna-Neko, Anime Writer2, PrinsessSwifty, Az-Strawberry, Absolute Tai lover and Sakura blossoms4.

Yama: unfortunately…

Taichi: What did you do to my dad? He isn't that violent you know..

Sillie: I know… it's all for the story, you know…

Taichi: Right…

Sillie: Anyway… let's begin. Taichi?

Taichi: Oh! The disclaimer… Sillie doesn't own Digimon or it's characters…

Sillie: * looks sad * yeah… * sniffs *

Soccer Freak (chapter 4)

For a few seconds, it seemed time was standing still. They stared in each others eyes, and Tai could clearly see the anger burning in his fathers eyes.

The spell was broken when his father strode forwards, and grabbed the front of his jacket tightly. He was yanked forward so their noses touched.

"Where were you?" his father growled. "You where supposed to come home right after school!"

Tai swallowed. He felt his mouth go dry as he stuttered to give an answer. "Euh.. t-two teacher where s-sick, so we where out early… I-I went to the park with a-a friend…"

His fathers eyes narrowed. "Let me guess… You forgot about the time?" Tai nodded, to afraid to say anything.

Suddenly he was thrown backwards, and he hit his back against the wall with a groan. "You're so stupid! You can't even be home on time! Do you remember what important event is going to take place in two weeks?"

Tai was staring at his dad with big eyes. This wasn't his dad… his dad wouldn't hurt him…

* Slap! *

Tai's head reared to the side, and a coppery taste filled his mouth. "I asked you something, or are you to stupid to answer?!" his dad hissed. "Well, let me tell you… The championship game is going to take place in two weeks… and in case you forgot that too, your team is in it!"

Tai was looking at the ground, his head still to the side. A small trail of blood trailed down his chin from his split lip. He didn't dare to move though, and he stood frozen against the wall. He was trying hard to blink away the tears who so desperately wanted to fall.

His breath hitched as rough fingers grabbed his chin, and turned his head to face his father. "So you need to train! From now on, no more hanging out with friends. You need to catch up on the trainings you missed. So for the upcoming two weeks, you come straight home, and we go training for the game. Is that understood?"

Tai's eyes widened. Not hanging out with Yama for two weeks? "But dad…" The fingers grabbed his chin tighter. "Do I make myself clear?!" His dads voice took on a threatening tone, and Tai shuddered.

"Yes.." He answered in a hoarse voice. His dad turned abruptly, and walked away without another word.

Tai slid down the wall, and wrapped his arms around his legs, hugging them against his chest. He felt how the tears started to fall, and buried his head in his arms, sobbing silently.

~*~

Matt was unusually cheerful as he was walking towards school. He couldn't wait to see his lovely Tai again. As he entered the school grounds, he saw that it was still really quiet. He glanced at his watch and groaned. He was way to early…

This was going to be a long wait… He slowly made his way towards the lockers, when suddenly something, or should we say someone, caught his eye.

"Taichi!"

Tai was leaning against the lockers, his back turned at Matt's direction. Matt frowned. What was Tai doing at school so early? He called again, as it seemed Tai hadn't heard him the first time.

He saw Tai tense and then turn slightly to wave at him. He kept his head down though, and Matt furrowed his brow further. Something was wrong, he could feel it.

He stood still in front of Tai, but when no reaction came, he slowly stretched out a hand , and lifted Tai's head. Then his eyes went wide, and he gasped. "Taichi! What happened to your face?!"

Matt could see a big, ugly bruise on the left side of tai's face. He could also see that Tai had a split lip. Tai didn't respond and tried to turn his face away from Matt. This made Matt a little angry. He was Tai's boyfriend now, so why wouldn't he tell?

"Damnit Tai! Talk to me! Who did this to you?" He saw Tai flinch at his hard words, and he immediately regretted them. "I'm sorry Taichi… I'm just worried… I hate to see you hurt…"

Brown orbs turned to blue. "I euh…" Tai stuttered in a soft voice, "…It was my dad…"

Matt blinked in surprise. "Your dad? But…why?" Tai swallowed. "Dad was waiting for me yesterday…" Waiting for him? Why would Tai's dad be waiting for him? Matt wondered. Then his eyes widened a little. The soccer training! They had forgotten all about it! He turned his attention back to Tai, and noticed he had started to shake a little.

Tai's voice wavered a bit as he continued. "He was angry… grabbed me by my jacket… Threw me against the wall when he found out I had totally forgot about soccer practice… He asked if I knew which event was going to take place in two weeks, and when I didn't reply, he slapped me…" Tai's shaking got worse, and he lowered his head again.

When he continued, his voice was so soft, Matt had to strain to hear him. "He's going to give me personal training to catch up…" Tai looked up, and Matt could see tears brimming in his eyes. "I'm scared Yama… I'm scared of my own dad!"

Tears rolled down Tai's cheeks and Matt pulled him into a hug. Anger welled up inside of him, as Tai sobbed against him. Anger, and also a little guild… He had asked Tai to come to the park with him…

"Sssh…" Matt didn't know what to say. He could only rub Tai's back to comfort him, and wonder what possessed Tai's dad to do something like that. It was only a game…

He didn't had much time to think about it, because more and more students flooded the hallways. Matt knew Tai didn't want others to see him like this, so he led him to the toilets.

"Are you alright Taichi?" He asked after a few minutes. Tai sighed. "I will be, in a minute…" He walked to the sink, and splashed some water in his face. Then he turned to Matt, and smiled slightly.

"Thanks Yama…" Matt smiled too, and drew Tai into another hug. "You can tell me anything… remember that, okay?" Tai nodded, and sighed content. "Love you…"he whispered. Matt leaned backwards, and carefully captured Tai's lips in a loving kiss. When they broke apart, he whispered back: "Love you too…"

~*~

t.b.c.

I know it's short… but I had to put something out… I hope you guys like it… * ducks *

Taichi: I was crying again! I don't cry that often!

Yama: * grins * You sure Tai-chan?

Taichi : * glares at Yama *

Yama : Aaawww… * hugs Taichi * I was only joking..

Taichi: ^__^

Sillie: Right… Well, let me know what you think! Until next time!!