Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Some Things Happen When You Least Exepct It ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Events leading up to chapter 1..
Matt and Tai persuaded Sora to go to the dance tell her it will be fun, and She agrees. Tai has been drinking a lot to take some things off of his mind. He has recently made 'friends' with a boy named Jeff Matt has been telling Tai how much he likes Sora and wants to go out with her. This bothers Tai for an 'unknown' reason. Matt has bought a pair of Tickets so he can asks Sora to the dance. Sora has some interest in Tai but she doesn't realize it yet. And Mimi is constantly annoying Tai and tying to get him to ask her to the dance.
Some Things Happens When You Least Expect It........Part 1

~ding, dong~

The doorbell at Sora's house rung. Sora went to get it her mother wasn't home at the time. It was Christmas vacation and the school was have a Christmas dance. She opened the door surprised to see Matt there. "ah Matt what are you doing here?" she asked " I was just wondering..." he holds two tickets out in front of her.

"What are those for?' she questioned. "The dance I was wondering if you'd be interested in going with me?" Sora thought for a moment. "Okay sure. why not. " she smiled. " Okay cool. I'll see you then right?" he asked "Yeah, sure" she responded. "Oh one more thing would you like to catch a movie?" Matt asked out of the blue, Sora didn't know what to say. " Um....I don't know...I'll get to you on that tomorrow. is that okay?" she replied "Okay, yeah that's fine. bye." " bye".

Then phone just rang ' really weird everyone suddenly wants to get in contact with me tonight' she thought. " hello, Sora Takenouchi speaking" "Sora?" he said. "Tai, I decided I'm going to the dance after all." she responded quickly "Wha? um really. with who.?" he said . " Matt." she said. " Matt?" he was angry but he knew that Matt liked her too damn why hadn't he asked her sooner.

"Yeah, I wasn't going to go originally but I decide that I wanted too. Are you going?" she asked. Tai looked at the two tickets in his hands that he was going use for him and Sora. he face fell. sadly. "Tai?" " Uh Yeah I'm sorry. I think I won't now." he responded " Tai you and Matt both begged me to come to the dance and now your not going that doesn't make any sense." she said. "LOOK SORA MAYBE I DECIDED I DIDN'T WANT TO GO OKAY! SO JUST BACK OFF!" He said nearly yelling into the receiver. He hung up the phone. " Tai?...Tai?. He hung up." she said putting the phone back on to the receiver. 'huh, what's wrong with him. He never acted like that before. not over a dance anyway.' she thought concerned for him.

***********

Next day

"That was a cool movie." Matt said he and Sora were at the Midnight Express a little hang out were they all hung out at it was like a cafe except that it was for teens. "Yeah I guess." she said sipping her smoothie.

" What wrong?" Matt asked. " It's Tai, he's not going now." Sora replied. " What, you mean to the dance?" "Yeah he said he didn't want to go." She said unhappy. "Why don't we go talk to him. and convince him too" he suggested. "No, he was upset I don't think he is ready for a talk he was really angry. " she said. " He's my best fried too." Matt responded. " I know, I know. I don't think he would be up to talking about it." Sora said "Okay fine." he said giving up.

****

"Tai what's the matter? you were all happy yesterday and now you all moping around." his mother asked him. "Nothing Mom." he answered "Are you sure?" his mom asked again. " Yes NOW can you just drop it." he replied harshly. His mom was taken a back. "Tai what has gotten into you." his mom asked "Nothing I'm sorry for snapping at you." he apologized. "I'll be in my room." he said. he went closing the door behind him.

In his room he said starting at the wall. 'what's the big deal anyway its not like Sora is the only girl on earth.' he thought to himself." and besides I bought those ticket and I'll use them." Picking up the phone he dialed a number. "hello." a perky voice answered the phone. " Hi is Mimi there?" he asked then sighed. "Yeah hold on." the woman said then put him on the hold he waited patiently for someone to answer. "Hello this is Mimi." she answered "Yeah hi Mimi."

"Oh Tai so great to hear from you so have you decided to follow up on that offer?" she said "huh? what are you talking about?" he asked not remembering the earlier conversation. then he remembered. He partially promised her that he would take her to the dance. Well not really it was more her telling him that she dumped her boyfriend and was interested in going with him to the dance. "Um yeah I guess you can say that." He said. "So this means I'm going with you to the dance?" she answered for him. "Yeah."

"Well you took long enough to get back to me what was I second choice or something? " she giggles "I'll see you at the dance okay." he replied. not answering her question. 'Oh no this is going to be the worst dance I have ever participated in this year.' he thought. "Well anyway I'll see you at the dance tomorrow night." Mimi said hanging up the phone. ' I hope Tai is going to be much better then that other guy Philip what a jerk. Wait I know Tai will be. Any ways I think I'm falling in love with him.' she thought happily.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Tai walked into Midnight Express he looked up saw Sora and Matt at one of the tables, he rolled his eyes but decided to go over and say hi. Sora smiled happily as she saw Tai " Tai over here!" she said. Matt looked over his shoulder. "Hey Tai. how's it going?" Matt said. Tai took a seat next to Sora "Ah... fine I guess." he answered.

"Tai are you still going to the dance?" Sora asked. "Uh yeah. I'm going with Mimi." he replied Her smile faded for an instance but she didn't let it get noticed. "Hey how about we double date me and Matt , and you and Mimi? what about it Tai, Matt?" she asked a little to over excited. "I'm cool with it. What about you Tai?" Matt asked. Just before he could answer some one interrupted. "HI Tai!" Mimi called out Tai turned around "Hi." he answered her. She came up to the table giving Tai a kiss on his cheek. "Hi, Matt, Sora. how are you guys doing." Mimi asked.

"Fine" Matt said. "I'm fine." Sora said. "Tai are you up to it.?" she countered on what she was talking about earlier. Tai smiled. "Yeah I'm in." he said "Up to what? what's going on? " Mimi asked confused. "A double date with Matt and Sora." he replied. "Oh, I'd love to." Mimi said. "Cool guys then I'll drive. we'll go together" Tai said. "Okay. Then it's settled right?" Sora questioned "Yeah! Hey Sora wanna go shopping? for the dance." Mimi asked.

"Sure. lets go. See you guys later." Sora said they both left the guys there. Tai's eye's followed Sora out then he back to the floor " Tai." Matt's voice broke through. "Tai haven't you been listening to a word that I've been saying?" Matt said angry. "Sorry I was thinking that all" he responded. "Right any way I was thinking Should I make a move on her." he said. Tai raised his eyebrows "On Sora?" he asked though he already knew who he was referring to. "Yeah who else" Matt responded. " Well should I?" he continued. Tai got mad and exploded "How about you go tell some who cares!" Tai said angrily go up and left in hurry. Matt stood still watching the spot Tai had been just a few minutes ago. " huh?....." Matt said very dumbfounded. he turned to watched Tai walk out of the cafe. "What's up with him.?" he thought out loud.

Out side Tai pounded his fist against the wall. then he bit back the pain that it caused. "Damn...stupid...Ahh!." he said in frustration and confusion and went to the his car. "Stupid Tai, very Stupid." Tai scolded himself. 'Why is this bothering me so much? It never bother me before that Sora was with a guy why now.' he sighs ' This is all too confusing, I think I need a break.' he thought he started the car drove himself home.

(Author's Note: Tai has been drinking to relieve the stress remember that while your reading the next paragraph.)

"Hello?" Tai called around the house " Mom?...Dad? .....................Kari?" he called out once more. ' no ones home.' he looks over at the liquor cabinet. He walks over and takes out a bottle of whisky he looks it over ' maybe just a drink to relax me.' he thought. He pours some whisky into his glass. Then takes a sip of it.

TBC...........................

Some Things Happen When You Least Expect It