Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Some Things Happen When You Least Exepct It ❯ Chapter 2 & 3 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Some Things Happen When You Least Expect It...Part 2

The day of the dance:

" Sora dear your friend is here. Mimi is it, I think that's her name." Her mother called out. " Okay Thanks mom." Sora called from her bedroom. she came out and ran down the stairs. " Mimi Hi, what makes you drop by?" she asks " I wanted to ask you something Sora. And I should have asked this yesterday but I will now." she said. " What is it something happen?" Sora stated obviously thinking something bad happened

"I wanted to ask you about Tai." Mimi began. " Tai? what for?" Sora questioned. "You two are close friends I was wondering if you two, you know were intimate or involved with each other." Mimi stopped looked at Sora. "Me and Tai were just friend that all. He's my best friend and I'm his best friend." Mimi sighed relieved "Oh thank goodness. Well thank you so much for the help bye Sora." she giggled and left.

"Huh? she's really weird. sometimes." Sora shook that crazy conversation out of here head.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"So Kamiya are you coming?" the voice on the other end of the receiver asked. "Um maybe." Tai answered. "Okay you can always come it's a free invitation." he said. "Yeah okay Jeff, see you later man." Tai said hanging up the phone. ' what a loser.' he thought.

"You look happy Tai." Kari said sarcastically. "Thanks Kari." Tai said angry. "Okay I know not to bother you now." she stomped to her room. The door bell rings Tai seeing no one else going to the door goes up and open it finds Matt standing there. "Matt? what are you doing here?" Tai asked surprised

"I came by I wanted to talk to you. About yesterday at the Express." Matt said. Tai allowed him in. They walked over to the living room and sat on the sofa opposite of each other. "Okay so what is it about yesterday?" Tai began. "Your not mad at me are you?" Matt watched his reaction which Tai looked a confused. "huh?" he replied.

"I was asking for advice with Sora and you threw a fit almost. Are you made at me cause I asked her to the dance? "

"Uh, no I'm not. I was just thinking of something else that made me mad yesterday. Sorry dude." Tai apologized "Then were cool, right?" "Yeah" the two shook hands. Matt stood up "Okay so where do we meet at your house or Sora's?" " How about Sora's ". "Okay so see you guys tonight." Matt said as he proceeded out the door closing it behind him. "Yeah, great" Tai muttered bitterly.

"Was that Matt?" Kari asked as she descended down the stairs. " No it was Mr. Rogers" Tai answered walking bitterly passed her and into his bedroom. "Hey all I want to know is if it was Matt." Kari said rather loudly. "Can you not yell Kari honey please." her mother called from the kitchen where she was tiding up. "Oh sorry mom.".

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~evening~

Mimi's limo pulled into Tai's drive way. She got out of her car with a red leather coat she had on a pink strapless dress and a scarf around her neck, her hair was neatly done up. she came to the door ring the door bell. "I'll get it!" Kari zoomed to the door. "Hi MIMI how's it going." she said making sure Tai could her her from his room. "Hi Kari. so where's Tai?" Mimi asked.

"Still up stairs but he'll come down." Tai finally fixed his hair came out in his tux. "Hi Mimi." he said. " Tai you look so handsome." Tai smiled blushing " Well you don't look that bad yourself." he replied. he turned to Kari " Bye Kari." she ran up stairs without saying anything. ' too easy' he thought. He turned back to Mimi. " Any way's shall we be going." Tai said motioning to the door.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In the car. "Do you want to go out?" Mimi asked "What you mean you and I?" Tai asked. " Yeah, you know I really like you. And I know you like me. right soo.... do you want to.?" Mimi replied "Yeah, I like you. Your pretty." he said ' maybe if I do go out with her I can get my mind of these feeling I'm have for Sora.' "Pull the car over for a second." Mimi said.

"Why? we don't have time anyway." Tai said. " Just a second Tai." "Okay fine." he said as he pulled the vehicle over. "Okay so what is it?" he asked. " I just wanted to give you this." she said as she kissed him it last for 10 seconds. Mimi pulled away first " Okay we should hurry. We don't want to be late." Mimi said, Tai turned back to the wheel he was shocked a bit but then regain himself and started off again.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Oh, Matt come in Sora's upstairs she still getting ready you can stay here on the couch to wait for her. " Sora's mother stated. "Okay thanks Mrs. Takenouchi." Matt said taking a seat on the couch. There was a knock at the door Matt opened it "Tai, Mimi hi." Matt responded. The two walked in arm in arm.

"Hi Matt so where's Sora?" Tai asked. "Oh she up stairs still getting ready." he explained " Okay I'm ready, guys" they look up the stairs seeing Sora in a short navy blue spaghetti strap dress coming down the stairs she's smiling. The guys are smiling. 'WOW Sora...' Tai thought. "Sora you look beautiful." Matt said extending his hand to her she took it. " Thanks." Sora replied. Mimi caught the look on Tai face when she came down she wasn't too pleased to say the least.

~At the Dance~

It up and swinging. fast song playing. the four come through the door. "I guess were a little late" Mimi said. "Yeah." Sora answered. "Well come on let go dance." Tai said. a new song came on. a slow one this time.

It's not the flowers, wrapped in fancy paper

it's not the ring, I wear around my figure

They found a spot on the dance floor. Tai put his arms around Mimi's waist, she but her arms around his neck resting her head on his shoulder. Matt wrapped his arms around Sora's waist she put her arms around his neck resting her head on his shoulder.

There's nothing in all the world I need

When I have you here besides me, here beside me

Tai was staring at Sora longing in his eyes. She her eyes closed gently swaying to the music with Matt.

So you could give me wings to fly

And catch me if I fall

Or pull the stars down from the sky

So I could wish on them all

But I couldn't ask for more

'Cause your love is the greatest gift of all'

' This is killing me. Tai stop it come on stop it' Tai thought to himself he couldn't keep his eyes off of her.

In your arms, I found the strength to inside me

And in you eyes, there's a light to guide me

I would be lost without you

And all that my heart could ever want, has come true.

Sora looked at Tai feeling his intense stare. 'Was he staring at me?' she thought she could have sworn the he was. Tai had his eyes closed now.

So you could give me wings to fly

And catch me if I fall

Or pull the stars down from the sky

So I could wish on them all

But I couldn't ask for more

'Cause your love is the greatest gift of all'

You could offer me the sun, the moon,

And I would still believe

You gave me everything

When you gave your heart to me

So you could give me wings to fly

And catch me if I fall

Or pull the stars down from the sky

So I could wish on them all

But I couldn't ask for more

'Cause your love is the greatest gift of all'

The long night went on.

~later on~

"I don't know about you guys but I'm ready to go." Tai spoke first. "Your not the only Tai." Sora said. "Yeah I'm exhausted" Mimi said. "Then will go hand out at my house." Sora said. They all smiled in agreement with her. The four walked to Tai car getting in.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~ at Sora's~

"Tai can I talk to you?" Mimi asked. "Um okay." he replied. "is it okay we leave you two alone?" Mimi asked " Yeah no problem Mimi" Matt responded. The two walked over to the other living room is. " Okay what is it?" Tai asked. " I was wondering what is it with you and Sora?" the question took him by surprise "Whoa where this coming from?" Tai asked. "I just want to know what is Sora to you." Mimi said again. " She my best friend you don't have to worry okay." he said. He gave her a passionate kiss "Oh okay." she said. She then kissed him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Matt that's so sweet thank you." Sora said after opening the present he got her. It was a beaded necklace.

" Oh, I got something for you...here." she pulled out package that was wrapped. " here I didn't know what to get you so I go you that" he opens it seeing it a music book for guitars. "Thanks Sora it great." he say then he hugs her. They kiss sweetly.

TBC................................

The song in chapter 2 is ' Your Love' it's by Michelle Wright.



Some things Happen When You Least Expect It ......Part 3

~Next day at Midnight Express late morning~

Tai walked in saw Sora who was working there as an waitress. Sora saw him when he came in she went over to the table he was sitting alone at. " Hi Tai. What will it be?" she asked as she was doing he job as well. "Um nothing I rather not be severed by you." he said rather coldly. "What's gotten into you? I was doing my job." Sora stated bluntly. "Yeah well send someone else over!" he said getting up his nerves building.

"Tai I never seen you act like this what's your problem!" she asked. by now they were attracting a crowd. "My problem! you want to know really! it you Sora!" he shouted. "Ohh. it's me. Your ONE HELL OF A NICE BEST FRIEND TAI. THANK YOU SO MUCH! FOR BEING MY FRIEND! I HATE YOU!" Sora screamed she didn't know what else to say. This caught Tai of guard. " THEN OUR RELATIONSHIP ENDS NOW!" he said grabbed his coat.

"OKAY TAI Fine!." she stopped watched him leave to the outdoor part of Midnight Express. She asked if she could leave since her shift was up in 5 minutes. Then left for home as she waited for the bus tears had threatened to surface 'What the hell was that' she thought 'why was he acting like this. It's like another side of him I never saw before '

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Tai saw his "friends" at the one of the back tables. "Tai come over here." Then he saw Mimi there two. "Mimi what are you doing here?" he asked "I'm out with my best friend and her boyfriend. How about I buy you a cup of coffee." she said "Yeah sure." He replied "Come on Deanna." Mimi said they both left the guys there.

"So what's going on in there buddy? I could hear you yelling. at some one." Jeff said. " None of your business." Tai responded angry. "Okay, I'll back off man." "Here Tai." his girlfriend handed him his coffee. "Thanks. he took a sip. "Hey wait man here's a little something to liven it up with." he pulls out a flask from his coat. "What is it?"

"Vodka." Tai took it from him and poured almost half of it into his coffee. "Hey! I need some too." Jeff freaked "Relax there's a little left." Tai said. handing the flask back to him. "There better be." he countered. "Tai how much did you put in there?" Mimi asked she took his cup smelt it then took as sip she made a face. "Ew...thats gross how can you drink this." she asked handing it back to him. he laughed and took a gulp of it. "Right any way Tai me and Deanna are going shopping. see you later." she gave him a kiss then left. with Deanna.

"See you later I've got to go refill the flask you drunk half of it." Jeff said not to happy. " Yeah whatever." was the response he got from Tai. Jeff went. Tai was just finishing his alcoholic coffee. When he heard his name being called he turned saw Matt approaching him 'great just what I need as if I don't have enough problems.' Tai thought. "Tai what up with you?" Matt asked angry. " What are you talking about Matt." Tai said.

"Your attitude today what's wrong with you can't you see you hurt Sora's feelings." Matt said angry. " Sora's feelings what about mine!....Hey you know what don't even answer cause I'm leaving." Tai said then taking off. Matt swore he could smell alcohol on his breath. He lifted Tai's coffee smelt it then tasted it. Matt spit it out on the ground. "Man, Tai I don't even know you any more." Matt said he put the coffee on the table. He quickly went to find Tai but he could see his car in the parking lot. "Damn." He took off to his car.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Sora like I was saying he's drinking now." Matt explained to her. "And like I said before doesn't everyone drink?" she put. "No he was putting booze into his coffee." he explained , Sora still angry at Tai then answered "He's nothing but a big Jerk, who deserves everything he's gets coming to him."

"Sora you don't mean that it sound like you hate him." he said. " I do. I don't want to talk about Tai and his problems anymore." she said Matt looked at her. "Sora he's still our friend." he protested. "I think we should help even if he's having an attitude problem!" he said angry "And I said I'm not! he's not my best friend anymore! how about you leave now Matt" Sora yelled and ran up stairs to her room. "fine I'll try to help him myself " Matt said to aloud.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sora sat on her bed silently. "Why should I help if he's going to act like a big jerk." Sora flopped on her bed. turned on her stereo full blast.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

" Well thanks for the concern Matt but I don't need it." Tai responded on the phone. "Look Tai, I don't want to lose your friendship okay. I'm just trying to help." Matt's voice said. "Look I understand your trying to be a friend and I appreciate it but I don't want your help, In fact I don't need it." Tai said.

"Okay just promise me you won't do anything stupid? Okay." Matt said. "Okay I promise I won't. I'll think before I act." Tai said this not so sincere to it just to get Matt off his back. They hung up the phone ringed again. 'oh...who is it this time ' he thought.

"Hi Tai is that you?" she questioned "Oh Hi Mimi, yeah it is what's up?" Tai answered. "oh Tai, I got an Idea how about we go skiing on Wednesday I can rent out a cabin and will be all my ourselves." she replied shyly. "Alone? hmm. I'd probably have to ask my parents. But I can't say we are going alone. what's the cover?" Tai asked. " Simple we'll just say my parents are coming with us and staying in the same cabin." Mimi replied smartly.

"Good idea let me call you back in a second okay." Tai hung the phone up. " Mom, Dad?" he called. "Yes Tai what is it?" his mom answered. Tai came out of his bedroom "I wanted to ask you and dad something." he started "Okay so tell us what is it?" his dad answered. "I was wondering if I can go on a ski trip with Mimi and her parents." Tai said hoping they'd let him go. " I don't know me and your mother have to think this over." his dad said. " Okay sure" he said cool with that. "I just be in my room." Tai walked into his room closing the door behind him. He dialed Mimi's number. "Tai, did you ask will they let you go?" "Don't know I have to wait." he said. "Oh really you'll let me know will you?" she asked. "Yeah of course." "Okay love you." she smiled. "you too. bye." he responded coolly.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

(Authors Notes: Cody isn't Cody from season two.)

~noon~

"Oh sorry Cody about this morning." Sora said "That's okay things happen" he replied. Matt walked in saw Sora talking to Cody. "Sora. can I talk to you." he said " If it's about Tai then I don't want to hear it." she said not even looking at him "No, I wanna apologize to you about earlier. I'm sorry." she turned to him "That's okay your forgiven, besides i was taking out my anger on you sorry" she smile the two kissed.

Just then Tai walked in and saw them kissing, he turned his head disgusted and hurt and angry all in one. He sat down at one of the hidden tables in the back of the Express pounded his fist onto the table and put his head down.

Sora giggled as she pulled away. "I feel better thanks to you." she smiled " I'm glad i was able to help." Matt took her hand in his. She smiled warmly at him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~Night~

Sora was finishing off her night shift at the Express. Tai comes into the Express looks around and see Sora and approaches her. "There not a lot of people here tonight. it's kind of dead." he says Sora turns and sees him. "Usually on cold nights like these people stay home where its warm." she says rather coldly to him.

Tai gets to the point of the matter. "I want to apologize." "Okay we can talk out here." she points to the under glass portion of the Express. The two walk over there then Tai closes the door. " I want to apologize for what I said earlier about us not being best friends anymore. I'm sorry for that I really am I want our friendship back it means everything to me." he finished. "Tai I want that too. I say we call truce no more fighting over stupid things like this." she says extending her hand out. "Lets shake on it" there hands join and they shake. The two are over come with a powerful emotion. 'Her hand feels so soft' he starts to caress it. Sora looking down at her hand. Then Tai takes her hand in both of his they look up at each other mesmerized They take a step closer to each other the situation threatens to turn into a kiss.

"Sora?" Matt's voice rings through the Cafe. "Sora?' he repeats again. Sora and Tai are still looking at each other. Then Tai lets go of her hand. "Matt over here." Matt come over to them "Hey what's going on?" he asks "Were friends again I was just apologizing" Tai says. "That's good guys now we can all hang out together." Matt says. "Listen, I've got to get going see you guys tomorrow at school." Tai says quickly and leaves.

TBC.................................

Some Things Happen When You Least Expect It