Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Some Things Happen When You Least Exepct It ❯ Somethings Happen When You least Expect it 4&5 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Some Things Happen When You Least Expect It..4

~Morning~

"Tai we've made a decision about your skiing trip. and we also looked in to it." His father stated. "And we are not pleased with you. You lied to us." his mother said. "Why can't you let me go with her were not going to do anything." Tai yelled. "Were not dumb Tai that is the final answer. your not going." his father said. ' THIS IS NOT FAIR!" he screamed. "Don't you talk to me like that! What's gotten in to you? " he father said angry. " NOTHING DAD WHY CAN'T YOU LET ME GO!" he said. the frustration getting to him. " That's enough. " he walks up stairs an angry Tai gathers his belongings and marches out the door.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Guess what, Were having a party at the Midnight Express." Rose said, she was one of Sora's teammates on her soccer team. "Really for what?" Sora asked. "For our team. it going to be soccer season soon so we are throwing a first of year 2000 celebration for our team!" Lila said from her side. " Okay cool I'm there." Sora answered. "Great invite a couple of your friends too." Lila spoke up. " Yeah the more the better." Rose said. The belle rang once.

"Opps got to go see you later." Rose said the two other girls left her. Matt came running down the hallway to his locker which he nearly slammed into. " Matt?" Sora called he turned his head " Sora..hi.. I slept in I was in a rush that I ran all the way here in my uniform." he stopped to catch a breath, Sora laughed " you sound like Tai." she said. Matt looked at her

"like Tai? don't think so. This was the only time this happened to me." he answered. " I was just kidding relax." Sora looked at her watch "I should be getting to class now." Sora said " Okay I do too bye" "bye" they left for there classes.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sora and Matt were by the study area with Sora's friends Rose and Deanna. Chatting Tai saw them all there he decided on going to say hi, just then Jeff and some of his friends approached him. "Hey Tai." Jeff called he turned around to face him. "Jeff, what is it?" He asked

"I was wondering you and Mimi should come to the party we were going to have is on this Wednesday. I have this house that we are house sitting at and were going to have it all to ourselves." Jeff said. Tai looked at him, he had interest in this party. "Yeah, what else?" he asked "I got two Kegs." he replied. Tai smiled "You'll see us there. Don't worry Jeff."

"Okay, see you Wednesday. man." Jeff replied as he walked away with his friends Tai watched them leave then quickly went over to where Sora and Matt were. Sora was there but Matt wasn't. 'good ' Tai thought ' Matt's not there.' Tai came up to her she was sitting her back toward him. "Hi, Sora." he said Sora turned "Oh hi Tai." she said her usual cheerful voice. "I thought I saw Matt here with you and your friends?" he mentioned " Oh yeah they were. We were talking about our party were having." she answered " Party? I'll come. that's if you want me too." Tai said joking. " Of course I want you too your my best friend." Sora smiled at him as he looked at her. "About last night." he started "I'm sorry I didn't mean anything by it." " No it's okay Tai. I understand, It meant nothing." Sora agreed there smiles faded they both looked to the ground.

"Tai!" Tai and Sora turn around and see Mimi coming toward them. Mimi gave Tai a huge kiss. "Whoa Mimi settle down." Tai said. "What's made you so happy?" Sora asked. "Nothing I wanted to see Tai that all." she winked at him.

"Well I'll getting going see you later guys." Sora said as she left Tai watched her leave then sighed. "Mimi, were not going." "WHAT?" she asked surprised "Yeah you heard me the first time we are not aloud to go my parents aren't so leant as yours are." Tai said.

"Oh, well we can just stay here." "You know that Jeff has a party planned on Wednesday night." Tai said "Really, where going then.." Mimi said. "But Sora has a party and I want to go there too I don't want to hurt her feelings if I don't go." Tai said. "Okay that's okay with me but when do we get to leave that party. Half way through it?" Mimi asked "Yeah she wouldn't mind I don't think." Tai said. "Oh Tai come on it would just be a party she'll forgive you." Mimi responded . Tai looked downward to the ground thinking.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~late evening~

"Sora you okay?" Matt asked her as they sat at the Express quietly "Ah yeah I'm sorry if I'm not here." she said sad. "No that's fine, How about a movie a funny one." he asked " One you wanted to see" he suggested. "No, I don't feel up to it. I'm just dragging you down with me I'll go home I'm kind of tired." Sora said "Okay let me at least drive you home " Matt asked " Okay sure" the two got up and left.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Tai's in his room thinking. 'Why am I feeling this way?.' he thought. 'I can't understand this.' Tai got off his bed locking his bedroom door. He went to his closet digging in the back he pulled a bottle of vodka half empty one and started to drink it from the bottle. he closed his eyes.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Matt has returned to the Midnight express. Where he sees some of Tai's new "friends " Jeff see Matt and walks away from the rest of his friend to talk to him . "Your one of Tai's friends right?" Jeff asked him. "Yeah so what if I am?" Matt questions him. "No reason just wondering." he snickered underneath his breath " loser" Jeff was jolt back suddenly "whoa...ohffa" Matt glared down at him. " What's the big deal man!" "Hey, Matt/ Jeff Take that outside." Cody said as he saw the shoving that was going on. "Sorry Cody." Matt replied he turned away head home.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

' I never felt this why about any guy before.' Sora thought ' Why am I feeling it for Tai .. it's so different' she ' Maybe I'll sleep on it.' thought Sora. She turned off the lights and went to sleep.

TBC..............................

Some Things Happen When You Least Expect It......Part 5

~Tuesday~

" Tai get up!" his mother called from the door which was still locked. " Yeah....I will." he answered groggily. He didn't even get enough sleep last night and his tossing and turning didn't do him any good either. He turned over his face in front of an empty bottle of vodka.

"Maybe that's the reason." he said he took the bottle and threw it underneath his bed. He changed into his uniform came out of his room. " Hey Tai you want to go see a soccer match?" his dad asked. "hmph, no" he replied with an attitude.

"I suggest you get an attitude change now." his father said. Kari and there Mother were watching it.

"Yeah well, just don't bother asking me anything." Tai replied angry. "Yeah and I bet you don't want to go to Sora's party." his dad said. " What!? your not going to permit me not to go to my best friends party!" he yelled "Your under house arrest Tai you are not going anywhere tomorrow night." Tai looked at him in disbelief " WHAT THAT'S NOT FAIR!" Tai yelled. His father got up going up the stairs. Tai getting angry grabs a glass statue and is about to launch it at his dad when his mother stops him

"TAI, ARE YOU CRAZY!" she shouted grabbing the statue away from him. Kari quietly got out of there. "Mom talk some sense into him. please!" Tai begged her. "Honey I don't know. [pauses] maybe if you change you attitude toward him I can." Tai looked at her "I promise I will, I'm working on it" he said

"Are you sure you've been acting like this ever since the Christmas dance. and that pretty long time." she said , Tai look around annoyed. "Listen I will. just help me out for once please." he asked. "All right but I can't make you any promises that he will allow you to go." she said. Tai nodded " Okay I'm going bye mom." his mother watched exit the house she shook her head.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

" Sora, there some one at the door for you." he mother said "Okay tell them I'll be right down." She finished fixing her hair and put her uniform on. then came down "Kari?" Sora questioned "Hi Sora " Sora hugged her.

"How's everything be going?" she asked. "Fine but I got a question for you." Kari said " Okay what is it?" "It's about Tai" she said looking Sora in the eyes trying to read her "What about Tai?" Sora asked wanting to know what this was all about.

"Well he's been acting kind of strange lately I was wondering if you knew why. " she said watching Sora "Yeah I guess, you could say that. We got into a pointless fight the other day." she said hoping it helped

"No I mean---never mind that. Who did you go to the dance with?" asked Kari "Matt, he asked me so I went with him." Kari looked at her in surprise 'oh my God, And here I was thinking that Sora turned Tai down and that's why he was all moody the day before the dance.'

"What is it ?" Sora asked Kari seemed spaced out for a second " nothing I was just thinking. Well thank so much Sora I'll see you at school." she said " Hey Kari! let me drive you there." Sora said " Okay thanks Sora." They left the house.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Matt would you quit bothering me!" Tai yelled "No man, your still drinking aren't you." Matt spoke angry to him. Tai walked away from him to his locker. "Don't forget I had the Crest of Friendship and I learned the hard way to understand it!" Matt yelled back

"Oh yeah, I forgot cause of your stupid lame excuse ' I have to find myself ' I could all most died! one hell of a friend you are Matt!" Matt was taken back at the comment. "If I never meet you, I wouldn't have been in that position."

"Why are you rehashing the past!" Matt yelled. "I'm tying to get my point across. YOU WERE A LOUSY FRIEND AND I DON'T NEED YOUR LOUSY ADVICE!" Tai growled at him. Matt Stop in his steps. Tai marched out of there angrily.

A teacher came from a class room "What's all the commotion out here Mr. Ishida." he asked " Nothing Mr. Levin. Just a disagreement of some sort." "Very well don't do it again argue out of the school" " right" Matt replied the bell rang the student came out of there class rooms. TK approached him

"Matt you okay?" Matt turned saw his brother come up to him. " Yeah..." he respond in far off tone. "Are you sure I heard you guys, you never fought like that's since digi-world."

"Well at least it wasn't a physical fight ." Matt said " TK, Matt! " the two turned around saw Kari coming up with Sora trailing "Hey what's wrong with you? you look down." "Ah nothing really" Matt said he looked at Sora who was also concerned. she took him aside from Kari and TK who were talking about something " What is it?" Sora asked

"Nothing Sora, really it wasn't any thing." Matt replied "It's Tai isn't it. Did you get into another fight?" she asked " Yeah." he said simply " Oh, I'm sure it will fade then you'll be friends again like any other fight you get into." Sora watched as he just shook his head.

"No, he was being a total jerk not listening to me at all then he brought up the fact that he all most died in digi world and it was my fault. All I was trying to do was help him with this drinking problem he's having.

"Drinking? are you serious" she asked "Yeah, I told you that he was putting alcohol in his coffee remember." he told her. " Yeah... " "Well how about we think about it another time do you want to come with me to my locker." he didn't respond so Sora pulled him with her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Ha, I don't need any help at all. I'm totally under control" Tai said out loud " Tai I know what's your problem." Startled he turned around to meet Kari his sister. " You know my problem? Okay what is it?" he said laughing

"Your upset cause your In love with Sora. And can't have her" Tai looked at her " In love with Sora? no way I'm not in love with her." Kari smiled 'he's such a lair' she thought "Really, That's what you think. Tai your such a lair." Kari walked a way from him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

" Honey, maybe we are being a bit to harsh on him." Tai's mom answered " No, were not being that harsh on him he deserves it for giving us that kind of attitude, maybe if he learns how to act like an adult then he could go." he's dad responded

"How about I chaperone at the party then he can go." she replied with a suggestion. "I don't know." he thought out load. "Okay maybe we'll see if his attitude changes then I'll let him go with you as a chaperone." he said. Mrs. Kamiya was happy she got through to him. She wanted her son to have an enjoyable night on Wednesday after all she trusted him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Mimi and Tai were making out in the hall way. then they stopped "Tai, we should take our relationship to the next step." Tai looked at her. " Next step? as in..." he said knowingly "Yeah how about we go soak in a hot tub tonight?" Mimi said " I can't I have to do something tonight."

Mimi looked at him disappointed "Don't worry we'll re- schedule it." Tai said sounding seductive. "Okay then." she replied "I got to go to class so see you later." she kissed him and left. Tai rolled his eyes slightly. ' that's to close ' he though 'and beside i wouldn't be allowed to anyways.'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~Evening~

"Nah it wouldn't hurt for him to be able to go there besides we can trust him." Tai's dad said to his wife

"In fact I don't think he'll need a chaperone so you don't have to go and embarrass him in front of his friends." his wife smiled "Oh darling, your so sweet. I knew that your not that mean to not let him see his best friend in the whole world." Mrs Kamiya gave him a kiss.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

At The express Tai and Mimi are sitting at a table with Jeff and Deanna. " Okay, the party is planned and ready to roll by tomorrow night" Jeff announced " That's good, me and Mimi will come a little late but will be there." Tai said putting his arm around her. " Any ways I'll see you later cause i got to get home bye guys." Tai got up and paid for there drinks. Then left. "Why is he going so early." Jeff asked " he said that he had something to do." Mimi answered.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Tai arrived home took of his shoes and jacket "There you are hun." Tai looked up saw his mother and father. he sighed "Okay I suppose that you are going to tell me that I can't go and I'm grounded for life. right?" he asked " No, we are allowing you to go I know I was being hard on you before but I think we know enough to Trust you." Tai was totally surprised he didn't know what to say " Wow thank you so much Mom, dad. I promise you won't regret it." he said smiling.

TBC............................

Some Things Happen When You Least Expect It