Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Someone Else's Star ❯ Chapter 2

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Someone Else's Star 2
By Archangel Bloodraven

The girl picked up the phone before it had a chance to ring. "Hello love."

"How did you- never mind. How are you?"

"Now that I've heard your voice, just fine." She said moving to look out the window.

"My love. Hold on a second." The voice on the other end was muffled but still clear enough to make out the single shouted word of "SHOOT!"

"What would he do without you?"

"Let's not go there. What are you doing tonight?"

"Well, what I'd like to do involves bananas, ice cream, cherries, warm chocolate syrup, and whipped cream."

"Ai!" The voice on the other end whispered furiously. "You're making me blush!"

"I was just thinking about making banana splits. Where's your mind at?"

"I know you're not as innocent as you like to pretend. Now what are you really doing tonight?"

"Nothing at all. What did you have in mind?"

"A night on the town. What do you say?"

"On one condition. We have to tell the others about us."

"But-"

"They're our friends. The deserve to know and if they're really our friends they'll understand."

"You're right."

"Of course I am. Now, are we agreed?"

"Of course ai. I love you Hikari."

"And I love you, Sora. See you tonight."

***

"Kari! You've been in there for almost three hours!" Tai said pounding on the door of the room he was still forced to share with his younger sister. "What's taking you so long, anyway?"

"I'm going on a girl's night out, and I don't know when I'll be home." She said opening the door. "How do I look?"

"If you weren't my sister I can think of several things I'd like to do." Tai said wiping away a trickle of blood from his nose. "You're not going to see Takeru, are you?" He asked suspiciously, eyeing his sister's tight leather pants, and lacey, low cut white blouse.

"Briefly. There's something important I have to tell him." Just then a knock came at the door. "Would get that, please?" She asked teasing her hair briefly.

"Hi Tai. Hey honey, are you ready?" Sora called.

"Sure thing baby." Kari said pulling on a pair of dark glasses. "Tai you better sit down, we have something to tell you."

"Hmm subtle or freight train?" Sora mused quietly to herself.

"Sora, This is Tai we're dealing with here." Kari said giving her love a look that said, 'I love you honey, but duh!'

"Right. Freight train it is. Tai, I'm bi and I'm dumping you for your younger sister."

Tai nodded before passing out. "Hmm. Delivery was a little weak."

"Yeah. Sounded like the title of a Springer episode didn't it?" Sora sighed.

"Thank you for doing this for me ai." Kari said kissing her hand.

"Don't thank me yet, love." Sora said. "You get to tell TK."

"Ungh. Sora did you just dump me?"

"Yes Tai."

"For my little sister."

"Mmm Hmm."

"Okay. I can handle this. Did you ever have feelings for me?"

"Yes I did. It's just the more time I spent with Kari, the closer we got." She pulled Kari closer to her in an almost protective gesture, like the younger girl was a treasure to precious too let go, and maybe to Sora, she was.

"And Kari, how do you feel?"

"Wonderfully, unbearably completely, happy."

"Then I guess that's all I need to know. Kari, take care of Sora, and don't let her get hurt. Okay?"

"Sure thing Tai." Kari said understanding exactly what her brother meant. She wasn't going to let anyone break Sora's heart, it was just that simple.

"Hika chan. We have to tell Takeru."

"Right. I gotta go nee chan." She said kissing him briefly on her cheek.

"Have fun." Tai said with a smile.

***

It took a while longer, but they found TK with his childhood friend Sakura at a soda fountain.

"Do I have to do this?" Kari asked.

"Yes. He'll take it best coming from you. I'll be right here."

"All right. TK!"

"Oh, hi Kari. Sakura and I were just talking about you."

"Really?"

"Yeah, we were just saying..."

"Go on TK. She's your friend. She'll understand." Sakura prompted.

"Well, I was just saying how sick I am of everyone saying we're destined to be together. I mean, I like you as friend, but my heart belongs to Sakura. It always has."

"Then what I'm going to tell you is going to make you deliriously happy." She leaned across the table and lowered her voice. "Sora and I are a couple now. That's what I wanted to find you and tell you."

"I never thought you liked girls too." TK said.

"Surprise." Kari said with a slight flourish. "So I give you two my blessing to be deliriously happy together."

"Thank you Kari." Sakura said. "This means a lot to us."

"Sora, I know I don't really need to tell you this, but-"

"Don't worry TK. I'm not going to let anyone break her heart. My angel is too precious to me."

"Thanks." TK said. "I couldn't ask for more."

"See ya!" Sakura said as she and TK and talked to storekeeper on their way out.

"Ladies, your friends have purchased your deserts." He said presenting Kari with a cherry vanilla float and Sora with an banana split.

"Thank you." Sora said fighting the urge to laugh and blush at the same time.

"Mmm, banana splits. My favorite."

"Hi Jun." Sora said cheerfully. "Where's your better half?"

"Her other half," Mimi said from the restroom door. "is right here. So you two finally took the plunge huh?"

"After far too long, I would say." Kari replied wrapping her hand around Sora's.

"Now aren't you glad you joined us for dinner?" Joe said as he and Izzy stood beside the booth opposite of Mimi and Jun.

"Very. Please sit down." Kari gestured as she slid over and the others sat down opposite their respective partners.

"So, Mimi when did you and Jun start dating?" Sora asked squirming slightly in her seat.

"I took Jun for a walk to get her away from Matt and we got to talking and..." She shrugged as Sora's squirming grew more noticeable.

"That, I guess as they say is that." Sora said. "Ai! Watch where you put your feet dear." She hissed. Kari frowned in confusion, the leaned over and whispered something to Jun who flushed bright red.

"Sorry ai." Kari said. But since she gave me the idea. The younger girl thought with a devious grin as she slipped off her sandals and ran her stocking foot playfully over Sora's own.

You are bad! Sora mouthed taking another bite of her desert as she returned her love's affections.

"So are you two gonna play footsie all night or what?"

"Did you say something Jun? I'm kind of distracted over here." Sora said glaring hard at Kari who put on her most innocent expression while she sipped her soda. I'll get you for this. She mouthed.

Promises, promises. Kari replied.

"They're just like we were when we started." Koushiro said, smiling.

"Actually Kou chan, I think we were a little more uncertain. The only reason we even bothered to try to make it work..."

"Actually, I know all about the digital world. My brother talks in his sleep and Veemon would sell his soul for a well made sandwich." Jun chuckled as Mimi started to squirm.

"That's it, ai. We're going home. Now." Mimi said with a mischievous gleam in her eye.

"But why Mimi?" Jun asked innocently. Mimi leaned across the table and whispered in her beloved's ear. "Whoa baby, what are we waiting here for?" Joe and Izzy barely had time to move before the two lovers were out of their seat and out the door.

"Okay, I don't think we've ever been that eager." Joe said.

"We're far too restrained for that." Izzy said as talk turned to old friends and new loves until closing time.

"See you around." Joe said as he and Izzy headed back to their apartment.

"Well I guess I better be getting home." Kari said.

"Wrong answer ai. We're going back to my place." Kari arched an eyebrow. "I want to get to know you my love."

With that Kari flushed seven progressively darker shades of red as Sora lead her quickly through the shadows.

***

Sora barely managed to get her mother's door closed and locked before kissing Kari with soul consuming passion. "Ai."

"Yes, love?" Kari whispered.

"Gotcha!" Sora said tickling the younger girl under the ribs, leaving her squealing and breathless. As Sora pinned her love to the floor, Kari reached up and brushed her hand gently over Sora's face. "Do you want to?"

"Only if you do as well, Sora chan."

"I do." Sora said gently kissing Kari as she began to unbutton her shirt.

***

Kari purred as sunlight streamed through the window. "Good morning Kari."

That's strange. Sora hasn't called me Kari since we started dating. Against her better wishes, she slowly opened one eye to see Mrs. Takenouchi perched at the end of he daughter's bed. "Good morning, ma'am." She replied pulling the covers up higher as she attempted to sit up. "I suppose this is something of an awkward position to be in." Although it's nothing compared to last night.

"And all this time I was worried about finding a boy in my daughters bed." Mrs. Takenouchi chuckled.

"So you're all right with this?" Kari asked hesitantly.

"I'll answer that question with one of my own. Did you enjoy spending the night with her?"

"There's no right way to answer that so I'll be honest. I did enjoy what we did together, but I enjoyed this," she indicated the still sleeping Sora curled close around her. "even more. Being in her arms is heaven itself, and I wouldn't trade that for anything."

"Then I know you two will take good care of each other." Mrs. Takenouchi got to her feet and moved to the door. "Although next time, do try to take all your clothes with you, hai?" She said dropping Kari's lacey bra over the back of a chair.

Kari blushed as she nestled closer to Sora. "Sorry mom."

Mrs. Takenouchi chuckled as she left.

"Did you mean that ai?" Sora asked sleepily.

"Every word. I love you forever Sora chan, and not even death will change that."

"I feel the same way, love. You make me... complete."

The two young lovers snuggled close together and no further words were needed.

A/N: What? Were you expecting a lemon? Go read Mesmermon's Castle! There's a nice yuri lemon in there. This one you'll just have to use your imagination. And now for the disclaimer. *as Nixon, raising twin v shaped fingers* I do not own Digimon! I do not own Digimon!