Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Taking Over Me ❯ Chapter 9

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Taking Over Me

Chapter 9

Finale

By Sailor Red

AN Well, I asked if you guys wanted another chapter, and got such a wonderful response that I just had to write one. Thank you all for being so polite about it! There were no demands, just many "if you'd like to, that'd be great." That's just the kind of response I was hoping for.

In regards to the other statement made multiple times, yes, I do intend to write another Taito. Give me time to think up a new plot, and you shall see it up here soon. This is a very odd thing for me to do, as I tend to jump around with fandoms. Check out my author page to see what I mean. -_-;

So without further ado . . . well, besides the whole "Digimon doesn't belong to me" disclaimer . . . here's the last installment of "Taking Over Me!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

Hikari sighed as she plopped herself onto the couch, closing her eyes. She was worried. The young woman hadn't heard from either Taichi or Yamato in days, and she couldn't help but feel anxious for the both of them. Had Yamato found her brother yet? Had her blonde friend finally told Taichi about his feelings? When was all this craziness going to end? Why didn't her brother just live up to his crest and tell Yamato how he felt? Hikari was sure the brunette felt the same way as the blonde did! The young woman growled quietly.

"Taichi no baka!"

"Good to know you love me, Kari." The brunette woman leapt out of her lounging position and spun to see a grinning messy haired boy, eyes glittering in mischief. She ran to him and gave him an enormous bear hug, tears stinging her eyes. Taichi laughed and returned her hug, until she pulled away from him, eyeing someone behind the brown-eyed digidestined.

"Matt!" She exclaimed, and ran at the blonde, nearly knocking him over as she enveloped him in her arms. "You did it! You brought him back!" Yamato, upon regaining his balance, blushed slightly in discomfort and looked to Taichi to see the spiky haired boy smiling happily.

"Ne, Kari." Taichi said, grinning "Hands off my boyfriend!"

Hikari released Yamato, her eyes going wide, tears falling unhindered from chocolate pools. She simply couldn't stop smiling, and had to cover her mouth in her happiness, lest her relieved fits of giddy giggles come through.

"Boyfriend? Oh god! You guys finally . . . Oh this is great!" Yamato laughed and grabbed Hikari, giving her an affectionate noogie. The woman squirmed, trying to get out of Yamato's grasp, and the blonde kindly released her.

"Actually Kari, I'm not his boyfriend." Yamato said to the young woman, and watched her face fall.

"You . . . you're not?"

"Nope." The blonde smiled and Taichi walked over to him, put his arm around the sapphire-eyed boy, and grinned.

"Well, honestly, Kari . . . Yama-chan's right. He's not my boyfriend." Taichi looked to Yamato and then back at his sister.

"He's my fiancé."

Hikari gasped, tears falling freely, her grin coming back to her face and spreading so wide she thought her face would crack. Yamato scratched his head and then dropped his arm to his side.

"That is . . ." The blonde said smiling ". . . if you don't mind having another brother . . ."

The young woman didn't speak; she simply ran up to the two of them and squeezed them both tightly, crying into the boy's close shoulders.

"I . . . I'd love nothing more . . ." she looked at the two of them, looked at their elated expressions, and then once again, broke into joyous tears.

"I'd love nothing more than for you two to be together for the rest of your lives."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

"They're WHAT?" Hikari raised her eyebrow at Mimi's exclamation as she stirred sugar into her coffee.

"They're getting married. I don't see anything shocking about that . . ." Mimi sighed, sipped at her cappuccino, and placed the cup back on its saucer.

"It's just . . . isn't it kind of . . . soon? I mean, they only just admit their feelings and now they're already thinking of marriage?" The brunette looked to her strawberry blonde-haired friend and smiled.

"Well, come on Mimi. It's not like they just met each other on the street! They've known each other since they were eleven, after all . . . and I know Matt's been in love with my brother for over five years . . . I really don't think it's strange at all!" Mimi sighed.

"You're right . . . I guess I'm just a little surprised that they moved so quickly. They are perfect for each other though, I can't deny that!" Hikari giggled.

"Oh, you should see them! They still bicker like they always did . . . I'd dare say they do it more than ever! They're acting like they've been married for years!" Mimi shook her head and flipped a lock of hair behind her shoulder.

"Honestly, Kari . . . they've always been that way, you know? Every single time those two are together they act like an old married couple. I can't believe I didn't see it for what it was . . . I must be slipping!"

"You must be slipping!" Sora said from behind Mimi, nearly causing Mimi to drop her cappuccino all over her lap. "I'm supposed to be Ms. Crest of Love, and I didn't see it!" Hikari laughed.

"Well, that's because you had your eye on Matt and Matt only all those years ago."

"Did not!" Sora smiled and Hikari looked at her skeptically.

"Oh, right, sure. What about the "Cookie Incident," Sora?" Sora laughed and sat down next to Mimi, carefully balancing her cup of tea so as not to let it spill. The bearer of love then rolled her eyes.

"Come on now, Kari, who didn't have a crush on Matt at one point or another?"

"I know I didn't!" Mimi nearly choked on her drink.

"Well, I suppose that's because you were always too busy staring at his little brother!"

"Mimi!" Hikari exclaimed, and laughed.

"I suppose you're right." Sora almost spat her tea, in surprise, at the younger woman.

"You admit it!" The bearer of light shrugged then changed the subject.

"Well, we're not here to talk about me! We're here to talk about Matt and Tai!"

"You're right." Mimi said. "But don't think you're getting out of this so easily. Once those two are married, we're focusing on you and T.K.!" Hikari shook her head and smiled.

"Sure guys, we'll do that. Now, back to business, since I'm in charge of the reception festivities, I need some ideas . . ."

"I think chicken's good . . . who doesn't like chicken, after all . . ." Mimi started, and the girls went on with their plans.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

"Are you sure it's going to be okay having Kari prepare everything?" Yamato asked Taichi, and then sat down next to his brunette boyfriend. "I mean, you know she'll ask the other girls for their advice, and if I see one bunny . . . and I mean one . . . I'm going to run . . ." Taichi laughed and put his arm around Yamato.

"Bunny? What makes you think they'll get bunnies?" The blonde rolled his eyes.

"Well, you know girls, they go gaga for the cute fluffy things."

"So do you, Yama . . ."

"What's that supposed to mean? You calling me a girl?" Taichi smiled.

"No, I mean . . . well, have you ever actually looked at my hair?" Yamato involuntarily looked up at the mess Taichi called his hair and laughed.

"Ah, I see . . . you think you're fluffy . . ."

"You forgot cute!"

"No I didn't."

"Aw! You don't think I'm cute, Yama?" Yamato tried to suppress his laughter, but it bubbled forth. At the saddened look on Taichi's face, he stopped laughing, and looked at the boy with soft eyes.

"Of course I think you're cute. I never would have picked you out to be so self-conscious!" Taichi smiled.

"Only in front of you . . . so if you dare leak out my little personality flaw, I'm going to have to beat you!"

"Promise, Tai-chan?" Taichi's face turned scarlet at Yamato's comment, until he recovered and grinned mischievously.

"Sure, Yama! Wait to you see my whip! Oh, and I got these great handcuffs with the . . ."

"Tai!" Taichi simply winked at Yamato's blushing face, and got up to grab a soda out of the fridge. When he returned, he saw Yamato looking blankly at the floor.

"Ne, Tai . . ." Taichi smiled kindly, and lifted the blonde's chin so that their eyes would meet.

"What's up Yama . . . why are you so down? You were great a second ago . . ."

"Can I ask you a really stupid question?" Taichi gulped. Uh oh. 'Stupid question' usually meant something important. The brunette simply nodded.

"Well . . . did you . . . did you sleep with Sean?" The brown-eyed man's jaw dropped at his blue-eyed friend's question. He hadn't been expecting that!

"Actually, Yama, I didn't." Taichi smiled. "That's why Sean kept on cheating on me. He kept on complaining that we'd been together for so long; he said we should be doing those things together. I just never really felt comfortable enough to sleep with him. So, instead, he slept with the rest of the town." The brunette shrugged. "Anyway, you won't have to worry about Sean much from now on. The only time I'll see him is if Japan goes up against Spain . . ." Yamato sighed.

"Okay . . . as long as . . . Wait! What'd you say about Japan and Spain?" Taichi smiled.

"Japan signed me. Which means, no more huge spans of time where I'm far from home. Cool, huh?" Yamato didn't answer; he just ran to his fiancé and hugged him tightly.

"Really?" Taichi nodded and grinned.

"Yup."

"So . . . Tai, have you told your parents about . . ."

"Told me about what?" Mrs. Yagami asked from the hall, and both boys jumped. The woman smiled. "What's on your mind, Taichi?" Taichi looked at his mother and smiled nervously.

"Well . . . actually, Mom . . ." The woman smiled softly.

"Go on."

"I'm . . . I'm getting married." Taichi's mother broke into a grin and looked from her son to Yamato.

"To Yamato, here, I hope." Yamato and Taichi's jaws dropped, and they stared at Mrs. Yagami. "Well . . . are one of you two going to answer me?"

"Y-yeah . . . I mean . . . yes . . . I mean . . ." Yamato rolled his eyes at his stuttering fiancé and put his arm around the brunette man's waist.

"Yeah, Yagami-san . . ." The blonde smiled. "We're getting married."

"Well then, Yamato, I can't have you calling me 'Yagami-san' anymore, then can I?" The blue-eyed man tensed for a moment and Mrs. Yagami smiled.

"You're going to have to call me 'Mom' from now on." Yamato breathed out a sigh of relief.

"Now then, I'm going to make you two dinner . . ." Taichi looked at his mother, horrified.

"But Mom! You'll kill my fiancé before he gets to marry me!"

"Oh, please, Taichi. My food hasn't killed you yet!"

"That's 'cause I always fed it to Agumon!"

"Well, is Agumon still living?"

"Yeah . . . but . . ."

"Then you'll eat it. You'll live, trust me." Taichi turned to Yamato with a look that said 'Help me.' Yamato looked at Taichi with apprehension.

"Actually, Mrs. Yagami, er, Mom, I was going to take Taichi out with me for dinner." The woman smiled at the blonde and nodded.

"Alright, then. I'll see you two later." Taichi sighed in relief, grabbed Yamato's hand, and dragged the blue-eyed boy out the door.

"So, are we really going out to eat, Yama?" The blonde shook his head.

"Can't. I'm a little short on cash. I figured we'd go to my place, and I'd make you something." Taichi smiled.

"Cool. Then what?" Yamato grinned at his fiancé.

"You'll see."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

The boys had just finished their dinner, Taichi rubbed his stomach happily, and Yamato simply smiled at the brown-haired boy.

Yamato was starting to get nervous. Sure they had already agreed on marriage, they had even set the date, but he wasn't feeling confident about what he was about to do.

"Tai?" The brown-eyed man looked up at his friend and smiled questioningly.

"What's up, Yama?" Yamato looked straight into his boyfriend's eyes, and nearly lost any confidence he had. Taichi always had that way of looking at him that would make him nervous and giddy at the same time; right now, the look wasn't helping.

"I-I uh, I wanted to . . ." Yamato sighed and took a deep breath. "I wanted to give you something." Taichi's eyes widened.

"Okay . . ."

"Look, it's just that we're not getting married for a little while yet, but I still wanted . . . well I wanted . . ." The blonde pulled a box quickly out of his pocket and held it in front of the brunette. Taichi took the package carefully and opened it slowly, his heart beating madly in his chest.

Inside the box was another box, a small ring box to be exact. Taichi flipped the cover up and stared at the piece of jewelry inside, his jaw gaping, and tears stinging the corner of his eyes. It was a simple gold band, with the word "Zutto" written in script on the outside and "Courage and Friendship" engraved on the inside. Taichi shot up out of his chair and wrapped his arms around Yamato. The blonde smiled and returned the gesture, and then pulled an identical ring out of his pocket.

"We'll wear these as engagement rings, so that the whole world will know that we're together. I'm never going to let you go, Tai. I can't. I think I'd die if I lost you again. We've spent enough time apart to last us a lifetime, so for the rest of our lives, we'll just have to make up for the time we lost." Taichi smiled and kissed his fiancé softly, staring at him with the same brown eyes that always made the blue-eyed boy melt.

"Yama, you don't have to worry about me leaving you ever again. I've followed my dream. I followed it, and it led me back to you. That's gotta say something! Destiny's brought us together, and I'm not one to tempt fate. I love you, Ishida Yamato, I always have, and I always will."

The two men kissed each other softly, nearly trembling in each other's arms, slow traveling tears making their ways down to the floor, joining in a small puddle at the lover's feet.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

The End

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

AN: Well, that's a wrap folks. Just in case you don't know, "Zutto" means forever or always.

I hope you all enjoyed this fic! Thank you for reading, and thank you for reviewing. Reviews make me very happy. ^_^ You're all wonderful.

Ja ne!

Sailor Red

This fic belongs to Sailor Red, completed July 9, 2003.