Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Taking Over Me ❯ Chapter 8

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Taking Over Me

Chapter 8

By Sailor Red

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

Yamato almost fell over when Carmen ran into him from behind. The blonde turned to the little girl and caught her before she fell backwards.

"You run too fast, mister!" The little girl said, attempting to catch her breath. "Why'd you run off?" Yamato smiled at the child and pointed to the clock. There were only ten seconds left in the game. Carmen's eyes widened, and she took off running towards the front row of bleachers while Yamato watched her in confusion.

Carmen's actions were made clear when the buzzer sounded. The entire front row held up letters that said "Muchos Gracias" in bright primary colors.

Immediately after the sign was dropped, the group of children ran onto the field to chat with their favorite player. Yamato watched as many of the young people ran up to Taichi, and smiled as the brunette lifted one of the young boys onto his shoulders.

Yamato was about to walk over to Taichi when a man who seemed to be in his mid-twenties came up to Taichi and put an arm around the other boy's waist. The man was tall, muscular, and broad shouldered with short red hair and piercing emerald eyes. Yamato watched in horror as the red haired man whispered something in Taichi's ear and then kissed the brown-eyed man on the cheek. The blond was on the verge of vomiting when Taichi turned to the other man and smiled toothily at him. Yamato turned to run away when he heard Carmen's voice from across the field.

"Mr. Matt!" the little girl yelled. "Come and play!" Yamato spun to see Carmen waving to him from a position inches from Taichi. The blonde looked behind her to see Taichi, eyes wide and jaw slack. The brunette shook his shock off of his face and put the boy on his shoulders back onto the ground, looking at Yamato with unreadable eyes.

Yamato now did not have the option to run. Taichi had seen him and now there was no choice but to talk to the other man. The blonde shoved his hands into his pockets to hide their violent shaking, and walked to where the brunette was standing.

A whistle blew from the sidelines, signaling to the children that it was time to leave. Yamato watched, still half dazed as the boys and girls ran off of the field and towards their prospective busses. Carmen waved as she ran off, and weakly, Yamato returned the gesture. He then turned back to Taichi, who smiled.

"It's good to see you." The brunette said, and the blonde dejectedly kicked at the grass, a clump coming up under his shoe.

"Whatever." The sapphire-eyed boy replied. He knew he was being childish, but at the moment he didn't care. The presence of the redhead beside Taichi was draining all of the energy from him. All of the happiness he had felt at the first sight of his brunette friend had disappeared when he had seen him being kissed by his emerald-eyed companion.

"You came all the way here to say that?" Narrowed blue eyes met angry dark green. Who the hell was this jerk? Yamato thought his anger and jealousy couldn't get any worse when Taichi spoke up and proved him wrong.

"Leave him alone, Sean. I'm sure he has his reasons to be upset." Taichi said and Yamato felt his calm explode.

"SEAN!" The blonde seethed. He turned to Taichi. "What the hell is going on?!"

The brunette gasped and took a step back. Why was Yamato so angry? Did he think that . . . Oh. He thought that he and Sean was an item again?

"Yama, I think you've misunderstood . . ."

"Don't 'Yama' me, Taichi! I come all the way from Japan to find your sorry ass, I spend two months, yeah, two fucking months saving and planning just to get over here, and when I get here I find you and . . ." Yamato lifted a shaking hand and pointed angrily at Sean. ". . . and this bastard acting all lovey-dovey on a soccer field!"

"Jealous much?" Sean sneered. Taichi had to hold Yamato back from decking the red headed man.

"Yamato! Cut it out!" Taichi felt the blonde relax in his grip and let him go. He spun the blue-eyed boy around, gripped his shoulders and stared into his eyes.

"Sean plays for Spain. He was here representing for his team." Yamato glared at the chocolate-eyed boy.

"That doesn't explain why he kissed you." Taichi's eyes widened. Sean laughed.

"You're flipping out about a little congratulatory kiss? It was just force of habit. God, you're fucking crazy! No wonder Taichi . . ."

"Sean. Shut up!" Taichi hissed at the red head. The emerald-eyed man simply shrugged.

"Look, I have to get going, anyway." He turned to Yamato. "I'd say it's nice to meet you, but, well, it wasn't." Taichi felt Yamato's muscles tense once again and held onto the blonde tighter.

"Likewise." The blue-eyed man said through clenched teeth. Sean turned once more to Taichi and smiled.

"You've found yourself a real firecracker there . . . cute too!" Taichi growled.

"Sean!" The red-haired man just laughed and walked off, whistling.

Taichi sighed and released Yamato, shaking his head. Yamato glared at the brunette.

"Tai, do you still love that bastard?" Taichi couldn't help it. He burst out laughing.

"Love him?! Sean? I never loved him, Yama! I liked him. The relationship had its perks, but that's about it!" Taichi smiled and looked at his best friend.

"You know what Matt, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you were jealous of Sean!" Yamato rolled his eyes in a vain attempt to hide his shock.

"Whatever." The blonde cursed himself. What was that now, opportunity number 234 for him to confess to his best friend about his feelings? Why the hell couldn't he do it?

Taichi looked at Yamato and frowned. He just couldn't get a straight answer out of the man! Fine. It was time to play dirty.

"So why did you come here, Yama?" Taichi watched in satisfaction as the blonde jumped and looked at him apprehensively.

"Be-because you challenged me to bring you back?" Yamato answered, and Taichi smiled evilly.

"No . . . what I think I said was . . ." The brunette paused to watch his friend's uneasiness. God this was fun. "What I said was: "Prove to me that someone over here loves me enough to bring me back." Taichi smiled. "Or something like that."

"Tai . . ." Yamato gulped. This was getting awkward . . .

"So," Taichi started, took a deep breath to soothe his nerves. He was going to do this, and he was going to do this now.

"So the question I have to ask is: Are you that person, Yama?" Yamato's world froze. He found himself completely and utterly unable to move. Taichi didn't seem to have that problem, as the brunette walked up to him slowly and put his arms around Yamato's waist.

"Are you the person who loves me enough to make me go back?" Taichi smiled softly at his sapphire-eyed friend, lifting his hand to brush a blonde strand out of Yamato's eyes, then cupping his face, wiping away the single tear that traveled down it.

"Do you love me, Yama-chan?" Yamato gasped and felt his eyes overflow with tears. He smiled at Taichi, getting lost in his deep brown eyes. He then threw his arms around the brunette's waist and pulled him close, holding him firmly against him, and kissed him passionately on his wonderful lips.

"I do love you, Tai. More than you'll ever know." Yamato said smiling, and Taichi held him tightly, his ear against the other boy's heart.

"Why'd you take so long to tell me?" The blonde laughed through his tears.

"That, I'll never know." Taichi smiled and released Yamato, then grabbed his hand.

"C'mon Yama, let's go home."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

Yamato had never had a better flight. Even the peanuts tasted like prime rib with Taichi sleeping next to him. Sure, the brunette was drooling on the blonde's new shirt, but he really didn't care. All of the stress, the worry, the pain, had disappeared when he had finally been able to confess to Taichi. Now, he was simply laid back in bliss, watching the childish in-flight movie, Taichi snoring softly on his shoulder. Yamato was sure that it couldn't get any better than this, and then, once again Taichi proved him wrong.

Yamato felt his shirt being clenched by Taichi's hand, a portion wrinkled in his grasp. The brunette sighed contentedly and rubbed his head against the blonde's chest, sleepily mumbling nearly incoherently. However, there was one moment where the boy spoke clear as day, and the sapphire-eyed boy nearly jumped for joy.

". . . love you Yama . . . love you lots . . ."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

TBC? You tell me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

Should I give you guys one more chapter, or do you like it where I left it? ^_^ Let me know. Sorry this is a day late, but my power went out yesterday and deleted half the file. I now save every paragraph. -_-;

Anyway's Please review! If at least five people want another chapter than I'll do it. Otherwise I think it's good as it is. Lemme know!

Oh, and sorry if anyone hacked on the fluffball . . . I tried to make it fluffy and not gaggy, but it's difficult!!

Well, I'll be going then! Ja ne!

Sailor Red

Disclaimer: Digimon still does not belong to me, but we'll see what happens once I take over the world! MWAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!