Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Taking Over Me ❯ Chapter 7

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Taking Over Me

Chapter 7

By Sailor Red

Disclaimer: I do not own Digimon. 'nuff said.

AN: I am the worst author in the world!! I am so sorry about my lack of updating on this fic. God, it's been nearly two weeks!! Gomen nasai!!

A lot of stuff popped up that took me away from the computer. My work schedule's been a mess, an old friend popped up from being away for half a year, I fell in a parking lot and had to go to the ER to check on my baby, and last but not least, there's the damn Harry Potter book that I was glued to for two days, all of which got in my way of writing.

I think everything's calmed down now and I should be able to pop out chapters much more easily and quickly. Again, I am very sorry for the delay!! On to writing!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

It had been two months. Two months had passed since Yamato had seen Taichi, two months since the chocolate haired boy had kissed the blonde and issued his challenge.

"Find me, then . . . I'll be somewhere in Spain . . . Prove to me that I'm wanted here. Show me that you all still care. Prove to me that someone over here loves me enough to make me come back."

Yamato shook his head to clear it and looked back down at his assignment. It was his last day in college for the semester, and he was stuck in his poetry class for his final exam. Once he got out of school for the summer he could do whatever he wanted.

Once he got out of this damn class, he could leave for Spain.

First however, he had to read his poetry to the class. He cursed his sensei silently for the teacher's love of oral presentations. At least he wouldn't be reading this poem to Taichi.

"Ishida-san. You're up." Yamato cringed at the teacher's cheerful, almost mocking voice. Sighing, he picked his paper up off of his desk and made his way to the front of the room.

'It's just like singing onstage, Matt, you can do this.' Yamato chuckled to himself, the tone ringing itself sarcastic in his head. It would be like singing onstage, except these people weren't strangers, and he could see them. Onstage, he didn't know more than a hundredth of the audience, and the lights hid them from view. It was like singing in the shower or singing with the radio in his empty apartment. Here, in front of all of his classmates, it felt like he was being stared through. It was like the class was trying to pull him apart with their eyes, to claw through his defenses and leave him bleeding and dying on the tiled floor.

He had to do this, though. If not, he'd have to do it all over again next semester. He sure as hell didn't want to do that!

The blonde gulped, and took a deep breath.

"You led me through this world unknown,

You made me see what's real,

You made me open locked up eyes,

And showed me how to feel.

"And then you disappeared one day,

and took away my soul.

You took with you my heart that day,

And left my world not whole.

"So tomorrow I leave looking

And I'll find you, love, I'm sure.

There's nothing that can stop me now

No pain I can't endure.

"Soon I'll get to tell you

this thing I've hidden now for years,

and pray with everything I have

you won't leave me there in tears.

"I'll lead you though this world unknown,

and make you see what's real,

I'll make you open locked up eyes,

And show you how to feel."

Yamato closed his eyes, opened them and smiled. The class was looking at him, some of them forming tears, until they started clapping. Yamato turned to the teacher and the man smiled.

"Excellent, Ishida-san. You may sit down. Izuki-san! Your turn!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

"Matt!" Hikari ran up to the blonde as he was shutting the door behind him. The woman smiled and then held out her hand. "Let me help you with that!"

Yamato was struggling with his luggage and smiled at the young woman, handing her his carry on bag.

"Thanks. Not to be rude Kari, but what are you doing here?" Hikari rolled her eyes and grinned.

"Well, Mom thought you might like a ride to the airport. I mean, you are chasing after her insane son!" Yamato's eyes widened.

"What did you tell her?!"

"That you're going to Spain to see Tai. Nothing more, silly!" Hikari laughed at the relief on Yamato's face, and he scowled.

"I really wish you wouldn't freak me out like that." Yamato said. Hikari just smiled.

"You freak yourself out, Matt. She'll have to know one of these days." Yamato shook his head.

"Yeah, but I'd prefer her to know after I get Tai's reaction. There's no point in her knowing if nothing happens." Yamato looked to the floor and Hikari smiled gently.

"I'm sure he loves you, Matt." The boy shook his head.

"You can only say that if he hasn't told you." Hikari looked at the blonde questioningly.

"Huh?" Yamato smiled through sad eyes.

"You're too good a secret keeper, Kari. If Tai had told you that he loves me, than you wouldn't be saying things like that. The only one who knows how Tai feels about me then, is Tai." The girl looked to her sneakers. Yamato was right. Taichi never had answered her question. She didn't know for sure if her brother was in love with the blonde haired guitarist, she just hoped that he was. There had been all sorts of signs that he felt more than friendship towards the other man, but he had never said anything about them. Perhaps the brunette boy had realized how close Hikari and her brother's best friend had gotten, and didn't want to risk her blabbing to the sapphire-eyed boy. She scowled to herself. Stupid Taichi didn't trust her. She sighed and hid behind the smile she showed to Yamato.

"We should get going, Matt. We don't want you to miss your flight, now do we?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

Yamato sat back in his seat on the plane, headphones blaring in his ear in a vain attempt to block out the sounds of the wailing children next to him.

One more hour and he'd be in Spain, one more hour and he could start his search for the man he loved.

Yamato sighed. This flight was taking too long. He just wanted to get the hell off of the plane and find Taichi. Where to begin?

The blonde frowned and reached into his pocket for a mint and touched paper. With furrowed brows and a confused look, he pulled the folded eight by ten out of his pocket.

It seemed to be a note. He quickly unfolded it and gasped. It was in Taichi's handwriting.

Matt,

I sent this letter to Kari so that she could give it to you if you decided to come after me. I told her to give it to you only if you actually got on the plane. I wanted to make sure that you came after me because you wanted to, and not because of anything I may have implied.

If it took you any longer than a month to follow me, than I'll have already had my visit to that kid I told you about. I kind of figured it would take you longer than that, so I was worried about you being able to find me.

The only thing I can suggest to you is to watch TV. I'm not exactly a low profile person lately, especially with the popularity of Soccer over here. Oh! Right, they call it futbol here, so listen for that. Other than the whole TV thing, you know me pretty well, so you'll probably be able to recognize places that I'd hang out.

I move around a lot or I'd give you better info. Find me soon, Matt. I miss you.

Tai

Yamato stared at the paper in his hands in disbelief. Hikari must have slipped it into his pocket when he wasn't looking. He wasn't angry at the woman, but he was a little upset at Taichi.

Why didn't he just tell him where he was? It was obvious that the blonde cared about him simply owing to the fact that he had flown all the way out here to find the brunette! Why couldn't he give him better clues?! Watch TV! HA!

Was this all just a game to Taichi? Was he just trying to play with Yamato's head?

No. Yamato answered himself. No. Taichi was probably just didn't know where he'd be by the time Yamato came after him, and therefore couldn't give him a location. Yamato sighed and pulled his headphones off, just in time to hear that the plane was landing.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

Yamato silently thanked his Spanish professor as he got off the plane and saw somebody frantically trying to find a translator. He also thanked his college that he'd been angry at for forcing the language on him as a requirement for his field. Thank God Taichi hadn't chosen Germany or France, or else he'd be in some serious trouble.

Yamato purchased a map of the local area and went looking for his hotel. He didn't feel like grabbing a cab as he figured it would be better to get an idea of his surroundings. Upon reaching the place he would be staying, he plopped on the bed and turned on the TV, searching for a station that interested him. He finally settled on the local news.

There was nothing that gave him any clues. The reports were of a fire and some local church having problems with their clergy. Oh, and some lady had quintuplets. Joy.

Yamato growled and turned off the television, then reopened his map scanning for local interest spots. There were a couple of parks and other general attractions listed, but nothing really popped up at him. He sighed and looked at the clock. It was only eleven in the afternoon.

His body demanded sleep, but he refused to listen to it. He had to at least look a little bit beforehand for his friend. The blonde decided on a park that wasn't too far away from his hotel. It was something to do.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

The park had all the things Yamato would have expected seeing anywhere else. There were children playing, birds singing, and gasp! trees. The blonde was highly unimpressed.

The sapphire-eyed boy sat on an unoccupied swing and watched children play in the field beside him. Was he ever that innocent? Was he ever carefree enough to just goof off and have fun? It didn't seem like it at the moment. All he could think about was finding his friend and the hopelessness of locating him in an area this large suffocated him. He kicked at the dirt below his feet and sighed, then got up and walked farther into the tree filled area.

It really was a beautiful park, but he couldn't seem to appreciate it. He just walked, staring blankly ahead, thoughtless. Finally, he reached the end of the wooded area to find a lake and he stood at the shore, skipping stones across its surface, just to kill time.

"Hey mister! What are you doing?" Yamato turned around to face a girl who seemed to be about ten years of age, looking at him quizzically. The blonde sighed.

"I'm looking for a friend." The young child laughed.

"Well, you're not going to find him in the lake!!" Yamato's eyes widened and he felt a grin tug at the corners of his mouth.

"Where do young people hang out here?" The kid looked at him and smiled.

"You have a funny accent, mister. You're not from around here, are ya?" Yamato smiled.

"No. No I'm not. I came here looking for someone, but I don't know where to start." The child picked up a pebble and threw it into the water, frowning as it sank immediately.

"Who you looking for?" The child asked. Yamato smiled.

"A boy named Taichi Yagami. Know of him?" The little girl looked at Yamato as if he had a few extra limbs.

"He plays soccer . . . right?" Yamato's eyes widened.

"Yeah . . ." Yamato started and the little girl smiled.

"He's playing a charity game tonight in this park. You know the field over there, the one near the swings with all the bleachers? Right there." The little girl said matter-of-factly, and smiled broadly. She frowned again as she tried once more, unsuccessfully to skip a rock across the lake. When her new little friend hadn't responded she looked to him and saw him slack jawed.

"Mister, are you okay?" Yamato shook himself out of his stupor and smiled broadly, tears starting to form in the corner of his eyes. He'd see Taichi tonight!!

"Yeah. Yeah! I'm great." The blonde watched as the child tried again with her rocks. He smiled at her and then knelt down to her eye level.

"Hey, little girl . . ."

"Carmen!" The girl said, smiling.

"Okay, Carmen, why don't I help and teach you how to skip the rocks, since you've been such a great help to me . . ." Carmen smiled brightly, jumping up and down.

"Would you!! I saw you do it, and it just looked really cool!"

Yamato looked at the little girl and beamed.

He sure hoped he had been that innocent and wonderful when he was her age. She had no idea what her information had meant to him, she just helped him out because she knew she could. It was absolutely amazing, and Yamato had to thank her, even if it was as simple as showing her how to skip rocks.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

Yamato and Carmen stayed at the lake for a couple hours, having fun and talking. She had explained to him that the reason she had known of Taichi was because her brother had been the one that the brown haired digidestined had visited in the hospital. She also told him that this soccer game was to raise money to find a cure for her brother and all of the other people who had the same disease.

Finally their conversation ended, as the little girl's mother came running to the lake looking for her daughter. She seemed to be distraught. Carmen smiled at her mother.

"Hi Mama! Where've you been?" Her mother blinked. She had been about to ask her daughter the same question.

"I've been looking for you!!" The little girl looked down at the grass.

"Sorry Mama, I kind of lost my way so I stayed where I was so I wouldn't get more lost." Carmen smiled. "Just like you told me to do!" The woman grinned and shook her head at the child.

"I'm just glad you're okay. Who's your friend?" Carmen's mother asked and the little girl smiled and answered:

"He's my buddy! His name's Matt! I met him back here and he showed me how to skip rocks. Oh, and he's Mr. Tai's friend too!" The older woman smiled and looked at Yamato.

"Thank you for looking after my daughter." Yamato waved her thanks away.

"It was nothing, really. She actually helped me out." Carmen's mother looked at her daughter and then back to Yamato.

"How so?" The blonde smiled.

"I came here looking for Tai, and she told me about the game he's playing tonight. I never expected to be able to find him so fast!" The woman's eyes widened.

"Oh, goodness! Sir, you'd better get up there then, the game's almost over!" Yamato gasped and broke into a run, yelling his thanks and farewells to the two wonderful people that had been so helpful.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

Yamato reached the field to see a minute left on the clock. He looked frantically across the area of play for a familiar spiky haired boy and froze.

There he was. Taichi was dribbling the ball mid field and then passing it to one of his teammates. Yamato just stood in shock, watching from the sidelines, his mouth going dry, his world seeming to spin around him. Taichi. He found Taichi!

He watched the clock tick down. In thirty more seconds he'd be able to talk to his friend. In thirty more excruciating seconds . . .

He'd be able to tell his best friend everything.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

TBC

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

Hey minna, sorry for the cliffy, I just wanted to get something up! I'll have the next chappie up asap, which will probably be Friday.

Ja!

Sailor Red